Recovery From Substance Abuse & Addiction
- Access to licensed treatment centers
- Information on treatment plans
- Financial assistance options
Millions of Americans suffer from drug or alcohol addiction. Tragically, most of these individuals don’t seek the help they need. It doesn’t have to be this way. Call American Addiction Centers today, and break addiction’s grip.
Can a Person Recover on Their Own?
The disease of addiction is not something that can be wished away, or even cured by the individual alone. Sustained recovery that lasts long-term requires professional, clinical treatment; a mutual commitment to put forth an honest effort; counseling, behavioral health and therapeutic services to discover and treat the root causes of addiction, since drug or alcohol addiction is typically connected to emotional issues that must be addressed.
The facilities of American Addiction Centers offer all of this, and so much more. Call us today to learn more.
What Does Addiction Recovery Include?
Our staff, which includes expert drug addiction specialists, seasoned physicians and caring therapists, is dedicated to providing our patients with the absolute best, proven methods of treatment and rehabilitation. Our facilities, located across the country, offer unmatched integrated programs and services that honor mind, body and soul.
Effective addiction recovery incorporates comprehensive drug treatment focused on uncovering and addressing the roots of addiction. Whether it’s in our initial clinical assessments, medically supervised detox, residential rehabilitation or aftercare, our team is present for and committed to each step of the recovery process for every individual. This comprehensive, modern approach is based on experience and the long history of substance abuse treatment.
How Do I Know If the Problem Is Serious?
Addiction, over time, excels and gets worse. If the addictive behavior is bad enough now that you are considering treatment, then treatment is absolutely needed. Health, career and personal freedom are at risk, so it’s strongly advisable to take the first steps toward recovery as soon as possible.
Can Legal Substances Still Cause Addiction?
Yes! Many of those participating in addiction recovery programs are there because of alcohol or prescription drugs – both of which are legal. Just because something is legal doesn’t mean it can’t be harmful or deadly. According to the CDC, for example, more than 36,000 people died from drug overdoses in 2008, most resulting from prescription drugs.
How Do You Maintain Abstinence?
Addiction recovery is a journey that continues after you’ve left one treatment. There will be challenges along the way, but remember:
- Stay motivated. Those who make staying sober their number one priority see better results.
- Reward yourself for staying sober. A healthy sense of self-worth is important in recovery, so this reward can simply be a mental pat on the back. Feel good about all you’ve accomplished.
- Expect some obstacles along the way, and have a plan in dealing with them. At some point you may crave using again. This is normal, but these cravings must be dealt with in a way that prevents them from becoming actions. Developing coping skills for other types of adversity, like a bad day at the office or a fight with a spouse, is essential. Also, ask for help when you need it.
- Live a life of believable hope. Let go of the past and look forward to good things, expect to win, do the hard work needed to succeed. Live a healthy and whole life, and your life will be filled with hope that is real and sustainable.
No matter your insurance, be it Cigna, Aetna, Humana, Blue Cross / Blue Shield (BCBS), Assurant, Unicare, United Health Care, Anthem, Carefirst, Asuris Northwest Health, Golden Rule, Celtic Insurance, Fortis, Health Net, Kaiser, Vista, Shelter, Wellpoint, TriCare, Accordia or even Medicare, and state insurance — we can help you find the right addiction recovery program. We also offer many affordable self-pay options, as well as luxury rehab.