Health Net Insurance Coverage for Alcohol, Drug & Mental Health Treatment Facilities
Does Healthnet Insurance Cover Alcohol and Drug Rehab?
If you want to seek treatment for an alcohol or drug misuse issue, you can count on your Healthnet insurance to help you through the process. With a Healthnet plan, you will have access to a range of behavioral health services, including alcohol and drug rehab.1
Healthnet insurance rehab is distributed through MHN, which is a qualified managed behavioral healthcare program.
Healthnet plans are offered in California, Oregon, and Washington and provide members with individual and family plans, small business plans, large employer plans, Medicare plans, and Medi-Cal plans.1
You can check with a rehab center near you to find out if your insurance coverage is in-network with the facility. They can verify your insurance while you wait on the phone. You can also call the number on the back of your insurance card for more info about your specific plan.
What Is Healthnet Insurance?
Healthnet insurance was founded over 40 years ago in California.2 They offer healthcare plans and coverage for all people, no matter their income or employment status, thus separating themselves from most insurance companies.2 With over 3 million members, 2,600 employees, and 90,000 network providers throughout California, they are prepared to bring medical care to families, individuals, and businesses.2
Healthnet plans include a wide range of options, and they give access to behavioral health services, substance use programs, employee assistance programs, and managed healthcare products.2
Through the behavioral healthcare option, categorized within Health and Wellness, members of Healthnet insurance can participate in substance use treatment.3 Some of the plans offered by Healthnet insurance include:
- Individual and family plans: These plans can be either an HMO or PPO type, whatever is best suited to your needs.4
- Medicare Advantage California: This plan is for Medicare recipients and offers behavioral health benefits.5
- Medi-Cal: For California residents who are income-eligible, this plan caters to their needs by providing coverage. You can check with an admissions navigator to see if you qualify for this program if you are concerned about not having the funds to pay for rehab. It may be an option for you.6
- Small business insurance plans: Small business owners can provide their employees with coverage for medical and mental health care.7
What Will Healthnet Insurance Cover?
Understanding your Healthnet substance abuse treatment is an essential step in your recovery process. You may be concerned about what role your insurance will play in getting treatment. Whether you have Healthnet PPO coverage, Healthnet plan Medicare, or something else, you should have some or all of the following covered:
- Inpatient treatment program: An inpatient program is just like a residential program because you will stay there overnight for a specific length of time, which may be 3 months or 12 months. Whatever the case is, there are medical professionals to assist you through the process, providing you with a safe and comfortable experience.8
- Partial hospitalization program (PHP): If you feel like you’re ready to stay overnight at your own home but still need extensive care during the day, then PHP is the appropriate program for you. It offers a solid treatment program for several hours a day but sends you home at night.9
- Intensive outpatient program (IOP): As you transition to greater strength, you’ll be ready for an intensive outpatient program. This treatment involves coming to therapy and treatment several hours and days a week.8
- Outpatient treatment program and therapy: To ensure you stay on track with relapse prevention, an outpatient program is an ideal aftercare program.8
Does Healthnet Insurance Cover Inpatient Mental Health Treatment Facilities?
If you’re concerned that you may have a mental health condition along with a substance use disorder, then treating both together is beneficial. 10(treat) Individuals who have coexisting mental health and substance use disorders have a dual diagnosis.10(top) This condition is also known as a co-occurring disorder.10(top)
Substance use disorders are also categorized as mental health disorders. However, other mental illnesses do commonly co-occur with substance use.6(over) Several types of mental illness may co-occur with substance misuse. Some of these include:11(2nd)
- Mood disorders.
- Major depressive disorder.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder.
- Bipolar disorder.
- Generalized and other anxiety disorders.
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
- Conduct disorders.
You can use your Healthnet insurance benefits to get treatment for both mental health and substance use disorders. The Affordable Care Act mandates that insurance providers give members coverage for mental health and substance use disorders.12 So, you can seek treatment for these 2 conditions together at 1 facility.12
How Long Does Healthnet Insurance Cover Rehab?
The length of time that your Healthnet rehabilitation will cover varies depending on your specific policy and coverage tier. You can discuss the specifics with an admissions navigator or call the number on the back of your card to find out more details.
You may question how long you will need to be in Healthnet insurance in California. While it varies from person to person, depending on your situation, professionals do recommend that you stay in a rehab treatment facility for at least 3 months.13
What if My Healthnet Policy Does Not Cover Rehab?
If you’re concerned that your Healthnet policy will not provide coverage for rehab at a Healthnet recovery center, don’t despair. There are often financial aid opportunities at Healthnet treatment centers. Check with the facility you plan to participate in and ask if they offer scholarship opportunities, financial aid, or reduced fees for self-pay. It’s better to pursue a treatment plan and not put it off. Don’t delay your health and well-being.
What Should I Do if Healthnet Won’t Cover the Total Cost of Rehab?
You may find that your Healthnet insurance benefits provide coverage for a rehab treatment program but that the coverage is inadequate to meet all the financial costs. What should you do in this instance? You can talk to the admissions navigator at the Healthnet rehab facility about other financial options, as discussed above.
If the amount not covered is minimal, they may have a sliding scale fee that brings it down even more. Always check for financial alternatives to paying for rehab because many programs exist to help people get the treatment they need.
Healthnet In-Network vs. Out-of-Network Rehab Centers
If you search for Healthnet in-network providers, you may not have to pay for services. In-network providers have a negotiated contract with your insurance company and can pass the savings on to members. When contacting rehab facilities, you can ask whether they are in-network or not.14
If a provider is out of network, you may have to pay additional costs for services.
Do Rehab Centers Have To Be In-Network to Accept Healthnet?
You don’t necessarily have to go to a rehab center that is in-network, but remember, if you choose an out-of-network rehab facility, you will have additional costs to pay. The amount you have to pay for out-of-network services can vary depending on the treatment center you go to and the type of services you get. However, it will always cost more at an out-of-network treatment facility.
Check Healthnet Insurance Coverage for Substance Abuse Addiction Treatment
You can quickly and easily check your Healthnet rehab coverage by contacting American Addiction Centers (AAC). Someone will verify your insurance coverage for you while you wait. When you call the Healthnet rehab helpline, you will be directed to an admissions navigator. They will provide you with information about addiction treatment and levels of services.
You can also find a Healthnet rehab near you. Fill out the form on this page for a fast online response about whether your insurance is in-network with participating AAC rehabs.
With Healthnet, you have access to several options for treatment. The most popular plans are as follows:
- Individual and Families: Choose HMO or PPO4
- Medicare Advantage Plans in California5
- Medicare Advantage Plans in Oregon & Washington15
- Cal MediConnet15
- California Medigap1
- Medi-Cal: California’s Medicaid program15