Does Humana Health Insurance Cover Drug or Alcohol Rehab?
If you are struggling with a substance use disorder and are seeking help, one concern you are likely to have is how you will be able to pay for treatment, If you have Humana insurance, there are many treatment options available for drug rehab through your Humana plan.
What Is Humana Insurance & How Does It Work?
Humana is a popular company that insures around 20 million people in the United States.1 Humana is available in all 50 states.2 Humana also manages health insurance plans for military service members3 and provides Medicare coverage in many states.2 Most health insurance companies in the U.S. are required to cover mental health and substance use disorder treatment, so some form of drug rehab is covered by most Humana plans.4 To find out more about your drug rehab coverage under your Humana insurance plan, you can call the number on the back of your insurance card.
Humana Health Insurance Coverage for Substance Abuse Treatment
There are many types of substance use disorder treatments, and Humana may cover some or all of these services, depending on your plan specifics:5
- Inpatient treatment, which can include acute medically supervised treatment with many hours of counseling available each day.
- Residential rehab, where people live in a structured environment, with several hours of counseling provided each week.
- Intensive outpatient programs (IOPs), which allow people to go home each night and receive at least 9 hours of counseling and other programming during the week.
- Partial hospitalization programs (PHPs), which provide 20 or more hours of treatment each week.
Humana notes that treatment for substance use disorders can consist of:6
- Medication-assisted treatment.
- Inpatient treatment.
- Peer support.
- 12-step groups.
Does Humana Health Insurance Cover Inpatient Mental Health Care Facilities?
As noted earlier, most health insurance plans are required to offer mental health and substance use disorder coverage.4Around 38% of people who have a substance use disorder also have a mental health disorder.7 (how many) Unfortunately, only 9% of people with both types of disorders get treatment for both a substance use disorder and a behavioral health disorder.7(who gets) The best approach is to treat both simultaneously in an integrated model.8(points to remember section)
How Long Does Humana Health Insurance Cover Inpatient Rehab?
There are many types of Humana insurance plans, and the specifics of what is covered and how long rehab is covered for does vary from one plan to another. It is in your best interest to take advantage of a longer stay if it is covered. Studies have indicated that longer stays in treatment, particularly, those lasting at least 90 days, are associated with better outcomes.9 (#5)
If you want to know more about what coverage your Humana insurance plan offers, call the number on the back of your card, and discuss your treatment options with your Humana plan representative.
What if My Humana Health Insurance Policy Does Not Cover Alcohol & Drug Inpatient Rehab?
If you need Alcohol and Drug inpatient rehab and your treatment isn’t covered by Humana, there are still options to help you get treatment. Some rehab programs offer scholarships, while others have payment programs where you can make payments over time to cover the cost of treatment. You may also be able to borrow money from family, take out a loan, or use your credit card to pay for your heroin rehab treatment. Regardless of how you finance treatment, it is important to get treatment right away, rather than waiting until a later date. As Humana notes, the longer a person has a substance use disorder, the harder it becomes to treat, and that early treatment works best.10(fight doubts section)
Humana Health Insurance In-Network vs. Out-of-Network Rehab Centers
You may have heard the terms in-network and out-of-network and wondered what they mean. If a drug treatment program is in-network with Humana, this means that the rehab program has contracted with Humana to provide treatment at a contracted price, which is usually discounted from the standard price. If the drug rehab program you are interested in does not take Humana insurance, you will usually pay a higher out-of-network rate. You can check with Humana by calling the number on the back of your insurance card to see if a drug rehab program is in or out of network.
What Rehab Centers Accept Humana Insurance?
American Addiction Centers (AAC) has various rehab facilities around the country that provide drug and alcohol addiction treatment. If you have a Humana insurance plan, the following AAC facilities accept Humana for drug and alcohol addiction rehab.
- AdCare Rhode Island: With various facilities located in Rhode Island, AdCare provides innovative, quality, and cost-efficient addiction treatment. Its integrated system of care offers an inpatient treatment center in North Kingstown and a network of outpatient offices throughout Rhode Island. AdCare’s continuum of care includes detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, inpatient and outpatient services, and tele-health.
- Desert Hope Treatment Center: Located in Las Vegas, Nevada, Desert Hope provides individualized care programs as well as offering a full continuum of care including detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health.
- Greenhouse Treatment Center: Located in Grand Prairie, Texas, Greenhouse offers individualized treatment plans and many levels of care including detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and tele-health, all in a luxurious setting with high-end amenities.
- Laguna Treatment Hospital: Located in Orange County, California, Laguna is a chemical dependency recovery hospital that focuses on treating people who are medically compromised and need 24/7 oversight. Provided care includes detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment inpatient treatment, and intensive outpatient services.
- Oxford Treatment Center: Located in Etta, Mississippi, Oxford offers gender-specific rehab while offering an opportunity to connect with nature and try new activities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, inpatient and outpatient treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health, all with individualized treatment programs.
- Recovery First Treatment Center: Located in Hollywood, Florida, Recovery First treats substance use disorders by combining evidence-based therapeutic modalities with top-level care. Recovery First provides a personalized continuum of care including detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and telehealth.
- River Oaks Treatment Center: Located in Riverview, Florida, River Oaks treats substance use disorders through combining evidence-based therapies with world-class amenities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, behavioral disorder treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, outpatient services, and telehealth, all with individualized treatment programs.
- Sunrise House Treatment Center: Located in Lafayette Township, New Jersey, Sunrise House provides treatment for people suffering from substance abuse from a medical and holistic standpoint. With various evidence-based therapeutic interventions, personalized care is provided through detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, and outpatient services.
There are various treatment programs for individuals struggling with drug or alcohol addiction, so don’t give up if the first program you check out doesn’t meet your individual needs. There are rehabs near me that can provide the treatment you need. Check out the directory to find a list of facilities and programs. You can search by location and filter by Humana insurance.
How to Check Humana Health Insurance Rehab Coverage?
American Addiction Centers offers caring and compassionate treatment at multiple locations nationwide. Call American Addiction Centers today at our 24/7 helpline to speak to a treatment navigator who can check your benefits and verify your insurance coverage for you.