Does Sierra Health Cover Alcohol and Drug Rehab?
Sierra Health and Life Insurance Coverage for Alcohol and Drug Rehab Treatment
Sierra Health rehab insurance is included under its Behavioral Healthcare Options (BHO),1 with coverage extending to Nevada, Arizona, Washington County, Mohave County, and Utah.2 When you have a Sierra health insurance plan, you can count on a wide range of health solutions, including services for substance use and mental health disorders.1
A Sierra Health medical insurance plan will fall into one of these categories:3
- Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) plan: With this plan, you need to stay in the network of providers to gain access to Sierra Health substance abuse treatment coverage. If you do decide to seek treatment outside the Sierra Health network, coverage may be limited meaning you may have to pay more for services.
- Health Savings Account (HSA) compatible PPO plan: This type of plan works like a PPO plan. The main difference is that you pay less per month, but you also pay an annual deductible. After your deductible amount is fulfilled, your Sierra Health benefits coverage will activate.
For more detailed information about Sierra Health drug treatment coverage, you can call the number on the back of your insurance card. The representative will answer your questions and clarify what your plan covers, your deductible (if any), and your co-pay. They may be able to point you in the direction of a Sierra Health rehab center near you.
What Addiction Treatment Types Will Sierra Health Cover?
With Sierra Health rehabilitation coverage through BHO, you will have access to services to assist you with both a substance use disorder and any co-occurring mental health conditions. Your Sierra Health network coverage may include some or all the following services based on your plan’s policy:4
- Inpatient or residential rehab: This type of treatment program is often the beginning of the recovery phase for people with substance use disorder. It may involve detoxification with the use of medications that are overseen by a doctor. The inpatient setting provides a safe environment for people to withdraw from the substance they were taking.
- Partial hospitalization programs (PHPs): During a PHP, the patient will stay in treatment for less than 24 hours at a time but have full access to hospital personnel including doctors, clinicians, and therapists. This allows a person to detox safely but still return home each evening.5
- Outpatient rehab and therapy: An outpatient program is usually advised for people who have completed either an inpatient or partial hospitalization program and are ready to step down to outpatient therapy once or twice a week.4
- Intensive outpatient programs (IOPs): In an IOP, people will participate in treatment several days a week for several hours per day. 4
Does Sierra Health Cover Mental Health Care Facilities?
If you are dealing with a substance use disorder, there is a strong likelihood that you may also have a mental health disorder.6 Substance use and mental health disorders co-occur quite frequently, according to the National Institute on Drug Abuse.6 Whether the condition begins with substance use or originates with an underlying mental health disorder is not known, but the connection between the two is evident.6
It’s vital to treat co-occurring disorders together, which means seeking a Sierra Health mental health drug treatment program that offers this type of treatment. You don’t need to worry about your Sierra Health benefits, because they will provide coverage for both conditions. Under the Affordable Care Act, insurance providers must treat mental health and substance misuse as they would any other chronic condition.7 So, you will be sure to have some level of coverage for treating these in tandem or as stand-alone treatments.
How Long Does Sierra Health Cover Inpatient Drug Rehab Centers?
The length of Sierra Health drug rehab varies for each person and depends on several factors. These may include the length of time you were using the substance, how much of the substance you were using, and whether you have other underlying conditions, such as mental illness.
Regardless of the specifics in your situation, substance use specialists recommend that people stay in rehab for a minimum of 3 months.8 Most likely, you will stay longer on an outpatient basis. The 90-day period will probably be for inpatient rehab or detoxification, and then you may continue with another program.
Because there are many different types of policies and tiers of coverage, the length of time covered by the insurance provider will depend upon your plan. You can find more information about your plan by calling the number on your insurance card.
What if My Sierra Health Policy Does Not Cover Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers?
Some people might be concerned about whether their Sierra Health rehab coverage will take care of the services and treatment they need. They may wonder what to do if Sierra Health doesn’t cover rehab or at least some of the costs. If this is the case, there are some options you could look into.
For example, you could ask the rehab facility if they provide financing plans. Some rehab centers may offer scholarships or other discounts. It’s worth checking into all your available options. The main thing to remember is that you shouldn’t put off seeking help. It’s vital to move forward with your recovery plan.
Sierra Health In-Network vs. Out-of-Network Inpatient Drug Rehab Centers
Your treatment at facilities and rehabs that are part of the Sierra Health drug treatment provider network will be covered.3 You can find out if a facility is in-network by contacting the facility and verifying your insurance. Additionally, you could call the number on the back of your card and speak to the insurance representative.
If you choose to go to an out-of-network facility, it will cost you more because the services may not be covered.3
How to Check Sierra Health Coverage for Addiction Treatment?
Sierra Health for addiction treatment provides coverage for anyone included in your plan. You can connect with American Addiction Centers (AAC), and they will verify your information for you to see if you have Sierra Health rehab coverage. All you need to do is complete the form on this page; you will get your answer immediately. If you prefer, you can contact a live representative directly. Call for more help about whether your insurance covers AAC treatment facilities.
AAC’s Nevada treatment center, Desert Hope, is one of the top addiction treatment facilities in the region. Its wide range of services includes co-occurring disorder treatment and medical detox treatment. You can find qualified, certified therapists at Desert Hope. Plus, Desert Hope offers several treatment plans for different lengths of time, allowing you to have the best program for your needs. Get in touch with AAC today.