Cocaine Anonymous (CA) 12-Step Recovery Program and Network Meetings
- Access to licensed treatment centers
- Information on treatment plans
- Financial assistance options
Cocaine Anonymous (CA) Addiction Support Groups & Meetings Near Me
Cocaine is a highly addictive substance that belongs to the class of drugs called stimulants.1 Cocaine increases the concentration of the hormone dopamine in the brain, causing the desirable effects that the users take it for but also tolerance and dependence over time. Its use carries the risk of serious health detriments, addiction, and potentially life-threatening overdose.1
If you or a loved one are battling cocaine addiction, there are multiple treatment options that can help you recover. One of the possibilities for treatment-seeking individuals is to attend Cocaine Anonymous meetings, where they can share their experiences with other recovering individuals and achieve lasting sobriety through the 12-step process.2
What Does Cocaine Anonymous (CA) Entail?
Cocaine Anonymous is a fellowship of people who are seeking relief from their addiction to cocaine.2 It’s a program based on the long-standing tradition of Alcoholics Anonymous and their 12-step program. Their meetings are held nationwide, so you can easily find one near you by researching their locations.3 Alternatively, you can attend Cocaine Anonymous online meetings.
What Are the 12 Steps of Cocaine Anonymous?
The 12 steps of Cocaine Anonymous are based on the similar program pioneered by the Alcoholics Anonymous and successfully used for decades. The steps are:2
- We admitted we were powerless over cocaine and all other mind-altering substances — that our lives had become unmanageable.
- Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
- Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.
- Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
- Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
- We’re entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
- Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.
- Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.
- Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
- Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
- Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.
- Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to addicts, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
What Are the Advantages of CA Support Groups?
Cocaine Anonymous meetings for cocaine addiction may provide treatment-seekers with multiple advantages, such as:2
- They are available to everyone who wants to quit cocaine, regardless of their background, ethnicity, religious beliefs, or other factors. The only requirement is for the attendee to want to stop cocaine use.
- CA has no affiliation to any religious or political organization. While its approach is based on spirituality, unlike the typical faith-based drug and alcohol treatment, it isn’t rooted in one particular religion. They also don’t endorse any particular rehab facility although many of them recommend Cocaine Anonymous meetings to their patients.
- CA meetings can be a supplement to other levels of care, such as during a patient’s long-term treatment program or throughout their short-term, high-intensity rehab for cocaine addiction.
- Attendance is free of charge, so it can be particularly useful for people looking for “help for cocaine users with no money”.
What Are Cocaine Anonymous Meetings?
Cocaine Anonymous meetings can either be closed or open.4 The former can only be attended by members while the latter are open to the general public. There are several different types of CA meetings:4
- Step study: Members get a deeper understanding of the 12 steps of Cocaine Anonymous.
- Book study: Participants have discussions about Cocaine Anonymous readings.
- Participation: Members share their thoughts, struggles, and hopes with the rest of the support group.
- Speaker: The group listens to an individual speaker, who talks about their experiences in detail.
- H&I meetings: They take place at treatment facilities, where they give the patients a basic introduction to the method.
In addition to live sessions, online CA meetings are also available. They can either take place in real time and be similar in format to the live meetings or be conducted via email.5
Do You Have to Pay to Attend Cocaine Anonymous?
No, you don’t have to pay anything to attend a Cocaine Anonymous meeting.2 Members may provide voluntary contributions to help the organization, but this isn’t mandatory.2
Money doesn’t have to be an obstacle to accessing other forms of treatment either, such as a 28 or 30-day rehabilitation program, a tailored 60-day treatment plan, or a 90-day rehab at a treatment facility. The majority of treatment centers offer multiple helpful payment options for low-income individuals.
How Do You Get Ready for a Cocaine Anonymous Meeting?
There are no particular requirements for people wishing to get anonymous addiction help for crack or another form of cocaine.2 The willingness to stop using drugs and follow the CA approach is enough. The group prioritizes unity, spirituality, and personal growth, so it’s advisable for participants to be open to this approach.4
Who Are Cocaine Anonymous Meetings for?
Cocaine Anonymous is for everyone seeking support while they’re recovering from cocaine addiction as long as they’re interested in sharing their journey with others in a similar situation.2
Some people start attending meetings during their stay at a residential inpatient facility while others join when they transition out of high-intensity medication-assisted treatment. It can be an effective option for many kinds of people, including couples who are recovering from SUDs. Participation isn’t age-restricted so even recovering teenagers can join the group.2
How Long Does Cocaine Anonymous Last?
There’s no particular time limit to attending Cocaine Anonymous meetings.5 Every participant has their own unique needs and they’re welcome to attend meetings for as long as they need. Some members go over the 12 steps of CA only once while others do it several times.5
What Are the Alternatives to Cocaine Anonymous?
Taking part in CA support groups may not be enough to help a person recovering from cocaine addiction. They may need a more comprehensive approach to treatment, including medication-assisted detox, treatment for co-occurring disorders, medication management, group and individual therapy, and aftercare planning. You can get a personalized treatment plan as part of an inpatient or outpatient program.6
While attending Cocaine Anonymous meetings is free of charge, treatment programs at rehab facilities typically require insurance coverage or private pay. To find out more about this and other therapeutic approaches to treatment, call a cocaine addiction treatment helpline, have a conversation with a compassionate admissions navigator, and verify whether your insurance covers the costs.
How Do I Find a Cocaine Anonymous Group Near Me?
Your first step toward finding a CA support group near you is to browse the location directory and call the Cocaine Anonymous helpline that can refer you to a meeting in Chicago, Las Vegas, Dallas, San Diego, NYC, or another city.3 You will learn more information about the time and location of the meetings so you’ll be able to join as soon as possible.
Frequently Asked Questions