BCBS Ohio Insurance Coverage for Alcohol Detox & Rehab Centers in OHIO
Does Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield of Ohio covers Alcohol rehab?
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Ohio coverage nationwide provides care and services for substance abuse issues, including alcohol misuse.1Iwhole pg)
If you have an alcohol misuse disorder and are ready to take the first step in your recovery, you can access Blue Cross Blue Shield of Ohio Insurance substance abuse treatment coverage. Before beginning the admissions process, contact one of the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Ohio Insurance rehabilitation centers near you, and an admissions navigator will verify your insurance for you.
What Anthem Does Blue Cross Blue Shield of Ohio Insurance Cover for Alcohol Treatment?
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Ohio addiction treatment has various levels of care and services. Each level provides a different type of important treatment that may be necessary for comprehensive care.
Your Blue Cross Blue Shield of Ohio Insurance rehab may cover the costs of all or some of these treatments, which are as follows:
- Screening and Assessment: During screening and assessment, you will be evaluated for the substance abuse issues you are dealing with. A therapist will help create a treatment plan to assist you on your journey to recovery. 2
- Detox: During Blue Cross Blue Shield of Ohio Insurance detox treatment nationwide, you will receive help as you go through the withdrawal phase of your journey. Detox treatment involves using medication and therapy to assist in the difficulties with withdrawal.2
- Inpatient or residential rehab treatment: Blue Cross Blue Shield of Ohio inpatient drug rehab centers nationwide provides you with a full, immersive experience. This includes around-the-clock therapist support and care. The treatment takes place in a residential setting, with a comfortable room and bed. Clinicians will be there to give you therapy throughout your time spent there. During therapy, you’ll probe deeper into the causes of addiction. This can provide insight into how addiction has impacted you and others. Inpatient rehab programs have different time frames within which someone might complete the program. Some are weeks long, while others last for months.3(inpatient)
- Outpatient rehab treatment: At an outpatient rehab program, you will participate in regular therapy sessions with a certified therapist. Treatment may last for up to a year as a follow-up regimen after participating in other forms of treatment. Therapy sessions are often once a week. 3(outpatient)
- Intensive outpatient program (IOP): During IOP, you will take part in more intensive outpatient treatment. This rehab program includes participating in therapy throughout the week for several hours.4(p10)
- Partial hospitalization program (PHP): At a PHP, you will be participating in an intensive program, lasting much of the day. A PHP takes place in a hospital-like, therapeutic setting. Participants spend much of their time in the therapy program.4(p10)
- Behavioral therapies: Participating in evidence-based therapies is a vital part of all Blue Cross Blue Shield of Ohio alcohol rehab. Therapy helps you dig into the root causes of addiction and learn tools for coping with temptations.5(top)
- Treatment for co-occurring disorders: A mental health and substance use disorder may occur simultaneously. When this happens, it is referred to as a co-occurring disorder and benefits from dual diagnosis treatment.6(co-occurring) &7(top)
What is Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield of Ohio?
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Ohio Insurance provides health solutions for people in the area. Blue Cross Blue Shield has locations nationwide, with 3.4 million total members, 192 in-network hospitals, and 36,825 primary care physicians.8(mid)
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Ohio healthcare plans include the following tier levels:9(mid)
- Bronze tier level
- Silver tier level
- Gold tier level
You can contact the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Ohio helpline to find out more about what each of these levels will cover for alcohol rehab.
What Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield of Ohio does not cover for Alcohol Treatment?
You may not be able to have everything covered at a Blue Cross Blue Shield of Ohio nationwide drug rehab center. Some of the things that insurance typically does not cover include the following:
- Recreation programs
- Private treatment services
- Alternative therapies
- Food delivery
- Non-medical amenities
- Holistic care services
How Much Does Alcohol Rehab Cost?
The cost of Blue Cross Blue Shield of Ohio alcohol rehab nationwide can vary based on several factors. One determining factor is what insurance tier level you have. However, there are other contributing factors, such as:
- The type of services that are offered at the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Ohio substance abuse treatment facility.
- The intensity of services that you receive or what treatment program you participate in.
- How long you stay in treatment (duration of the program).
- What amenities are available.
Cost of Inpatient Alcohol Rehab
The average cost of inpatient alcohol rehab will vary based on the insurance amount. There also may be copayments and coinsurance fees. Since inpatient rehab is the most intensive—lasting for 24 hours a day—you can expect that it will cost the most.
Cost of Outpatient Alcohol Rehab
An outpatient alcohol treatment program, as discussed above, will be less time in rehab. You may meet with the therapist once a week. As a result, outpatient care should be the least cost for you. However, it’s often the program people participate in at the end of their journey. 3(outpatient)
Cost of Alcohol Partial Hospitalization Programs (PHP)
An alcohol PHP is more intense than many of the other types of rehabs with the exception of inpatient care. You are in a rehab facility for much of the day and return home at night. You can expect the cost to be more than outpatient rehab since you’re there less often but not as much as inpatient rehab.
Cost of Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT)
A medication-assisted treatment program consists of federally approved medication for alcohol abuse. These medications have been approved by the FDA and will help with the withdrawal phase. 3(medications) The cost of MAT may vary depending on whether you receive it on an inpatient or outpatient basis.
Alcohol Rehab vs. the Cost of Alcohol Addiction
Choosing Blue Cross Blue Shield of Ohio alcohol rehab is a better option than ignoring the problem. Even though there is a cost to any type of substance abuse treatment, there is a greater cost to not getting treatment. Some of the cost of not seeking alcohol treatment includes the following:
- You lose money by continuing to purchase alcohol.
- You lose money if you are too hungover to go to work the next day.
- You may lose your job if you are consistently late to work due to alcohol consumption.
- You may suffer a loss of your health and incur medical expenses.
- You may have a loss of quality of life due to medical and personal problems.
What Length of Alcohol Rehab Does Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield of Ohio Cover?
The length you are covered under a Blue Cross Blue Shield of Ohio addiction treatment nationwide depends on which policy you have. However, you can contact the rehab facility, and they’ll verify your benefits immediately.
No matter what type of policy you have, it’s essential to obtain the amount of alcohol rehab that is necessary for recovery. An admissions navigator will guide you through the process of admissions.
Choosing between Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield of Ohio Inpatient vs. Outpatient Alcohol Rehab Centers
Choosing inpatient alcohol rehab over outpatient treatment is an important first step. Inpatient care affords many more benefits for patients who are just starting their recovery journey. Some of these benefits include the following:
- Quality of care
- Treatment ecosystem
- Support group
- More focused environment
How to Use Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield of Ohio Insurance for Alcohol Rehab?
You can begin your journey to recovery to well-being by following these steps:
- Contact your doctor and discuss your substance misuse with them.
- Obtain any referrals if necessary.
- Find alcohol rehab centers near you.
- Determine which Blue Cross Blue Shield of Ohio rehab centers will accept your insurance.
- Create a treatment plan with the therapist.
- Begin the admissions process.
How to Find Alcohol Rehabs That Accept Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield of Ohio Insurance
You can contact American Addiction Centers (AAC) and get a quick verification of your insurance coverage. The admissions navigator will direct you to the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Ohio substance abuse providers in your area. Reach out to AAC today to find top-tier treatment centers, located across the United States. Begin our journey to a brighter future.
Rehabs That Take Blue Cross Blue Shield Insurance
American Addiction Centers (AAC) has various rehab facilities around the country that provide drug and alcohol addiction treatment. If you have a Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance plan, the following AAC facilities accept Blue Cross Blue Shield for drug and alcohol addiction rehab.
- AdCare Rhode Island: With various facilities located in Rhode Island, AdCare provides innovative, quality, and cost-efficient addiction treatment. Its integrated system of care offers an inpatient treatment center in North Kingstown and a network of outpatient offices throughout Rhode Island. AdCare’s continuum of care includes detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, inpatient and outpatient services, and tele-health.
- Desert Hope Treatment Center: Located in Las Vegas, Nevada, Desert Hope provides individualized care programs as well as offering a full continuum of care including detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health.
- Greenhouse Treatment Center: Located in Grand Prairie, Texas, Greenhouse offers individualized treatment plans and many levels of care including detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and tele-health, all in a luxurious setting with high-end amenities.
- Laguna Treatment Hospital: Located in Orange County, California, Laguna is a chemical dependency recovery hospital that focuses on treating people who are medically compromised and need 24/7 oversight. Provided care includes detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment inpatient treatment, and intensive outpatient services.
- Oxford Treatment Center: Located in Etta, Mississippi, Oxford offers gender-specific rehab while offering an opportunity to connect with nature and try new activities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, inpatient and outpatient treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health, all with individualized treatment programs.
- Sunrise House Treatment Center: Located in Lafayette Township, New Jersey, Sunrise House provides treatment for people suffering from substance abuse from a medical and holistic standpoint. With various evidence-based therapeutic interventions, personalized care is provided through detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, and outpatient services.
There are various treatment programs for individuals struggling with drug or alcohol addiction, so don’t give up if the first program you check out doesn’t meet your individual needs. There are rehabs near me that can provide the treatment you need. Check out the directory to find a list of facilities and programs. You can search by location and filter by Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance.
- Anthem.(2023). Behavioral health (mental health/substance abuse).
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services. (n.d.). What happens next?
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services. (n.d.). Types of treatment.
- Center for Substance Abuse Treatment, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. (2004). What is substance abuse treatment? A booklet for families. HHS Publication No. (SMA) 14-4126. Rockville, MD.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2019). Treatment approaches for drug addiction DrugFacts.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. (2021). Clinical issues in intensive outpatient treatment for substance use disorders.
- National Institute of Mental Health. (n.d.). Substance use and co-occurring mental disorders.
- BlueCross BlueShield. (2023). Improving health state-by-state for the health of America.
- Anthem.(2023). Individual & family health insurance plans in Ohio.
- Insurance Provider Name
- Policy Member's Full Name
- Policy Membership/Subscriber ID