Molina Healthcare Insurance Coverage for Cocaine Rehab & Substance Abuse Treatment
- Access to licensed treatment centers
- Information on treatment plans
- Financial assistance options
Does Molina Healthcare Insurance Covers Cocaine Rehab?
Molina Healthcare is a national insurance company that provides managed care services to covered health members.1 If you have a Molina Healthcare plan, you may be wondering what is covered under your plans, especially if you need to enroll in a rehab program for cocaine addiction. While your specific plan’s coverage may vary, almost all health plans in the United States, including Molina plans, must provide some level of coverage for mental health and substance abuse treatment, which can include cocaine rehab.2
To find out what’s covered under your Molina healthcare plan in terms of cocaine rehab, you can call the number on the back of your insurance card. Because there are many different tiers and plan designs, coverage can vary. Whenever possible, verify your benefits before seeking care to avoid surprise medical bills.
What Does Molina Healthcare Insurance Cover for Cocaine Treatment?
There are many different Molina Healthcare plans, and every plan has different coverage details for health care services. Despite differences in plan design, your Molina Healthcare plan may partially or fully cover the costs of the following common cocaine addiction treatments:
- Screenings, interventions. Typically, before a provider may refer or recommend you for a cocaine rehab treatment, they will use screenings or interventions to assess your cocaine use. These screenings can help them determine whether you have a cocaine use disorder or addiction.3
- Detox. If your mental health professional determines you should enroll in a rehab treatment program, they may suggest you undergo detox. Detoxification is the process in which your body rids itself of substances like cocaine. It is often done in a medically supervised setting, as the side effects of withdrawal can be acute and life-threatening.4, para 2
- Inpatient. Inpatient cocaine rehab programs are those in which you would stay at the facility for the duration of your care, where you may have a private, semi-private, or shared room. With an inpatient program, you will receive round-the-clock medically supervised care for the duration of your rehab stay, which could be days, weeks, or months.5, (How are behavioral therapies used to treat drug addiction?)
- Outpatient. Outpatient cocaine rehab programs are those in which you don’t stay at a facility overnight but rather travel to a facility 1 or 2 times a week to get the care you need. Care may include therapy or counseling sessions.5, (How are behavioral therapies used to treat drug addiction?)
- Behavioral therapies. During all stages of cocaine rehab, mental health professionals may use behavioral therapies in treatment. Behavioral therapies are used to help patients modify attitudes, stop substance use, and learn how to cope with stressors without using cocaine.6 (points to remember)
- Treatment for co-occurring disorders. Someone who has both a mental illness and substance use disorder is said to have a co-occurring disorder.7 Due to the nature of each condition affecting the other, it’s recommended that treatment of the conditions be done separately but simultaneously.7 “What should I do?”
Millions of Americans have either a Medicaid, Medicare, or Marketplace health plan.1 Depending on the specific type of plan, plans could be available in all states, but some are only available in certain states. Every plan is different and has different network requirements and coverage designs. To check whether your Molina Healthcare plan can be used at any of the 14,500 substance use facilities in the country, call the number on the back of your insurance card.8
What Molina Healthcare Insurance Does Not Cover for Cocaine Treatment?
Molina Healthcare plans may not cover all types of cocaine treatment. Some examples of treatments that may not be covered under your plan can include:
- Non-medical amenities.
- Holistic care services.
- Recreation programs.
- Food delivery.
- Private treatment services.
- Alternative therapies.
What Is Molina Healthcare Insurance?
A Fortune 500 company, Molina Healthcare provides managed healthcare services through locally owned and operated health plans.1 All in all, 4.6 million members in America are covered by a Molina Healthcare plan.1 Molina healthcare offers plans for Medicaid and Medicare-eligible enrollees, as well as plans through the state-run Health Insurance Marketplace Exchanges.1
Here is some additional information about the different types of Molina Healthcare plans:
- Medicaid plans: Molina Healthcare is permitted to sell Medicaid plans in Arizona, California, Florida, Idaho, Illinois, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Ohio, New Mexico, New York, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, and Wisconsin.9
- Medicare plans: Molina Healthcare is also licensed to sell Medicare-eligible enrollees Medicare Advantage (Part C) plans.9
- Molina Marketplace: Molina Healthcare is authorized to sell plans from the federal Health Insurance Marketplace (Exchange) to individuals and families in some states where Molina is permitted to sell Medicaid plans.9
Understanding the type of Molina plan you have is critical to understanding what your plan may cover. You can verify your benefits by calling the number on the back of your Molina healthcare insurance plan card. You can also work with the rehab center directly to see whether your plan covers costs at that facility.
How Much Does Cocaine Rehab Cost?
The overall average costs of cocaine rehab may vary greatly. The primary factor affecting the costs of care is your Molina Healthcare plan and its mental health coverage details. Additionally, whether the facility you choose to attend is in your network, the type of treatment you receive, and the intensity of those services may alter your costs.
Depending on your Molina healthcare plan, your plan may not cover all the costs associated with rehab—or any of the costs at all. If this is the case, you can ask the rehab center directly whether it offers payment options like financing or scholarship opportunities to help offset your out-of-pocket costs.
Cost of Inpatient Cocaine Rehab
If you need to attend inpatient cocaine rehab, you should be prepared for more in-depth and comprehensive treatment, which also comes at a higher cost than other rehab types. That being said, your care costs may still vary greatly, as plan networks, deductibles, copays, coinsurance, and limits may be considered when calculating your costs. You can work with your Molina healthcare plan representative to learn more about your plan’s coverage of inpatient health care.
Cost of Outpatient Cocaine Rehab
If you’re attending outpatient cocaine rehab, you may be wondering how much your care will cost. With outpatient care, because the services rendered can vary, as can the number of sessions you may need, what it may cost to get all the care you need will range. Check with your provider and your insurance representative to compare the costs of outpatient services based on facility and type of treatment to be economically savvy.
Cost of Cocaine Partial Hospitalization Programs (PHP)
If you’re attending a cocaine partial hospitalization program, which includes inpatient and outpatient rehab elements, your costs will be determined by how long you’re at a facility and how long your overall treatment lasts. Additionally, whether you’re using an in- or out-of-network provider will also affect your overall care costs.
Cost of Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT)
If your provider suggests you use MAT for your cocaine rehab, you will need to verify whether the prescription they provide is covered under your Molina healthcare plan’s prescription drug coverage. MAT also involves a behavioral therapy component to the treatment, which may be covered in some capacity under your plan.10 Review your plan’s details and talk to your provider to determine what is right for you and work with your plan to keep costs as low as possible.
Cocaine Rehab vs. the Cost of Cocaine Addiction
Cocaine addiction affects all aspects of society and can be costly for both America as a whole and individuals struggling with addiction. Annually, the economic cost of illicit drug use, including cocaine use, is $193 billion.11 Beyond these economic costs, which include the costs of incarceration and lost productivity, health issues are also a threat to long-term cocaine use or addiction.
Those with substance use disorders like cocaine addiction are more likely than others to develop negative health problems, such as stroke, cancer, and lung and heart disease.12 “The Impact of Addiction…” Treating these conditions costs the overall economy and individuals a significant amount of money every year. As you can see, the long-term risks of cocaine addiction are costlier than the upfront costs of cocaine rehab addiction.
What Length of Cocaine Rehab Does Molina Healthcare Insurance Cover?
The length of time that your Molina Healthcare plan covers cocaine rehab will depend on your specific health plan. Check your insurance information by calling the number on the back of your card. Despite what your plan covers, it’s important to remember that the length of time you are in rehab may determine your success and odds of recovery.
Experts recommend that treatment lasts at least 90 days to help improve the positive outcomes as well as curb a patient’s drug use.13 You should remember, though, that every person’s path to recovery is different, and you may not need to be in treatment for that long, or you need to remain in treatment for longer than 90 days. Work with your provider to create a treatment plan that’s right for you.
Choosing Between Molina Healthcare Insurance Inpatient vs. Outpatient Cocaine Rehab Centers
Making the choice between attending an inpatient or outpatient cocaine rehab center is not one that should be done impulsively. It should also be a decision that is made with your doctor. While one center is not inherently better than the other, one may be the better option for you.
For example, if you require round-the-clock care and support, as well as a focused and supportive environment, you may want to consider inpatient rehab. But an outpatient center can also provide a supportive environment as well and help hold you accountable. Be sure to discuss all these aspects with your provider to make an informed choice.
How to Use Molina Healthcare Insurance for Cocaine Rehab?
If you’re wondering how to use your Molina Healthcare plan, it is easy to do. Please note that there may be unique aspects in using your plan, depending on the type of plan you have. Most processes involve working with your doctor to evaluate your cocaine addiction.
After the initial evaluation, your doctor will work with you to find a suitable rehab program that accepts your insurance. If your plan isn’t accepted at the first facility suggested, you can shop around and find a center that accepts your Molina plan. Calling the number on the back of your insurance card can match you with a representative from Molina to find a covered facility.
How to Find Cocaine Rehabs That Accept Molina Healthcare Insurance
American Addiction Centers (AAC) is here to help you find a cocaine rehab center near you that accepts Molina healthcare insurance plans. AAC provides addiction services, including providing high-quality healthcare services at their renowned treatment centers across the country. AAC works with many different insurers, including Molina Healthcare, which means your plan may be accepted at one of the facilities.
If it isn’t accepted at one of our AAC facilities, we can also help you find a nearby covered facility. Call our helpline today and speak to a real-live person who can verify your benefits right while you’re on the phone. Or you can enter your information in the form below and instantly check your benefits. Don’t wait any longer. Call our hotline today to get started.
What Cocaine Rehab Centers Take Molina Healthcare Insurance?
Working with an in-network provider is important for keeping costs low. If you have a Molina Healthcare, the following AAC facilities accept this insurance:
- Greenhouse Treatment Center: Located in Grand Prairie, Texas, Greenhouse offers individualized treatment plans and various levels of care in a luxurious setting.
- Recovery First Treatment Center: Recovery First Treatment Center is in Hollywood, Florida, and is a leading rehabilitation center offering high-quality addiction treatment.