WellCare of Kentucky Ambetter Insurance Coverage for Drug and Alcohol Rehab Treatment
WellCare of Kentucky covered Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers in Kentucky
If you are facing a substance abuse issue and are ready to seek a treatment program, you may be wondering about your WellCare of Kentucky insurance plan. If you carry WellCare of Kentucky insurance, you have coverage for behavioral health.1 This includes issues such as mental health and substance use disorders.1
You can call the number on the back of your insurance card to receive more information about your specific plan and what your options are. If you want a quick answer about your coverage, you can contact the rehab, and they will verify your insurance while you wait.
What Is WellCare of Kentucky?
WellCare of Kentucky healthcare plans is also referred to as Ambetter from WellCare of Kentucky.2 Ambetter is managed by Centene Corporation, which has been in operation for over 30 years.2
WellCare of Kentucky covered plans are designed to provide local residents with quality care at affordable rates.2 The plans offered by WellCare of Kentucky insurance include:3
- Ambetter Essential Care: This level represents the Bronze tier and is the least costly per month.
- Ambetter Balanced Care: This is the middle tier level, called the Silver tier.
- Ambetter Secure Care: This is the top level, the Gold tier.
WellCare of Kentucky insurance plans are in Kentucky in the following locations:4
What Substance Addiction Does WellCare of Kentucky Cover?
You can find treatment for a wide range of substances. Some people struggle with one type of drug, while others may struggle with another type. Many rehab facilities will be able to treat whatever type of substance you are dealing with, but you can check with them to make sure. Some of the more common types of substances that people seek treatment for include alcohol, cocaine, heroin, crystal meth, opioid, marijuana, and prescription drugs.5
What Does WellCare of Kentucky Insurance Cover in Addiction Treatment?
WellCare of Kentucky rehab coverage provides patients with a comprehensive approach to drug rehab. You may participate in more than one level of treatment and follow the continuum of care that is provided. Some of the treatment programs are geared towards those with more severe needs, while other programs work best for people who have already gone through withdrawals and don’t need as much supervision.
When you begin the admissions process, someone will assess your situation and advise you on what program is best, to begin with. Your WellCare of Kentucky rehab coverage may assist with covering the following drug rehab treatment plans:
- Inpatient rehab treatment program: The inpatient treatment program is where many people begin rehab. It is the most thorough because you stay at the facility overnight for an extended period. The patient receives therapy and clinical services while being monitored for any physical discomfort. Patients will have plenty of support to make it to the next step in recovery.6(inpatient)
- Partial hospitalization program (PHP): A PHP is for those who may not be able to stay overnight but still need a full day of rehab. This program offers just about the same amount of therapeutic care as an inpatient program does.7(partial)
- Intensive outpatient program (IOP): After completing an inpatient program, the patient may want to move to an IOP. This is still going to give them needed support while they recover. They will attend rehab for several hours and days a week.6(outpatient)
- Outpatient treatment program and therapy: A standard outpatient program will provide patients with therapy sessions about once a week.6(outpatient)
Does WellCare of Kentucky Cover Mental Health & Co-Occurring Disorder Treatment?
It’s common for people with a substance use disorder to also struggle with mental health problems.8(top) These 2 conditions are often seen in patients and is known as a co-occurring disorder.8(top) Some patients have a diagnosis of mental illness, while others may just suspect that they could have one.
Using a substance can be a form of self-medication for some people with mental health disorders.8(why) However, there is no evidence that says mental illness directly causes substance misuse.8(why) But if someone has a mental illness, they are predisposed to using substances. 8(why)
Co-occurring disorder treatment is when patients have both conditions treated simultaneously. Experts suggest that this is the best way to overcome a co-occurring disorder. You can use your WellCare of Kentucky mental health to receive such treatment because, under the Affordable Care Act, insurance providers are required to provide coverage for mental health care and substance use treatment.9 So, you can treat both together.
How Long Does WellCare of Kentucky Cover Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab programs?
The length of time you have for inpatient alcohol and drug rehab through your WellCare of Kentucky insurance coverage will depend on what policy tier you have. You can check your coverage with the insurer by calling the number on the back of your card. Alternatively, you can contact the rehab facility and ask them to verify your insurance for you.
Everyone’s path to recovery will be different, and the amount of time you need to be in rehab will differ too. You can discuss the appropriate length of time with an admissions navigator. However, most professionals will advise that you stay in an inpatient program for at least 90 days.10 Some people continue in some form of therapy after that to avoid a relapse.
H3: What if My WellCare of Kentucky Policy Does Not Cover an Inpatient Drug Rehab Program?
In most cases, you shouldn’t have a problem with your WellCare of Kentucky Insurance substance use treatment coverage, but if you would, there are other avenues to pursue. This doesn’t mean you should give up and forget about treatment. It also doesn’t mean you should just try to do rehab on your own. You can contact any of the WellCare of Kentucky Insurance drug treatment providers to find out about their financial payment options.
Many facilities will offer financial aid or scholarship option. They may have a sliding fee scale that will reduce the cost so that it is within reach. Some WellCare of Kentucky Insurance rehabilitation centers may not charge at all for those who don’t have coverage.
WellCare of Kentucky In-Network vs. Out-of-Network Inpatient Drug Rehab Centers
Working with an in-network WellCare of Kentucky Insurance drug treatment provider will help reduce your out-of-pocket costs. The reason the costs will be less is because in-network providers have contracted with the insurance company for a reduced rate. This rate allows members to get the services covered by insurance if they use the in-network provider.
If you choose a WellCare of Kentucky out-of-network coverage provider, you will have to pay more for the services.
What Rehab Centers Take Ambetter Insurance?
American Addiction Centers (AAC) has various rehab facilities around the country that provide drug and alcohol addiction treatment. If you have a Ambetter insurance plan, the following AAC facilities accept Ambetter for drug and alcohol addiction rehab.
- Greenhouse Treatment Center: Located in Grand Prairie, Texas, Greenhouse offers individualized treatment plans and many levels of care including detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and tele-health, all in a luxurious setting with high-end amenities.
- Oxford Treatment Center: Located in Etta, Mississippi, Oxford offers gender-specific rehab while offering an opportunity to connect with nature and try new activities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, inpatient and outpatient treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health, all with individualized treatment programs.
- Recovery First Treatment Center: Located in Hollywood, Florida, Recovery First treats substance use disorders by combining evidence-based therapeutic modalities with top-level care. Recovery First provides a personalized continuum of care including detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and telehealth.
- River Oaks Treatment Center: Located in Riverview, Florida, River Oaks treats substance use disorders through combining evidence-based therapies with world-class amenities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, behavioral disorder treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, outpatient services, and telehealth, all with individualized treatment programs.
There are various treatment programs for individuals struggling with drug or alcohol addiction, so don’t give up if the first program you check out doesn’t meet your individual needs. There are rehabs near me that can provide the treatment you need. Check out the directory to find a list of facilities and programs. You can search by location and filter by Ambetter insurance.
How Can I Check My WellCare of Kentucky Coverage for Inpatient Drug Rehab Centers in Tennessee?
As you prepare to take the next step in the journey to recovery, you can make the process even easier by verifying your insurance by phone with American Addiction Centers (AAC). AAC has leading treatment rehab facilities across the country, including around Kentucky. When you call AAC, they will direct you to a rehab treatment center near you or in an area you want to be.
An admissions navigator can discuss the various treatment levels with you, explaining how long each one will last and what to expect. They can also let you know if your insurance is in-network with AAC’s treatment facilities. Call the WellCare of Kentucky helpline today for more information.
- WellCare of Kentucky. (2022). Behavioral health.
- Ambetter from WellCare of Kentucky. (2022). About us.
- Ambetter from WellCare of Kentucky. (2022). About our plans.
- Ambetter from WellCare of Kentucky. (2022). Coverage area map.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2020). Commonly used drugs.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2019). Treatment approaches for drug addiction DrugFacts.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2020). Treatment Settings
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2018). Comorbidity: substance use disorders and other mental illnesses drugFacts.
- HealthCare.gov. (n.d.). What marketplace health insurance plans cover.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2020). Principles of effective treatment.
- Insurance Provider Name
- Policy Member's Full Name
- Policy Membership/Subscriber ID