Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts: Rehabs & Detox Centers in MA That Take BCBS
- Access to licensed treatment centers
- Information on treatment plans
- Financial assistance options
Does BCBS of Massachusetts insurance cover Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers?
Many people think that substance use problems only happen to “other people,” but the truth is that it’s very widespread. In fact, in Massachusetts, between 2017 and 2019, 1.3 million state residents over the age of 12 admitted to using marijuana in the last year.1, p. 25 second paragraph In the same timeframe, 171,000 Massachusetts residents over 12 admitted to misusing prescription pain medication.1, p. 28 second paragraph
If you struggle with substance use, there’s no reason to feel ashamed or alone. Instead, it’s important to look for a way out so you can be free. If you have Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts insurance, you might wonder if your coverage can help you pay for substance use treatment. The good news is it can. The specific amount of coverage you get will depend on your individual plan, however, so be sure you verify your insurance before committing to a program.
To verify your coverage, you can call the phone number on the back of your insurance card or contact American Addiction Centers (AAC) by phone, chat, or by using the form below. Our admissions navigators can review your coverage in just a few minutes and help you understand what to expect from rehab.
You deserve freedom. It’s time to break away from substance use.
How to find BCBS Of Massachusetts covered Inpatient drug treatment centers in MA?
How do you find the right treatment center for your needs? The first step is to work with your doctor to determine the right treatment plan. There are a lot of different ways to approach addiction treatment, and your doctor will ask about your substance use, how long you’ve been using, your home environment, and more.
Once you determine the right treatment plan, you’ll want to look at BCBS of Massachusetts rehabilitation centers. You aren’t limited to Massachusetts—the BCBS network allows you to access facilities all over the country.2. Personalized healthcare nationwide
AAC operates a wide range of treatment facilities around the nation, including Adcare in Worcester. Adcare has a variety of locations around the state and offers comprehensive treatment options. Once you find the right treatment center, you’ll want to enroll and begin treatment as soon as possible.
What is BCBS Of Massachusetts?
Although Blue Cross Blue Shield sounds like a single company, it’s actually a cooperative of 34 locally operated and independently owned companies.3, first paragraph These companies work together to provide locally-focused healthcare in all 50 states, D.C., and Puerto Rico.3, first paragraph
Blue Cross Blue Shield of MA has been in operation for 80 years.4, heading Originally, Blue Cross and Blue Shield were two different organizations, but in 1988, they merged to create one company.4, second paragraph BCBS of MA is a non-profit organization with a focus on providing access to high-quality, affordable healthcare.4, first and second paragraph
Does Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts cover addiction treatment therapies?
It wasn’t long ago that there were a lot of questions about whether a health insurance plan would cover mental health care or substance use treatment. Fortunately, the Affordable Care Act (ACA) changed that. The ACA requires all long-term health insurance plans to cover 10 essential health benefits, and one of those benefits is mental health and substance use treatment.5, fifth bullet That means that your BCBS Massachusetts coverage will pay at least some of the cost of medically necessary treatments.
Not all plans cover the total cost of rehab, which means you may need to work with the treatment center on a payment plan. However, the help you get from your insurance plan can make a huge difference in accessing the treatment you need.
How Much Does BCBS Of Massachusetts Cover (Addiction Treatment)?
The specific treatment that’s covered by your Blue Cross Blue Shield Massachusetts coverage will depend on what your doctor determines is necessary to help you break free of substance use. That’s why it’s essential to be honest with your doctor about your substance use and home environment.
Some of the common substance use treatments that are recommended include:6,7
- Inpatient/Residential Rehab: Inpatient rehab offers a number of benefits, including around-the-clock care and support from highly qualified professionals. Patients live in the facility full time while undergoing treatment, which generally lasts 1 to 6 months or more. You’ll receive both individual and group therapy as you form new habits and learn to live substance-free.
- Outpatient rehab: Outpatient treatment for addiction is a type of program in which people with addictions to drugs or alcohol receive help but do not live at the treatment center. Outpatient treatment is often less expensive than inpatient treatment, and it allows people to continue working or attending school while they are receiving treatment.
- Intensive Outpatient Programs (IOP): Intensive outpatient programs (IOP) are an excellent resource for addiction treatment. They offer a level of care that is more intensive than traditional outpatient treatment but less intensive than inpatient treatment. IOPs provide a variety of services, including individual and group counseling, education, and support.
- Partial Hospitalization Programs (PHP): PHPs are outpatient addiction treatment programs that provide structure, support, and therapeutic interventions in a safe and secure setting. PHP may be beneficial for individuals struggling with addiction who need intensive therapy but don’t need to live in a facility. You’ll receive individual and group therapy along with other services to help you create a life free of substance use.
Enroll in a Blue Cross Blue Shield addiction treatment program to start making positive changes in your life.
Does Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts provide coverage for mental health treatment facilities?
If you struggle with mental health and substance use, you might feel alone and isolated. The truth is that you’re not alone at all—in fact, 50% of those who misuse substances also struggle with mental health diagnoses, which is known as a co-occurring disorder.8, second paragraph
Common mental health struggles that occur with substance use include anxiety, depression, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), personality disorders, and more.8, second paragraph There’s no reason to be ashamed—instead, find a treatment program that can help you with co-occurring disorders.
Research shows that integrated treatment that addresses both mental health and substance use at the same time is much more effective than only treating one issue or the other.9, first paragraph Will your Massachusetts drug rehabilitation coverage help you with mental health as well? It will. The ACA includes both mental health treatment and substance use treatment on the list of 10 required essential health benefits.5, fifth bullet
That means that at least some of the cost of your care will be covered by Blue Cross Blue Shield Massachusetts mental health coverage. The details will vary based on your plan, so be sure to verify your coverage before you enroll in a treatment center.
How Long Does BCBS Of Massachusetts Insurance Cover Alcohol and Drug Rehab programs?
The length of Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts insurance drug treatment programs varies because everyone’s needs are different. However, research shows that people need a minimum of 90 days of treatment to make a significant long-term change in their substance use.10, fifth bullet
Effective treatment is tailored to your personal needs, from your age and gender to your habits, previous trauma, home life, and more.10, fourth bullet Once you find the right treatment for your needs, it’s essential to finish it completely. Many people make the mistake of thinking they’re able to handle a substance-free life on their own and leave treatment early. Unfortunately, that increases the chance of relapse.10, fifth bullet
You deserve freedom from substance use. That means finding the right program, committing to change, and following through until graduation. The programs are designed to be the right length for participants to break completely free of substance use.
What if my BCBS Of Massachusetts policy does not cover an Inpatient rehab program?
Depending on your insurance plan and the treatment program you’re interested in, you might discover that your Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts drug treatment coverage doesn’t cover the full cost.
Don’t let that stop you from getting the treatment you need. There are many ways to pay for rehab treatment, and even if your insurance plan only covers a little bit—or won’t cover your preferred center at all—you can find ways to get help.
For example, many programs offer payment plans, which can allow you to pay over time instead of having to pay for rehab all at once. Or the treatment center may offer scholarships. Some people borrow money from family and friends to pay for treatment.
Substance use causes significant long-term health and legal problems. It’s important to get the help you need before you are potentially facing more serious repercussions. By using your health insurance coverage in conjunction with other payment options, you can give yourself the best opportunity to afford rehab.
BCBS Of Massachusetts In-Network vs. Out of Network Inpatient Rehab Centers
All insurance plans have specific providers that they contract with who agree to provide healthcare to members for a lower price.11, What’s a provider network? This is known as a provider network, and insurance plan members who use in-network doctors and specialists pay less out-of-pocket.11, Why do some plans cover…
Many of today’s insurance plans don’t pay anything for out-of-network care unless it’s an emergency. That means if you choose an out-of-network drug rehab in Massachusetts or another state, you may have to pay the full amount for treatment by yourself.
To maximize your insurance coverage and save yourself money, be sure to focus on treatment programs that are within the BCBS network. You can double-check by calling the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts phone number on the back of your card or by contacting AAC for more information.
You deserve to live a happy, healthy life without substance use. Getting treatment is the first step, and we’re here to help. Get started today.
Rehabs That Take Blue Cross Blue Shield Insurance
American Addiction Centers (AAC) has various rehab facilities around the country that provide drug and alcohol addiction treatment. If you have a Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance plan, the following AAC facilities accept Blue Cross Blue Shield for drug and alcohol addiction rehab.
- AdCare Rhode Island: With various facilities located in Rhode Island, AdCare provides innovative, quality, and cost-efficient addiction treatment. Its integrated system of care offers an inpatient treatment center in North Kingstown and a network of outpatient offices throughout Rhode Island. AdCare’s continuum of care includes detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, inpatient and outpatient services, and tele-health.
- Desert Hope Treatment Center: Located in Las Vegas, Nevada, Desert Hope provides individualized care programs as well as offering a full continuum of care including detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health.
- Greenhouse Treatment Center: Located in Grand Prairie, Texas, Greenhouse offers individualized treatment plans and many levels of care including detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and tele-health, all in a luxurious setting with high-end amenities.
- Laguna Treatment Hospital: Located in Orange County, California, Laguna is a chemical dependency recovery hospital that focuses on treating people who are medically compromised and need 24/7 oversight. Provided care includes detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment inpatient treatment, and intensive outpatient services.
- Oxford Treatment Center: Located in Etta, Mississippi, Oxford offers gender-specific rehab while offering an opportunity to connect with nature and try new activities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, inpatient and outpatient treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health, all with individualized treatment programs.
- Sunrise House Treatment Center: Located in Lafayette Township, New Jersey, Sunrise House provides treatment for people suffering from substance abuse from a medical and holistic standpoint. With various evidence-based therapeutic interventions, personalized care is provided through detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, and outpatient services.
There are various treatment programs for individuals struggling with drug or alcohol addiction, so don’t give up if the first program you check out doesn’t meet your individual needs. There are rehabs near me that can provide the treatment you need. Check out the directory to find a list of facilities and programs. You can search by location and filter by Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance.