Ambetter From Sunflower Health Plan Insurance Coverage for Rehab and Detox
Ambetter From Sunflower Health Plan Insurance Coverage for Drug and Alcohol Addiction Rehab Treatment
Ambetter From Sunflower Health Plan covered Alcohol and Drug rehab centers in Kansas
Like many states, Kansas residents struggle with substance use. Between 2017 and 2019, 14.4% of Kansas residents over age 12 admitted to using marijuana in the past year, and 5% struggled with alcohol use disorder.1, p. 25 and 31, second paragraph on both People may not want to talk about substance misuse, but it’s a more common problem than many realize.
If you’re struggling with substance use and you have insurance through the Ambetter From Sunflower Health Plan, you might wonder if your insurance can help you pay for the treatment you need to break free.
The good news is that your Ambetter From Sunflower Health Plan insurance can help you pay some or all of the cost of insurance. Coverage will vary depending on your plan, so be sure to call the phone number on your insurance card to find out the necessary details.
Here’s how you can maximize your Ambetter coverage in Kansas when you’re looking for rehab treatment.
What is Ambetter From Sunflower Health Plan?
Ambetter From Sunflower Health offers health insurance plans in the Kansas insurance marketplace.2, first section There are 3 plan levels—bronze has lower monthly payments and higher out-of-pocket costs, gold has higher monthly payments and lower out-of-pocket costs, and silver is in the middle.2, second section
Ambetter covers all of the required health benefits listed in the Affordable Care Act (ACA).2, You’re covered on… The ACA requires all long-term health insurance plans to cover 10 essential health benefits, and one of them is mental health and substance use treatment.3, fifth bullet
As a result, you can have confidence that Ambetter From Sunflower Health Plan healthcare plans will pay at least some of the costs of the treatment you need to break free from substance use. It’s important to know exactly what your insurance will cover before you commit to a treatment program, so be sure to call the number on the back of your insurance card or contact American Addiction Centers (AAC) online or by phone. Our admissions navigators can review your insurance in just a few minutes so you know what to expect.
What Substance Addiction Does Ambetter From Sunflower Health Plan Cover?
Misusing substances can have significant consequences for both your health and behavior.4, first paragraph Despite this, many people still misuse a variety of substances, including heroin, meth, opioids, marijuana, alcohol, cocaine, and prescription drugs.4, bulleted list
Fortunately, you can get treatment for any of the above drugs and many others. Substance use treatment programs work best when they are tailored to your individual needs. Be sure you work closely with your doctor to review your substance use and determine the right plan for your needs.
Once you have a treatment plan in place, you can set yourself up for success by committing to seeing it all the way through.
What does Ambetter From Sunflower Health Plan Insurance cover in addiction treatment?
A doctor will help you find the right treatment plan for your needs by asking a variety of questions about what substances you use, how long you’ve used them, and how often you use. The doctor will also ask about your use triggers, social support, and home environment.
While the right plan is different for each person, here are some of the most common treatment options:5,6
- Inpatient Rehab. Inpatient treatment is a program that provides around-the-clock care to individuals who are struggling with addiction. Patients enrolled in inpatient treatment reside at the treatment facility and receive intensive therapy and support from staff members.
- Outpatient Rehab. Outpatient care doesn’t require you to live at a facility and can include a variety of different services, such as individual and group therapy, medication management, and aftercare planning. It can be helpful for those who want to work or attend school during treatment.
- Intensive Outpatient Programs (IOP). Intensive Outpatient Programs (IOPs) are a specific type of substance use treatment that provide more services than traditional outpatient programs. IOPs offer multiple group therapy sessions per week, as well as individual counseling and other services.
- Partial Hospitalization Programs (PHP). PHPs provide intensive full-time treatment but you are able to go home each evening. If you need significant support, a PHP may be a less-expensive alternative to an inpatient program.
Once you have the right treatment plan, it’s essential to see it through to graduation. It’s common to feel better partway through a program, but you’re likely not quite ready to go back into regular daily life. By completely finishing your program, you’ll give yourself the best chance to make a long-term change in your life.
Does Ambetter From Sunflower Health Plan Cover Mental Health & Co-Occurring Disorder Treatment?
Mental health battles are another health condition that has a lot of stigma around them but is surprisingly common. In fact, 50% of those with substance use issues also have a mental health diagnosis, which is known as a co-occurring disorder.7, second paragraph
What’s important is to treat both your mental health and your substance use at the same time, instead of only one or the other. Studies have shown that integrated treatment is much more effective and can help you get completely free more quickly.8, first paragraph
Fortunately, Ambetter From Sunflower Health Plan insurance plans cover both mental health treatment and substance use rehab, because both are required essential health benefits in the ACA.3, fifth bullet So you can look into getting your Ambetter From Sunflower Health Plan mental health insurance to cover a coordinated treatment plan at a high-quality facility.
How Long Does Ambetter From Sunflower Health Plan Cover Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab Programs?
Many people wonder how long rehab will be. While the treatment plan will be different for each person, research shows that most people need at least 90 days to make a significant difference in their substance use.9, fifth point That’s why most rehab programs are at least 3 months long.
Your insurance plan will focus on covering medically necessary, effective treatment programs, which is why it’s so important to work with your doctor to create an approach that will work for you. You might need longer than 90 days depending on your substance use history.
Each plan is different, so be sure to verify your coverage by calling the number on your insurance card or by contacting AAC. If you find that your insurance plan will not cover all of the cost of your treatment, don’t let that stop you from getting the length of program you need. There are a variety of options for covering the out-of-pocket costs of rehab.
What if my Ambetter From Sunflower Health Plan policy does not cover an Inpatient drug rehab program?
What options do you have if you find that your Ambetter From Sunflower Health Plan insurance coverage won’t cover the full cost of your treatment? Or maybe you’ve discovered that the treatment program you’re most interested in isn’t covered by Ambetter From Sunflower Health Plan rehab coverage.
Don’t let this stop you from getting the treatment you need. There are a variety of ways to pay for rehab, and insurance is only part of the picture. For example, some treatment centers offer scholarships, or you might be able to set up a payment plan for your portion of the cost.
Some people are able to get a personal loan or borrow money from family and friends. However you get there, completing a treatment program will make you happier, healthier, and much more able to manage your finances to pay back your obligations.
Getting help matters—and it’s important to do so before you suffer long-term health or legal consequences from substance use. You’re worth it.
Ambetter From Sunflower Health Plan In-Network vs. Out-of-Network Inpatient Drug Rehab Centers
When you verify your insurance coverage and start looking at treatment programs, you might hear the phrases “in-network” and “out-of-network.” What does that mean?
All insurance plans make agreements with specific doctors and specialists to provide treatment to their members for a lower cost.10, p. 1 What’s a Provider Network Those professionals then become the insurance plan’s provider network.10, p. 1 What’s a Provider Network
When you use providers and treatment centers that are in-network for the insurance plan, you’ll pay less out of your own pocket.10, p. 2, Why do some plans… In fact, you might find that there is no coverage from Ambetter for any treatment center that isn’t in-network, so you’ll have to pay the full amount yourself.10, p. 2, Why do some plans… That means that if you want to save money and maximize your Ambetter From Sunflower Health Plan behavioral health benefits, you should focus on in-network treatment centers. Fortunately, there are many high-quality options to choose from. If you do have to pay out-of-pocket, you can take advantage of the variety of other options available to pay for rehab.
What Rehab Centers Take Ambetter Insurance?
American Addiction Centers (AAC) has various rehab facilities around the country that provide drug and alcohol addiction treatment. If you have a Ambetter insurance plan, the following AAC facilities accept Ambetter for drug and alcohol addiction rehab.
- Greenhouse Treatment Center: Located in Grand Prairie, Texas, Greenhouse offers individualized treatment plans and many levels of care including detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and tele-health, all in a luxurious setting with high-end amenities.
- Oxford Treatment Center: Located in Etta, Mississippi, Oxford offers gender-specific rehab while offering an opportunity to connect with nature and try new activities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, inpatient and outpatient treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health, all with individualized treatment programs.
- Recovery First Treatment Center: Located in Hollywood, Florida, Recovery First treats substance use disorders by combining evidence-based therapeutic modalities with top-level care. Recovery First provides a personalized continuum of care including detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and telehealth.
- River Oaks Treatment Center: Located in Riverview, Florida, River Oaks treats substance use disorders through combining evidence-based therapies with world-class amenities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, behavioral disorder treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, outpatient services, and telehealth, all with individualized treatment programs.
There are various treatment programs for individuals struggling with drug or alcohol addiction, so don’t give up if the first program you check out doesn’t meet your individual needs. There are rehabs near me that can provide the treatment you need. Check out the directory to find a list of facilities and programs. You can search by location and filter by Ambetter insurance.
How Can I Check My Ambetter From Sunflower Health Plan Coverage for Inpatient Drug Rehab Centers in Kansas?
Getting the treatment you need is the beginning of a happier, healthier life. To find out how much Ambetter From Sunflower Health Plan Insurance substance abuse treatment coverage your plan offers, you can call the phone number on the back of your card or contact us at AAC.
We are available 24/7 online or over the phone, and our Admissions Navigators can verify your coverage in just a few minutes while chatting with you. We can also answer any questions you have about rehab.
You deserve a life that’s free of substance use. Take the first step today and contact us.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. (2020). Behavioral health barometer, Kansas.
- Ambetter from Sunflower Health. (2022). About our plans.
- Healthcare.gov. (n.d.). What Marketplace health insurance plans cover
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2020, August 20). Commonly used drugs charts.
- Findtreatment.gov (2019, October). Treatment options.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2014). Principles of Adolescent Substance Use Disorder Treatment: A Research-Based Guide: Treatment settings.
- National Institute of Mental Health. (n.d.). Substance use and co-occurring mental disorders.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2020, April). What are the treatments for comorbid substance use disorder and mental health conditions?
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2018, January). Principles of effective treatment.
- Marketplace.gov (2021, May). What you should know about provider networks.
- Insurance Provider Name
- Policy Member's Full Name
- Policy Membership/Subscriber ID
Check your Ambetter From Sunflower Health Plan rehab coverage
American Addiction Centers' locations
Guides for other health insurance providers
- 1199SEIU Funds
- APS Healthcare
- Aetna Insurance
- Ambetter Insurance
- American Family Insurance
- Amerigroup Insurance
- Amerihealth Insurance
- Anthem BlueCross California
- Anthem Insurance
- Assurant Health Insurance
- Beacon Health
- Behavioral Healthcare
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Shield of California
- Cigna Insurance
- Community Health Choice
- Cooks Children’s Health Plan
- Emblem Health
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Exclusive Care
- Federal Blue Cross Blue Shield
- First Care
- First Health
- Florida Blue (BCBS Florida)
- GEHA Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Harvard Pilgrim
- Health Net
- Health Plan of Nevada
- Horizon BCBS
- Humana Health Insurance