Ambetter of Illinois Covered Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers in Illinois
Ambetter of Illinois covered Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers in Illinois
For people who are dealing with an alcohol or drug addiction issue, Ambetter of Illinois provides coverage that members can access.1(bottom) Its insurance plans all include the Essential Health Benefits offered to Marketplace plans, allowing members to get their basic healthcare needs met. Some of these healthcare provisions include services for mental health and substance use disorders.1(bottom)
If you want more details about your plan’s coverage, you can call the number on the back of your insurance card. Additionally, you can contact the rehab facility and have them verify your insurance benefits for you. They will do that for you while you wait on the phone.
What Is Ambetter of Illinois?
Ambetter of Illinois insurance is part of Centene Corporation, which is a multinational company. Centene has over 30 years of experience and is a Fortune 500 company.2 Ambetter of Illinois delivers healthcare products to its members, providing quality care locally and personably.2 The areas that Ambetter of Illinois covers are:3
- Rock Island.
Members of Ambetter of Illinois insurance coverage will choose from 1 of 3 tier levels when they select their plan. Each tier has different premiums and coverage amounts. You can discuss the specifics of these tiers with your insurance company, but here is a general overview of the plans:1(top)
- Bronze level, Ambetter Essential Care. This level covers your basic needs with a lower monthly premium. You may have higher out-of-pocket costs for certain services.
- Silver level, Ambetter Balanced Care. With the silver level, the member has a bit more to pay in premiums but less out-of-pocket costs when they do receive services.
- Gold level, Ambetter Secure Care. The gold is the top tier and is the costliest, but members won’t have to pay as much for services.
What Substance Addiction Does Ambetter of Illinois Cover?
People may take a variety of substances that become addictive and need treatment to get off. Many synthetic and semi-synthetic substances are sold on the streets, as well as substances that people can get with a prescription. Then there is alcohol that people can buy at the store. Some of the commonly used substances people misuse include:4
- Prescription painkiller.
What Does Ambetter of Illinois Insurance Cover in Addiction Treatment?
Ambetter of Illinois rehab coverage has a range of treatment levels that members may participate in. An admissions navigator can guide you in finding the one that is best for you to begin your journey. You may need to participate in more than one treatment level, as the levels are organized in a step-down way. This can help ease you through the journey of recovery more comfortably.
Your Ambetter of Illinois drug coverage may help pay for some or all of the following drug rehab treatment plans:
- Inpatient rehab treatment program. An inpatient treatment program is often the starting point for many patients who are seeking recovery. This program offers therapeutic services and a residential setting for people to obtain a thorough recovery. With full days of therapy, patients are well on their way to getting through the difficult part of rehab. They will have a support system of doctors and therapists nearby as they undergo treatment. 5(inpatient)
- Partial hospitalization program (PHP). Once a patient has gone through an inpatient program, they may want to enter a PHP. Or some people start with a PHP if their schedule doesn’t permit the overnights that inpatient requires. A PHP is most of the day, but the patient can go home at night. So, they receive many of the same benefits of inpatient rehab. However, they need to have control when they go home at night.6(partial)
- Intensive outpatient program (IOP). If a patient is ready for outpatient therapy, they may want to start with IOP. It is more intensive, allowing them to ease back into the real world. This type of rehab program consists of several hours and days of therapy a week. 5(outpatient)
- Outpatient treatment program and therapy. The last level of rehab is the standard outpatient program. Patients will attend therapy sessions about once a week. 5(outpatient)
Does Ambetter of Illinois Cover Mental Health & Co-Occurring Disorder Treatment?
Co-occurring disorders are quite common in people who are dealing with a substance misuse disorder. 7(top) The substance use disorder often co-occurs with mental illness.
Substance use disorder is classified as a type of mental health disorder. So, when it co-occurs with a mental health disorder, the patient is experiencing 2 mental health conditions simultaneously.7
Experts in the field recommend that patients participate in a rehab treatment program for both substance use and mental health disorders.7 If you are wondering if your Ambetter of Illinois rehab coverage will cover both conditions, you can look to the guidance of the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
Because Ambetter of Illinois insurance is a Marketplace Health plan, it is under the umbrella of the ACA, which means it must adhere to its mandates. One of these mandates is that all providers must cover Essential Benefits that include mental health and substance abuse services.8 The exact amount that will be covered is dependent on your specific policy tier. You can contact your insurance company for more information.
How Long Does Ambetter of Illinois Cover Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab Programs?
Your length of stay at 1 of the Ambetter of Illinois Insurance rehabilitation centers will vary depending on several factors. You can discuss with an admissions navigator how long you may need to be in a treatment rehab. Some factors that could affect the length of stay include how severe your condition is or what substance you were taking. Your Ambetter of Illinois behavioral health plan may cover the duration of your stay, but it will depend on your specific insurance policy and tier level. There may be co-pays and deductibles at some point during the stay.
It’s important to note that professionals recommend that people should stay in an inpatient rehab facility for at least three months for best results.9
What if My Ambetter of Illinois Policy Does Not Cover an Inpatient Drug Rehab Program?
Even if you find out your Ambetter of Illinois Insurance drug treatment plan doesn’t cover all your inpatient rehab treatment, you shouldn’t put off seeking help. Putting it off will only delay your well-being. Instead, check with one of the Ambetter of Illinois Insurance drug treatment providers about their other payment options. Many Ambetter of Illinois Insurance detox treatment nationwide will offer some type of financial aid or scholarship plan for people in need. If you don’t have insurance coverage, inquire about the other financial arrangements that may be available to you.
Ambetter of Illinois In-Network vs. Out-of-Network Inpatient Drug Rehab Centers
When seeking one of the Ambetter of Illinois blue cross rehab facilities, be sure to ask if they are in-network or out-of-network. This will give you an idea about your overall costs. Ambetter of Illinois in-network providers have a contract with the company and will give a negotiated rate.10 The insurance, in turn, passes the rate down to the consumer. So, if you use the in-network providers, you may not have to pay as many out-of-pocket costs.
Ambetter of Illinois out-of-network coverage does not have a contract with the provider. So, you will have to pay more for services.
What Rehab Centers Take Ambetter Insurance?
American Addiction Centers (AAC) has various rehab facilities around the country that provide drug and alcohol addiction treatment. If you have a Ambetter insurance plan, the following AAC facilities accept Ambetter for drug and alcohol addiction rehab.
- Greenhouse Treatment Center: Located in Grand Prairie, Texas, Greenhouse offers individualized treatment plans and many levels of care including detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and tele-health, all in a luxurious setting with high-end amenities.
- Oxford Treatment Center: Located in Etta, Mississippi, Oxford offers gender-specific rehab while offering an opportunity to connect with nature and try new activities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, inpatient and outpatient treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health, all with individualized treatment programs.
- Recovery First Treatment Center: Located in Hollywood, Florida, Recovery First treats substance use disorders by combining evidence-based therapeutic modalities with top-level care. Recovery First provides a personalized continuum of care including detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and telehealth.
- River Oaks Treatment Center: Located in Riverview, Florida, River Oaks treats substance use disorders through combining evidence-based therapies with world-class amenities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, behavioral disorder treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, outpatient services, and telehealth, all with individualized treatment programs.
There are various treatment programs for individuals struggling with drug or alcohol addiction, so don’t give up if the first program you check out doesn’t meet your individual needs. There are rehabs near me that can provide the treatment you need. Check out the directory to find a list of facilities and programs. You can search by location and filter by Ambetter insurance.
How Can I Check My Ambetter of Illinois Coverage for Inpatient Drug Rehab Centers in Illinois?
You can start your journey for a new life by looking into the Ambetter of Illinois Insurance drug treatment programs near you. When you call the Ambetter of Illinois helpline, you can talk to an admissions navigator. They will guide you through the process of finding the appropriate Ambetter of Illinois Insurance substance abuse treatment coverage program.
At American Addiction Centers (AAC), an admissions navigator will verify your insurance coverage for you while you wait on the phone. There are many top-notch AAC treatment centers across the country and around Illinois. When you call AAC, they will provide you with the information about an Ambetter of Illinois drug coverage program near you. Reach out today for more details.
- Ambetter of Illinois. (2022). About our plans.
- Ambetter of Illinois. (2022). About us.
- Ambetter of Illinois. (2022). Coverage area map.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2020). Commonly used drugs.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2019). Treatment approaches for drug addiction DrugFacts.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2020). Treatment settings.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2018). Comorbidity: substance use disorders and other mental illnesses drugFacts.
- HealthCare.gov. (n.d.). What marketplace health insurance plans cover.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2020). Principles of effective treatment.
- Ambetter of Illinois. (2022). Provider network design.
- Insurance Provider Name
- Policy Member's Full Name
- Policy Membership/Subscriber ID