Assurant Health Insurance Coverage For Drug And Alcohol Rehab
Does Assurant Health insurance cover Alcohol and Drug Rehab?
Your Assurant Health insurance coverage helps pay for services that include behavioral health and substance use conditions.1(pg41) Assurant Health provides services and insurance to major medical entities that include Marketplace plans in 16 states, and it will provide individual medical plans in 41 states.2(top)
With an Assurant Health plan, members have access to a range of insurance options, plans, and places to seek treatment if struggling with a drug or alcohol addiction issue.
You can contact a nearby rehab center and speak to an admissions navigator about your Assurant Health insurance behavioral health coverage. They will check whether your benefits are in network with the facility while you wait. This gives you an immediate answer, so you can move forward with making a recovery plan. Also, you can try checking the back of your insurance card for more information or a phone number to call for specific plan details.
Check Assurant Health Insurance Coverage for Addiction Treatment
Assurant Health insurance rehab coverage is available in the right locations. In-network treatment facilities cover drug and alcohol addiction.
Contact American Addiction Center’s (AAC) helpline to obtain a quick and confidential verification of your insurance. An admissions navigator is ready to take your call at any time. They will connect you with a rehab facility near you that is in network with Assurant Health.
Additionally, you can fill out the form on this page for Assurant Health Insurance verification.
What is Assurant Health Insurance?
Assurant Health insurance plans have been around for 125 years.3 They have built a brand based on integrity and hard work, which has put them on the Fortune 500 list. 3 Their goal is to deliver a comprehensive healthcare package for its members. They bring health plans to the Marketplace in the following states:2
- New Hampshire
- South Carolina
Assurant Health Plans
With the Assurance Health plan option, there are 3 levels of insurance that include the blue, green, and orange tiers. Each tier has different coverages, deductibles, and premiums.1(pg19) Assurant Health also offers the following plans and services:1(pg2)
- Assurant Health and Welfare Plan
- Back-up Care
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Family-Friendly Benefits
You can find out if your plan is in-network with a rehab facility by easily verifying your Assurant Health insurance benefits with the AAC helpline.
What will Assurant Health insurance cover?
Assurant Health insurance rehabilitation coverage will pay for all or some of the costs for a range of substance abuse treatments. 1(pg41) It’s crucial to find out what treatment program is appropriate for your needs when entering an Assurant Health Insurance rehab. There are a variety of treatment levels to address patient needs where they are. Some of these program levels include:
- Inpatient/residential rehab program: This program is inpatient because you will be staying in the facility for the duration of your stay. Your stay can be short-term or long-term; there are programs for every type of situation. Some people find that staying in for a longer time provides them with the necessary tools for recovery and long-term success.4
- Partial hospitalization programs (PHP): During a partial hospitalization program, you’ll stay in the facility for most of the day and go home in the evening. This is ideal for people who have some responsibilities they need to deal with at home but still need quite a bit of supervision. During the treatment, you will have a strong support system as you continue in recovery.
- Intensive outpatient programs (IOP): With an IOP, you will be involved in therapy sessions on a regular basis. These sessions may involve several hours a day on most days of the week.4
- Outpatient rehab and therapy: By the time you enter an outpatient program, you will have already gone through detox and are ready to be more independent. The outpatient therapy gives you the added resources for relapse prevention.4
What types of substance does Assurant Health Insurance covers?
Assurant Health insurance for addiction treatment covers a range of different substances. However, if you are unsure whether your particular drug of use will be covered, you can always call the rehab center for insurance verification. Additionally, it’s helpful to ask the rehab if they have experience dealing with that type of substance.
Some rehab centers are specifically just for alcohol, and others are just for drugs. Most Assurant Health Insurance rehab centers will be able to treat any type of substance, drug, or alcohol.
Common substances that people may need to seek treatment for include:
- Cocaine or crack.
- Prescription painkillers.
Does Assurant Health Insurance Cover Mental Health Care Treatment Facilities?
Assurant Health insurance mental health coverage is an important feature of an insurance plan. Because of laws passed in the last several years, you don’t have to worry about whether mental health care is part of your overall plan with AmeriHealth insurance. Since the Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act (MHPAEA) of 2008, all insurers are now obligated to provide coverage for mental health and substance misuse.7
In addition, the Affordable Care Act (ACA) also mandates that insurance companies cannot turn away claims for substance abuse and/or mental health issues.8 Research shows that people often have co-occurring conditions that consist of substance misuse and a mental illness.9
The mental health disorder could be anything from an anxiety disorder, depressive disorder, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), or something else. 9 The main point to remember is that treating both conditions in tandem will be beneficial to you versus treating them separately. 9 Experts recommend a co-occurring disorder treatment plan. So, check for AmeriHealth rehab centers that offer this type of treatment. 9
How Long Does Assurant Health Insurance Cover Rehab?
The length of Assurant Health insurance drug rehab coverage will vary based on your policy and plan type. Some policies could have stipulations or limitations for the Assurant Health Insurance substance abuse treatment coverage. You can check your plan information by looking at the back of your card for more details.
However, before getting started, some people discuss how much rehab they need. For example, the coverage cost will be different if you are in rehab for 3 months as opposed to 6 months. Additionally, costs could vary if you are in an inpatient program instead of outpatient rehab. Whatever the case may be, experts recommend that you stay in a rehab facility for at least 3 months for adequate help.10
What if my Assurant Health policy does not cover rehab?
You may discover that Assurant Health Insurance coverage doesn’t take care of the rehab costs. In this case, you can contact the rehab facility to inquire about their financial aid programs. Many facilities offer scholarships, financial aid, and other payment plans for people with reduced ability to pay. You don’t need to delay seeking treatment. Move forward with your recovery plan and find help.
Assurant Health Insurance In Network vs. Out of Network Rehab Centers
An in-network Assurant Health Insurance drug treatment center is one that will work with your insurance to provide the best costs for the services needed. You can find Assurant Health Insurance drug detox treatment nationwide that is in network. You still may have some incidental costs, such as copays, coinsurance, and deductibles.
In-network facilities have negotiated the best rates with the insurance, so members get the benefit of free or lower-cost services. While you still may be able to go to an out-of-network rehab, you may need a referral and will pay more for the services.
- Assurant.(2022). Assurant Health and Welfare Plan 2022 summary plan description.
- Assurant.(2022). News release.
- Assurant.(2022). Our story.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2019). Treatment approaches for drug addiction DrugFacts.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2020). Treatment settings.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2020). Commonly used drugs charts.
- FindTreatment.gov. (n.d.). Paying for treatment.
- HealthCare.gov. (n.d.). What marketplace health insurance plans cover.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2018). Comorbidity: substance use disorders and other mental illnesses DrugFacts.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2020). Principles of effective treatment.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. (2020). National Survey of Substance Abuse Treatment Services (N-SSATS) state profile.
- Insurance Provider Name
- Policy Member's Full Name
- Policy Membership/Subscriber ID
Check your Assurant Health insurance rehab coverage
American Addiction Centers' locations
Guides for other health insurance providers
- 1199SEIU Funds
- APS Healthcare
- Aetna Insurance
- Ambetter Insurance
- American Family Insurance
- Amerigroup Insurance
- Amerihealth Insurance
- Anthem BlueCross California
- Anthem Insurance
- Assurant Health Insurance
- Beacon Health
- Behavioral Healthcare
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Shield of California
- Cigna Insurance
- Community Health Choice
- Cooks Children’s Health Plan
- Emblem Health
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Exclusive Care
- Federal Blue Cross Blue Shield
- First Care
- First Health
- Florida Blue (BCBS Florida)
- GEHA Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Harvard Pilgrim
- Health Net
- Health Plan of Nevada
- Horizon BCBS
- Humana Health Insurance