Kaiser Permanente Insurance Coverage for Opioid Addiction Treatment Centers Near Me
- Access to licensed treatment centers
- Information on treatment plans
- Financial assistance options
Does Kaiser Permanente Insurance Cover Opioid Rehab?
With any of the Kaiser Permanente healthcare plans, you can seek treatment at an opioid rehab facility.1 People struggling with opioid misuse may wonder what their options are for treatment. Kaiser Permanente addiction treatment offers access to a range of opioid treatment programs.1
What Does Kaiser Permanente Insurance Cover for Opioid Treatment?
You may have questions about what your Kaiser Permanente drug coverage will pay for when it comes to opioid treatment. There are various treatment levels that people participate in, depending on where they are in their recovery efforts.
Many people follow a continuum of treatment programs, moving from a higher level to a lower level as they gain strength, resources, and tools. Some of the services that may be included in your Kaiser Permanente Insurance screening drug treatment plan are:
- Screening and Assessment: An assessment program provides screening and assessment to determine the extent of the person’s substance misuse. The professional advisor will give the patient the necessary recommendations about what treatment is best for them.2
- Detox: A detox program consist of going through the withdrawal phase of whatever substance the person was taking. A medical professional will oversee the individual to ensure that they are getting through the withdrawal safely. A physician is on hand to provide any necessary medication or monitoring.3
- Inpatient or residential rehab treatment: With an inpatient program, patients will be under very close supervision that takes place in a residential setting. Patients stay overnight for sometimes up to 12 months or as little as 30 days, depending on their needs. A Kaiser Permanente Inpatient drug rehab nationwide provides therapeutic support and tools for long-term recovery.4(long)
- Outpatient rehab treatment: During an outpatient treatment program, patients participate in weekly therapy.5(outpatient)
- Intensive outpatient program (IOP): An IOP is a form of outpatient rehab that is more intense and gives patients a higher level of services. Patients will attend several days a week for many hours a week.6
- Partial hospitalization program (PHP): A PHP program is a more intense form of rehab in which patients stay in a hospital-like setting. The main difference is they will not stay overnight.7
- Behavioral therapies: When going to a rehab treatment program, patients participate in a therapy program. These therapies include behavioral therapy, as well as others.8
- Treatment for co-occurring disorders: Kaiser Permanente opioid rehab provides coverage for a co-occurring disorder diagnosis. A co-occurring disorder involves substance use and mental health disorder co-existing together. It’s best to treat the conditions together.9
Kaiser Permanente coverage nationwide has plans to fit every situation and lifestyle. These include:10
- Individuals and families.
- Employee plans.
- Medicaid-Medi-Cal plans.
- Medicare plans.
What Kaiser Permanente Insurance Does Not Cover for Opioid Treatment
You will have plenty of options in your Kaiser Permanente rehab coverage. When you go into treatment, medical professionals will give you the care and support to get through whatever part of the journey you are on. Some aspects of treatment won’t be covered by Kaiser Permanente Insurance rehab. These include:
- Non-medical amenities.
- Holistic care services.
- Recreation programs.
- Food delivery.
- Private treatment services.
- Alternative therapies.
What Is Kaiser Permanente Insurance?
Kaiser Permanente began in 1945 and has developed into a leading health care provider.11 Kaiser serves approximately 12.6 million members in 8 states and the District of Columbia.11
With a mission to deliver quality care at rates people can afford, Kaiser Permanente forges ahead in the health insurance space.11
How Much Does Opioid Rehab Cost?
Kaiser Permanente inpatient drug rehab centers nationwide will vary in how much they charge for treatment. Furthermore, the amount you must pay out-of-pocket after insurance will vary depending on the policy specifics. Other factors play a part, too, such as:
- The type of services that are offered.
- How long you stay in rehab.
- The level of services you receive.
- Whether there are amenities or not.
Cost of Inpatient Opioid Rehab
Kaiser Permanente substance abuse coverage for inpatient care will be a higher tier of coverage than the other levels of care. That means there will be more staff and services associated with this type of treatment and more costs. The exact cost for you will depend on your specific policy. You can check with an admissions navigator for details.
Cost of Outpatient Opioid Rehab
Since outpatient rehab through one of the Kaiser Permanente insurance rehabilitation centers usually occurs just once a week (for standard outpatient therapy), there won’t be as much cost. It may be covered by insurance.
Cost of Opioid Partial Hospitalization Programs (PHP)
A PHP is a step below an inpatient program, so you can expect the cost to be similar. Though, since you won’t be staying overnight and taking up bed space, the cost will likely be less.
Cost of Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT)
A medication-assisted treatment program must be dispensed through an approved facility.12 This approval is through the federal government, and the patient receives special medication to help with addiction. This may be on an outpatient or inpatient basis.12
Opioid Rehab vs. the Cost of Opioid Addiction
Some people may delay dealing with their opioid addiction due to the cost of rehab. However, there are several costs that are associated with addiction too. Some of these costs are financial, and some are physical. When determining if you should pay for an opioid addiction program, take time to consider all the costs of having an addiction. Some of these costs are:
- The price of opioids.
- The loss of income due to being out of work or losing a job to addiction.
- The cost of health problems due to opioid misuse.
What Length of Opioid Rehab Does Kaiser Permanente Insurance Cover?
The length of your Kaiser Permanente insurance coverage for opioid treatment varies and depends on several factors. You can check your policy specifics on the back of your card. Keep in mind that most professionals recommend staying in an inpatient program for 3 months minimum for best results.13
Choosing between Kaiser Permanente Insurance Inpatient vs. Outpatient Opioid Rehab Centers
When deciding what type of program to participate in at a Kaiser Permanente substance abuse treatment facility, it’s helpful to know if either has added benefits over the other one. Inpatient Kaiser Permanente Insurance drug treatment programs are superior to outpatient programs for the following reasons:
- They have a higher quality of care.
- Patients have a support group.
- You get a more focused environment.
- There is a treatment ecosystem.
- Patients are held to a high standard of accountability.
How to Use Kaiser Permanente Insurance for Opioid Rehab?
Follow this easy process to get started on your journey with Kaiser Permanente substance abuse provider:
- Talk to a doctor about your situation and ask for a referral.
- Finding Kaiser Permanente rehab centers.
- Find out if the Kaiser Permanente Southern Nationwide drug rehab is in-network.
- Work with a rehab center to determine coverage.
Kaiser Permanente Insurance For Opioid Rehab Centers
American Addiction Centers (AAC) has various rehab facilities around the country that provide drug and alcohol addiction treatment. If you have a Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance plan, the following AAC facility accepts Kaiser Insurance for drug and alcohol addiction rehab.
- Laguna Treatment Hospital: Located in Orange County, California, Laguna is a chemical dependency recovery hospital that focuses on treating people who are medically compromised and need 24/7 oversight. Provided care includes detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment inpatient treatment, and intensive outpatient services.
There are various treatment programs for individuals struggling with drug or alcohol addiction, so don’t give up if the first program you check out doesn’t meet your individual needs. There are rehabs near me that can provide the treatment you need. Check out the directory to find a list of facilities and programs. You can search by location and filter by Kaiser insurance.
How to Find Opioid Rehabs That Accept Kaiser Permanente Insurance
Getting started can often be the most challenging part of getting sober. Sometimes just having a third party assist you with finding a Kaiser Permanente drug rehab CA can make the process easier. American Addiction Centers is here for that reason. They will work with you to quickly verify your insurance coverage right over the phone while you wait, and they can help you find leading facilities in your area.
You can contact the Kaiser Permanente helpline and speak to someone about quality treatment facilities near you.