Blue Cross Blue Shield of Rhode Island: Rehabs & Detox Centers in RI That Take BCBS
Does BCBS Of Rhode Island insurance cover Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers?
There’s a lot of stigma and shame that surrounds substance use, but in reality, it’s more common than most people think. In Rhode Island between 2017-2019, 22.7% of those over age 12 admitted to using marijuana in the past year, and 32,000 admitted to misusing prescription pain relievers.1, p. 25 and 28, second paragraph on each
If you’re struggling with substance use and have decided it’s time to break free, congratulations! You’ve made a courageous decision. The good news is that you don’t have to go it alone.
Getting treatment is the first step to a life free of substance use, and if you have Blue Cross Blue Shield of Rhode Island, your insurance can help you pay for some or all of the cost. The specific coverage varies based on the individual plan, so you’ll want to verify your insurance by calling the phone number on the back of your insurance card.
You can also check your Blue Cross Blue Shield Rhode Island coverage by contacting American Addiction Centers (AAC) by phone, online chat, or by using the verification form. You’ll get the information you need in just a few minutes.
You’re worthy of a life free of substance use. Take the first step today.
How to find BCBS Of Rhode Island covered Inpatient drug treatment centers in RI?
Finding the right treatment center is an important part of the recovery journey. You’ll want to work with your doctor to determine the best treatment plan for your needs. Then, you’ll need to connect to a treatment center that offers that approach and accepts BlueCross BlueShield RI.
AAC has a variety of centers around the country that can help you as well. When you call the AAC helpline, our admissions navigators can verify your insurance coverage while you’re on the phone, along with answering questions and helping you understand what to expect from rehab.
We’re here to help you take the next step to recovery, so don’t hesitate to reach out!
What is BCBS Of Rhode Island?
While many people think that Blue Cross Blue Shield is a single company, the truth is that BCBS is a network of independently owned and locally-operated insurers.2, top paragraph By working together, these companies are able to offer coverage to Americans in all 50 states along with D.C. and Puerto Rico.2, top paragraph
BCBS of RI began in 1939 as the Hospital Service Corporation of Rhode Island and by 1945 they offered hospital coverage for more than 50% of state residents.2, timeline They began to offer medical insurance in 1950 and became Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Rhode Island in 1982.2, timeline
Today, BCBS of RI has a vision to create a state of health and well-being across Rhode Island and improve its members’ health by facilitating access to high-quality, affordable health care.3, Vision, Mission
Does Blue Cross Blue Shield of Rhode Island cover addiction treatment therapies?
In the past, it may have been challenging to find a health insurance plan with significant coverage for substance use treatment. However, that’s no longer the case.
The Affordable Care Act (ACA) requires all long-term health insurance plans to offer at least some coverage for 10 essential health benefits, which include substance use and mental health.4, fifth bullet How much coverage? The law specifies that there must be parity between mental health and substance abuse benefits compared to medical benefits.5, Parity protections for mental health services
That means that a health plan cannot have more restrictions for substance use and mental health treatment than they do for medical coverage in terms of cost, length of coverage, and care management rules.5, Parity protections for mental health services
As a result, you can rely on Blue Cross Blue Shield of Rhode Island benefits to help you pay for the rehab treatment you need.
How Much Does BCBS Of Rhode Island Cover (Addiction Treatment)?
It’s important to work closely with your doctor to determine the right treatment plan for your needs. Your doctor will consider the substances you use, how long you’ve used them, what your support network is like, and more.
Some of the most common treatment options are:6,7
- Inpatient/Residental Rehab: Inpatient rehab is an effective way to overcome addiction by completely changing your daily environment. Treatment provides around-the-clock care and support as well as medication or therapy, which helps people form new habits outside their normal environment so they can become independent again.
- Outpatient rehab: Outpatient rehab is an excellent option for people who need treatment that allows them to continue to work or attend school. It’s important to have a strong support system at home. Outpatient rehab is also good after inpatient treatment when you’re ready to get back into daily life but still need support.
- Intensive Outpatient Programs (IOP): IOPs offer comprehensive care in the outpatient setting. You’ll have multiple group therapy sessions each week as well as individual counseling and access to other services such as medication management, case management, and education on life without substances.
- Partial Hospitalization Programs (PHP): PHP is a type of treatment that falls somewhere between outpatient and inpatient therapy. PHP’s main goal is to help patients resolve their problems through counseling during the day, five days a week, and allow them to go home at night. Group therapy, individual therapy, and other programs like recreation and skill-building are all common components of PHPs.
Getting the right treatment is the best way to transition successfully into a happier, healthier life free of substances.
Does Blue cross blue shield of Rhode Island provides coverage for mental health treatment facilities?
Similar to substance use, there are a lot of stigmas that surround mental health diagnoses. Unfortunately, these two struggles often happen together. Research shows that 50% of those with substance use issues also have a mental health diagnosis, such as depression, PTSD, ADHD, anxiety, and more.9, second paragraph
The good news is that integrated treatment that helps you with both mental health and substance use concerns is available. Integrated treatment is shown to have far better outcomes than treating only mental health or substance use alone.10, first paragraph
Will your Blue Cross Blue Shield Rhode Island mental health coverage help you afford treatment? Fortunately, it will—the 10 essential health benefits required in the ACA include both mental health and substance use treatment.5, fifth bullet
How Long Does BCBS Of Rhode Island Insurance Cover Alcohol and Drug Rehab programs?
The specific coverage offered by your health insurance plan will vary, so it’s important to contact the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Rhode Island phone number on the back of your insurance card or verify your insurance through AAC.
Your insurance will focus on the treatment that’s medically necessary for your needs, and studies show that a longer program is generally better. According to research, people need at least 90 days of treatment to make significant changes in their substance use habits.11, fifth point
Another important thing to learn from this research is that it’s important to completely finish your treatment program at the BCBS of Rhode Island rehab center you choose. You won’t get the full benefits unless you graduate from the entire program, which means you’ll be more likely to fall back into old habits.
What if my BCBS Of Rhode Island policy does not cover an Inpatient rehab program?
What can you do if you discover that your Blue Cross Blue Shield addiction treatment coverage doesn’t cover the full cost of your rehab? Or maybe you want to go to a rehab center that isn’t covered?
Don’t give up on your treatment goals. There are a lot of ways to pay for rehab. For example, some people are able to use savings or borrow money from family and friends. You’ll certainly be in a better position to pay them back when you’re no longer imprisoned by substance use!
Another option is to find out if the treatment center has scholarships or offers a payment plan. These alternatives make it possible to pursue the treatment you need even if your insurance won’t pay the full cost.
BCBS Of Rhode Island In Network vs. Out of Network Inpatient Rehab Centers
As you consider how to maximize your BCBS of RI coverage to pay for rehab, make sure you place a priority on choosing treatment centers that are within the Blue Cross Blue Shield network.
Insurance plans make an agreement with specific providers to treat members for a reduced price.12, What’s a provider network? Those providers then become part of the provider network.12, What’s a provider network?
As an insurance plan member, you pay less out-of-pocket when you choose in-network providers.12, Why do some plans cover… Many plans offer no coverage at all for out-of-network care, which leaves you with 100% of the bill.12, Why do some plans cover…
The good news is that BCBS has a very broad network of providers across the country, which gives you access to a variety of high-quality treatment centers.13, Personalized healthcare nationwide However, it’s still important to verify your insurance and talk to the treatment center to ensure they accept your specific plan.
Getting treatment helps you break free from the powerful pull of substance use. You’ll live a happier, healthier, and longer life as a result. It’s important to take action before substance use leads to long-term health or legal issues. Take the first step toward freedom today.
Rehabs That Take Blue Cross Blue Shield of Rhode Island Insurance
American Addiction Centers (AAC) has various rehab facilities around the country that provide drug and alcohol addiction treatment. If you have a Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance plan, the following AAC facilities accept Blue Cross Blue Shield for drug and alcohol addiction rehab.
- AdCare Rhode Island: With various facilities located in Rhode Island, AdCare provides innovative, quality, and cost-efficient addiction treatment. Its integrated system of care offers an inpatient treatment center in North Kingstown and a network of outpatient offices throughout Rhode Island. AdCare’s continuum of care includes detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, inpatient and outpatient services, and tele-health.
- Desert Hope Treatment Center: Located in Las Vegas, Nevada, Desert Hope provides individualized care programs as well as offering a full continuum of care including detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health.
- Greenhouse Treatment Center: Located in Grand Prairie, Texas, Greenhouse offers individualized treatment plans and many levels of care including detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and tele-health, all in a luxurious setting with high-end amenities.
- Laguna Treatment Hospital: Located in Orange County, California, Laguna is a chemical dependency recovery hospital that focuses on treating people who are medically compromised and need 24/7 oversight. Provided care includes detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment inpatient treatment, and intensive outpatient services.
- Oxford Treatment Center: Located in Etta, Mississippi, Oxford offers gender-specific rehab while offering an opportunity to connect with nature and try new activities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, inpatient and outpatient treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health, all with individualized treatment programs.
- Sunrise House Treatment Center: Located in Lafayette Township, New Jersey, Sunrise House provides treatment for people suffering from substance abuse from a medical and holistic standpoint. With various evidence-based therapeutic interventions, personalized care is provided through detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, and outpatient services.
There are various treatment programs for individuals struggling with drug or alcohol addiction, so don’t give up if the first program you check out doesn’t meet your individual needs. There are rehabs near me that can provide the treatment you need. Check out the directory to find a list of facilities and programs. You can search by location and filter by Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance.