SilverSummit Healthplan Nevada (Ambetter) Insurance Coverage for Drug and Alcohol Addiction Rehab Treatment
If you have coverage through SilverSummit Healthplan Nevada (Ambetter), you might be eligible to receive some level of coverage for drug and alcohol addiction treatment. All SilverSummit Healthplan Nevada (Ambetter) plans include coverage for outpatient care, therapy services, hospitalization, mental health, and substance use care.1, Mental and Behavioral Health Services That means that if you are struggling with a substance use disorder, you can use your insurance to cover the cost of getting treatment.
However, while SilverSummit Healthplan Nevada (Ambetter) provides coverage for substance use treatment, it doesn’t mean it covers every rehab facility in Nevada. Currently, according to the Ambetter provider locator search tool, 26 in-network substance abuse and rehabilitation providers in Nevada accept SilverSummit Healthplan Nevada (Ambetter).2, Search for Nevada state and substance abuse and rehabilitation
If you choose out-of-network providers, your insurance will likely not cover these services. In addition, expenses for these services are covered if medically necessary and may be subject to prior authorization.
Nonetheless, you need to check your insurance coverage directly with the rehab facility you’re considering to know whether your SilverSummit Healthplan Nevada (Ambetter) insurance plan will be accepted at a particular facility. Alternatively, you can call the number on the back of your insurance card to get assistance with your plan’s coverage.
What is SilverSummit Healthplan Nevada (Ambetter)?
SilverSummit Healthplan Nevada (Ambetter) is a managed care organization that provides Medicaid services to Nevada residents.3, Second paragraph However, to offer non-Medicaid services, SilverSummit Healthplan partners with Ambetter.3 SilverSummit Healthplan Nevada (Ambetter) is owned by the Centene Corporation, an organization that focuses on managing government-sponsored health insurance companies.4, by the numbers section
By combining SilverSummit Healthplan Medicaid and Ambetter plans, they provide coverage to over 77,500 members across Nevada.5, last paragraph Currently, SilverSummit Healthplan Nevada (Ambetter) provides coverage in the following counties:5, the list
- Carson City
- White Pine
SilverSummit Healthplan Nevada (Ambetter) has 4 main plans to choose from:6, Our health plans
- Ambetter Value Plan. Available only in Clark and Nye Counties. This is the lowest-priced plan. It requires a referral to see any specialists, including drug specialists or counselors.
- Ambetter Essential Care Plan (Bronze). This plan provides coverage for all essential health needs, which includes substance use treatment.
- Ambetter Balanced Care Plan (Silver). This plan provides fewer out-of-pocket expenses and offers comprehensive coverage for substance use treatment.
- Ambetter Secure Care Plan (Gold). This plan offers the highest level of coverage, including rehab treatment services.
What Substance Addiction Does SilverSummit Healthplan Nevada (Ambetter) Cover?
SilverSummit Healthplan Nevada (Ambetter) provides rehab coverage for a range of addictions. This is primarily due to the Affordable Care Act, which requires that mental health and substance use be considered essential health benefits.7, main header So, whether you’re struggling with alcohol, cocaine, crystal meth, opioids, marijuana, or prescription drug abuse problems, you can use your insurance to get the help you need to get better.
What Does SilverSummit Healthplan Nevada (Ambetter) Insurance Cover in Addiction Treatment?
SilverSummit Healthplan Nevada (Ambetter) rehab coverage includes a wide range of services. The specific level of coverage will depend on your insurance policy. Nonetheless, you may be eligible for 1 or more of the following addiction treatment options:8, treatment settings
- Inpatient or residential rehab. Inpatient rehab programs involve live-in care anywhere from a few weeks to a couple of months to help people safely withdraw from substance use, learn coping mechanisms, and address other mental health issues in therapy.
- Outpatient rehab and therapy. Outpatient rehab programs are a more flexible approach that involves attending regular counseling sessions at a rehab facility while living independently. Outpatient rehab programs require patients to attend treatment for approximately 10–12 hours per week.
- Intensive outpatient programs (IOP). Intensive outpatient programs are a mix of inpatient and outpatient care. It involves attending counseling and therapy at a rehab facility for a minimum of 9 hours per week while patients go home at night. IOP facilities require patients to attend treatment at least 4–6 days a week for approximately 3–4 hours each day.
- Partial hospitalization program (PHP). A similar program structure to intensive outpatient programs but with care connected to a hospital or clinic to assist in detoxification and other medical or psychiatric crises.
Does SilverSummit Healthplan Nevada (Ambetter) Cover Mental Health & Co-Occurring Disorder Treatment?
Many people with substance use disorders are also diagnosed with mental health disorders and vice versa.9, first paragraph About half of those who experience a mental illness in their lives will also experience a substance use disorder.9 The level of coverage provided by SilverSummit Healthplan Nevada (Ambetter) for co-occurring disorder treatment will vary depending on the specific plan you have.
A person with co-occurring mental health and substance use disorder is more likely to relapse.9, second paragraph Because of this, it’s best to treat co-occurring disorders through a dual diagnosis program
The Affordable Care Act also requires all insurance providers—including SilverSummit Healthplan Nevada (Ambetter)—to offer coverage for co-occurring disorder treatments.7 In addition, the Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act (MHPAEA) requires health insurance providers to include benefits for mental health treatments in the same way coverage is provided for medical care.10, introduction Both co-occurring disorder treatment and standalone drug rehab fall under this mandate.
As a SilverSummit Healthplan Nevada (Ambetter) member, you can rest assured that your insurance plan will at the very least provide some level of coverage for in-network co-occurring disorder treatment, including dual diagnosis treatments that address mental health and substance abuse disorders simultaneously.
How Long Does SilverSummit Healthplan Nevada (Ambetter) Cover Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab Programs?
The length of SilverSummit Healthplan Nevada (Ambetter) coverage depends on your specific plan and individual needs. Each plan has a different tier of coverage that mandates how long it provides coverage for particular services. According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, alcohol and drug rehab programs that last over 90 days have the best outcomes.11, first paragraph
However, depending on your plan, your SilverSummit Healthplan Nevada (Ambetter) insurance may not cover all inpatient drug rehab program costs. To determine how long your SilverSummit Healthplan Nevada (Ambetter) policy will cover rehab services, check your welcome package’s Schedule of Benefits file to plan.
It’s also best to call the number on the back of your card to fully understand your level and length of coverage for substance abuse treatment services. Keep in mind doctor recommendations, policy plans, and other factors may play a role in determining the length of coverage.
Another option is to call our Helpline Information at to verify your insurance information and understand the coverage schedule.
What If My SilverSummit Healthplan Nevada (Ambetter) Policy Does Not Cover an Inpatient Drug Rehab Program?
In the case that your SilverSummit Healthplan Nevada (Ambetter) doesn’t provide coverage for inpatient drug rehab programs, please know there are other options. There are different financing options available from rehab facilities that could help you pay for treatment. Many states also offer scholarship options and funding for low-income residents needing addiction treatment. Furthermore, some facilities offer payment plans and discounts for various forms of payment.
No matter what, don’t put off treatment for later. There are many ways to work around financial barriers to get the treatment that can help you get the life-saving treatment you need.
SilverSummit Healthplan Nevada (Ambetter) In-Network vs. Out-of-Network Inpatient Drug Rehab Centers
A provider network is a list of doctors, healthcare providers, hospitals, and facilities that a plan contracts to provide medical care to its members.12, what’s a provider network These providers are called in-network providers because they often have agreements to offer discounted rates for their services. A provider that isn’t contracted by that plan is called an out-of-network provider.12
To ensure you receive coverage for the treatment you need, choosing a rehab facility and provider that’s in-network is critical. That means SilverSummit Healthplan Nevada (Ambetter) negotiated rates with the facility and offered guaranteed coverage.
For the network year 2022, at least 26 in-network providers are offering substance use and rehabilitation services in Nevada, accepting SilverSummit Healthplan (Ambetter).2 Likewise, 5 providers with a specialty in substance use and rehabilitation accept Ambetter Value plans in Nevada.2, search Ambetter value plan network
Keep in mind that out-of-network facilities might still be covered. However, the level of coverage cannot be guaranteed. If you choose an out-of-network provider, you’re responsible for whatever your insurance company doesn’t cover.
Before agreeing on a program or facility, try calling the rehab center you’re considering to ensure they’re in-network. You can also check your insurance coverage to get an idea of the level of coverage and if there will be any expected out-of-pocket expenses. For a complete list of in-network facilities, you can call the number on the back of your insurance card.
What Rehab Centers Take Ambetter Insurance?
American Addiction Centers (AAC) has various rehab facilities around the country that provide drug and alcohol addiction treatment. If you have a Ambetter insurance plan, the following AAC facilities accept Ambetter for drug and alcohol addiction rehab.
- Greenhouse Treatment Center: Located in Grand Prairie, Texas, Greenhouse offers individualized treatment plans and many levels of care including detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and tele-health, all in a luxurious setting with high-end amenities.
- Oxford Treatment Center: Located in Etta, Mississippi, Oxford offers gender-specific rehab while offering an opportunity to connect with nature and try new activities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, inpatient and outpatient treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health, all with individualized treatment programs.
- Recovery First Treatment Center: Located in Hollywood, Florida, Recovery First treats substance use disorders by combining evidence-based therapeutic modalities with top-level care. Recovery First provides a personalized continuum of care including detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and telehealth.
- River Oaks Treatment Center: Located in Riverview, Florida, River Oaks treats substance use disorders through combining evidence-based therapies with world-class amenities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, behavioral disorder treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, outpatient services, and telehealth, all with individualized treatment programs.
There are various treatment programs for individuals struggling with drug or alcohol addiction, so don’t give up if the first program you check out doesn’t meet your individual needs. There are rehabs near me that can provide the treatment you need. Check out the directory to find a list of facilities and programs. You can search by location and filter by Ambetter insurance.
How Can I Check My SilverSummit Healthplan Nevada (Ambetter) Coverage for Inpatient Drug Rehab Centers in Nevada?
Checking your insurance coverage is easy. You can call the number on the back of your insurance card to learn more about your benefits. American Addiction Centers (AAC) has rehab facilities around the country providing top-notch drug and alcohol addiction treatment services. If you have a SilverSummit Healthplan Nevada (Ambetter), the following AAC facility accepts Ambetter for drug and alcohol addiction rehab in Nevada.
Desert Hope Treatment Center. Desert Hope specializes in individualized care rehab programs located in Las Vegas, Nevada. This facility offers continuum care services, including detox, residential treatment, co-occurring treatment, intensive outpatient, and telehealth services.
For those looking to attend rehab services out-of-state, American Addiction Centers has leading addiction treatment facilities in California, Texas, Mississippi, Florida, New Jersey, and Massachusetts. Learn more about finding a rehab program near you to get the treatment you need to get better.
If you’re still uncertain about the level of coverage provided by your SilverSummit Healthplan Nevada (Ambetter) plan, American Addiction Centers (AAC) can help. A helpful admissions navigator can help you understand your plan’s coverage and see what services you qualify for. You can also verify your insurance coverage online or over the phone to get answers immediately.
Just over 9,100 people were admitted to Nevada in 2019 for substance abuse problems.13, figure 54 page 41 While it’s challenging to know how many of those patients have SilverSummit Healthplan Nevada (Ambetter), only 10% of adults in Nevada are uninsured.13, table 16 page 75
Our Desert Hope Treatment Center in Nevada offers evidence-based therapies to help you recover from substance use. With the help of our staff, you can finally start getting the help you need to leave addiction behind you. Contact AAC at today to speak with an admissions navigator and learn more about our rehab facilities in Nevada accepting SilverSummit Healthplan Nevada (Ambetter).
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Ambetter the same as SilverSummit Healthplan?
Ambetter from SilverSummit Healthplan is a partnership that offers affordable healthcare plans in Nevada through the Nevada Health Insurance Marketplace.
Does SilverSummit Healthplan Nevada (Ambetter) require prior authorization?
SilverSummit Healthplan Nevada (Ambetter) requires prior authorization for:
- Receiving a service or supply from an out-of-network provider.
- Admission into an in-network facility by a non-network provider.
- Obtaining a service or supply from an in-network provider to which you were referred to a non-network provider.
Is SilverSummit Healthplan Nevada (Ambetter) part of Medicare?
SilverSummit Healthplan Nevada (Ambetter) offers Medicaid plans for Nevada residents. SilverSummit Healthplan provides the same benefits as Medicaid, transportation services, pharmacy benefits, and more.
Does SilverSummit Healthplan Nevada (Ambetter) cover addiction treatment therapy?
SilverSummit Healthplan (Ambetter) insurance benefits cover substance use treatment programs and rehab centers in Nevada. Covered Inpatient and Outpatient mental health and substance use disorder services include:
- Inpatient hospitalization.
- Detoxification treatment.
- Residential treatment.
- Partial hospitalization program (PHP).
- Intensive outpatient program (IOP).
- Individual and group mental health therapy.
- Medication management.
Does SilverSummit Healthplan Nevada (Ambetter) cover the cost of sober living?
SilverSummit Healthplan Nevada (Ambetter) should cover some, if not all, of the cost of rehab and other addiction treatment at a Nevada or out-of-state facility.
Does SilverSummit Healthplan Nevada (Ambetter) cover medication-assisted treatment?
Yes. Part of the mental health and substance use treatment services covered by SilverSummit Healthplan Nevada (Ambetter) include medication management services and medication-assisted treatment, which combines behavioral therapy and medications to treat substance use disorders.
- Ambetter from SilverSummit Healthplan. (2021). Ambetter from SilverSummit Healthplan.
- Ambetter Guide. (2022). Providers with a specialty of “substance abuse and rehabilitation.”
- SilverSummit Healthplan. (2022). About us.
- Centene Corporation. (2022). Who we are.
- Cision PR Newswire. (2020, November 4). Ambetter from SilverSummit Healthplan has Nevada residents covered during open enrollment.
- Ambetter from SilverSummit Healthplan. (2022). Ambetter Essential, Balanced and Secure Care plans.
- Healthcare.gov. (n.d.). Mental health & substance abuse coverage.
- Center for Substance Abuse Treatment. (1997). A guide to substance abuse services for primary care clinicians.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2021, April 13). Part 1: The connection between substance use disorders and mental illness.
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. (n.d.). The Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act (MHPAEA).
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2018, January). How long does drug addiction treatment usually last?
- Health Insurance Marketplace. (2022, February). What you should know about provider networks.
- Nevada Department of Health and Human Services, Substance Abuse Prevention and Treatment Agency. (2020, December). 2020 epidemiologic profile.