Nevada Alcohol and Drug Addiction Treatment Rehab Centers
- Access to licensed treatment centers
- Information on treatment plans
- Financial assistance options
Nevada, otherwise known as the Silver State, has a population of 3 million residents and is home to stunning lakes, mountains, and deserts.1 Unfortunately, the state also struggles with widespread drug and alcohol addiction.2 In 2017, admissions to treatment centers across the state passed the 15,000 mark, the majority of which were for methamphetamine, alcohol, and heroin.2
To combat the problem of addiction and provide its citizens with adequate care, the state of Nevada has 106 rehab centers, including private, state-funded, and free rehabs.3 Approximately 86% of these facilities offer both alcohol and drug treatment for individuals struggling with abuse and addiction, while 77 centers also provide mental health services for those with co-occurring disorders.3
If you are searching for addiction treatment centers near you in Nevada, keep reading to find out more about the available rehab options and how you can choose the right facility for your needs.
What Are the Different Alcohol and Drug Rehab Programs Offered in Nevada?
- 94 Outpatient centers.
- 24 Residential centers.
- 10 Hospital inpatient centers.
Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab
An inpatient treatment program provides individuals struggling with alcohol or drug addiction with a structured, distraction-free environment and research-based medical and psychiatric care.4 Patients are required to stay at the facility for the duration of treatment, under 24h medical supervision. Inpatient rehab is sometimes referred to as residential rehab, even though some treatment providers may make a distinction between the two, depending on whether medical care is offered or not.4
Alcohol and drug inpatient treatment centers in NV provide an array of services including medical detox, group and individual therapy, family counseling, medication-assisted treatment, and tailored aftercare planning. On top of that, many inpatient centers provide dual diagnosis treatment programs and holistic care, such as mindfulness, yoga, and massage therapy.5
Outpatient Alcohol And Drug Rehab
In outpatient alcohol and drug rehab, patients can receive evidence-based care without having to remain at the facility overnight.6 Outpatient treatment tends to be more suitable for those with mild to moderate substance abuse disorders, as well as those who need a more flexible program that matches their daily schedule.6
Alcohol and drug outpatient treatment centers in Nevada provide an array of rehabilitation services, including many of the treatment options offered in inpatient rehab. To determine the right treatment modality, the facility staff will evaluate the severity of the patient’s substance abuse as well as any other individual factors that may affect the recovery outcome.6
Dual Diagnosis Treatment for Mental Health and Alcohol and Drug Addiction
With nearly ⅕ of the adult population suffering from a mental health condition, Nevada is one of the states with the highest prevalence of mental illness in the United States.7 Furthermore, about 13% of youth aged 12 to 17 had at least one major depressive episode (MDE) in 2020, which is an increase of 99,000 from the previous year.7
Fortunately, Nevada is home to 77 facilities offering services for both mental health and alcohol and drug abuse.3 This includes an AAC facility, the luxury Desert Hope Treatment Center located in Las Vegas, where we provide integrated co-occurring disorder treatment tailored to the needs of each patient.
At Desert Hope, you can receive support for depression, anxiety, and other mental health conditions alongside alcohol and drug addiction treatment. The integrated approach we adopt aims to treat both conditions at the same time, addressing any underlying mental health issues that may be contributing to addiction or abuse.
What to Expect in an Alcohol and Drug Rehab in Nevada?
- Step 1: Contacting an admission navigator. Most rehabilitation centers in NV have confidential toll-free helplines you can dial 24/7 to get support and information on alcohol and drug treatment.
- Step 2: The pre-screening procedure. During this step, an admission navigator will discuss your treatment needs with you as well as any logistics involved. The pre-screening process may also involve questions about your physical and mental health, insurance coverage, and the available payment options.
- Step 3: Tailored treatment recommendation. Upon assessing your situation, the admission navigator will suggest the treatment program that is most likely to help you achieve lasting sobriety.
- Step 4:Scheduling your admission and planning the trip. Once you have scheduled the admission to your chosen addiction treatment center, you will need to plan a packing list taking into account the facility’s policy. This may also be a good time to organize your travel schedule, especially if you are going to out-of-state rehab.
- Step 5: Arrival at the alcohol and drug rehab. Upon arriving at the facility, you will need to go through a medical screening before you get settled and begin the rehabilitation process.
Entering rehab in Nevada may involve some specific considerations. The Silver State has a semi-arid climate, with the Sierra Nevada wringing moisture from the Pacific and the Rocky Mountains shielding the state from moisture coming from the Gulf of Mexico.9 In fact, Nevada is the driest state in the U.S., with about 10 inches of precipitation per year.9 These factors may affect how you prepare for alcohol and drug treatment in NV, particularly in terms of clothing and other items on your packing list.
Where to Find the Best Alcohol and Drug Rehab Treatment Centers in Nevada?
In addition to being known for its vast deserts and luxury casinos, Nevada is also a popular location for alcohol and drug rehab. Some of the reasons for this include its natural beauty, opportunities for outdoor relaxation, and safe medical detox offered at many Nevada rehab centers. Depending on the treatment center you choose, you may be able to enjoy equine therapy and other outdoor activities.
You can find both private and quality state-funded rehabs in Nevada, mostly near or in cities such as Las Vegas, Reno, and Henderson. The relative distribution of treatment centers in terms of funding and operation is as follows:3
- Private for-profit: 37
- Private non-profit: 55
- State government: 2
- Federal government: 6
- Tribal government: 6
Where to Find Alcohol and Drug Detox Centers in Nevada?
Nevada offers numerous opportunities for safe medical detox. In particular, there are 21 outpatient centers and 10 inpatient rehab centers offering detoxification services.3 Some of these detox centers are free, while others are provided as part of private treatment programs.3
As a common first step in alcohol and drug addiction recovery, a detox program can provide a safe, controlled environment for managing withdrawal symptoms.10 This is useful for patients with substantial dependence on a particular substance, who may experience uncomfortable and sometimes dangerous withdrawal symptoms upon ceasing use.10
Does My Insurance Cover Treatment in Nevada?
Most forms of alcohol and drug addiction treatment are covered by health insurance in Nevada.11 Your exact coverage can vary depending on the insurance plan and the kind of rehab you need, so it may be best to check this with a treatment provider.11
Most rehab facilities in Nevada accept some form of state-funded or private insurance.3 The ones that do not typically provide various payment plans and funding options. In 2019, the situation was as follows:3
- Private health insurance was accepted at 65% of facilities.
- State-funded health insurance was accepted at 47% of facilities.
- Self-payment or cash were accepted at 78% of facilities.
- Medicare was accepted at 32% of facilities.
- Medicaid was accepted at 76% of facilities.
Some of the most popular private insurance carriers that cover alcohol and drug rehab in Nevada include Ambetter, Sierra Health and Life (SHL), and Health Plan of Nevada. At American Addiction Centers, we are in network with these and many other insurance providers in NV and across the U.S. You can check your insurance coverage and benefits by filling out the form below or via chat or call.
How to Pay for Alcohol and Drug Addiction Treatment With no Insurance?
If you or your loved one are in need of alcohol and drug addiction help, but have no private insurance, you will still have several options to choose from.12 There are several free and low-cost drug rehabilitation centers in Nevada, as well as a number of payment options without insurance such as Medicaid, scholarships, payment plans, loans, and fundraisers.12
Money does not have to be a barrier to receiving high-quality addiction treatment.12 If you are unsure whether you can afford rehab in Nevada, contact a treatment provider to discuss the available payment options and start the recovery process.
How to Find Free Alcohol and Drug Rehabs in Nevada
Individuals who can’t afford alcohol and drug treatment may feel like recovery is out of reach. They might attempt to detox cold-turkey in an unsafe environment and experience uncomfortable and potentially dangerous consequences.13
Fortunately, those who can’t afford treatment can find several free alcohol and drug rehabilitation centers in Nevada. You can use the SAMHSA search tool to explore the low-cost and no-cost drug rehab and detox centers near you. Keep in mind that you may need to confirm your insurance coverage and income, and indicate what kind of financial help you need.
How to Choose a Rehab Center in Nevada?
Choosing the right alcohol and drug treatment center for your needs may depend on several factors, such as:6
- Offered types of treatment: The rehab center should offer the type of treatment you need, whether you are looking for detox services near you or want to find a luxury inpatient facility for your loved one.
- Center accreditation: Reputable drug rehab centers in NV are accredited by well-known and respected state and national agencies, including SAMHSA, The Joint Commission, and CARF.
- Medical staff: The best rehabs in Nevada are staffed by experienced and highly qualified medical and psychiatric professionals. They can provide their patients with evidence-based treatment and compassionate support.
Treatment Solutions is a subsidiary of American Addiction Centers, a renowned alcohol and drug treatment provider with rehab facilities in Nevada and many other locations in the U.S.
At our Desert Hope Treatment Center in Las Vegas, NV, we offer a full continuum of care. Our tailored treatment programs include safe medical detox, effective co-occurring disorder treatment, inpatient and outpatient rehab, partial hospitalization programs, telehealth addiction treatment, and more. In addition, we also provide various unique amenities to our patients, such as a spa-like environment, yoga and mindfulness practice, chef-prepared meals, and equine therapy.
If you or your loved one stay at our rehab center for 90 consecutive days, you will have a good chance of achieving lasting sobriety. However, in case of relapse, you will receive 30 days of complementary alcohol and drug rehab at our facility.
Nationwide Treatment Facility Locations
American Addiction Centers has rehab facilities across the U.S, including:
- A luxury drug and alcohol rehab in Florida
- High-end addiction treatment center in Mississippi
- Research-based alcohol and drug treatment in Texas
- Full-spectrum addiction rehab services in California
- High-quality drug and alcohol rehab in Virginia
- Leading addiction treatment facility in New York
- The best private rehab facility in Tennessee
Whether you are looking for high-quality addiction treatment in Nevada or any of our other locations, don’t hesitate to call our helpline or use the form below to check your coverage and get treatment information.