Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan: Alcohol Rehabs & Detox Centers
Does Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan covers Alcohol rehab?
If you’re in Michigan and struggling with an alcohol misuse disorder, you’re not alone. In 2021, 26,712 people in Michigan sought treatment in a substance abuse facility for alcohol misuse.1(top) However, with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan Insurance substance abuse treatment coverage, you can find help in your time of crisis.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan insurance coverage offers behavioral and mental health benefits with your plan.2(top) The extent of those benefits may vary depending on the exact policy and plan you have. You can call the number on the back of your card to find out more information about your policy.
Additionally, you can contact one of the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan Insurance drug treatment providers and an admissions navigator will verify your insurance while you wait on the phone. The process is quick and easy, and you can have your answer right away.
What Does Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan Insurance Cover for Alcohol Treatment?
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan alcohol rehab nationwide has a range of treatment options that are part of the journey to sobriety. You will find that the various services can provide a continuum of treatment that takes you from substance misuse to recovery.
Your Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan mental health plan should cover some of these services, including:
Screening and Assessment. The screening and assessment phase is a critical one because it involves clinicians performing an evaluation to determine the best treatment plan for you. Be prepared to discuss your issues with a therapist or intake clinician, who will guide the way forward.3(what happens next)
Detox. Detox involves a combination of medication and therapeutic approaches. By using medication, you will be eased through the process of withdrawal. Detox is a good place to start for some people. 3(what happens next)
Inpatient or residential rehab treatment. With your Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan addiction treatment coverage, you can move forward to an inpatient treatment program. Inpatient treatment consists of around-the-clock care and services by trained professionals. You will stay in the facility overnight for an extended time with certified clinicians nearby. This type of treatment program is the most extensive. It takes you deeper into the impact of addiction. Also, you’ll take a closer look at how alcohol has affected others.3(types of)
Outpatient rehab treatment. An outpatient treatment program will provide you with therapy regularly. You will attend therapy with a certified therapist. The number of times you’ll meet for therapy depends on the treatment plan you and your therapist create together.3(types of)
Intensive outpatient program (IOP). With your Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan rehab coverage, you will participate in a more intensive outpatient program. You will attend therapy for several hours a week. 4(p10)
Behavioral therapies. Behavioral therapies are evidence-based therapies. It is essential to have therapy as one component of Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan insurance rehab.5(top)
Treatment for co-occurring disorders. When a mental health disorder accompanies a substance use disorder, it’s best to receive co-occurring disorder treatment. This type of treatment offers a therapeutic approach to address the conditions simultaneously. 3(types of)
What Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan does not cover for Alcohol Treatment?
Your Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan rehab coverage will take care of the services and treatment involved with recovery. Yet, there may be some services that are not covered by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan healthcare plans. These items include the following:
- Non-medical amenities
- Holistic care services
- Recreational rehab programs
- Food delivery or special food preparation
- Private treatment services or private rooms
- Alternative therapies
How Much Does Alcohol Rehab Cost?
Several contributing factors play a role in a Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan alcohol rehab program. Some of these factors include the following:
- What services are offered?
- How intense were the services?
- How long the treatment is?
- What amenities are available at the facility?
- Is the treatment center close to home?
Cost of Inpatient Alcohol Rehab
Receiving treatment at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan Inpatient drug rehab centers nationwide may cost more than other types of treatment because of the intensive nature of the treatment. There are clinicians on hand throughout your time at the substance abuse treatment center.
Cost of Outpatient Alcohol Rehab
The outpatient alcohol rehab treatment program will cost the least amount in most cases because you won’t be staying in a facility 24/7. You’ll be attending about once a week.
Cost of Alcohol Partial Hospitalization Programs (PHP)
A PHP consists of services at a substance abuse facility that lasts for much of the day. You will be comfortable in a hospital-like environment while you go through the rehab process. The treatment in a PHP can last for several hours, but you won’t stay overnight. During your time there, you participate in therapy with a clinician, so the cost should be similar to that of inpatient rehab.4(p10)
Cost of Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT)
The cost of a medication-assisted treatment (MAT) program can vary, depending on the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan drug coverage specifics. MAT includes medication and therapy to get the best results. The medication must be approved by the FDA and is proven to help people with alcohol use disorder.3(types)
Alcohol Rehab vs. the Cost of Alcohol Addiction
Selecting an alcohol rehab program may have financial expenses, there’s an even greater cost of not getting treatment. This includes:
- Spending countless amounts of money to buy alcohol.
- Losing your job or other sources of income.
- Experiencing a decline in health.
- Placing a strain on personal relationships.
What Length of Alcohol Rehab Does Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan Cover?
The length of Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan substance abuse coverage can vary depending on the policy tier levels. You can call the number on the back of your card to find out more details on your coverage. Additionally, you can contact one of the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan insurance rehabilitation centers for insurance verification.
Dealing with an alcohol use disorder requires adequate rehab support. Be sure that you work with a therapist to create a treatment plan.
Choosing between Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan Inpatient vs. Outpatient Alcohol
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan inpatient drug rehab nationwide is the best choice for treating an alcohol use disorder. If you’re trying to decide between inpatient and outpatient care, consider the following benefits of choosing inpatient alcohol treatment:
- Higher quality of care
- Treatment ecosystem
- Receive support from the others in the group
- Focused environment
- More accountability
How to Use Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan Insurance for Alcohol Rehab?
You can get started with a Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan substance abuse program by following these steps:
- Talk to your doctor about the issues you are having. They may be able to give you a referral.
- Search for Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan rehab centers near you.
- Verify your insurance coverage with the alcohol rehab facility.
- Develop a treatment plan with the therapist.
- Begin the admission process.
How to Find Alcohol Rehabs That Accept Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan Insurance
Find Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan addiction treatment nationwide by contacting American Addiction Centers (AAC). AAC is a top-quality substance abuse treatment provider with facilities across the U.S.
When you contact the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan helpline, an admissions navigator will verify your insurance coverage for you. Someone will assist you in finding a rehab facility near you. Get in touch with someone today and begin your journey to recovery.
Rehabs That Take Blue Cross Blue Shield Insurance
American Addiction Centers (AAC) has various rehab facilities around the country that provide drug and alcohol addiction treatment. If you have a Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance plan, the following AAC facilities accept Blue Cross Blue Shield for drug and alcohol addiction rehab.
- AdCare Rhode Island: With various facilities located in Rhode Island, AdCare provides innovative, quality, and cost-efficient addiction treatment. Its integrated system of care offers an inpatient treatment center in North Kingstown and a network of outpatient offices throughout Rhode Island. AdCare’s continuum of care includes detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, inpatient and outpatient services, and tele-health.
- Desert Hope Treatment Center: Located in Las Vegas, Nevada, Desert Hope provides individualized care programs as well as offering a full continuum of care including detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health.
- Greenhouse Treatment Center: Located in Grand Prairie, Texas, Greenhouse offers individualized treatment plans and many levels of care including detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and tele-health, all in a luxurious setting with high-end amenities.
- Laguna Treatment Hospital: Located in Orange County, California, Laguna is a chemical dependency recovery hospital that focuses on treating people who are medically compromised and need 24/7 oversight. Provided care includes detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment inpatient treatment, and intensive outpatient services.
- Oxford Treatment Center: Located in Etta, Mississippi, Oxford offers gender-specific rehab while offering an opportunity to connect with nature and try new activities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, inpatient and outpatient treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health, all with individualized treatment programs.
- Sunrise House Treatment Center: Located in Lafayette Township, New Jersey, Sunrise House provides treatment for people suffering from substance abuse from a medical and holistic standpoint. With various evidence-based therapeutic interventions, personalized care is provided through detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, and outpatient services.
There are various treatment programs for individuals struggling with drug or alcohol addiction, so don’t give up if the first program you check out doesn’t meet your individual needs. There are rehabs near me that can provide the treatment you need. Check out the directory to find a list of facilities and programs. You can search by location and filter by Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services. (2021). Quick statistics Michigan.
- MI Blues Perspectives. (2020). Does my health plan cover mental health and substance use disorder services?
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services. (n.d.). Types of treatment.
- Center for Substance Abuse Treatment, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. (2004). What is substance abuse treatment? A booklet for families. HHS Publication No. (SMA) 14-4126. Rockville, MD.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2019). Treatment approaches for drug addiction DrugFacts.
- Insurance Provider Name
- Policy Member's Full Name
- Policy Membership/Subscriber ID
Check your Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan rehab coverage
American Addiction Centers' locations
Guides for other health insurance providers
- 1199SEIU Funds
- APS Healthcare
- Aetna Insurance
- Ambetter Insurance
- American Family Insurance
- Amerigroup Insurance
- Amerihealth Insurance
- Anthem BlueCross California
- Anthem Insurance
- Assurant Health Insurance
- Beacon Health
- Behavioral Healthcare
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Shield of California
- Cigna Insurance
- Community Health Choice
- Cooks Children’s Health Plan
- Emblem Health
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Exclusive Care
- Federal Blue Cross Blue Shield
- First Care
- First Health
- Florida Blue (BCBS Florida)
- GEHA Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Harvard Pilgrim
- Health Net
- Health Plan of Nevada
- Horizon BCBS
- Humana Health Insurance