United Healthcare Insurance For Cocaine Abuse and Addiction Treatment Near Me
- Access to licensed treatment centers
- Information on treatment plans
- Financial assistance options
Does United Healthcare (UHC) Cover Cocaine Rehab?
If you are dealing with a cocaine use disorder, the first step to recovery is beginning a treatment program.1 With one of the United Healthcare (UHC) healthcare plans, you can begin the journey to cocaine rehab.
UHC addiction treatment Nationwide works with over 1.3 million physicians and 6,500 hospitals and other care facilities to provide all types of medical, mental, and substance misuse healthcare services.2 When dealing with a substance misuse condition, you can access your UHC rehab coverage.
What Does United Healthcare (UHC) Insurance Cover for Cocaine Treatment?
If you have UHC insurance substance abuse treatment coverage, you can use it to seek treatment for cocaine or any other substance misuse. Treatment centers may vary on what type of substances they specialize in treating, but with your UHC rehab coverage, you can move forward to find a facility that treats cocaine addiction.
There are various levels of treatment and care you can receive from a UHC substance abuse treatment facility, which will be based on your needs. You may begin with a closely supervised program and progress to an outpatient therapy program. Your UHC addiction treatment plan may cover some of the following types of services:
Screening and Assessment: Screening and assessment tools are used to help providers determine the substance misuse issue the person has and what type of treatment would be best.3
Detox: A detox program is a medically supervised treatment that gives the person assistance through medicine to get through withdrawals during rehab.3
Inpatient or residential rehab treatment: An inpatient treatment involves a person staying in a monitored, residential setting. Medical professionals will be on hand to ensure the patient is going through the withdrawal safely. Some patients stay in the program for up to 12 months but may stay only 3 months.4(long)
Outpatient rehab treatment: During outpatient treatment, a person attends therapy weekly regularly. Usually, sessions are once a week for approximately 1 hour. An outpatient treatment program is beneficial for someone who has already gone through inpatient treatment and needs assistance with relapse prevention.5(outpatient)
Intensive outpatient program (IOP): An IOP is more intense than traditional outpatient treatment. Patients attend more frequently and for longer periods.6
Partial hospitalization program (PHP): a PHP provides patients with treatment like inpatient care. There are medical caretakers available for patients as they participate in sessions throughout the week.7
Behavioral therapies: Behavioral therapies are helpful for the treatment of cocaine use. Cognitive-behavioral therapy is a commonly used one.8
Treatment for co-occurring disorders: If you have a co-occurring disorder, you can receive behavioral therapy and mental healthcare to treat both conditions together.9
What United Healthcare (UHC) Does Not Cover for Cocaine Treatment?
While your UHC cocaine rehab nationwide will cover addiction treatment services, not everything is paid for by insurance. Some of the extra features and perks that may not be covered by UHC insurance coverage include:
- Non-medical amenities.
- Holistic care services.
- Recreational programs.
- Food delivery.
- Private treatment services.
- Alternative therapies.
Talk to an admissions navigator at one of the UHC insurance rehabilitation centers for further information on your policy.
How Much Does Cocaine Rehab Cost?
The cost of UHC cocaine rehab depends on various factors. Every policy has its own co-pays, deductibles, and other costs. The cost of cocaine rehab also relies on other factors, which may include:
- What is your length of stay at the rehab facility?
- Are you participating in an inpatient or outpatient program?
- What policy and tier level of insurance do you have?
- What rehab facility are you going to for treatment?
- Is the facility in-network with UHC?
- Are there extra amenities at the facility you’re going to that have added cost?
You can check with UHC insurance drug treatment providers for verification of benefits. If your policy doesn’t cover the extent of care you need, ask about scholarship opportunities or other financial options. You can find a way to get the treatment you need. Don’t put off your health and well-being.
Cost of Inpatient Cocaine Rehab
UHC inpatient drug rehab centers nationwide will have varying costs. The factors discussed above will drive the amount you will need to pay out of pocket. Keep in mind that inpatient residential treatment is the highest level of care.4 So, the cost will reflect that.
Cost of Outpatient Cocaine Rehab
If you participate in outpatient cocaine treatment, the intensity level and time spent in care are less than in an inpatient program.5(outpatient) You can expect the costs to follow the amount of treatment you receive. Most people go into outpatient treatment for relapse prevention and may not start at this level. So, you can expect to be in treatment for fewer days and hours a week.5(outpatient)This should minimize the cost of services.5(outpatient)
Cost of Cocaine Partial Hospitalization Programs (PHP)
Since a partial hospitalization program is quite intense, you might see costs close to what you would in inpatient treatment. During PHP, you will go home at night, but are there a good part of the day.7
Cost of Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT)
In some instances, people benefit from a medication-assisted treatment program. These programs dispense an FDA-approved medication.10 The medicine is specifically targeted to help people overcome addiction to a substance.10
Cocaine Rehab vs. the Cost of Cocaine Addiction
When weighing the pros and cons of seeking a UHC insurance drug treatment program, it’s helpful to weigh the costs of rehab vs. the cost of cocaine addiction. Both have costs associated with them. As discussed, cocaine rehab will have a cost that varies depending on the type of treatment you receive, what your co-payment is, and what deductible cost you have. However, cocaine addiction has a cost, too. It will cost people in the following ways:
- Financial cost of purchasing the drug
- The loss of income while you are absent using drugs or from getting fired over substance misuse
- The medical cost that you may get because you develop health problems from cocaine use
- The emotional cost of the highs and lows of using a substance
- You may suffer the loss of friendships or loved ones who don’t want to be involved during this time
What Length of Cocaine Rehab Does United Healthcare (UHC) Cover?
Your specific policy determines how long you can receive treatment before you need to self-pay. So, you should consult with an admissions navigator to find out the specifics. However, keep in mind that professionals recommend that you participate in a cocaine treatment program for at least 3 months.11
Choosing Between United Healthcare (UHC) Inpatient vs. Outpatient Cocaine Rehab Centers
Deciding between inpatient cocaine rehab vs. outpatient care is an important decision. You want to ensure you start your recovery out right by beginning at a higher level of care and eventually transitioning to preventative care. Beginning with an inpatient residential treatment program will offer you the following benefits:
- High quality of care and personalized treatment plan
- Close-knit support group
- Focused environment that targets your unique needs
- Monitored environment 24/7
How to Use United Healthcare (UHC) Insurance for Cocaine Rehab
You can begin the process of cocaine rehab treatment by following these steps:
- Discuss your cocaine misuse issue with your primary care physician (PCP) and ask for referrals to a cocaine use treatment center. If you don’t have a PCP, you can skip this step and go to the next, or you can investigate getting a regular doctor.
- Check out the referrals or look online for a UHC substance abuse provider.
- Call the rehab and verify your insurance benefits and determine if they are in-network with UHC.
- Ask UHC or the rehab facility what type of services and treatment you can obtain with your coverage.
What Cocaine Rehab Centers Accept United Healthcare Insurance?
American Addiction Centers (AAC) has various inpatient and outpatient rehab centers located around the country that provides drug and alcohol addiction treatment. If you have a United Healthcare insurance plan, the following AAC facilities accept United Healthcare insurance for drug and alcohol addiction rehab.
- AdCare Rhode Island: With various facilities located in Rhode Island, AdCare provides innovative, quality, and cost-efficient addiction treatment. Its integrated system of care offers an inpatient treatment center in North Kingstown and a network of outpatient offices throughout Rhode Island. AdCare’s continuum of care includes detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, inpatient and outpatient services, and tele-health.
- Recovery First Treatment Center: Located in Hollywood, Florida, Recovery First treats substance use disorders by combining evidence-based therapeutic modalities with top-level care. Recovery First provides a personalized continuum of care including detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and telehealth.
- Sunrise House Treatment Center: Located in Lafayette Township, New Jersey, Sunrise House provides treatment for people suffering from substance abuse from a medical and holistic standpoint. With various evidence-based therapeutic interventions, personalized care is provided through detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, and outpatient services.
In-network rehab facilities are approved or have a contract with the UHC insurance to offer services at a set price. This means that your out-of-pocket expenses will typically be lower than if you choose an out-of-network rehab center. In some cases, you may even be responsible for the full cost of substance abuse rehab if you choose an out-of-network facility.
Whenever possible, try to choose a treatment facility that is in-network with United Healthcare Group. If you are unable to find an in-network provider or prefer a rehabilitation facility that is out-of-network, you may be able to work out a payment plan with the center so you can pay back the cost of treatment over time.
How to Find Cocaine Rehabs That Accept United Healthcare (UHC) Insurance
Contact American Addiction Centers (AAC) for a seamless way to verify your insurance coverage. You can discuss treatment options for UHC substance abuse coverage when you talk to an admissions navigator. AAC has top-rated facilities and programs for cocaine rehab throughout the country. Call the UHC helpline for details.