Drug & Alcohol Rehabs in Florida That Accept Sunshine Health Florida (Ambetter) Insurance
- Access to licensed treatment centers
- Information on treatment plans
- Financial assistance options
Sunshine Health Florida (Ambetter) covered Alcohol and Drug rehab centers in Florida
Fun in the sun, beaches for miles, and plenty of places to enjoy a good time — it might seem like living in Florida would give you the ideal life.
Unfortunately, beneath the surface, there are plenty of struggles as well. Between 2017 and 2019, 2.7 million Floridians over age 12 admitted to using marijuana in the past year, and 770,000 struggled with alcohol use disorder.1, p. 25 and 31, second paragraph on both
If you’re 1 of the millions of Florida residents who struggle with substance use, there are ways to get the help you need. For example, Sunshine Health of Florida can help pay for part or all of the cost of treatment.
The coverage you get from Sunshine Health Florida will depend on your specific plan, so be sure to call the phone number on the back of your insurance card to learn more about your coverage before you commit to a program.
You deserve a life free of substance use. This guide will show you how to use Sunshine Health (Ambetter) insurance of Florida to get the help you need.
What is Sunshine Health Florida (Ambetter)?
Sunshine Health (Ambetter) Florida healthcare plans are health insurance plans that are available on the Florida insurance marketplace.2, first paragraph The company focuses on delivering high-quality healthcare to members by focusing on local providers.2, first paragraph
Sunshine Health is owned by Centene Corporation, which is a Fortune 500 company with decades of experience in the managed care industry.3, second paragraph There are a variety of plans available, including Exclusive Provider Organization (EPO) and Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) plans.3, third paragraph
The Affordable Care Act (ACA) requires that all long-term health insurance plans provide coverage for 10 essential health benefits, one of which is mental health and substance use treatment.4, fifth bullet That means you can rely on Sunshine Health insurance plans to pay at least some of the cost of substance use treatment.
What Substance Addiction Does Sunshine Health Florida (Ambetter) Cover?
People struggle with a wide variety of substances, and the good news is that you can get rehab for almost any substance you misuse.
Some of the most common substances people misuse include alcohol, marijuana, cocaine, heroin, meth, opioids, and prescription drugs.5, bulleted list If you struggle with any of these substances, you can get the help you need to break free.
Attending a treatment program will allow you to learn new habits and coping skills to break free from substance use successfully. You deserve to live a happy and healthy life, which is why it’s important to take action today.
What does Sunshine Health Florida (Ambetter) Insurance cover in addiction treatment?
Everyone’s treatment plan is different, and it’s important to work closely with your doctor to determine what is best for you. Your doctor will ask you about what substances you use, how often and how much, and how long you’ve been using them. There will also be questions about your home environment and what triggers you have for misusing drugs or alcohol.
Once you have your specific plan, look for a treatment center that offers that specific approach. Some common treatment options include:5,6
- Inpatient Rehab. During inpatient or residential rehab, you live full-time in the treatment facility for several weeks or months. This gives you a chance to get out of your normal daily environment and create new habits.
- Outpatient Rehab. Outpatient treatment allows you to live at home and get treatment a few hours a week. This can be helpful if you need to work or attend school during treatment.
- Intensive Outpatient Programs (IOP). Intensive outpatient programs are a good option for those who can live at home but need a more focused treatment program than most outpatient options provide. You’ll attend several hours of treatment during the week.
- Partial Hospitalization Programs (PHP). PHPs give you full-time treatment, but you still stay at home in the evenings and on weekends. Patients in this type of program typically attend 5 days a week for the full day and receive treatment for their substance use as well as any co-occurring mental health issues.
The key to successful treatment of your substance use is to choose a program that meets your needs and to complete it fully. If you leave early, you’re not setting yourself up to successfully live substance-free in the future, which means you may need to attend treatment again in the future.
Does Sunshine Health Florida (Ambetter) Cover Mental Health & Co-Occurring Disorder Treatment?
Many people who misuse substances also struggle with their mental health. In fact, studies show that 50% of people who struggle with substance use also have a mental health diagnosis, which is known as a co-occurring disorder.7, second paragraph The most common mental health struggles that co-occur with substance use are anxiety, depression, ADHD, PTSD, personality disorders, bipolar disorder, and others.7, second paragraph
Fortunately, many substance use treatment programs can treat both mental health and substance use together. Studies show that this kind of integrated treatment gives you the best chance for success.8, first paragraph
The ACA includes both mental health treatment and substance use treatment in the list of essential benefits, so you can have confidence that your Sunshine Health (Ambetter) Florida mental health coverage can help you pay for both.3, fifth bullet
How Long Does Sunshine Health Florida (Ambetter) Cover Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab programs?
Most insurance plans focus on covering medically-necessary, effective care. That means some of your coverage will depend on the treatment plan you and your doctor agree is best for your needs.
Research shows that most people need at least 90 days of treatment to significantly change their substance use.9, fifth bullet Make sure you choose a program that’s long enough to make a difference for you and meets your unique needs. If your insurance plan doesn’t pay the full cost of your treatment, you can look for other ways to meet the cost.
The other essential step is to make sure you complete your treatment program fully. You may feel better after just a few weeks, but to really get new habits established long-term, you need to finish the whole program. That’s what sets you up for success in a substance-free life.
To learn more about how long your Sunshine Health (Ambetter) rehab coverage will last, review your coverage before committing to a treatment program. You can call the number on the back of your insurance card or contact American Addiction Centers (AAC) over the phone or online. In just a few minutes, our admissions navigators can verify your insurance and answer any questions you have about rehab.
We’re here to help you take the first steps into freedom.
What if my Sunshine Health Florida (Ambetter) policy does not cover an Inpatient drug rehab program?
If you’re interested in a specific treatment program, you may find that they don’t accept Sunshine Health (Ambetter) Florida rehab coverage, or maybe your insurance only covers part of the cost of treatment.
Don’t let that stop you from getting the help you need. There are many ways to pay for rehab. For example, you may be able to set up a payment plan, or the treatment center may offer scholarships.
You can also get a personal loan or borrow money from family and friends. Getting the treatment you need is the first step toward a financially stable life where you’ll be able to manage these financial obligations.
You are worth a happy, healthy, substance-free life. Don’t let anything stop you from getting there.
Sunshine Health Florida (Ambetter) In Network vs. Out of Network Inpatient Rehab Centers
As you look at treatment centers, you might notice that some are in the Sunshine Health (Ambetter) Florida insurance coverage network while others are not.
A provider network is a group of doctors and specialists that have agreed to treat Sunshine Health members at a lower cost.10, p. 1 What’s a Provider Network In return, the insurance plan will encourage its members to go to that provider.10, p. 1 What’s a Provider Network
Because these providers give care less expensively, the insurance plans will discourage members from going to other providers by covering less of the cost, which means you pay more out-of-pocket.10, p. 2, Why do some plans… Some insurance plans don’t provide any coverage outside the network.10, p. 2, Why do some plans…
To maximize your insurance coverage and keep your costs low, you’ll want to focus on treatment centers that are in-network with Sunshine Health of Florida if possible. If you have to go outside the provider network, you’ll pay more (or all) of the cost yourself.
What Rehab Centers Take Sunshine Health Florida Ambetter Insurance?
American Addiction Centers (AAC) has various rehab facilities around the country that provide drug and alcohol addiction treatment. If you have a Ambetter insurance plan, the following AAC facilities accept Ambetter for drug and alcohol addiction rehab.
- Greenhouse Treatment Center: Located in Grand Prairie, Texas, Greenhouse offers individualized treatment plans and many levels of care including detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and tele-health, all in a luxurious setting with high-end amenities.
- Oxford Treatment Center: Located in Etta, Mississippi, Oxford offers gender-specific rehab while offering an opportunity to connect with nature and try new activities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, inpatient and outpatient treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health, all with individualized treatment programs.
- Recovery First Treatment Center: Located in Hollywood, Florida, Recovery First treats substance use disorders by combining evidence-based therapeutic modalities with top-level care. Recovery First provides a personalized continuum of care including detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and telehealth.
- River Oaks Treatment Center: Located in Riverview, Florida, River Oaks treats substance use disorders through combining evidence-based therapies with world-class amenities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, behavioral disorder treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, outpatient services, and telehealth, all with individualized treatment programs.
There are various treatment programs for individuals struggling with drug or alcohol addiction, so don’t give up if the first program you check out doesn’t meet your individual needs. There are rehabs near me that can provide the treatment you need. Check out the directory to find a list of facilities and programs. You can search by location and filter by Ambetter insurance.
How Can I Check My Sunshine Health (Ambetter) Coverage for Inpatient Drug Rehab Centers in Florida?
Knowing that your Sunshine Health (Ambetter) Florida mental health coverage can help you pay for substance use treatment and any co-occurring disorders is a big relief to many people. The next step is to find out how much coverage you can expect and then choose a treatment center.
You can check your insurance by calling the number on the back of your insurance card or by contacting AAC. We’re here for you 24/7. Our goal is to help you take the first steps to a happier, healthier life.
Contact us today to get started on .