Ambetter from Nebraska Total Care Insurance Covered Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers Near Me
Ambetter from Nebraska Total Care covered Alcohol and Drug rehab centers in Nebraska
Nebraska gets an unfair reputation for being a flat state full of farmland and not much else. The truth is that there is plenty going on in Nebraska — and residents have their fair share of struggles as well.
Between 2017 and 2019, 12.8% of Nebraska residents over the age of 12 admitted to using marijuana in the last year, and 5.8% struggled with alcohol use disorder.1, p. 25 and 31, second paragraph on both
If you’re a Nebraska resident who struggles with substance use, you might wonder if your Ambetter from Nebraska Total Care insurance can help you pay for the treatment you need. The good news is it can, although the specific amount of coverage will vary depending on your plan. Before you commit to a program, be sure to call the number on the back of your insurance card to verify your coverage so you know what to expect.
This guide will help you understand how to use Ambetter from Nebraska Total Care to get the substance use treatment you need. You deserve it.
What is Ambetter from Nebraska Total Care?
Ambetter from Nebraska Total Care offers health insurance plans on the Nebraska health insurance marketplace.2, top section There are a variety of plans available in 3 different categories.2, second section
Gold plans have the highest monthly premium and the lowest out-of-pocket costs, while Bronze plans have a lower monthly premium and higher out-of-pocket costs.2, second section Silver plans are in the middle with a balance of benefits and costs.2, second section
Best of all, Ambetter plans offer coverage for all of the essential health benefits of the Affordable Care Act (ACA).2, You’re covered on… The ACA requires all long-term health insurance plans to offer coverage for 10 essential health benefits, which include mental health and substance use treatment.3, fifth bullet
That means you can rely on your Ambetter from Nebraska Total Care insurance coverage to help you afford the rehab treatment you need to break free from substance use. Each plan will have its own limits of coverage, so be sure to verify your coverage before you commit to a program.
What Substance Addiction Does Ambetter from Nebraska Total Care Cover?
People misuse a variety of substances, and addiction has a variety of negative effects on your health, decision-making, and thought processes.4, top section Commonly misused substances include cocaine, meth, opioids, marijuana, alcohol, and prescription medication.
Fortunately, treatment programs can address these addictions and many others. What’s important is to find the right treatment for your needs and fully complete the program. When you follow the plan to the end, you’ll set yourself up for the best chance at long-term change.
What does Ambetter from Nebraska Total Care Insurance cover in addiction treatment?
Everyone’s treatment plan is different because everyone has different needs. The first step to determining the right treatment for you is to work closely with your doctor, who will ask you a variety of questions about your substance use and lifestyle.
Ambetter from Nebraska Total Care healthcare plans focuses on covering medically-necessary, evidence-based care. Some of the most common treatment options are:5,6
- Inpatient Rehab. Inpatient or residential rehab invites you to live full-time at a treatment facility. This allows you to break away from unhealthy patterns and pressure from your environment. During inpatient rehab, you’ll receive group and individual therapy, participate in recreation, and more.
- Outpatient Rehab. Outpatient care allows you to live at home and continue to work or attend school as you get treatment. You’ll attend therapy a few hours a week. Outpatient rehab is often a follow-up once you graduate from inpatient rehab as well.
- Intensive Outpatient Programs (IOP). IOPs are outpatient programs that offer more support than the traditional outpatient approach. You’ll attend more hours of treatment during the week and have a stronger level of support, but you’ll still live at home.
- Partial Hospitalization Programs (PHP). A Partial Hospitalization Program is a full-time treatment option where you still spend the nights at home. PHPs can offer you intensive treatment for 5-6 hours a day at a lower cost than an inpatient facility.
Of course, the best treatment program is the one you finish completely. It’s common to start to feel better partway through, but your new habits have not fully set in yet. If you leave early, you’re more likely to fall back into your old ways of living and have to start all over again to break free.
Does Ambetter from Nebraska Total Care Cover Mental Health & Co-Occurring Disorder Treatment?
Do you have a mental health diagnosis along with struggling with substance use? If so, you’re not alone. In fact, 50% of those who misuse substances also struggle with mental health, which is known as a co-occurring condition.7, second paragraph
For example, you might struggle with anxiety, depression, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), or attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) alongside substance use.7, second paragraph So, will Ambetter from Nebraska Total Care insurance plans help you get treatment for mental health as well?
Yes, they will. The ACA includes both mental health treatment and substance use treatment in the list of 10 essential benefits.3, fifth bullet What’s important is to use your Ambetter from Nebraska Total Care mental health coverage to get treatment that addresses your mental health and substance use at the same time. Research shows that this type of integrated approach is much more effective than treating only one or the other.8, first paragraph
How Long Does Ambetter from Nebraska Total Care Cover Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab programs?
How long will you be in rehab? We hear that question often, and the answer depends on the specific treatment plan you created with your doctor.
However, studies show that most people need at least 90 days to make a significant change in their substance use and other habits, which is why most treatment programs are at least 3months long.9, fifth point
The amount Ambetter from Nebraska Total Care rehab coverage pays for will vary depending on your specific plan, so be sure to verify your insurance by calling the phone number on the back of your insurance card or by contacting American Addiction Centers (AAC) online or by phone. Our admissions navigators can review your insurance coverage in just a few minutes while we’re talking to you and can also answer any questions you may have about rehab.
You deserve a life free of substance use, so don’t worry about how long the program lasts. Whatever treatment is right for you will help you create new habits and ways of thinking so you can break free of substance use for good.
What if my Ambetter from Nebraska Total Care policy does not cover an Inpatient drug rehab program?
As you review the treatment programs available to you, you might find that your insurance plan will only cover some of the cost, leaving you to pay the rest. Or perhaps the treatment program you’re most interested in isn’t covered by your Ambetter from Nebraska Total Care mental health plan at all.
Don’t let these factors stop you from getting the treatment you need. The truth is that there are many ways to pay for treatment, and insurance is only part of the solution. Some treatment centers also have scholarships, or you may be able to set up a payment plan.
Some people decide to get a personal loan or borrow money from friends and family. Once they complete treatment, they expect to be in a far better place in terms of health, focus, and productivity, which will help them handle their financial obligations.
The key is not to delay your treatment. There’s never a perfect time to go to rehab, and substance use has serious long-term legal and physical consequences. Getting the help you need before it’s too late is important.
Ambetter from Nebraska Total Care In-Network vs. Out-of-Network Inpatient Drug Rehab Centers
You may hear about in-network and out-of-network centers as you learn more about different treatment centers and how you can use your Ambetter from Nebraska Total Care Insurance drug treatment coverage. What does that mean?
All insurance companies make agreements with specific doctors and specialists—the provider will charge plan members less, and the plan will encourage members to go to that doctor.10, p. 1 What’s a Provider Network The providers who make this agreement become part of the insurance plan’s network.10, p. 1 What’s a Provider Network
Because these providers charge a lower price to plan members, you can pay less out-of-pocket when using those doctors and treatment centers.10, p. 2, Why do some plans… However, many insurance plans don’t offer much, if any, coverage for out-of-network providers.10, p. 2, Why do some plans… That may mean you have to pay the full cost of your treatment.
If you want to maximize your Ambetter from Nebraska Total Care Insurance rehab coverage, focus on in-network treatment centers when possible. If you want to attend a rehab that’s not in the network, you may have to get more creative in how you pay for treatment.
What Rehab Centers Take Ambetter Insurance?
American Addiction Centers (AAC) has various rehab facilities around the country that provide drug and alcohol addiction treatment. If you have a Ambetter insurance plan, the following AAC facilities accept Ambetter for drug and alcohol addiction rehab.
- Greenhouse Treatment Center: Located in Grand Prairie, Texas, Greenhouse offers individualized treatment plans and many levels of care including detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and tele-health, all in a luxurious setting with high-end amenities.
- Oxford Treatment Center: Located in Etta, Mississippi, Oxford offers gender-specific rehab while offering an opportunity to connect with nature and try new activities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, inpatient and outpatient treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health, all with individualized treatment programs.
- Recovery First Treatment Center: Located in Hollywood, Florida, Recovery First treats substance use disorders by combining evidence-based therapeutic modalities with top-level care. Recovery First provides a personalized continuum of care including detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and telehealth.
- River Oaks Treatment Center: Located in Riverview, Florida, River Oaks treats substance use disorders through combining evidence-based therapies with world-class amenities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, behavioral disorder treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, outpatient services, and telehealth, all with individualized treatment programs.
There are various treatment programs for individuals struggling with drug or alcohol addiction, so don’t give up if the first program you check out doesn’t meet your individual needs. There are rehabs near me that can provide the treatment you need. Check out the directory to find a list of facilities and programs. You can search by location and filter by Ambetter insurance.
How Can I Check My Ambetter from Nebraska Total Care Coverage for Inpatient Drug Rehab Centers in Nebraska?
If you’re ready to break free of substance use, the first step is to review your Ambetter from Nebraska Total Care insurance plan, so you know what to expect. You can call the number on the insurance card or contact AAC 24/7 by phone or online.
You deserve a happier, healthier life that isn’t threatened by substance use. There are a variety of high-quality substance use treatment centers available, and we can help you take the first steps. Contact us today.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. (2020). Behavioral health barometer, Nebraska.
- Ambetter from Nebraska Total Care. (2022). About our plans.
- Healthcare.gov. (n.d.). What Marketplace health insurance plans cover
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2020, August 20). Commonly Used Drugs Charts.
- Findtreatment.gov (2019, October). Treatment Options.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2014). Principles of Adolescent Substance Use Disorder Treatment: A Research-Based Guide: Treatment Settings.
- National Institute of Mental Health. (n.d.). Substance Use and Co-Occurring Mental Disorders.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2020, April). What are the treatments for comorbid substance use disorder and mental health conditions?
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2018, January). Principles of Effective Treatment.
- Marketplace.gov (2021, May). What you should know about provider networks.
- Insurance Provider Name
- Policy Member's Full Name
- Policy Membership/Subscriber ID
Check your rehab coverage
American Addiction Centers' locations
Guides for other health insurance providers
- 1199SEIU Funds
- APS Healthcare
- Aetna Insurance
- Ambetter Insurance
- American Family Insurance
- Amerigroup Insurance
- Amerihealth Insurance
- Anthem BlueCross California
- Anthem Insurance
- Assurant Health Insurance
- Beacon Health
- Behavioral Healthcare
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Shield of California
- Cigna Insurance
- Community Health Choice
- Cooks Children’s Health Plan
- Emblem Health
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Exclusive Care
- Federal Blue Cross Blue Shield
- First Care
- First Health
- Florida Blue (BCBS Florida)
- GEHA Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Harvard Pilgrim
- Health Net
- Health Plan of Nevada
- Horizon BCBS
- Humana Health Insurance