Ambetter of North Carolina Covered Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers in North Carolina
Ambetter of North Carolina is part of the broad range of Marketplace plans.1 As a result, it provides members with Essential Health Benefits that include a variety of services, including mental health and substance misuse treatment.1 So, if you are dealing with any type of drug or alcohol misuse issue, check with the Ambetter of North Carolina healthcare plans to determine the extent of your coverage.
To simplify the process, you can contact an Ambetter of North Carolina Insurance rehab center and find out more information about your coverage and ask that they verify your insurance for you. If you prefer, you can also call the number on the back of your insurance card.
What Is Ambetter of North Carolina?
Ambetter of North Carolina Inc. provides health insurance to residents in North Carolina.2 Specifically, it is a health plan issuer of the North Carolina Marketplace Health plans.2
Ambetter of North Carolina insurance plans are managed by Centene Corporation, which has been around for over 30 years and is listed as a Fortune 500 company.2
Ambetter of North Carolina offers 3 types of insurance plans, which include:3
- Bronze level, Ambetter Essential Care.
- Silver level, Ambetter Balanced Care.
- Gold level, Ambetter Secure Care.
Each Ambetter of North Carolina insurance level offers a different level of services and premiums. You can contact your healthcare provider to find out the exact details of what your tier of coverage will pay for.
Members with an Ambetter of North Carolina insurance plan will have coverage in the following areas:4
What Substance Addiction Does Ambetter of North Carolina Cover?
There are many types of substances that people engage in taking and that require treatment. You can contact the rehab facility to determine if the substance you are working to recover from is treated at the facility.
Since your Ambetter of North Carolina insurance coverage includes the Essential Health Benefits for substance abuse, you can receive treatment for the substance you need help with. Some common substances people misuse include:5
- Prescription painkiller.
What Does Ambetter of North Carolina Insurance Cover in Addiction Treatment?
Beginning an Ambetter of North Carolina rehab coverage program will be the first in many steps along the recovery pathway. Your insurance tier may determine how much and what type of treatments you may be covered. It’s important to discuss a treatment plan with a care provider first so that you can verify your insurance.
The type of treatment programs you will participate in depends on what your needs are and where you are on the journey. Rehab treatment programs are arranged in a step-down fashion, going from a more intensive type of program to the least intensive care. Your Ambetter of North Carolina drug coverage plan may pay for the following services:
- Inpatient treatment program. An inpatient treatment program can be thought of as a starting point for many patients. It offers a residential setting that provides patients with a place to stay overnight while participating in a full day of therapy and drug rehab treatment. This setting offers a comfortable and safe environment to go through withdrawal. 6(inpatient)
- Partial hospitalization program (PHP). The next step down for some patients is a PHP. This program gives patients a full day of therapeutic treatment, but the person will return to their own home at night. 7(partial)
- Intensive outpatient program (IOP). As patients become more adept at navigating life without substances, they may be ready for an outpatient program such as IOP. This is a robust program that entails several hours and days of therapy a week. 6(outpatient)
- Outpatient treatment program and therapy: Finally, the patient may be ready for a standard outpatient treatment program. This consists of going to therapy once a week. 6(outpatient)
Does Ambetter of North Carolina Cover Mental Health & Co-Occurring Disorder Treatment?
A co-occurring disorder consists of a mental health and substance misuse disorder occurring simultaneously. 8(top) These co-occurring disorders can involve any type of mental illness and any substance.8 For example, a patient may have anxiety disorder and cocaine addiction.
Co-occurring disorders are common among people with substance misuse issues. So, it is a good idea to get an assessment for any mental health disorders. It is recommended that patients treat the 2 conditions together as opposed to treating them separately.8 You can access your Ambetter of North Carolina mental health plan for co-occurring disorder treatment.
Since Ambetter of North Carolina rehab coverage is part of Marketplace Health plans, it falls within the mandates of the Affordable Care Act. These Marketplace Health plans are mandated to provide Essential Benefits that include mental health and substance abuse services.9 The amount that you may have to pay out of pocket will depend on the tier level you have. You can check with your insurance company for more information.
How Long Does Ambetter of North Carolina Cover Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab programs?
You may be wondering what the length of stay your Ambetter of North Carolina behavioral health plan will cover. You’ll need to determine what treatment program you will be going to participate in. Then you can check your insurance level to find out if there are co-pays or deductibles after a certain amount of time in rehab.
You can also speak to an admissions navigator about the length of time that you may need to be in an inpatient facility. Experts say that staying for 3 months is the minimum amount that someone should stay for substance misuse treatment.10
What if My Ambetter of North Carolina Policy Does Not Cover an Inpatient Drug Rehab Program?
If you are concerned about your Ambetter of North Carolina Insurance drug treatment plan not covering an inpatient drug rehab or not covering all the time you need in one, you can check out other options. Some Ambetter of North Carolina Insurance drug treatment providers will offer financial aid, grants, or scholarships for those who don’t have the funds to pay for treatment.
Don’t let this bump in the road stop you from seeking help from one of the Ambetter of North Carolina Insurance drug treatment programs. Reach out to an Ambetter of North Carolina helpline for more details.
Ambetter of North Carolina In-Network vs. Out-of-Network Inpatient Drug Rehab Centers
Some providers are classified as in-network with Ambetter of North Carolina covered plans, while others are out-of-network. An in-network provider works with the insurance provider to reach a negotiated rate, with savings that get passed down to the patients. You can save money when you work with an in-network provider. You will have fewer costs to pay because you choose a provider that was contracted with the insurance company.
If you go to an out-of-network provider, you will have to pay additional funds for services.
What Rehab Centers Take Ambetter Insurance?
American Addiction Centers (AAC) has various rehab facilities around the country that provide drug and alcohol addiction treatment. If you have a Ambetter insurance plan, the following AAC facilities accept Ambetter for drug and alcohol addiction rehab.
- Greenhouse Treatment Center: Located in Grand Prairie, Texas, Greenhouse offers individualized treatment plans and many levels of care including detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and tele-health, all in a luxurious setting with high-end amenities.
- Oxford Treatment Center: Located in Etta, Mississippi, Oxford offers gender-specific rehab while offering an opportunity to connect with nature and try new activities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, inpatient and outpatient treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health, all with individualized treatment programs.
- Recovery First Treatment Center: Located in Hollywood, Florida, Recovery First treats substance use disorders by combining evidence-based therapeutic modalities with top-level care. Recovery First provides a personalized continuum of care including detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and telehealth.
- River Oaks Treatment Center: Located in Riverview, Florida, River Oaks treats substance use disorders through combining evidence-based therapies with world-class amenities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, behavioral disorder treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, outpatient services, and telehealth, all with individualized treatment programs.
There are various treatment programs for individuals struggling with drug or alcohol addiction, so don’t give up if the first program you check out doesn’t meet your individual needs. There are rehabs near me that can provide the treatment you need. Check out the directory to find a list of facilities and programs. You can search by location and filter by Ambetter insurance.
How Can I Check My Ambetter of North Carolina Coverage for Inpatient Drug Rehab Centers in North Carolina?
Checking your Ambetter of North Carolina drug coverage is simple and quick. There are multiple Ambetter of North Carolina Insurance rehabilitation centers that provide the services and rehab treatment you need. Taking the first step and reaching out to find 1 of the Ambetter of North Carolina Insurance detox treatment centers nationwide will be a big load off your shoulders. You don’t have to do it alone, either.
At American Addiction Centers (AAC), there is always someone standing by to help verify your insurance coverage. They will be able to give you details about your Ambetter of North Carolina Insurance substance abuse treatment coverage with participating rehabs near you.
AAC has top-rated addiction treatment centers nationwide and can direct you to one around North Carolina. Just call the helpline and speak to an admissions navigator who will verify your benefits right away. You can begin a new path in life today.1
- Ambetter of North Carolina. (2022). Essential health benefits.
- Ambetter of North Carolina. (2022). About us.
- Ambetter of North Carolina. (2022). About our plans.
- Ambetter of North Carolina. (2022). Coverage area map.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2020). Commonly used drugs.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2019). Treatment approaches for drug addiction DrugFacts.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2020). Treatment settings.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2018). Comorbidity: substance use disorders and other mental illnesses drugFacts.
- HealthCare.gov. (n.d.). What marketplace health insurance plans cover.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2020). Principles of effective treatment.