New Directions Behavioral Health Coverage for Alcohol & Drug Rehab
Does New Directions Behavioral Health Cover Alcohol & Drug Addiction Treatment?
According to most recent estimates, 31.9 million Americans aged 12 or older used illegal drugs within the last month. Rampant drug abuse has resulted in 700,000 overdose deaths since 2000 and government spending on drug control has increased to $35 in 2020.1
Having an insurance plan that will cover the cost of rehab is the decisive factor for many people seeking help for substance use disorders. With a New Directions of Florida membership, you can rely on a certain extent of substance abuse coverage and access many in-network treatment centers in Florida.2
How to Find New Directions Behavioral Health-Covered Inpatient Treatment Centers in Florida?
People with New Directions of Florida insurance can have their coverage accepted by many drug treatment providers. You can find alcohol and drug treatment centers in Florida that are in your carrier’s network by using their Provider Directory or contacting them via phone.3
American Addiction Centers has excellent rehab centers spread across the country, including the top-quality Recovery First Treatment Center and the reputable River Oaks Treatment Center, which provide evidence-based treatment based on combining tried-and-tested behavioral therapies. Their centers are equipped with modern amenities intended to maximize your comfort and well-being.
You can contact American Addiction Centers by calling their hotline. Your call will be handled by a trained admissions navigator. They will provide you with the necessary details, such as the locations of their rehab centers and the process of entering drug or alcohol treatment.
What Is New Directions Behavioral Health?
New Directions of Florida is an insurance carrier that helps over 15 million Americans access top-quality care, including addiction treatment. It has been operating for over 25 years.4 Individuals, families, employers, and organizations can all benefit from their health insurance plans.2 It is their mission to increase the availability of mental health treatment, allow members to schedule their appointments without stress, and connect patients with a wide range of providers.5
What Do New Directions Behavioral Health Plans Include?
Individuals with New Directions of Florida mental health coverage have access to many drug treatment programs and rehab centers. Depending on the member’s tier of coverage, some treatment services or a certain duration of treatment may be covered, while others may not. Call their phone number to have a confidential chat with a compassionate representative and learn more about your particular plan and scope of coverage.5
What Does New Directions Behavioral Health Cover for Alcohol and Drug Rehab?
The level of care that a patient requires is determined after a comprehensive evaluation of their medical and psychological needs. Your New Directions addiction treatment coverage will likely cover the assessment test as well as some scope of drug treatment expenses. Depending on how severe the patient’s condition is, they may start treatment on the very same day. The length and intensity of treatment vary according to factors like the duration and severity of addiction, and the existence of co-occurring medical or mental health conditions.6
The basic types of care people may undergo include:6
- Detoxification: Detox is a process of allowing the body to remove a substance, which is typically followed by unpleasant withdrawal symptoms and cravings. Drug detox centers in Florida use targeted care to help patients undergo this first stage of treatment.
- Inpatient/residential rehab: If a person requires non-stop monitoring by treatment professionals, inpatient programs are what’s usually recommended. They include a 24/7 stay at a residential rehab facility and allow complete focus on recovery.
- Outpatient rehab/therapy: Outpatient programs are less intensive than inpatient rehab since patients receive outpatient services several times a week and go home afterward. They may receive a combination of medication and behavioral therapies to treat their addiction.
- Intensive outpatient programs (IOP): In case the intensity of standard outpatient rehab is too low for you, your treatment plan could include extra hours in a week. This kind of program is called intensive outpatient treatment.
- Partial hospitalization programs (PHP): These services are more intensive than IOP but not as comprehensive as inpatient treatment, as patients don’t stay at the facility overnight.
Does New Directions Behavioral Health Cover Inpatient Mental Health Treatment Facilities?
According to research, 9.5 million (3.8%) Americans aged 18 or older struggled with both a substance abuse disorder and a co-occurring mental health disorder.1 A history of mental health issues often precedes the development of substance use disorders since people resort to drugs to relieve their mental health struggles. However, the misuse of alcohol and drugs doesn’t help in the long run and people’s mental health usually deteriorates because of it.7
To ensure patients receive comprehensive care for their specific conditions, many rehab centers provide a thorough clinical assessment that includes a mental health evaluation so that an accurate dual diagnosis can be established. They also provide tailored treatment options for co-occurring disorders in order to treat the whole person and offer the best clinical outcomes.7
New Directions Florida offers drug treatment and therapy coverage so members who battle co-occurring disorders can receive evidence-based care. Since the extent of coverage varies based on your plan, it’s best to contact the company and check how much of the cost of treatment it could cover.5
How Long Does New Directions Behavioral Health Insurance Cover Substance Abuse Treatment?
Some programs for drug rehabilitation last only about a month while other rehab services may take up to 60 days and some treatment options continue for 90 days or more. Generally, longer stays in treatment provide a greater likelihood of successful, long-term recovery. Apart from receiving adequate, evidence-based care as part of inpatient or outpatient programs, it is also necessary for patients to have a sustainable aftercare program to rely on.6
As a member of New Directions Florida undergoing drug treatment at a substance abuse treatment facility in Florida, you can expect at least a part of your expenses to be covered by insurance. You can call their phone number to check the specifics of your plan and see what treatment duration it could cover. Alternatively, you can call your center’s hotline to talk to an empathetic representative, verify if your insurance would cover their services, and have your questions answered in a professional and accurate manner.5
What to Do if My New Directions Behavioral Health Provides No Coverage for Inpatient Rehab?
Since the Affordable Care Act made it necessary for all insurance carriers to support behavioral health, New Directions of Florida offers insurance coverage for rehab and therapy. However, not all levels of care and duration of treatment will necessarily be included in your plan.8
If you or a loved one need to enter treatment at one of the residential treatment centers in Florida but your insurance plan doesn’t offer adequate coverage, you can finance your stay in rehab in other ways. Patients have several available options they can use to fund treatment, including loans, scholarships, and government-funded treatment programs.9
New Directions Behavioral Health In-Network vs Out-of-Network Inpatient Rehab Center
Having New Directions of Florida benefits means that you can choose from a wide range of residential treatment centers and outpatient rehab centers that are in your carrier’s network. By opting for one of the facilities from their Provider Directory, a larger portion of the cost of treatment will be covered for you.3
Since American Addiction Centers work with New Directions of Florida, your insurance will cover the cost of your addiction treatment at their centers in part or in full. You can browse some of the excellent facilities at your disposal in Florida, including:
- Top-rated drug and alcohol rehab services in Tampa, FL
- Tailored treatment programs in Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Patient-oriented treatment facilities in Orlando, FL
- High-quality care for patients with addiction in Jacksonville, FL
Frequently Asked Questions
- National Center for Drug Abuse Statistics. (2020). Drug Abuse Statistics.
- New Directions. Home Page.
- New Directions. Provider Directory.
- New Directions. About.
- New Directions. Simplifying Access to Behavioral Healthcare.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2018). Principles of Effective Treatment.
- National Institute of Mental Health. Substance Use and Co-Occurring Mental Health Disorders.
- HealthCare.gov. Mental Health & Substance Abuse Coverage.
- FindTreatment.gov. (2019). Paying for Treatment.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2018). Behavioral Therapies.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. (2022). Methadone.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. (2015). Medication for the Treatment of Alcohol Use Disorder: A Brief Guide.
- New Directions. (2022). Our Headquarters.
- New Directions. (2022). About Our Solutions.
- New Directions. (2022). New Directions Combines with Tridiuum to Create Industry-Leading Technology-Enabled Behavioral Health Company.
- New Directions. (2022). Member Resources.
- New Directions. (2022). Medical Necessity Criteria 2022.
- U.S. Department of Health & Human Services. (2022). About the Affordable Care Act.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. (2015). TIP 45: Detoxification and Substance Abuse Treatment.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2019). Treatment Approaches for Drug Addiction DrugFacts.
- FindTreatment.gov. (2019). Medications Used in Treatment.
- Insurance Provider Name
- Policy Member's Full Name
- Policy Membership/Subscriber ID