Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield California: Cocaine Rehab & Detox Centers in CA That Take Anthem
Does Anthem Blue Cross of California Covers Cocaine Rehab?
With Anthem Blue Cross of California insurance coverage, you can seek rehab treatment for cocaine misuse. The Anthem Blue Cross of California healthcare plans cover behavioral health, including an integrated approach to physical, mental, and substance use issues.1 By using your insurance, you will have access to a range of services for substance misuse, including cocaine use.1
What Does Anthem Blue Cross of California Insurance Cover for Cocaine Treatment?
An Anthem Blue Cross of California addiction treatment program may involve different levels of treatment, depending on your specific needs and goals. It also will depend on where you are in your recovery journey. Some patients may have already completed some levels of treatment and don’t need to start at the beginning. However, you will get a more comprehensive regimen of services by beginning with a high-level treatment program and working your way to less intensive care.
Some of the services that may be included in your Anthem Blue Cross of California Insurance drug treatment plan are:
- Screening and Assessment: During the screening, the program provider can quickly assess the severity of substance misuse the patient is experiencing and provide recommendations for the appropriate level of treatment.2
- Detox: Detox involves the physical and mental withdrawal from a substance that the patient is reliant on. This is accomplished with medical oversight, and sometimes a physician will administer medication.3
- Inpatient or residential rehab treatment: During an inpatient program, patients stay in a residential setting overnight for up to 12 months. Some patients may stay for a shorter term, such as 90 days. During this time, they undergo intense therapy, receive close supervision, and participate in group therapy for support. 4(long)
- Outpatient rehab treatment: An outpatient treatment program involves participating in therapy weekly. There are various levels of outpatient treatment. Some levels are more intense than others. Standard outpatient programs consist of therapy sessions about once a week.5(outpatient)
- Intensive outpatient program (IOP): An IOP is a higher level of outpatient rehab that delivers more hours of therapy and help for patients who need it. This may be an ideal treatment for someone who is almost ready to be on their own but requires a bit more accountability to stay sober.6
- Partial hospitalization program (PHP): When participating in a PHP, patients will be in a setting that is almost like an inpatient program. The main difference is they will not stay overnight.7
- Behavioral therapies: Any type of rehab treatment program will involve therapy. One of the main forms of therapy is behavioral therapy.8
- Treatment for co-occurring disorders: Anthem Blue Cross of California mental health will provide coverage for any co-occurring disorder diagnosis that a patient has. This includes any mental illness co-occurring with substance use disorder. It’s beneficial to combine therapy and treatment for both conditions.9
There is a range of plans offered with Blue Cross coverage in California. These include:10
- Individual & family plans.
- Medicare plans.
- Medicaid plans.
- Small business plans.
- Mid to large business plans.
What Anthem Blue Cross of California Does Not Cover for Cocaine Treatment?
Anthem Blue Cross of California’s substance abuse treatment facility may cover many types of programs, but some services may not be covered by your insurance. You can check with an admissions navigator to confirm which services you have. However, in most cases, the following won’t be covered:
- Recreational programs
- Food delivery services
- Personalized, private treatment services
- Non-medical amenities
- Holistic care services
- Alternative therapies
How Much Does Cocaine Rehab Cost?
When considering the cost of Blue Cross inpatient drug rehab centers in California, several factors play a role. There isn’t one cut-and-dry amount that applies to cocaine rehab. Some of the factors that will play a part in the cost are as follows:
- What services are offered through the Blue Cross rehab coverage?
- How intense is the level of services?
- How long will you be in treatment?
- What amenities are available?
Cost of Inpatient Cocaine Rehab
An inpatient cocaine treatment program is the highest tier of treatment you can get. You’ll have full services. This means that the cost of rehab will be higher for inpatient treatment than for other forms of treatment.4
Cost of Outpatient Cocaine Rehab
Many times, insurance will allow a certain amount of outpatient therapy sessions per year before you must pay any out-of-pocket costs. Other times, you may just have to pay a co-pay. Either way, the cost will be less than other treatment programs.
Cost of Cocaine Partial Hospitalization Programs (PHP)
A PHP will give you a higher level of care than any other treatment program except inpatient treatment. So, you can expect costs to be compatible with an inpatient program, maybe a bit less.7
Cost of Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT)
Since a medication-assisted treatment program must be conducted through an FDA-approved facility, and you will be given medication, the cost may reflect that.11
Cocaine Rehab vs. the Cost of Cocaine Addiction
Some people are hesitant to seek Blue Cross cocaine rehab in California because they are worried about the cost. Of course, there is indeed a cost to getting the treatment you need for cocaine misuse, but keep in mind that cocaine addiction has a cost too. Some of these costs are:
- The cost of the substance can be quite high.
- Some people may lose money when dealing with a cocaine addiction because they can’t keep a job.
- There are serious health consequences that come with any type of substance misuse.
What Length of Cocaine Rehab Does Anthem Blue Cross of California Cover?
The amount of time that Anthem Blue Cross of California rehab coverage will pay for depends on your policy specifics. You can check with your insurance plan to find out what tier level you have and if there are any limitations on the length of time. Alternatively, you could check with the rehab directly.
Whatever length of time you have covered through Blue Cross Inpatient drug rehab in California, you will want to plan for finding a way to stay for the minimum amount recommended. Professionals say that a 90-day stay, at the very least, is best for a successful start to recovery.12
Choosing between Anthem Blue Cross of California Inpatient vs. Outpatient Cocaine Rehab Centers
An inpatient cocaine rehab program is preferred for those in need of treatment over an outpatient one due to the following features:
- You get a greater quality of care.
- Patients are held to a higher standard of accountability.
- You have a strong support group surrounding you.
- Patients receive targeted and individualized care for cocaine misuse.
- You have clinicians on hand 24/7.
How to Use Anthem Blue Cross of California Insurance for Cocaine Rehab?
Some people may feel overwhelmed trying to get started in a Blue Cross drug rehab CA. They may not know where to begin or how to take the first step. You can access your Anthem Blue Cross of California Insurance substance abuse treatment coverage and start a program by following these easy steps:
- Consult a doctor that you are familiar with. If you have a PCP, talk to them first.
- Look for Anthem Blue Cross of California Insurance rehabilitation centers that are near you or fit your needs.
- Determine if your Blue Cross of California Insurance is in-network with the facility.
- Set up an appointment right away for an assessment to start the admissions process.
How to Find Cocaine Rehabs That Accept Anthem Blue Cross of California Insurance
You don’t have to worry about all the hassles if you get in touch with American Addiction Centers (AAC). They can verify your insurance coverage for you. Contact the Anthem Blue Cross of California helpline and speak confidentially to an admissions navigator who will guide you through the process. They will check your insurance while you wait on the phone.
AAC is a top-rated source in addiction treatment. Their California facility, Laguna Treatment Hospital, has a range of excellent treatment solutions for cocaine misuse.