Rehab, Detox & Treatment Programs
- Access to licensed treatment centers
- Information on treatment plans
- Financial assistance options
Drug addiction is characterized by intense and, on occasions, uncontrollable drug cravings, alongside compulsive drug search and use that prevail even in the face of terrible consequences.1
Various brain circuits, including those involved in reward and motivation, learning and memory, and inhibitory regulation over actions, are impaired by addiction.1 That’s why seeking professional support and joining adequate rehab treatment programs is essential for users’ health and well-being.
What Rehab Treatment Programs Involve
According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA), addiction treatment studies have categorized services into various common modalities. Treatment approaches and rehab treatment curricula change and evolve, focusing on a patient as a whole and involving multiple essential components.2
A great number of programs involve medically managed detoxification and withdrawal as the first stage of treatment. However, detoxification alone does not resolve addiction-related psychological, social, and behavioral issues. Detox doesn’t typically bring lasting behavioral changes required for rehabilitation. A standardized assessment and referral to substance abuse care should follow detox along with personalized types of counseling and therapy.2
Benefits of Rehab Treatment Programs
Anyone who is dealing with substance dependency will benefit from rehabilitation treatment programs. Many with addiction realize how difficult it is to conquer it alone and the curative rehabilitation environment provides help to ensure a full recovery. 3
- Rehab provides customized recovery plans to assist patients in recognizing and addressing the root problems that contributed to their addiction. While the main priority of a rehab facility is to help patients overcome addiction, there are a lot of other benefits of rehab as well.
- The structure of treatment programs is one of the biggest advantages of going to a rehabilitation facility. Treatment plans employ regular activities and therapy sessions full of productive exercises to help keep patients stay involved in their treatment and minimize distractions.Between scheduled activities, breaks are made in order for patients to process what they learn. It is necessary not only to learn new coping skills but to exercise their application in a safe environment. Patients are permitted to socialize and relax regularly during daytime and evening breaks.
- The fact that patients will be in a healthy and compassionate atmosphere surrounded by individuals who understand what each other is going through is another big advantage of drug treatment and rehab. Peer support is a major element of recovery and is important to achieving long-term sobriety.
- One advantage that is unique to inpatient rehab is that patients have access to medical and psychiatric supervision around the clock seven days a week during their stay. In those with serious addictions, this can be highly important for avoiding relapse, since people in recovery are prone to a number of health conditions soon after stopping the use of the drug they were addicted to.During this time period, when their bodies begin to readjust to working without the drug, people will likely experience uncomfortable and potentially harmful withdrawal symptoms. Even after the initial symptoms of withdrawal have passed, stress on the body and mind can worsen.
- A significant number of people with a history of drug or alcohol abuse have poor self-care and discipline. Setting and meeting goals is a vital portion of self-care for a person in recovery. Many people have attempted to set goals on their own and struggle because they did not approach them with the right attitude or belief.The repeated cycle of wanting to change habits but falling short constantly eventually weakens the determination of an individual to the point that many avoid trying and slip back into their old self-destructive behaviors.
What Is Rehab Detox Treatment?
In order to handle the immediate and potentially harmful physiological effects of stopping drug use, detoxification is an essential part of treatment programs. Rehab detox treatment can be accompanied by unpleasant and potentially fatal results because of withdrawal. This is why detox entails the use of medication administered by a professional in an adequate, supervised setting.2
Medically assisted detox is just the first step of recovery for drug or alcohol addiction. While it can safely manage acute symptoms of withdrawal and can lay the groundwork for successful treatment of long-term dependency for some people, detox alone is rarely enough to sustain long-term abstinence. The subsequent therapy after detoxification should also be allowed to proceed.4
Why Undergo Detox Before Rehab Treatment
Medical detox, in addition to bringing comfort and safety, increases the likelihood of successful recovery. It improves a patient’s chance to resolve underlying conditions, both physical and emotional. 3
Medical detox can make inpatient recovery more successful because it enables users to detoxify their bodies from drugs. Additionally, prior to rehab, a customized therapy plan can be created. Detox will enable a person to rid themselves of substances and start their recovery, getting the maximum out of the treatment.5