Blue Cross Blue Shield of Mississippi for Alcohol Detox & Rehab Centers
Does Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield of Mississippi covers Alcohol rehab?
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Mississippi coverage helps members struggling with an alcohol misuse disorder.1(mental health) Its healthcare plans give you access to a range of alcohol rehab services. 1(mental health) The extent of those rehab services varies depending on the exact plan and policy you have.
You can discuss your options for a Blue Cross Blue Shield of Mississippi alcohol rehab program with an admissions navigator when you call the rehab facility.
What Anthem alcohol Does Blue Cross Blue Shield of Mississippi Insurance Cover for Alcohol Treatment?
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Mississippi alcohol rehab nationwide offers a range of treatment services to assist individuals who are on the journey to sobriety. Your Blue Cross Blue Shield of Mississippi insurance coverage may cover all these services or part of them.
The following is a list of what these treatment services encompass:
Screening and intervention service: During a screening, clinicians are working to perform an intervention for you. This evaluation assists the therapist in creating a treatment plan for you moving forward.2
Detoxification treatment: A detoxification program consists of taking medication along with a comprehensive therapy program. You will participate in this program, usually as a starting point for Blue Cross Blue Shield of Mississippi insurance rehab.2
Inpatient program: At Blue Cross Blue Shield of Mississippi inpatient drug rehab centers nationwide, you’ll receive treatment all day and overnight. You will stay in the facility until the treatment program is concluded. This may last for weeks or months, depending on your needs. The setting for inpatient treatment is a residential facility with clinicians and therapists on hand.3(inpatient)
Outpatient treatment program: During an outpatient treatment program, you will meet with a therapist on a regular basis, usually weekly. 3(outpatient)
Behavioral therapies: Participating in evidence-based therapies is vital for substance abuse treatment. Cognitive-behavioral therapy is one of the common ones used in rehab.4(top)
Co-occurring disorder treatment: If you’re dealing with both mental health and substance abuse issues, you can seek treatment that addresses both problems. Co-occurring disorder treatment is the best way forward for those with these issues.4(co-occurring)
What is Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield of Mississippi?
Blue Cross Blue Shield provides healthcare solutions to people across all 50 states, D.C., and Puerto Rico. BCBS offers insurance to 1 in 3 Americans nationwide, including Mississippi.5(top)
There are a variety of policy tiers and plans that you can select from that will provide coverage for substance abuse issues. You can discuss what the plan covers by calling the number on the back of your insurance card.
What Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield of Mississippi does not cover for Alcohol Treatment?
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Mississippi addiction treatment does not cover every aspect of alcohol treatment. There are some things that won’t be included in the substance abuse coverage. These include the following:
- Recreational programs
- Alternative therapies
- Food delivery or special food
- Private treatment services or a private room
- Non-medical amenities
- Holistic care services
How Much Does Alcohol Rehab Cost?
There are various factors that may contribute to the cost of an alcohol treatment program. The most obvious one is the specifics of your insurance policy. In addition, the following factors can affect how much alcohol rehab may cost:
- What services are offered?
- How intense is the treatment program?
- What is the duration of treatment you receive?
- What amenities are offered at the rehab facility?
Cost of Inpatient Alcohol Rehab
The cost of Blue Cross Blue Shield of Mississippi inpatient drug rehab nationwide varies based on the policy or plan you have. Additionally, the factors mentioned above will be taken into consideration. However, you can count on inpatient alcohol rehab to have a higher price point due to the extensive services you receive.
Cost of Outpatient Alcohol Rehab
When you enter an outpatient alcohol rehab program, you will participate in therapy about once a week. This is the least intensive, so it will be the least costly, as well.
Cost of Alcohol Partial Hospitalization Programs (PHP)
The average cost of an alcohol PHP will depend on your insurance policy and other factors. Since a PHP is close to full-time experience in rehab, it can cost more than standard outpatient programs. At a PHP, you spend most of the day in treatment and return home at night.6(p10)
Cost of Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT)
You can expect a medication-assisted treatment program through any of the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Mississippi Insurance drug treatment providers to include medication and therapy. Medication must be dispensed by federally approved facilities and adhere to the guidelines provided by the FDA. 3(medications used) This may cost more due to the medications used. Some insurance policies may cover the medication, but some may not, or they may have a limit to it.
Alcohol Rehab vs. the Cost of Alcohol Addiction
Putting off the need for an alcohol rehab program because of the cost will bring about other costs that you may not have considered. It’s common to think about the immediate financial cost of going into a rehab treatment program without thinking about the long-term costs and consequences of continuing to use alcohol. Some of these costs include the following:
- The cost of purchasing the substance adds up over time.
- There is the cost of losing income when you’re late to work or have to miss work because of alcohol use.
- The cost of medical problems can be high.
- There may be a cost to your relationships.
You must remember that alcohol addiction can affect other parts of your life, too, such as your relationships. A loss of personal connections can be difficult to deal with.
What Length of Alcohol Rehab Does Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield of Mississippi Cover?
The length of time you may have covered in a Blue Cross Blue Shield of Mississippi substance abuse treatment facility depends on the policy level you have. There are various tiers and plans you may have that play a role in the length of time that will be covered.
Once you find out the length your Blue Cross Blue Shield of Mississippi rehab coverage allows you to have under your policy, you can move forward to create a treatment plan. Keep in mind that whatever your plan covers, you should obtain the length of time that is sure to provide you with the care you need.
Choosing between Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield of Mississippi Inpatient vs. Outpatient
Choosing the right Blue Cross Blue Shield of Mississippi insurance drug treatment program is vital for a good start in the recovery process. You may be wondering which treatment is best for you, inpatient or outpatient care. Here are several benefits why opting for inpatient alcohol treatment is a better choice:
- You get a higher quality of care.
- There is a strong treatment ecosystem.
- You have a solid support system.
- The environment is more focused.
- You have more accountability to stay sober.
How to Use Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield of Mississippi Insurance for Alcohol Rehab?
Using your Blue Cross Blue Shield of Mississippi drug coverage is simple. You can begin the journey by consulting a doctor about your issues. They may refer to Blue Cross Blue Shield of Mississippi rehab centers near you. If not, you can look for them yourself.
Once you find the appropriate Blue Cross Blue Shield of Mississippi insurance rehabilitation centers, discuss your insurance with the admissions navigator. They can verify your benefits to ensure that you have coverage.
Next, create a plan with the therapist that addresses your needs. Now, you’re ready to begin the admissions process at a Blue Cross Blue Shield of Mississippi Insurance drug treatment program.
How to Find Alcohol Rehabs That Accept Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield of Mississippi
Contact American Addiction Centers (AAC) for quick insurance verification. You can call the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Mississippi helpline for additional information about a rehab facility near you that specializes in alcohol rehab treatment. AAC has treatment providers nationwide, ensuring you can find the help you need.
Rehabs That Take Blue Cross Blue Shield Insurance
American Addiction Centers (AAC) has various rehab facilities around the country that provide drug and alcohol addiction treatment. If you have a Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance plan, the following AAC facilities accept Blue Cross Blue Shield for drug and alcohol addiction rehab.
- AdCare Rhode Island: With various facilities located in Rhode Island, AdCare provides innovative, quality, and cost-efficient addiction treatment. Its integrated system of care offers an inpatient treatment center in North Kingstown and a network of outpatient offices throughout Rhode Island. AdCare’s continuum of care includes detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, inpatient and outpatient services, and tele-health.
- Desert Hope Treatment Center: Located in Las Vegas, Nevada, Desert Hope provides individualized care programs as well as offering a full continuum of care including detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health.
- Greenhouse Treatment Center: Located in Grand Prairie, Texas, Greenhouse offers individualized treatment plans and many levels of care including detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and tele-health, all in a luxurious setting with high-end amenities.
- Laguna Treatment Hospital: Located in Orange County, California, Laguna is a chemical dependency recovery hospital that focuses on treating people who are medically compromised and need 24/7 oversight. Provided care includes detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment inpatient treatment, and intensive outpatient services.
- Oxford Treatment Center: Located in Etta, Mississippi, Oxford offers gender-specific rehab while offering an opportunity to connect with nature and try new activities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, inpatient and outpatient treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health, all with individualized treatment programs.
- Sunrise House Treatment Center: Located in Lafayette Township, New Jersey, Sunrise House provides treatment for people suffering from substance abuse from a medical and holistic standpoint. With various evidence-based therapeutic interventions, personalized care is provided through detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, and outpatient services.
There are various treatment programs for individuals struggling with drug or alcohol addiction, so don’t give up if the first program you check out doesn’t meet your individual needs. There are rehabs near me that can provide the treatment you need. Check out the directory to find a list of facilities and programs. You can search by location and filter by Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Mississippi. (2023). Blue health savings outline of benefits.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services. (n.d.). What happens next?
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services. (n.d.). Types of treatment.
- National Institute of Mental Health. (n.d.). Substance use and co-occurring mental disorders.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield. (2023). BCBS companies and licenses.
- Center for Substance Abuse Treatment, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. (2004). What is substance abuse treatment? A booklet for families. HHS Publication No. (SMA) 14-4126. Rockville, MD.
- Insurance Provider Name
- Policy Member's Full Name
- Policy Membership/Subscriber ID
Check your Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield of Mississippi rehab coverage
American Addiction Centers' locations
Guides for other health insurance providers
- 1199SEIU Funds
- APS Healthcare
- Aetna Insurance
- Ambetter Insurance
- American Family Insurance
- Amerigroup Insurance
- Amerihealth Insurance
- Anthem BlueCross California
- Anthem Insurance
- Assurant Health Insurance
- Beacon Health
- Behavioral Healthcare
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Shield of California
- Cigna Insurance
- Community Health Choice
- Cooks Children’s Health Plan
- Emblem Health
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Exclusive Care
- Federal Blue Cross Blue Shield
- First Care
- First Health
- Florida Blue (BCBS Florida)
- GEHA Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Harvard Pilgrim
- Health Net
- Health Plan of Nevada
- Horizon BCBS
- Humana Health Insurance