Ambetter from Meridian Covered Alcohol and Drug Rehab centers in Michigan
Ambetter from Meridian healthcare plans provide coverage for alcohol and drug treatment in Michigan for its members.1 Ambetter is a Marketplace Health provider that delivers all the essential services that people may need, including mental health and substance use disorder services.1
To ensure that you have adequate coverage, you can contact the rehab center directly. They will verify your insurance coverage and check for in-network status. You can also look at your insurance card for additional details about your plan and to provide more information to the admissions navigator when you call the rehab facility.
What Is Ambetter from Meridian?
Ambetter from Meridian is managed by Centene Corporation, which is a Health Insurance Marketplace product.2 Centene is a Fortune 500 company that has been managing healthcare for over 30 years.2 Members have a variety of Ambetter from Meridian insurance plans available to them that focus on improving their overall health and making accessing healthcare easy.2
Ambetter from Meridian insurance covers people in Michigan in the following counties:3
- Van Buren
What Substance Addiction Does Ambetter from Meridian Cover?
Ambetter from Meridian rehab coverage will help patients who need to seek treatment for substance addiction. Whatever substance you are currently using, you can receive appropriate Ambetter from Meridian drug coverage treatment.
Some of the commonly reported substances that people use include:4
- Prescription painkiller.
What Does Ambetter from Meridian Insurance Cover in Addiction Treatment?
Seeking one of the Ambetter from Meridian Insurance drug treatment programs may require some assistance from an admissions navigator. There are various levels of drug treatment programs, with each one assisting differently. Your Ambetter from Meridian insurance coverage may help pay for some of these different treatment levels. These include the following:
- Inpatient treatment program: This program is sometimes referred to as a residential treatment program because it provides overnight rehab care. Patients will also have doctors and other support staff with them 24/7. During their time in rehab, patients will participate in therapy sessions and other forms of therapeutic care to help with withdrawal.5(inpatient)
- Partial hospitalization program (PHP): A PHP gives patients a program that is almost like inpatient rehab, but they will go to their homes at night. Patients engage in intensive rehab that includes professional clinicians nearby to guide the recovery process. PHP lasts for most of the day. 6(partial)
- Intensive outpatient program (IOP): During IOP, patients attend a robust regimen of therapy regularly several hours a day, most of the week. This gives them the tools for recovery while still allowing them to maintain some flexibility. 5(outpatient)
- Outpatient treatment program and therapy: An outpatient treatment program works with patients about once or twice a week. People will engage in therapy sessions, such as cognitive-behavioral therapy. 5(outpatient)
Does Ambetter from Meridian Cover Mental Health & Co-Occurring Disorder Treatment?
Co-occurring disorders that consist of mental health and substance misuse disorders are common.7 Sometimes, a person with a mental health condition will turn to substances to calm their symptoms. This is a form of self-medicating.7 Other times, it works the other way, and people with a substance misuse problem will develop mental health issues over time.7 The reason this may occur is that substances can change the function of the brain.7
Treating both of these conditions together if you have a co-occurring disorder is the best course of action. You can do so by using your Ambetter from Meridian mental health coverage along with the Essential Benefits covered by the plan. Since it is a Marketplace Health plan covered by the Affordable Care Act (ACA), it must follow the ACA guidelines.8 This includes providing services and care for both conditions.8 It makes practical sense to seek treatment for problems simultaneously to help prevent a relapse.7
How Long Does Ambetter from Meridian Cover Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab Programs?
It’s common to wonder how long your Ambetter from Meridian Insurance substance use treatment coverage will last. This can help you plan for the proper length of stay, and you can budget for any additional costs that may not be covered by insurance.
Also, if your Ambetter from Meridian Insurance drug treatment coverage pays for a certain number of days and then switches to a percentage of costs, it will be helpful to know that in advance of admissions.
Every policy has specific tier levels, making it difficult to know for sure how long your Ambetter from Meridian Insurance rehab will cover inpatient alcohol and drug rehab. You can inquire with the rehab facility, and they will be able to provide you with additional information about the length of time you would have with your policy.
Most experts recommend that you stay in an inpatient treatment facility for at least 3 months.9
What if My Ambetter from Meridian Policy Does Not Cover an Inpatient Drug Rehab Program?
What should you do if you find out that your Ambetter from Meridian behavioral health doesn’t cover an inpatient drug rehab program? Or it doesn’t cover all the costs associated with the program. Maybe it covers a shorter stay than you need. In this case, check with the rehab treatment center for financial aid options.
Many facilities will have scholarships and grants that can help defray costs for patients in need. There may be a sliding scale fee that brings the cost down for some individuals. It never hurts to ask what financial payment options they have. You don’t want to delay seeking rehab due to the cost of rehab. You will be able to find a way to get the treatment you need.
Ambetter from Meridian In-Network vs. Out-of-Network Inpatient Drug Rehab Centers
Ambetter from Meridian in-network and out-of-network coverage will have an impact on how much out-of-pocket costs you pay.10 An in-network provider has a negotiated contract with the insurance company, and Ambetter will pass down those savings, allowing members to receive services for little to no out-of-pocket costs. 10
However, when using out-of-network Ambetter from Meridian Insurance rehabilitation centers, you can expect to pay more for the services. 10 Make sure you check with the rehab facility and have them verify your insurance before admissions.
What Rehab Centers Take Ambetter Insurance?
American Addiction Centers (AAC) has various rehab facilities around the country that provide drug and alcohol addiction treatment. If you have a Ambetter insurance plan, the following AAC facilities accept Ambetter for drug and alcohol addiction rehab.
- Greenhouse Treatment Center: Located in Grand Prairie, Texas, Greenhouse offers individualized treatment plans and many levels of care including detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and tele-health, all in a luxurious setting with high-end amenities.
- Oxford Treatment Center: Located in Etta, Mississippi, Oxford offers gender-specific rehab while offering an opportunity to connect with nature and try new activities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, inpatient and outpatient treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health, all with individualized treatment programs.
- Recovery First Treatment Center: Located in Hollywood, Florida, Recovery First treats substance use disorders by combining evidence-based therapeutic modalities with top-level care. Recovery First provides a personalized continuum of care including detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and telehealth.
- River Oaks Treatment Center: Located in Riverview, Florida, River Oaks treats substance use disorders through combining evidence-based therapies with world-class amenities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, behavioral disorder treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, outpatient services, and telehealth, all with individualized treatment programs.
There are various treatment programs for individuals struggling with drug or alcohol addiction, so don’t give up if the first program you check out doesn’t meet your individual needs. There are rehabs near me that can provide the treatment you need. Check out the directory to find a list of facilities and programs. You can search by location and filter by Ambetter insurance.
How Can I Check My Ambetter from Meridian Coverage for Inpatient Drug Rehab Centers in Michigan?
When you are ready to take that first step and verify your insurance for Ambetter from Meridian rehab, you can contact American Addiction Centers (AAC). An admissions navigator will be there to assist you with the entire admissions process.
AAC is a well-known rehab provider with top-quality locations across the country. You can find Ambetter from Meridian Insurance detox treatment nationwide, including around Michigan. When you call the Ambetter from Meridian helpline, someone will guide you in finding a rehab facility nearby that accepts your insurance and has programs suited to your needs.
Call today for additional information about addiction, treatment services, and treatment locations near you. Someone is standing by to take your call now.
- Ambetter from Meridian. (2022). Ambetter essential, balanced and secure care plans.
- Ambetter from Meridian. (2022). About us.
- Ambetter from Meridian. (2022). Coverage area map.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2020). Commonly used drugs.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2019). Treatment approaches for drug addiction DrugFacts.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2020). Treatment settings.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2018). Comorbidity: substance use disorders and other mental illnesses DrugFacts.
- HealthCare.gov. (n.d.). What marketplace health insurance plans cover.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2020). Principles of effective treatment.
- Ambetter from Meridian. (2022). Provider network design.