Cooks Children’s Health Plan Insurance Coverage for Drug & Alcohol Rehab
Does Cooks Children's Health Plan insurance cover Alcohol and Drug Rehab?
With a Cooks Children’s Health Plan, you can access behavioral health services if you are struggling with an alcohol or drug issue.1(behavioral) Cooks Children’s Health Plan Insurance rehab is available for residents of Texas and serves the following counties:2(1st para)
If you need a drug or alcohol rehab treatment, contact the facility, and obtain a quick Cooks Children’s Health Plan Insurance verification from the admissions navigator. Someone can verify the insurance benefit information while you wait on the phone. If you’d rather, you can contact the number on the back of your insurance card for more information about your specific plan.
Check Cooks Children’s Health Plan Insurance Coverage for Addiction Treatment
You can easily check your Cooks Children’s Health Plan insurance coverage for rehab treatment by contacting American Addiction Centers (AAC) helpline. AAC has nationally known rehab treatment centers across the country. When you call AAC, you will be put in touch with an admissions navigator who can give you information about treatment program levels, where to get treatment, and whether your insurance is in network with the facility. You can fill out the form on this page for an immediate verification if you’d rather use an online method instead of calling.
What is Cooks Children’s Health Plan Insurance?
Cooks Children’s Health began over a century ago.3 It all started in Fort Worth First Children’s Hospital, with just 30 beds and a promise. The goal was to give medical care to all children.3
Since that time, Cook Children Health has continued to grow and become a large provider of healthcare systems and provider of contracts to healthcare insurance companies.3 They proudly have over 1 million patient encounters a year.3 Within the Cooks Children’s Health Plan, there are 900 primary care providers, over 1,600 specialists, 43 hospitals, and approximately 140,000 members.4
Cooks Children’s Health Plan Health Plans
Cooks Children’s Health Plan rehab insurance contracts offers several types of plans and contracts with healthcare companies to provide services and plans. Some of these services and plans include:1
- Exchange plans.
- Commercial plans.
- Behavioral health plans.
- Managed Medicaid.
- Traditional Medicaid.
When seeking a drug or alcohol rehab treatment plan, members with Cooks Children’s Health Plan insurance behavioral health coverage have the following providers who are in a contract with them:1(behavioral)
- Aetna Better Health
- Beacon (Cook Children’s Health Plan members Only)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas PPO & some HMO products
- First Health Network
- FirstCare Commercial
- FirstCare STAR
- Friday Health Plan
- Galaxy Healthcare Network
- HealthSmart Payors Organization
- Imagine Health Plan
- MultiPlan Inc/PHCS*
- Texas Children’s Health Plan CHIP and STAR
- USA Managed Care Organizations
You can contact your insurance to find out which managed provider you have for behavioral health, or you can look at your insurance card for this information.
What will Cooks Children’s Health Plan insurance cover?
Seeking the appropriate Cooks Children’s Health Plan insurance mental health treatment for substance misuse is the first step in recovery. Depending on the exact policy and managed care provider you have through your Cooks Children’s Health Plan insurance benefits, you should have coverage for some of the cost of the following:
- Inpatient/residential rehab: Start the journey to sobriety with an inpatient program. You’ll stay in a residential setting with a team of clinicians to support you as you go through withdrawal. Clinical staff may dispense medication that is used to assist with symptoms of withdrawal. The length of your stay in inpatient can vary depending on your needs. It can range from a few days to several months or even a year.5
- Intensive outpatient programs (IOP): If you participate in an IOP, you will receive solid outpatient services. These include individualized behavioral therapy sessions and group sessions. Sessions may involve most of the week for several hours.5
- Partial hospitalization programs (PHP): During PHP, you will be at the facility for most of the time but will go home at night. This allows you to get a lot of therapeutic support but return home in the evening.6
- Outpatient rehab and therapy: A standard outpatient program is the last step in the journey. It involves meeting with a therapist regularly, about once a week. During this step, you will be operating in the real world with the skills and tools you’ve learned to prevent relapsing.5
Before beginning the rehab journey, you can consult with an admissions navigator to determine what program to start your treatment at.
Does Cooks Children’s Health Plan Insurance cover behavioral health?
Evidence-based therapy will be a big part of your Cooks Children’s Health Plan insurance rehab treatment. There are several behavioral therapies commonly used in treatment for substance abuse. Different therapies will be a part of the treatment, depending on which level you are on. Some of these include:7
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy.
- Family therapy.
- A 12-Step program.
- The Matrix Model program.
- Contingency management interventions.
- Community reinforcements.
- Motivational enhancement therapy.
What types of substance does Cooks Children’s Health Plan Insurance covers?
Cooks Children’s Health Plan insurance rehabilitation will provide coverage for several different substances. Some substances are more commonly used than others. These include:
- Cocaine or crack.
- Prescription painkillers.
This list isn’t all-inclusive on the types of substances a person may receive treatment for. You may consume some other substances that aren’t listed and still obtain Cooks Children’s Health Plan insurance drug rehab treatment. You can contact the rehab facility to ensure that the substance you are taking is something they treat.
Does Cooks Children’s Health Plan Treatment Cover Mental Health Care Treatment Facilities?
Many people with substance use disorder also have a mental health issue.9 It’s common for co-occurring disorders to exist in people who are dealing with substance use. Seeking a treatment plan that addresses both of these is vital to the recovery efforts.9 With your Cooks Children’s Health Plan Insurance substance abuse treatment coverage, you can count on mental health coverage too.
Federal laws indicate that insurance companies must not deny people because of a substance use issue. One of these laws is the Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act (MHPAEA) of 2008, which states that insurers must give coverage to members for mental health and substance misuse.10 The other law that was enacted was the Affordable Care Act (ACA), passed in 2010. This mandate states that insurance companies can’t reject people due to substance abuse or mental health issues.11
The fact is that many people with a substance use disorder also have a co-occurring mental illness.9 These mental health concerns may range from something mild to more severe and take in all mental illnesses, such as anxiety disorder, depressive disorder, ADHD, PTSD, etc. 9 Treating these together with a co-occurring disorder treatment plan is the best option to prevent relapse and get to the root of the problem.9
You can ask one of the Cooks Children’s Health Plan Insurance drug treatment providers if they provide co-occurring disorder treatment. 9
How Long Does Cooks Children’s Health Plan Insurance Cover Rehab?
Many different types of policies and tiers of coverage are available through your Cooks Children’s Health Plan Insurance drug treatment plan. The coverage length may vary based on the type of policy tier you have. It’s vital to obtain the amount of rehab that will be effective for recovery. Experts say that 3 months is the minimum amount for a rehab program.12
What if my Cooks Children’s Health Plan policy does not cover rehab?
If you find out that your Cooks Children’s Health Plan Insurance drug rehab coverage doesn’t pay for the cost of all your rehab, you can check your eligibility for other financial options. Many rehab facilities offer scholarships, financial aid, and reduced fees. You can contact the rehab facility and inquire about whether they offer any financial payment options. It’s better to seek eligibility versus pushing it down the road.
Cooks Children’s Health Plan Insurance In Network vs. Out of Network Rehab Centers
When searching for a treatment facility, be sure to check for in-network rehabs. These treatment facilities will be able to offer the best rates to the insurance company. This allows the rehab to cover your services or more of the costs than an out-of-service rehab facility would.
- Cooks Children’s. (n.d.). Insurance plans.
- Cooks Children’s. (n.d.). Home page.
- Cooks Children’s. (n.d.). History of care.
- Cooks Children’s. (n.d.). About us.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2019). Treatment approaches for drug addiction DrugFacts.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2020). Treatment settings.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2020). Behavioral therapies.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2020). Commonly used drugs charts.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2018). Comorbidity: substance use disorders and other mental illnesses DrugFacts.
- FindTreatment.gov. (n.d.). Paying for treatment.
- HealthCare.gov. (n.d.). What marketplace health insurance plans cover.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2020). Principles of effective treatment.
- Insurance Provider Name
- Policy Member's Full Name
- Policy Membership/Subscriber ID
Check your Cooks Children’s Health Plan rehab coverage
American Addiction Centers' locations
Guides for other health insurance providers
- 1199SEIU Funds
- APS Healthcare
- Aetna Insurance
- Ambetter Insurance
- American Family Insurance
- Amerigroup Insurance
- Amerihealth Insurance
- Anthem BlueCross California
- Anthem Insurance
- Assurant Health Insurance
- Beacon Health
- Behavioral Healthcare
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Shield of California
- Cigna Insurance
- Community Health Choice
- Cooks Children’s Health Plan
- Emblem Health
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Exclusive Care
- Federal Blue Cross Blue Shield
- First Care
- First Health
- Florida Blue (BCBS Florida)
- GEHA Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Harvard Pilgrim
- Health Net
- Health Plan of Nevada
- Horizon BCBS
- Humana Health Insurance