Best Drug And Alcohol Rehab Centers In Arkansas Near me
Arkansas Alcohol and Drug Addiction Treatment Rehab Centers
Alcohol and drug addiction are one of the greatest demographic and economic problems that are hitting the state of Arkansas. According to the numbers provided by the CDC, the US spent 2.05$ and 807$ in 2010 on addressing excessive alcohol consumption, per drink and per capita respectively. The state spent 2.27$ per drink and 711$ per capita, or more than 2 billion dollars during the same period.1
The same agency reported that Arkansas was the one of the states with the highest opioid prescriptions rate in the nation, trailing only Alabama, with almost 3 times as many opioids prescribed as Hawaii or New York. If we take a look at CDC’s drug mortality figures, there were 546 overdose deaths in this state in 2020, or some 19.1 for every 100,000 Arkansans, which is better than the national average but still almost twice as many as in South Dakota, for instance.2,3
Substance use disorder (SUD) takes a heavy toll on the communities through overdosing and wrecked families, costs to health care, law enforcement and justice systems, economic costs of missed income and loss of productivity, as well as costs that are borne by the addicts themselves, such as addiction-related crime and spiraling costs of maintaining addiction itself.4
One of the more positive trends is the fact that the number of rehab centers in Arkansas has risen sharply in the last decade. The number of available facilities almost tripled, from 61 facilities that were reported in 2011 to 171 which were operational in 2020. Unfortunately the number of people in treatment has not followed in the same footsteps, rising from 3,401 in 2011 to 7,640 in 2019, which shows that more has to be done to raise the awareness of quality treatment that is on offer.5
What Are The Different Alcohol And Drug Rehab Programs Offered In Arkansas?
Individuals who battle SUDs have an option to choose the type of treatment that will best meet their specific needs. There are numerous proven treatment approaches to addiction rehab that are designed to tackle different issues and meet different needs. Some people might solve their problems with one treatment while others might need a combination of different approaches.6
Individuals with a severe form of SUD may need to submit to an inpatient treatment program that is also called a residential program since patients stay inside the facility for the duration of treatment. Sometimes residential treatment centers can differ from inpatient ones because they are delivered in settings other than a hospital.7
The shortest inpatient program lasts about 4 weeks. But there is a consensus that the longer you stay in treatment, the better chances you have of staying clear of dangerous substances later on. For this reason 60 day programs might be optimal for most people. Of course, there are long term programs that last for months for patients that have serious, often co-occurring issues.4
Inpatient alcohol and drug rehab is an intensive form of recovery that delivers a 24-hour-a-day service to patients who are unable to function in everyday environments and need extra medical and nursing care. Some of them have tried other forms of treatment without success before deciding to enter into a nearby inpatient drug and alcohol rehab center.7
Inpatient rehab centers provide a highly structured form of treatment that aims to change an individual’s lifestyle and habits so they can remain sober after leaving the rehab facility. Once the patients are deemed stable and ready for the next step, they can continue on their road to long-term sobriety by submitting into a residential or an outpatient program as a follow-up secondary care.8
If people are unable to commit to inpatient rehab due to their personal, financial, or employment situation, there is an option of outpatient alcohol and drug rehab. Outpatient programs tend to be less costly since patients sleep in their homes and won’t have to pay the costs of staying inside a facility. Outpatient rehab can include individual and group counseling, motivational enhancement, educational groups, psychotherapy, and medication-assisted treatment (MAT).8
Outpatient treatment programs are a good choice for those who have enough desire and willpower to maintain regular attendance and don’t suffer from motivational problems. It’s also a good alternative for people who can’t leave their work or studies behind due to appointments they have to keep. People with a stable home situation and strong familial support could also benefit from outpatient approach.9
Outpatient programs are very adjustable in terms of intensity. Intensive outpatient programs (IOP) are structured to have at least 9 hours of sessions per week inside an outpatient alcohol and drug rehab center. There are also programs for severe cases called partial hospitalization programs (PHP) that are similar to inpatient rehab with daily sessions which can last for 6 or more hours.9
Dual Diagnosis Treatment For Mental Health And Alcohol And Drug Addiction
When a person suffers from both mental health challenges and drug and alcohol addiction issues they are diagnosed with co-occurring disorder (COD). Co-occurring disorder is also called dual diagnosis to indicate the presence and overlapping of these two issues. Dual diagnosis is common among severe users and it’s estimated that 1 in 2 people with long-term addiction suffered from it during the course of their lives.10
People with dual diagnosis are especially vulnerable because the overlapping of their mental health issues and substance use tends to influence and in most cases exacerbate one another. It’s often hard to deduce which of these issues appeared first since they share many common risk factors. People with anxiety, depression, PTSD, or ADHD often self-medicate by turning to alcohol and drugs in order to cope with their ailments.10
For this reason, things can spiral out of hand pretty quickly so individuals with dual diagnosis should seek treatment as soon as possible. American Addiction Centers (AAC) offers proven rehab programs that are designed to meet the specific needs of people with COD. Call one of their COD related hotlines and let their admissions team inform you about the damaging combination of addiction and depression, anxiety, or PTSD.10
What To Expect In An Alcohol And Drug Rehab In Arkansas?
Individuals with mental health conditions and substance addiction should first see a qualified doctor to look into their situation and provide them with suitable treatment recommendation and a referral. Once the patient enters into alcohol and drug treatment in an Arkansas rehab center they will be subjected to an intake screening and risk assessment process.11
Intake assessment is an important step that takes place during the first contact with the patient in order to identify a potential emergency and develop a clearer picture of their specific needs. High risk cases may require an immediate response within the first 24 hours in order to deal with urgent issues. Routine cases will be evaluated and provided with an appropriate service within a 10 days period, while rare cases might require a comprehensive evaluation that could last for up to 60 days.11
If you are packing for alcohol and drug treatment that is located in or near Arkansas, keep in mind that every facility has its specific rules, regulations, and protocols so it’s advisable to phone them first and enquire about these specifics. Your packing list could also be influenced by different treatment approaches (for instance, those that favor plenty of outdoor activities) and presence of certain amenities (like pools and saunas).
Basic packing list for Arkansas rehabilitation center usually consists of:
- A credit or debit card which will be used to cover the costs of treatment.
- Small amount of cash money for vending machines and similar expenditures.
- Basic hygiene items like toothbrush and toothpaste, shower gels and shaving kit.
- Makeup and jewelry should be basic and kept to a minimum.
- Pictures and telephones of your loved ones to keep in your room.
- Everyday clothes including socks, underwear, pajamas, shirts, and pants.
- Bathrobe and flip-flops for shower, and a bathing suit if there is a pool.
- Warmer clothes for outdoor activities if they are part of the treatment.
- Comfortable everyday footwear for indoors and maybe a pair for colder weather.
- A formal outfit for noteworthy occasions.
Things you should definitely leave at home include:
- Drugs, alcohol, tobacco, and related paraphernalia.
- Pornographic or similarly inappropriate magazines.
- Provocative clothing choices.
- Knives, scissors, and other pointy or sharp objects.
- Board games, cards, and game consoles.
- Radios, stereos, and other electronic devices.
Where To Find The Best Alcohol And Drug Rehab Treatment Centers In Arkansas?
The number of people enrolled in alcohol and drug use treatment in Arkansas was falling for three years from 7,154 in 2015 to 6,089 in 2018, before registering a sharp rise to 7,640 in 2019. This positive development was slashed by 40% to 4,464 patients admitted for treatment in 2020 in all probability as a result of a devastating coronavirus pandemic.12
For the 3 year period between 2008 and 2010 some 43% of people with any mental illness received treatment, while for the period 2017-2019 that number climbed to 50,4%. Even though these are positive developments, more needs to be done to inform people of the quality treatments that are available. This is best illustrated by the fact that medication-assisted treatment (MAT) hovers around the 1,000 mark for years even though there are ample evidence of MAT’s efficacy.12
There were 171 addiction treatment facilities in Arkansas in 2020 which can be broken down by type of care offered:5
- 158 that offer various types of outpatient programs.
- 12 that provide hospital inpatient rehabilitation.
- 25 residential (non-hospital) rehab centers.
These 171 rehab facilities could also be classified by the type of payment accepted in the following way:5
- 151 that accept cash or self-payment.
- 143 that deal with private health insurance companies.
- 80 that accept Medicare.
- 124 that accept Medicaid.
- 109 that work with state-financed health plans other than Medicaid.
- 83 that deal with federal military insurance providers.
- 13 that work with IHS/Tribal/Urban funds.
- 4 that don’t accept any type of payment.
It should be noted that some of these facilities accept multiple forms of payment.
Where To Find Alcohol And Drug Detox Centers In Arkansas?
Detoxification, popularly called detox, is not a rehab approach in itself. It is a procedure that helps cleanse the body from unwanted and harmful substances that are a result of long-term and severe addiction. Detoxification usually lasts less than a week or up to 10 days. After successful detox the patients are ready for the next stage of their recovery.13
Alcohol and drug detox program consists of three essential stages:13
- Evaluation of the patient’s needs.
- Stabilization of their situation.
- Preparation for entry into substance abuse recovery treatment.
Detox centers in Arkansas provide detoxification in both inpatient and outpatient rehab procedures. Detox is very helpful for individuals who are struggling with unbearable symptoms of alcohol and drug withdrawal, from basic ones like anxiety, headache, nausea, and sweating to more serious problems like vomiting, insomnia, confusion, hallucinations, fever, heart palpitations, and high blood pressure.13
There are 26 Arkansas detox centers, including:5
- 22 for opioid detox.
- 21 for alcohol detox.
- 19 that offers benzodiazepines detox.
- 17 that conduct methamphetamine detox.
- 15 for cocaine detoxification.
Does My Insurance Cover Addiction Treatment In Arkansas?
Affordable Care Act (ACA) defines 10 essential health benefits that all Marketplace healthcare plans have to cover. Mental health issues are recognized as one of those 10 essential benefits. Substance abuse treatment is treated as a mental health issue and as such is mandated for coverage since the passing of ACA in 2010. Call AAC to get all the facts about your insurance.14
AAC partners with all the major health insurance providers operating in the US as an in-network option, including:
- BlueCross BlueShield
- Kaiser Permanente
You can easily inquire about your insurance coverage by calling AAC’s confidential hotline. AAC’s knowledgeable admissions team can verify the details of your health insurance and provide you with all the information you need to come to an informed decision about your treatment. If you don’t feel like talking, there are other ways to reach out to AAC like filling out a SSVOB form or using a chat option.
How To Pay For Alcohol And Drug Addiction Treatment With No Insurance?
The Arkansas Department of Human Services runs a Substance Use Disorder Treatment State Funded directory which helps people who have no insurance coverage but who are in need of drug and alcohol treatment. Treatment is funded through Division of Aging, Adult, and Behavioral Health Services (DAABHS) which distributes federal grants for SUD treatment. Contacts and information can be found on this webpage.
For people without insurance who need counseling for various mental health challenges there is also a Therapeutic Counseling Services Provider List which can be found here. You can also visit the page of NAMI Arkansas which is a statewide organization that coordinates a network of local support groups across the state.
How To Find Free Alcohol And Drug Treatment Centers In Arkansas
There are several options for state funded rehabs in Arkansas. According to the National Survey of Substance Abuse Treatment Services (N-SSATS) for 2020, there were:5
- 109 state-financed healthcare insurance plans for those who don’t have private insurance or Medicaid healthcare.
- 106 facilities that provide sliding fee scale services for people who have monetary problems.
- 107 rehab centers which offer treatment at no charge or take minimal payments from individuals who cannot afford addiction rehab.
The Arkansas Department of Health Services offers free addiction treatment to Arkansans who have limited incomes and are experiencing financial struggles. Some of the services provided by Arkansas DHS include:15
- Individual & Group Counseling
- Substance Abuse Counseling & Treatment
- Mental Health Medication Needs
- Help During a Mental Health Crisis
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) is an agency run by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services whose mission is “to reduce the impact of substance abuse and mental illness on America’s communities”. It offers an online treatment locator that lists available recovery facilities according to the type of service offered in every part of the US.16
How To Choose a Rehab Center In Arkansas?
When you are trying to make a choice of an appropriate rehabilitation center in Arkansas, bear in mind that the most important factor to consider is the type of treatment you need. Finding the rehab facility that specializes in delivering treatment that is best matched with your medical condition could be key to successful and lasting recovery.4
Some the other factors you should definitely consider are:
- Accreditations that show rehab centers able to meet the required standards and are in compliance with regulatory policy.
- Quality of medical staff which will be providing the treatment inside a facility.
- Reviews and ratings that can be useful when you are weighing your options.
- Heartfelt testimonials which can provide you with a firsthand experience that may be of value for your decision-making process.
American Addiction Centers is America’s leader when it comes to addiction recovery offering programs which aim at full rehabilitation. AAC prides itself on the highest standard of its medical professionals and the excellence of its amenities. 90 Day Brand Promise demonstrates AAC’s belief in the solid foundation of its rehab solutions. If you experience a relapse after completing 90 consecutive days of treatment, AAC will have you covered for additional 30 days of recovery.
AAC’s high standards are exemplified by our Greenhouse Treatment Center, which is located in Grand Prairie, Texas. Greenhouse provides state-of-the art amenities in a luxurious environment of the former Neiman Marcus spa between Dallas and Fort-Worth. Executive chef, heated indoor and outdoor pools, spa services and acupuncture are just some of the luxurious options patients can indulge in while recovering at Greenhouse.
Greenhouse offers numerous treatment approaches and a variety of services, such as:
- Individual Therapy provided in various proven treatment modalities.
- Group Therapy with a special treatment option for LGBTQ participants.
- Veteran’s Affairs Community Care Partner for America’s veterans and first responders.
- Family Support and Therapy with special family oriented programming.
- Co-occurring Mental Health Disorders for individuals who are struggling from a combination of issues.
- Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT) that uses FDA-approved medication for treatment of addiction issues.
- Individual Therapy Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) which is a specific form of psychotherapy for emotional distress.
- Psychoeducational, Supportive, Expressive, & Alternative Therapies like Art Therapy, Yoga, and Meditation.
- Genetics-Informed Treatment that utilizes pharmacogenetics.
- Chronic Medical Conditions & Physical Challenges for people with special physical needs.
Nationwide Addiction Treatment Facility Locations
American Addiction Centers is the largest network of facilities which are dedicated to the treatment of substance addiction in the US. AAC has facilities in every corner of the country giving you the option to look for the location that will best correspond with your specific needs and medical situation. Some of the AAC options you can choose from are:
- High-end rehabs in Rhode Island.arious treatments on offer in California.
- Proven recovery approaches in Massachusetts.
- Top-notch addiction solutions in Nevada.
- Addiction recovery offered in New Jersey.
- Drug and alcohol rehabilitation in Mississippi.
- Substance abuse programs in the state of Florida.
Frequently Asked Question