Blue Cross Blue Shield Alabama Coverage for Opioid Detox & Rehab Centers
Does Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama cover Opioid rehab?
Dealing with an opioid misuse problem can be overwhelming without the aid of a recovery program. By using your Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama coverage nationwide, you can begin the journey to well-being.
Alabama has a population of people who require substance misuse treatment. 1(top) In 2021, there were 13,914 Alabama residents who sought treatment in a substance abuse center.1(top)
What Does Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama Insurance Cover for Opioid Treatment?
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama coverage for opioid abuse may cover a range of treatments and services. Different policies may provide different levels of coverage, meaning that you would need to verify the specific policy details of your insurance.
Some of the main services that your Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama addiction treatment plan may cover include the following:
Screening and Assessment: During the screening and assessment time, a clinician will perform an evaluation to determine the right type of rehab treatment for you. You’ll discuss your situation with a clinician who provides a written evaluation.2(what happens next)
Detox: Detox consists of a combined approach that includes treatment with medication and therapy. These tools help you feel more comfortable during the healing process. For some people, this can be a good starting point. 2(what happens next)
Inpatient or residential rehab treatment: Using Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama rehab coverage, you can begin inpatient treatment. This type of service provides thorough care for people who are beginning the journey of drug rehab. When you go into inpatient treatment, you stay in the facility with certified clinicians overnight for an extended time. You receive the most extensive type of treatment during this program. During therapy, you will delve into the root causes of addiction and how it affects you and others.2(types of)
Outpatient rehab treatment: During outpatient treatment rehab, you will take part in regular therapy sessions with a therapist. This may be once or twice a week, depending on the extent of your needs. 2(types of)
Intensive outpatient program (IOP): Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama opioid rehab also has an IOP, which is conducted on an outpatient basis. However, the intensive nature of therapy involves several hours of therapy throughout the week. 3(p10)
Partial hospitalization program (PHP): A PHP involves care and treatment for most of the day. It is set up in a hospital-like environment, and you’ll have medical staff to assist with your needs. You’ll participate in therapy much of the day throughout the week.3(p10)
Behavioral therapies: Evidence-based therapies are a foundational aspect of Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama’s mental health rehab.4(top)
Treatment for co-occurring disorders: Mental health and substance use disorders commonly occur together. When this happens, it’s best to participate in a co-occurring disorder treatment plan. This treatment will address the conditions simultaneously. 2(types of)
What Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama does not cover for Opioid Treatment?
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama insurance coverage won’t cover all aspects of opioid treatment. Some of the things that are not typically covered under a Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama inpatient drug rehab centers nationwide include the following:
- Recreational activities and programs
- Special food delivery or special food
- Private treatment services or private rooms
- Non-medical amenities
- Holistic services and treatment
- Alternative therapies
You can verify what specific Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama healthcare plan you have and what it covers by contacting the rehab facility directly.
What Is Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama?
Blue Cross Blue Shield has been around for over 80 years.5(p1) They’ve been providing healthcare coverage and solutions to people across the United States. 5(p1) What began as a grassroots approach grew into the large organization that it is today. 5(p1)
Blue Cross Blue Shield covers over 106 million people, which is 1 in 3 Americans, in all 50 states and Washington D.C., including Alabama. 5(p1)
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama began in 1936 and insures 2 million Alabamians.6(we cover Alabamians)
How Much Does Opioid Rehab Cost?
Facing the cost of opioid Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama addiction treatment nationwide can be daunting for some people. However, your Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama insurance substance abuse treatment coverage may provide the cost of services. However, the amount of costs that your insurance will cover varies based on the type of plan you have. There are other contributing factors that can affect the price as well. Some of these factors include:
- The type of treatment you get.
- The type of rehab facility you go to.
- The intensity of the services you receive.
- The length of time you will stay at the rehab facility.
- The type of amenities offered by the rehab facility.
Cost of Inpatient Opioid Rehab
The average cost of inpatient Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama substance abuse coverage varies depending on the factors listed above and the type of policy you have. However, since inpatient care provides 24/7 services, you can expect it to be more costly than other types of treatment.
You can contact the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama helpline for insurance verification and to begin the admissions process.
Cost of Outpatient Opioid Rehab
An outpatient rehab program usually involves therapy once a week. 2(types of) Since it’s not as extensive as other rehab programs, it shouldn’t be as costly.
Cost of Opioid Partial Hospitalization Programs (PHP)
A PHP is more extensive than a weekly outpatient program but not as intense as inpatient rehab. The cost for this type of program may hover somewhere in the middle of those two.
Cost of Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT)
Medication-assisted treatment (MAT) is a program that includes medication approved by the FDA. 2(types) An approved facility must dispense the proper medication, and a doctor must be on hand to do so. This could be more costly than outpatient but less than inpatient.
Opioid Rehab vs. the Cost of Opioid Addiction
If you’re wondering whether you can afford the cost of opioid rehab, it’s vital to consider the cost of not getting treatment. There are costs involved in both decisions. Choosing to go to rehab for opioid misuse treatment is a better option than not getting help. Some of the costs that are associated with not getting the help you need for substance abuse include:
- Loss of money to pay for opioids.
- Loss of a job, which is an additional financial loss.
- Damage to personal relationships.
- Health problems caused by addiction.
What Length of Opioid Rehab Does Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama Cover?
The length of time you need for opioid drug rehab treatment may vary depending on which programs you participate in. For those who engage in more than one treatment program, their stay in rehab will be longer. For example, if you participate in inpatient rehab, transition to PHP, and end with an outpatient program, you will be in rehab longer than someone who goes from inpatient rehab to outpatient treatment.
If you contact someone at the rehab facility, they will be able to discuss your Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama rehab coverage with you. You can also check your own plan information by looking at the back of your insurance card.
Choosing between Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama Inpatient vs. Outpatient Opioid Rehab Centers
Selecting inpatient drug treatment over outpatient opioid rehab is the best course of action for those who are struggling with a substance misuse issue. The reasons you’ll benefit from inpatient over outpatient are as follows:
- You get a more in-depth quality of care.
- There is a treatment ecosystem.
- You have a strong support group.
- You are immersed in a more focused environment.
- You are held to a greater amount of accountability.
- You get 24/7 care and services.
How to Use Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama Insurance for Opioid Rehab?
You can begin your journey to healing and a bright future by taking the initiative to begin your treatment plan. The following steps will be helpful in getting started with treatment:
- Consult your doctor.
- Locate a suitable rehab facility by checking online for centers near you.
- Determine whether the rehab is an in-network Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama substance abuse provider.
- Work with the provider to create a treatment plan that fits your needs.
How to Find Opioid Rehabs That Accept Blue Cross Blue Shield Of Alabama Insurance
You can reach out to American Addiction Centers (AAC) for the quickest way to verify your insurance. An admissions navigator will be able to look up your information and give you an immediate answer about your policy status.
AAC is a well-known provider of addiction healthcare nationwide. The admissions navigator can also direct you to a Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama substance abuse treatment facility in your area. Get in touch with the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama hotline today.
Rehabs That Take Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama Insurance
American Addiction Centers (AAC) has various rehab facilities around the country that provide drug and alcohol addiction treatment. If you have a Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance plan, the following AAC facilities accept Blue Cross Blue Shield for drug and alcohol addiction rehab.
- AdCare Rhode Island: With various facilities located in Rhode Island, AdCare provides innovative, quality, and cost-efficient addiction treatment. Its integrated system of care offers an inpatient treatment center in North Kingstown and a network of outpatient offices throughout Rhode Island. AdCare’s continuum of care includes detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, inpatient and outpatient services, and tele-health.
- Desert Hope Treatment Center: Located in Las Vegas, Nevada, Desert Hope provides individualized care programs as well as offering a full continuum of care including detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health.
- Greenhouse Treatment Center: Located in Grand Prairie, Texas, Greenhouse offers individualized treatment plans and many levels of care including detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and tele-health, all in a luxurious setting with high-end amenities.
- Laguna Treatment Hospital: Located in Orange County, California, Laguna is a chemical dependency recovery hospital that focuses on treating people who are medically compromised and need 24/7 oversight. Provided care includes detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment inpatient treatment, and intensive outpatient services.
- Oxford Treatment Center: Located in Etta, Mississippi, Oxford offers gender-specific rehab while offering an opportunity to connect with nature and try new activities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, inpatient and outpatient treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health, all with individualized treatment programs.
- Sunrise House Treatment Center: Located in Lafayette Township, New Jersey, Sunrise House provides treatment for people suffering from substance abuse from a medical and holistic standpoint. With various evidence-based therapeutic interventions, personalized care is provided through detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, and outpatient services.
There are various treatment programs for individuals struggling with drug or alcohol addiction, so don’t give up if the first program you check out doesn’t meet your individual needs. There are rehabs near me that can provide the treatment you need. Check out the directory to find a list of facilities and programs. You can search by location and filter by Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services. (2020). Quick statistics Alabama.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services. (n.d.). Types of treatment.
- Center for Substance Abuse Treatment, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. (2004). What is substance abuse treatment? A booklet for families. HHS Publication No. (SMA) 14-4126. Rockville, MD.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2019). Treatment approaches for drug addiction DrugFacts.
- BlueCross BlueShield Association. (2018). Blue facts.
- BlueCross BlueShield of Alabama. (2023). Company overview.
- Insurance Provider Name
- Policy Member's Full Name
- Policy Membership/Subscriber ID
Check your Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama rehab coverage
American Addiction Centers' locations
Guides for other health insurance providers
- 1199SEIU Funds
- APS Healthcare
- Aetna Insurance
- Ambetter Insurance
- American Family Insurance
- Amerigroup Insurance
- Amerihealth Insurance
- Anthem BlueCross California
- Anthem Insurance
- Assurant Health Insurance
- Beacon Health
- Behavioral Healthcare
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Shield of California
- Cigna Insurance
- Community Health Choice
- Cooks Children’s Health Plan
- Emblem Health
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Exclusive Care
- Federal Blue Cross Blue Shield
- First Care
- First Health
- Florida Blue (BCBS Florida)
- GEHA Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Harvard Pilgrim
- Health Net
- Health Plan of Nevada
- Horizon BCBS
- Humana Health Insurance