Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee: Rehabs & Detox Centers in TN That Take BCBS
- Access to licensed treatment centers
- Information on treatment plans
- Financial assistance options
Does BCBS of Tennessee insurance cover Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers?
How many people does substance use affect? If you listen to the common stigmas, it’s fairly rare and isolated. However, the statistics tell a different story. Between 2017 and 2019, 13.3% of Tennessee residents over age 12 admitted to using marijuana in the last year, and over 193,000 admitted to misusing prescription pain pills in 2019.1, p. 25 and 28, second paragraph on each Clearly, this is not an isolated problem.
If you’re struggling with substance use, you might feel alone and helpless. The good news is that you can get the treatment you need to break free of substance use, and your Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee insurance can help.
The specific amount of coverage you’ll get for treatment will depend on your plan, so it’s important to verify your coverage. You can check your insurance by calling the phone number on the back of your insurance card or by connecting with American Addiction Centers (AAC) over the phone, through chat online, or by using our verification form.
You deserve the freedom to have a happy, healthy life free of substances. Getting the right treatment is the first step forward, and we’re here to help.
How to find BCBS Of Tennessee covered Inpatient drug treatment centers in TN?
How do you find a treatment center that works for you? You can look for a Tennessee drug rehab or find a BCBS of Tennessee rehab center in another part of the country. The key is to find a program that matches your needs and can give you the kind of treatment you need.
Your treatment program will be personalized to you based on your doctor’s recommendation. Your doctor will talk to you about the substances you use, your history with substance use, your home situation, and more to determine what type of rehab is best for your needs.
For example, if you struggle with alcohol use, there are alcohol treatment centers in Tennessee and other states that can help. Drug treatment centers in Tennessee and across the country can also help you address concerns with other drugs, including marijuana, opioids, heroin, and more.
AAC runs a variety of high-quality treatment centers, including the Oxford Treatment Center in Mississippi, that can help with a variety of needs. If you’d like to learn more, you can contact us at any time.
What is BCBS Of Tennessee?
Many people think of Blue Cross Blue Shield as a single company, but that’s not the case. The BCBS network is made up of 34 independently owned companies that are licensed by Blue Cross Blue Shield but are operated locally.2, first paragraph These 34 companies provide BCBS coverage to all 50 states, D.C., and Puerto Rico.2, first paragraph
In Tennessee, the BCBS company is called, simply, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee.2, table BCBS Tennessee was founded in 1945 and today serves 3.5 million members in the state, with a medical network that includes 29,000 providers.3, first paragraph and Our company graphic
Does Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee cover addiction treatment therapies?
Being able to use your health insurance for substance treatment was not always easy. Fortunately, the Affordable Care Act (ACA) has changed that. The ACA requires all long-term health insurance plans to cover specific essential benefits.4, bulleted list There are 10 required benefits, and one of them is coverage for mental health and substance use treatment.4, fifth bullet
That means you can be confident your insurance plan will cover at least some of the cost of the treatment you need to break free from substance use. The details and levels of coverage will depend on your specific plan, so be sure to verify your coverage before you commit to a treatment program.
How Much Does BCBS Of Tennessee Cover (Addiction Treatment)?
Like all medical treatment, getting coverage for rehab will depend on your needs and what’s medically necessary to help you recover. Your doctor can work with you to create a treatment plan that’s right for your needs.
Some of the most common rehab treatment options include:5,6
- Inpatient/Residential Rehab: Inpatient rehab is a treatment program that takes place in a residential facility. Patients live at the rehab center full-time while undergoing treatment, which can last anywhere from 30 to 90 days or more. Inpatient rehab offers a number of benefits, including around-the-clock care and support, access to therapists and psychiatrists, and a safe and secure environment.
- Outpatient rehab: Outpatient rehabilitation allows you to continue living at home and attending work or school while receiving treatment for your addiction. You receive less-intensive therapy and counseling so that you can create new mindsets and habits to live life without substance use.
- Intensive Outpatient Programs (IOP): IOPs offer a flexible yet structured program that allows people to continue to live at home while receiving treatment. IOPs typically meet several times a week for a few hours a day, and participants are expected to attend all sessions. Treatment usually includes individual and group therapy, as well as educational classes.
- Partial Hospitalization Programs (PHP): A partial hospitalization program (PHP) is a type of treatment program that provides intensive therapies and counseling during the day but allows patients to return home in the evening. PHPs typically offer a wide range of services, including individual and group therapy, psychiatric evaluation and medication management, case management, and skills training.
By attending and fully completing the right kind of treatment program for your needs, you give yourself the best opportunity for a healthy, substance-free lifestyle.
Does Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee provide coverage for mental health treatment facilities?
Mental health is another area with many stigmas, and patients often feel alone. If you struggle with a mental health diagnosis along with substance use, you certainly aren’t alone—in fact, 50% of those who misuse substances also have a mental health concern.7, second paragraph
Common mental health issues that occur with substance use include anxiety, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), depression, personality disorders, and more.7, second paragraph Fortunately, there are ways to get treatment for these co-occurring disorders.
The key is to get treatment that addresses both problems at once. Studies show that integrated treatment is much more effective than simply treating mental health or substance use alone.8, first paragraph
Can your Blue Cross Blue Shield of TN cover you for mental health treatment as well as substance use? Yes—mental health treatment is included in the 10 essential benefits each plan has to cover.4, fifth bullet
The specific amount that will be covered depends on your plan, so don’t hesitate to call the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee phone number on the back of your insurance card to get the details.
How Long Does BCBS Of Tennessee Insurance Cover Alcohol and Drug Rehab programs?
How long will you be in rehab? That depends on your needs, of course, but research shows that it’s important to stay for at least 90 days.9, 5th point That’s how long it takes to make a significant change or stop using substances.9, 5th point Unfortunately, many people leave their treatment plans before they finish, which means they have a higher chance of relapse or otherwise struggling with substances again.9, 5th point
However long your program is, commit to making it all the way through to graduation and then completing the aftercare process as well. That gives you the best opportunity to succeed and get to the life you’re dreaming of.
You’re worth the investment of time, effort, and emotional energy. You deserve better than a life of substance misuse. Choose to follow through!
What if my BCBS Of Tennessee policy does not cover an Inpatient rehab program?
You might find out, after researching BCBS of Tennessee rehabilitation centers, that your insurance plan doesn’t cover the total cost of treatment. Or, perhaps the treatment center you’re interested in isn’t covered by your Blue Cross Blue Shield Tennessee coverage.
Don’t let that stop you from getting the treatment you need and breaking free from substance use. There are many ways to pay for rehab treatment, even if your insurance doesn’t cover the full cost.
For example, you can find out if the treatment center offers scholarships or payment plans. You may also be able to use savings or borrow money from family members and friends. You’ll certainly be in a better position to pay them back when you’re substance-free, productive, and focused on your goals.
Misusing substances can lead to long-term health and legal problems, and you want to be sure you get free before it’s too late. By choosing a high-quality rehab and completing the program, you’re putting yourself on the path to a much better life.
BCBS Of Tennessee In-Network vs. Out of Network Inpatient Rehab Centers
As you look at your Blue Cross Blue Shield addiction treatment coverage and consider different treatment centers, you’ll want to check to see if each program is in-network with BCBS Tennessee. What does that mean? Every insurance plan has a network of providers who have agreed to treat insurance members at a lower fee.10, What’s a provider network? This allows the members to pay less money out-of-pocket when they choose those providers.11, Why do some plans cover…
What’s important to realize is that many insurance providers don’t offer any coverage outside the network, which means you’ll pay 100% of the costs if you choose a treatment center that’s not part of your BCBS of Tennessee plan.11, Why do some plans cover…
To keep your costs lower and maximize your insurance coverage, you’ll want to choose a treatment program that’s part of the BCBS of TN network. That’s why it’s so important to verify your insurance, which AAC can help with over the phone, through chat, or by using the verification form. In just a few minutes, our admissions navigators can let you know what to expect from your coverage and answer any questions you have about rehab.
Getting the substance use treatment you need is essential to help you avoid long-term legal and health problems. You deserve a brighter future. Take the first steps toward freedom by contacting us today!
Rehabs That Take Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee Insurance
American Addiction Centers (AAC) has various rehab facilities around the country that provide drug and alcohol addiction treatment. If you have a Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance plan, the following AAC facilities accept Blue Cross Blue Shield for drug and alcohol addiction rehab.
- AdCare Rhode Island: With various facilities located in Rhode Island, AdCare provides innovative, quality, and cost-efficient addiction treatment. Its integrated system of care offers an inpatient treatment center in North Kingstown and a network of outpatient offices throughout Rhode Island. AdCare’s continuum of care includes detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, inpatient and outpatient services, and tele-health.
- Desert Hope Treatment Center: Located in Las Vegas, Nevada, Desert Hope provides individualized care programs as well as offering a full continuum of care including detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health.
- Greenhouse Treatment Center: Located in Grand Prairie, Texas, Greenhouse offers individualized treatment plans and many levels of care including detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and tele-health, all in a luxurious setting with high-end amenities.
- Laguna Treatment Hospital: Located in Orange County, California, Laguna is a chemical dependency recovery hospital that focuses on treating people who are medically compromised and need 24/7 oversight. Provided care includes detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment inpatient treatment, and intensive outpatient services.
- Oxford Treatment Center: Located in Etta, Mississippi, Oxford offers gender-specific rehab while offering an opportunity to connect with nature and try new activities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, inpatient and outpatient treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health, all with individualized treatment programs.
- Sunrise House Treatment Center: Located in Lafayette Township, New Jersey, Sunrise House provides treatment for people suffering from substance abuse from a medical and holistic standpoint. With various evidence-based therapeutic interventions, personalized care is provided through detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, and outpatient services.
There are various treatment programs for individuals struggling with drug or alcohol addiction, so don’t give up if the first program you check out doesn’t meet your individual needs. There are rehabs near me that can provide the treatment you need. Check out the directory to find a list of facilities and programs. You can search by location and filter by Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance.