Finding Low-Cost and Affordable Alcohol and Drug Rehab Programs Near Me
How to Get Into Rehab Without Insurance (Free or Low Budget)
The associated expenses often prevent people from entering a rehab program and seeking the help they need.1 However, drug and alcohol addiction actually cost the individual much more in terms of both finances as well as health consequences. This is why looking for suitable low-cost treatment options is definitely worth it.2
In a 2016 survey, 7.8% of people 12 or older reported they needed substance use treatment in the previous year but only 1.4% received it.3 If you or a loved one are a part of this worrying statistic due to a lack of insurance or low income, there are still options for you. Individuals who can’t afford the typical cost of treatment can still enter an affordable drug or alcohol rehab program.4
What Are the Types of Low-Cost & Affordable Rehabilitation Centers?
There is a range of options for low-cost drug and alcohol detox and rehab that treatment-seeking individuals can consider, as shown in a 2018 National Survey of Substance Abuse Treatment Services:4
- Private non-profit programs (51.6 %)
- Local, community, or county-financed programs (4.7%)
- State-funded programs (2.1%)
- Programs funded by the federal government (2.2%)
- Programs funded by the tribal government (1.8%)
What Do Low-Cost & Affordable Rehab Programs Include?
In most types of drug treatment, including free and low-cost rehabs, you can expect the intensity and extent of the program to depend on the patient’s individual needs.4 Individuals can enter an inpatient residential program, either in a hospital-like or non-hospital setting, attend outpatient treatment, or stay at a sober living house.4
The staff at the center assesses their specific needs and designs a treatment plan that addresses them, which may include individual, group, family, and couples counseling, pharmacotherapies, comprehensive treatment for co-occurring conditions, discharge and aftercare planning, and other forms of support.4 You can find out more about addiction treatment from various reliable resources.
The Advantages of Affordable Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab Programs
There are many advantages to entering a low-cost inpatient alcohol or drug rehab:2
- Price: Since financial difficulties are one of the biggest obstacles to entering treatment, low-cost rehab centers provide an important service to the most disenfranchised members of society.
- Availability: Affordable rehab programs are accessible to most people who are struggling with substance use disorders, which means a greater number of treatment-seeking individuals can receive the help they need.
- Quality of care: Even though affordable drug and alcohol rehabilitation centers may not be as well-equipped and modern as luxury treatment facilities, they can still provide quality, tailored care.
The Disadvantages of Low-Cost Drug Rehab Programs
Although they do offer accessible care to people who wouldn’t otherwise be able to cover the cost of treatment, low-cost alcohol and drug rehab centers do have their downsides:5
- Long wait times: Since these centers have access to fewer resources and there are many treatment seekers, their services may not be immediately available because there is a long waiting list for patients.
- Outdated amenities: Because of their lack of resources, the treatment options at affordable detox and rehab centers may be limited and care could be provided on a smaller scale.
- Lack of commitment: Many low-cost rehab programs are carried out in an outpatient setting, which may compromise the commitment to treatment of individuals with a greater need for 24/7 care.
To make sure you’re choosing the right option for yourself or a loved one, you can browse patient testimonials for your chosen facility, find answers to frequently asked questions about their services, or call their helpline to discuss the details with someone from their admissions team.
Do I Qualify for Low-Cost & Affordable Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab Programs?
There are typically certain criteria that an individual needs to meet in order to become eligible for treatment at low-cost alcohol and drug rehab centers:6
- Evidence of citizenship
- Proof of state residence
- Low income
- No insurance coverage
How Can I Join Low-Cost Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers?
There are multiple options for funding treatment if you’re facing financial hardships:1
- Bank loans
- Sliding scale payment
- Loans from family and friends
Public drug and alcohol rehab programs get funding from state agencies, such as federal block grant funding. Private treatment centers usually work with public and private health insurance carriers and offer a range of helpful payment options.1You can locate low-cost detox and rehabilitation centers near you in California or another state using a treatment finder. American Addiction Centers has a nationwide system of treatment facilities that offer top-quality care. Give us a call to chat to one of our friendly admissions navigators to see if your insurance covers the price of treatment at one of our locations or if you’re eligible for another funding option.