NH Healthy Families New Hampshire (Ambetter) covered Alcohol and Drug rehab centers in New Hampshire
If you are struggling with addiction in New Hampshire, or your loved one is struggling, and you’re looking to find an alcohol and drug rehab center nearby, it may feel overwhelming. Enrolling in a rehab program is often the next step toward recovery, but it can be an expensive endeavor. Fortunately, for those who have an NH Healthy Families New Hampshire (Ambetter) health insurance plan, you may be able to use your plan to pay for some or all of the costs associated with rehab.
NH Healthy Families (Ambetter) New Hampshire insurance coverage may extend to drug treatment. What this means is that if you have an Ambetter of NH plan, you may be able to receive full or partial coverage for the costs of your mental health and substance use disorder treatment. However, every health plan is unique, and what is covered under your plan may vary.
Rehab centers can check your coverage based on the insurance information you provide to them. You can also call the number on the back of your card to find out more information about your plan’s coverage details.
What is NH Healthy Families New Hampshire (Ambetter)?
Ambetter from New Hampshire Healthy Families is Ambetter’s Health Insurance Marketplace product, offered through Centene Corporation.1, “About Us” paragraph 1 Ambetter from NH Health Families plans are underwritten by Qualified Health Plan issuer for New Hampshire Health Insurance Marketplace Celtic Insurance Company.1 “About Us” second-to-last paragraph
Centene Corporation is a leading healthcare company that offers high-quality and affordable products to 1 in 15 individuals across the United States.1 “Representing singular expertise—through exceptional experience”
Nearly 2 million members across the country are covered by an Ambetter plan.2 “Experienced Healthcare” tab Specifically, there are 26 state health plans that are available through Ambetter. 2 “Experienced Healthcare” tab Ambetter believes that the best quality healthcare can be delivered at a local level and is committed to working with communities to give the best possible care.2 “Your Local Community” plans
Ambetter from New Hampshire Healthy Families offers 3 tiers of plans.3 These 3 tiers of plans are known as Bronze (Ambetter Essential Care), Silver (Ambetter Balanced Care), and Gold (Ambetter Secure Care) level plans, which vary in the level of coverage offered.3
- Bronze plans, also called Ambetter Essential Care, have the lowest premiums (cheapest option monthly) but the highest out-of-pocket costs and deductibles.3 “Bronze”
- Silver plans, also known as Ambetter Balanced Care and the “best value,” are the mid-tier option offered by Ambetter of Tennessee.3 “Silver”
- Gold plans, also known as Ambetter Secure Care, have the highest premiums (most expensive option monthly) but the most extensive range of coverage, as well as the lowest deductibles and out-of-pocket costs.3 “Gold”
Call the number on the back of your NH Healthy Families New Hampshire card to speak to a representative and find out what’s covered under your plan.
What Substance Addiction Does NH Healthy Families New Hampshire (Ambetter) Cover?
NH Healthy Families (Ambetter) New Hampshire Insurance drug treatment coverage may include various types of substance addiction. What this means is that your specific health insurance plan may cover addiction to substances like alcohol, cocaine, heroin, crystal meth, opioid, marijuana, and prescription drugs. To find out what is covered under your specific NH Healthy Families (Ambetter) New Hampshire insurance plan, call the number on the back of your insurance card.
What does NH Healthy Families New Hampshire (Ambetter) Insurance cover in addiction treatment?
What is and is not covered under your NH Healthy Families New Hampshire (Ambetter) Insurance plan varies based on your plan and, often, where you seek care. While your plan may limit coverage to specific providers, the type and extent of treatment you may need may also affect coverage details. Always check with your insurance provider to confirm what your coverage may entail before seeking care whenever possible.
Some or all of the following types of addiction treatment may be recommended for your path to recovery, and they may be covered in some capacity under your insurance:
- Inpatient or residential rehab. With an inpatient or residential treatment program, you will remain at the facility for the full duration of your care. You will receive round-the-clock supervision and medical care, which could include medical detox and/or therapy.4, Pg 8, “What types of treatment programs are available?”
- Outpatient rehab or therapy. With an outpatient treatment program, you’d receive 1 or 2 treatment sessions a week, which could include therapy or counseling. But, because it’s outpatient, you don’t stay overnight at the facility. 4, Pg 10, Para 2
- Intensive outpatient programs (IOP). With IOPs, you receive more structured care than you would with a standard outpatient program but not as much as you may with inpatient care. You generally have a minimum number of hours of care you must receive each week, but you don’t stay overnight at any facility.4, Pg 10, Para 3
- Partial hospitalization programs (PHP). With PHPs, you attend a facility for 4–8 hours each day, multiple days a week, receiving structured and medically supervised care. But you do not stay overnight with this type of treatment program.4, Pg 10, Para 1
To find out whether one or all of the above treatments are right for you, please work with a licensed mental health professional. And to find out whether they may be covered under your insurance, call the number on the back of your insurance card or work with a rehab center directly.
Does NH Healthy Families New Hampshire (Ambetter) Cover Mental Health & Co-Occurring Disorder Treatment?
Under the Affordable Care Act, all Health Insurance Marketplace plans, including those sold by NH Healthy Families New Hampshire (Ambetter), must provide coverage for 10 essential health benefits (EHBs).5 Specifically, NH Healthy Families New Hampshire (Ambetter) plans provide coverage in some capacity for mental health and substance abuse care.3 “You’re Covered on Essential Benefits” (scroll past image at middle of page” This means that your NH Healthy Families (Ambetter) New Hampshire mental health may extend to provide coverage for co-occurring disorder treatment and standalone drug rehab per this mandate.
A co-occurring disorder is when someone has both a mental illness and substance use disorder, which is common in the United States.6, para 2 In 2020, about 17 million adults were diagnosed with a co-occurring disorder.6, para 2 Those who have a substance use disorder are 2 times more likely to develop a mental illness at some time in their life, and vice versa.7 “Does one cause the other?” Due to the connection between each condition, it’s recommended that each is treated simultaneously.6, “What should I do?
How Long Does NH Healthy Families New Hampshire (Ambetter) Cover Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab programs?
NH Healthy Families New Hampshire (Ambetter) coverage details will vary by plan. Additionally, where you seek care and whether the rehab facility is within your plan’s network may affect the length of time your plan covers. Regardless of what is covered by your plan, it’s important to prioritize remaining in rehab for enough time.
While each person is unique, it is generally understood that longer treatment times are usually most effective. Treatment programs, as indicated by research, should last at least 90 days to reduce or stop substance use and improve outcomes overall.8, bullet 5
To find out what’s covered under your plan, call the number on the back of your insurance card and speak to a plan representative. Verifying your insurance prior to seeking care may help you keep your healthcare costs as low as possible.
What if my NH Healthy Families New Hampshire (Ambetter) policy does not cover an Inpatient drug rehab program?
If your NH Healthy Families New Hampshire (Ambetter) plan doesn’t cover your inpatient drug rehab program stay, you can ask whether the rehab center offers payment options. Depending on the rehab center, you may have the opportunity to apply for special financing or scholarships that can help you offset the costs of rehab. Don’t push getting care down the road and prioritize getting the treatment you need today.
NH Healthy Families New Hampshire (Ambetter) In Network vs. Out of Network Inpatient Drug Rehab Centers
Understanding the difference between what an in-network and out-of-network provider is can help you keep your healthcare costs in check. A doctor or facility that is part of your Ambetter health insurance plan is known as an in-network provider. 9, “Questions About Plans and Benefits” section, “What Are In-Network Providers?” In-network providers have a contract with Ambetter to provide healthcare services at a set cost, which is less than what it costs to visit an out-of-network provider. 9, “Questions About Plans and Benefits” section, “What Are In-Network Providers?”
To find an in-network provider or to verify whether a provider is within your plan’s network, check Ambetter’s Find a Doctor tool. You can also ask the rehab facility directly or call the number on the back of your insurance plan for assistance in finding a covered provider.
What Rehab Centers Take Ambetter Insurance?
American Addiction Centers (AAC) has various rehab facilities around the country that provide drug and alcohol addiction treatment. If you have a Ambetter insurance plan, the following AAC facilities accept Ambetter for drug and alcohol addiction rehab.
- Greenhouse Treatment Center: Located in Grand Prairie, Texas, Greenhouse offers individualized treatment plans and many levels of care including detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and tele-health, all in a luxurious setting with high-end amenities.
- Oxford Treatment Center: Located in Etta, Mississippi, Oxford offers gender-specific rehab while offering an opportunity to connect with nature and try new activities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, inpatient and outpatient treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health, all with individualized treatment programs.
- Recovery First Treatment Center: Located in Hollywood, Florida, Recovery First treats substance use disorders by combining evidence-based therapeutic modalities with top-level care. Recovery First provides a personalized continuum of care including detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and telehealth.
- River Oaks Treatment Center: Located in Riverview, Florida, River Oaks treats substance use disorders through combining evidence-based therapies with world-class amenities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, behavioral disorder treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, outpatient services, and telehealth, all with individualized treatment programs.
There are various treatment programs for individuals struggling with drug or alcohol addiction, so don’t give up if the first program you check out doesn’t meet your individual needs. There are rehabs near me that can provide the treatment you need. Check out the directory to find a list of facilities and programs. You can search by location and filter by Ambetter insurance.
NH Healthy Families Coverage After-Hours and 24/7 Nurse Advice Line
Covered members of NH Healthy Families health plans can utilize the Nurse Advice Line (1-844-265-1278 (TDD/TTY 1-855-742-0123) to speak with a registered nurse 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.10 para 1
The Nurse Advice Line should not be used for life-threatening medical emergencies but can be used to ask follow-up visit questions or non-emergent health questions. 10 last para It can help you ascertain whether you need to go to urgent care for a condition or whether you may be able to wait until the next day when your primary care doctor is back open.
How Can I Check My NH Healthy Families (Ambetter) Coverage for Inpatient Drug Rehab Centers in New Hampshire?
Checking whether your NH Healthy Families (Ambetter) Coverage includes inpatient drug rehab centers in New Hampshire doesn’t need to be difficult. American Addiction Centers (AAC) makes the process even easier. Call our confidential helpline and speak to a real person who can help you check your benefits right while you’re on the phone. Our trained staff members can also help you find a covered rehab facility that’s near you.
If you’re in need of care, AAC is here to help. Give us a call today, and we can help you learn more about your insurance coverage and check whether any of our industry-leading treatment facilities across the country are within your plan’s network. Click here to find a treatment center near you and get started today.
- Ambetter.(n.d.). What is Ambetter?
- Ambetter.(n.d.). About us.
- Ambetter.(n.d.). About our plans.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. (2014). What is substance abuse treatment? (Original work published 2004).
- HealthCare.gov. (n.d.). Mental health & substance abuse coverage.
- National Alliance on Mental Illness. (2017, October 4). Understanding dual diagnosis.
- National Alliance on Mental Illness. (2020, May). Substance use disorders.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2018, January). Principles of effective treatment.
- Ambetter.(n.d.). Need help?
- Ambetter.(n.d.). Nurse advice line.
- Insurance Provider Name
- Policy Member's Full Name
- Policy Membership/Subscriber ID
Check your NH Healthy Families New Hampshire (Ambetter) rehab coverage
American Addiction Centers' locations
Guides for other health insurance providers
- 1199SEIU Funds
- APS Healthcare
- Aetna Insurance
- Ambetter Insurance
- American Family Insurance
- Amerigroup Insurance
- Amerihealth Insurance
- Anthem BlueCross California
- Anthem Insurance
- Assurant Health Insurance
- Beacon Health
- Behavioral Healthcare
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Shield of California
- Cigna Insurance
- Community Health Choice
- Cooks Children’s Health Plan
- Emblem Health
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Exclusive Care
- Federal Blue Cross Blue Shield
- First Care
- First Health
- Florida Blue (BCBS Florida)
- GEHA Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Harvard Pilgrim
- Health Net
- Health Plan of Nevada
- Horizon BCBS
- Humana Health Insurance