Peach State Health Plan Georgia (Ambetter) Covered Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers in Georgia
- Access to licensed treatment centers
- Information on treatment plans
- Financial assistance options
Ambetter From Peach State Health Plan covered Alcohol and Drug rehab centers in Georgia
Despite the stigma, substance use problems are relatively common across the United States, including in Georgia. Between 2017 and 2019, 1.2 million Georgia residents 12 and older admitted to using marijuana in the past year, and 361,000 struggled with alcohol use disorder.1, p. 25 and 31, second paragraph on each.
If you are a Georgia resident looking for a way to break free from substance use and you have an Ambetter From Peach State Health Plan, your health insurance may pay some or all of the rehab cost. The specific coverage your plan offers will vary, so it’s important to review your coverage details before you commit to a treatment plan. You can do this by calling the phone number on the back of your insurance card, and the rehab center you’re interested in can verify your insurance as well.
This guide will help you understand how to use Ambetter From Peach State Health Plan insurance to get the help you need to break free from substance use.
What is Ambetter From Peach State Health Plan?
Ambetter offers Marketplace insurance plans in a variety of states, and in Georgia, the plans are named “Ambetter From Peach State”.2, first section
Ambetter offers a variety of different health insurance plans in Georgia, from Essential, Balanced, and Secure plans to Select Wellstar plans. Be sure to compare the costs and benefits so you can select one that fits your needs.2, second section
Ambetter has plans around the country and covers 2 million members in 26 states.3, Experienced healthcare Ambetter From Peach State Health Plan healthcare plans include a variety of benefits, including telehealth, rewards for healthy living, a 24/7 nurse line, and more.3, About Ambetter
All Ambetter plans also include the 10 essential health benefits required by the Affordable Care Act (ACA).4 That means you can rely on Ambetter From Peach State Health Plan insurance plans to provide at least some coverage for mental health and substance use treatment.4, fifth bullet
What Substance Addiction Does Ambetter From Peach State Health Plan Cover?
Georgians struggle with a wide variety of substance use problems. Some of the most commonly misused substances include marijuana, opioids, alcohol, meth, prescription drugs, and heroin.5, bulleted list
Fortunately, you can get treatment for an addiction to any of these substances. There are treatment centers that help with a wide variety of substance use problems, and there are programs focused on a specific type of addiction. What’s important is that you find a program that meets your specific needs.
What does Ambetter From Peach State Health Plan Insurance cover in addiction treatment?
The right substance use treatment program will be different for each person. The first step to finding the right approach is to work closely with your doctor. Your doctor will ask questions about what substances you use and how often, along with learning more about your use triggers and home environment.
Insurance plans focus on providing coverage for proven, medically necessary care. Some of the most common treatment options include:6,7
- Inpatient Rehab. Inpatient rehab (also known as residential treatment) allows you to live at the treatment center 24/7 for several weeks or months. The goal is to remove you from your usual environment so you can improve your mindset and coping skills and lead a substance-free lifestyle.
- Outpatient Rehab. During outpatient rehab, you live at home and attend treatment a few hours a week. This is helpful if you need to work or attend school while you’re working on your substance use.
- Intensive Outpatient Programs (IOP). For a more focused treatment program, you can consider an IOP. You’ll get several hours of treatment and therapy a week, but you’ll be able to maintain a normal life outside of those times and continue living at home.
- Partial Hospitalization Programs (PHP). A PHP gives full-time treatment without having you live at the facility. You’ll attend treatment several hours a day, five days a week or more. At night and on weekends you’ll live at home.
Once you commit to a treatment program, be sure to see it all the way through until graduation. That’s how you give yourself the best chance of success.
Does Ambetter From Peach State Health Plan Cover Mental Health & Co-Occurring Disorder Treatment?
Mental health concerns and substance use often go hand in hand. In fact, 50% of those who struggle with substance abuse also have co-occurring mental health disorders, such as attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), anxiety, depression, and more.8, second paragraph
Fortunately, the Affordable Care Act (ACA) includes mental health treatment in the list of essential health benefits all plans must cover.4, fifth bullet That means you can rely on your Ambetter From Peach State Health Plan insurance coverage to help pay for both substance use treatment and mental health care.
It’s important to treat both mental health and substance use together, rather than addressing only one or the other. Studies show that an integrated treatment approach is much more effective than tackling one issue at a time.9, first paragraph
How Long Does Ambetter From Peach State Health Plan Cover Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab programs?
Is there a limit to how long your Ambetter From Peach State Health Plan rehab coverage lasts? Part of the answer to this question will be based on the treatment program that your doctor creates. From there, each plan will have its own coverage limits, so it’s important to understand your specific policy before choosing a rehab program.
One thing to keep in mind is that studies show it takes most people at least 90 days to make a significant change in their substance use habits.10, fifth bullet That means your program should probably be at least three months long. Of course, the length of your program will have the most impact if you commit to finishing the process and graduating. While it’s common to feel better partway through, you don’t get the full impact of learning new habits if you leave early. Be sure to finish the program.
What if my Ambetter From Peach State Health Plan policy does not cover an Inpatient drug rehab program?
It’s possible that your insurance plan won’t pay the full cost of the treatment program or that you might be interested in a treatment center that isn’t covered by your Ambetter From Peach State Health Plan mental health and substance use insurance.
Don’t let that hold you back from getting the treatment you need. There are a lot of ways to pay for rehab, including borrowing from friends and family or getting a personal loan. Or you might find a treatment center that offers scholarships, payment plans, or a sliding scale of fees based on your income.
The key is to get the help you need as soon as possible. Substance use has long-term legal and health consequences, and you want to break free before it’s too late. You deserve a happy, healthy life free of substances.
Ambetter From Peach State Health Plan In-Network vs. Out-of-Network Inpatient Rehab Centers
When you review your insurance coverage, you might hear about Ambetter From Peach State Health Plan out-of-network coverage vs. in-network coverage. That refers to the fact that insurance plans make agreements with specific doctors and specialists to treat their members at a lower cost.11, p. 1 What’s a Provider Network
As a result, when you choose in-network providers, you pay less out-of-pocket.11, p. 2, Why do some plans… However, out-of-network doctors and treatment centers may not get any coverage at all from your health insurance.11, p. 2, Why do some plans… That means you’ll pay the full cost yourself.
It’s best to find an in-network treatment center if possible because you’ll be able to maximize your Ambetter From Peach State Health Plan insurance and keep your own costs low. However, if you want an out-of-network option, you’ll want to review other ways to pay for your treatment.
What Rehab Centers Take Ambetter From Peach State Health Plan Insurance?
American Addiction Centers (AAC) has various rehab facilities around the country that provide drug and alcohol addiction treatment. If you have a Ambetter insurance plan, the following AAC facilities accept Ambetter for drug and alcohol addiction rehab.
- Greenhouse Treatment Center: Located in Grand Prairie, Texas, Greenhouse offers individualized treatment plans and many levels of care including detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and tele-health, all in a luxurious setting with high-end amenities.
- Oxford Treatment Center: Located in Etta, Mississippi, Oxford offers gender-specific rehab while offering an opportunity to connect with nature and try new activities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, inpatient and outpatient treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health, all with individualized treatment programs.
- Recovery First Treatment Center: Located in Hollywood, Florida, Recovery First treats substance use disorders by combining evidence-based therapeutic modalities with top-level care. Recovery First provides a personalized continuum of care including detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and telehealth.
- River Oaks Treatment Center: Located in Riverview, Florida, River Oaks treats substance use disorders through combining evidence-based therapies with world-class amenities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, behavioral disorder treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, outpatient services, and telehealth, all with individualized treatment programs.
There are various treatment programs for individuals struggling with drug or alcohol addiction, so don’t give up if the first program you check out doesn’t meet your individual needs. There are rehabs near me that can provide the treatment you need. Check out the directory to find a list of facilities and programs. You can search by location and filter by Ambetter insurance.
How Can I Check My Ambetter From Peach State Health Plan Coverage for Inpatient Drug Rehab Centers in Georgia?
One of the first steps to take when you’re ready to break free from substance use is to verify your insurance and ensure you know what to expect when you choose a program. You can do this by calling the phone number on the back of your insurance card or contacting American Addiction Centers (AAC) by phone or online. We’re available 24/7.
Our admissions navigators can review your insurance coverage in just a few minutes and answer any questions about rehab.
You deserve to be free of substances and live a happy, healthy life. The first step to reaching this goal is to find out more about how your health insurance can help you pay for the treatment you need. Contact us today to get started.