Health Net California (Ambetter) Covered Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers in California
Health Net California (Ambetter) covered Alcohol and Drug rehab centers in California
California is known for its beautiful weather and miles of beaches, but it also has another reputation—for celebrities and fast living.
That’s not surprising considering that, as do many other states, Californians struggle with substance use. Between 2017 and 2019, 1.3 million Californians over age 12 admitted to misusing prescription drugs in the past year, and 2 million struggled with alcohol use disorder.1, p. 28 and 31, second paragraph on both
If you live in California and struggle with substance use, you might wonder how you can get help paying for the treatment you need. The good news is that if you have health insurance from Ambetter of Health Net California, you can use your insurance plan to pay for some or all of the cost of treatment.
The amount of coverage will depend on your specific plan, so be sure to check your coverage before you commit to a program. You can call the phone number on the back of your insurance card to get the details of your plan.
This guide will help you understand how to use your health insurance coverage to get the care you need.
What is Health Net California (Ambetter)?
Ambetter sells plans through the insurance marketplace in California and is part of the larger Health Net of California organization.2, first paragraph These plans are designed to improve the health and well-being of members while also being affordable.2, second paragraph
Health Net was founded more than 40 years ago and has been recognized for its high level of customer service for members.2, fifth and sixth paragraph Most importantly, the plans all include the essential health benefits required by the Affordable Care Act (ACA).3, first paragraph
The ACA requires all long-term health insurance plans to cover 10 essential health benefits, which include mental health and substance use treatment.3, fifth bullet As a result, you can rely on your Health Net (Ambetter) insurance in California to help you pay at least part of the costs of the substance use treatment you need to break free.
What Substance Addiction Does Health Net California (Ambetter) Cover?
Americans misuse a variety of substances. Some of the most common include heroin, marijuana, meth, cocaine, alcohol, and prescription drugs.4, bulleted list Fortunately, you can get treatment to help you break free from using these substances and a variety of others.
Treatment programs will vary depending on the substances they address and how they approach substance use. The key is to focus on programs that provide therapy that is shown to be effective and match the treatment plan your doctor has created to meet your needs.
What does Health Net California (Ambetter) Insurance cover in addiction treatment?
There is no single approach to substance use treatment that works for everyone. Instead, you’ll work with your doctor to create a personalized treatment plan. Your doctor will ask questions about what substances you use and how long you’ve used them, as well as asking about your use triggers and home environment.
From this information, your doctor will create a treatment plan to help you break free from substance use. Some of the most common treatment options include:5,6
- Inpatient Rehab. During inpatient rehab, you’ll live full-time at a treatment facility for a number of weeks or months. You’ll learn new ways of addressing stressors and trauma that will allow you to live a happy, healthy life free of substance use.
- Outpatient Rehab. People attending outpatient rehab receive treatment a few hours a week but otherwise, live at home and are able to work or attend school. This treatment option can follow up on what you learned at inpatient rehab or be a stand-alone treatment to help you let go of substance use.
- Intensive Outpatient Programs (IOP). An IOP allows you to get more treatment support without having to live at an inpatient facility. You will receive more hours of therapy during the week but are still able to live at home.
- Partial Hospitalization Programs (PHP). PHPs are a full-time treatment program where you still spend the night at home. This allows you a high level of focused treatment while allowing you to save money compared to a traditional inpatient program.
Once you choose a treatment option, it’s important to follow through and see the program through to graduation. While it’s tempting to leave early when you start feeling better, you’ll set yourself up for long-term success by completing the program and any aftercare requirements.
Does Health Net California (Ambetter) Cover Mental Health & Co-Occurring Disorder Treatment?
Despite the stigma attached to mental health issues, it’s common to struggle with a mental health diagnosis and substance use. In fact, 50% of those who misuse substances also have a mental health concern, which is known as a co-occurring disorder.7, second paragraph
Common mental health concerns that occur alongside substance use include anxiety, depression, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), and more.7, second paragraph What’s important is to get treatment for both your mental health and substance use at the same time—research shows that integrated treatment is more effective than treating only 1 or the other.8, first paragraph
Fortunately, Health Net (Ambetter) California healthcare plans will help pay for both mental health and substance use treatment since both are part of the essential health benefits.3, fifth bullet That means your health insurance can help you pay for treatment programs that address co-occurring disorders.
How Long Does Health Net California (Ambetter) Cover Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab programs?
Many people want to know how long they will be in rehab. The answer depends on the treatment plan your doctor creates for you, but keep in mind that research shows it takes at least 90 days to make a significant difference in your substance use habits. As a result, you can expect your treatment program to be at least 3 months long.9, fifth point
The amount of coverage you’ll get from your health insurance will depend on your specific plan, which is why it’s so important to verify your insurance before you commit to a program. You can call the phone number on the back of your insurance card, or you can contact American Addiction Centers (AAC) by phone or online. We are available 24/7.
Our admissions navigators can check your insurance details in just a few minutes while you’re chatting with us and can also answer any questions you have about rehab.
You deserve a life that’s free of substance use and focused on what you want most out of life. We’re here to help.
What if my Health Net California (Ambetter) policy does not cover an Inpatient drug rehab program?
As you review treatment programs, you might find that your Health Net (Ambetter) California insurance coverage only covers part of the cost of rehab, and you need to pay the rest. Or, maybe the program isn’t covered by your insurance at all, and you need to pay the full cost.
Don’t let that stop you from getting the treatment you need. There are a lot of different ways to pay for rehab, and Health Net (Ambetter) California rehab coverage is only part of the picture. For example, some treatment programs offer scholarships or have a sliding scale of fees based on your income.
Some people are able to borrow money from friends and family to pay for rehab, and you may also be able to set up a payment plan with the treatment center. The key is to get the help you need right away. After you’re free of substance use, you’ll be in a much better position to manage your financial obligations.
Substance use has long-term health and legal consequences, and it’s important to get help before it’s too late. Don’t let anything stand in the way of your treatment.
Health Net California (Ambetter) In Network vs. Out of Network Inpatient Drug Rehab Centers
As you look at different treatment center options, you’ll notice that some of them are considered “in-network” with your Health Net (Ambetter) California mental health coverage, while others are “out-of-network.” What does that mean?
All insurance plans have a network of doctors and specialists that agree to provide care for plan members at a lower cost.10, p. 1 What’s a Provider Network The health plan encourages members to use those providers instead of others.10, p. 1 What’s a Provider Network
If you use a doctor, specialist, or treatment center that’s part of your health plan’s network, you pay less for your care.10, p. 2, Why do some plans… However, there may be little or no coverage for doctors outside the network, meaning you’ll pay more (or even the full cost.)10, p. 2, Why do some plans…
To maximize your Health Net (Ambetter) California mental health coverage, focus on finding a treatment program that’s part of the provider network if you can. You’ll pay less out-of-pocket while getting high-quality treatment.
However, if you really want to enroll in a treatment program that’s out-of-network, you still can. You’ll just need to take advantage of different options to pay for it, as discussed in the section above.
What Rehab Centers Take Ambetter Insurance?
American Addiction Centers (AAC) has various rehab facilities around the country that provide drug and alcohol addiction treatment. If you have a Ambetter insurance plan, the following AAC facilities accept Ambetter for drug and alcohol addiction rehab.
- Greenhouse Treatment Center: Located in Grand Prairie, Texas, Greenhouse offers individualized treatment plans and many levels of care including detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and tele-health, all in a luxurious setting with high-end amenities.
- Oxford Treatment Center: Located in Etta, Mississippi, Oxford offers gender-specific rehab while offering an opportunity to connect with nature and try new activities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, inpatient and outpatient treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health, all with individualized treatment programs.
- Recovery First Treatment Center: Located in Hollywood, Florida, Recovery First treats substance use disorders by combining evidence-based therapeutic modalities with top-level care. Recovery First provides a personalized continuum of care including detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and telehealth.
- River Oaks Treatment Center: Located in Riverview, Florida, River Oaks treats substance use disorders through combining evidence-based therapies with world-class amenities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, behavioral disorder treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, outpatient services, and telehealth, all with individualized treatment programs.
There are various treatment programs for individuals struggling with drug or alcohol addiction, so don’t give up if the first program you check out doesn’t meet your individual needs. There are rehabs near me that can provide the treatment you need. Check out the directory to find a list of facilities and programs. You can search by location and filter by Ambetter insurance.
How Can I Check My Health Net (Ambetter) Coverage for Inpatient Drug Rehab Centers in California?
You deserve a happier, healthier life without substance use. To take the first steps, find out the details about your health insurance plan and how it covers substance use treatment. You can call the insurer directly or contact us here at American Addiction Centers (AAC) anytime.
AAC is proud of our high-quality treatment centers that are in-network with many health insurance providers. For example, our Laguna Treatment Center in California offers a safe medical detox, treatment for co-occurring disorders, and a variety of evidence-based therapies.
If you’re ready to break free from substance use, you’re making the best decision possible for your future. We’re here to help you. Contact us today.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. (2020). Behavioral health barometer, California.
- Health Net. (2021, November 9). Californians can choose Ambetter from Health Net for affordable family and individual health coverage.
- Healthcare.gov. (n.d.). What Marketplace health insurance plans cover
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2020, August 20). Commonly Used Drugs Charts.
- Findtreatment.gov (2019, October). Treatment Options.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2014). Principles of Adolescent Substance Use Disorder Treatment: A Research-Based Guide: Treatment Settings.
- National Institute of Mental Health. (n.d.). Substance Use and Co-Occurring Mental Disorders.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2020, April). What are the treatments for comorbid substance use disorder and mental health conditions?
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2018, January). Principles of Effective Treatment.
- Marketplace.gov (2021, May). What you should know about provider networks.
- Insurance Provider Name
- Policy Member's Full Name
- Policy Membership/Subscriber ID
Check your HEALTH NET CALIFORNIA (AMBETTER) rehab coverage
American Addiction Centers' locations
Guides for other health insurance providers
- 1199SEIU Funds
- APS Healthcare
- Aetna Insurance
- Ambetter Insurance
- American Family Insurance
- Amerigroup Insurance
- Amerihealth Insurance
- Anthem BlueCross California
- Anthem Insurance
- Assurant Health Insurance
- Beacon Health
- Behavioral Healthcare
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Shield of California
- Cigna Insurance
- Community Health Choice
- Cooks Children’s Health Plan
- Emblem Health
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Exclusive Care
- Federal Blue Cross Blue Shield
- First Care
- First Health
- Florida Blue (BCBS Florida)
- GEHA Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Harvard Pilgrim
- Health Net
- Health Plan of Nevada
- Horizon BCBS
- Humana Health Insurance