Home State Health (Ambetter) Covered Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers in Missouri
In Missouri, Home State Health (Ambetter) helps individuals who are struggling with an alcohol or drug misuse issue.1 This insurance coverage is included in the core essential benefits that are part of a Home State Health plan.1 It’s always important to check with the rehab facility that you are planning to participate in to see if they are in network with your insurance.
When you call the rehab treatment center, they will check your Home State Health (Ambetter) rehab coverage and verify your insurance. It only takes a few minutes, and then you can begin the admissions process.
Another way to find out about in-network insurance information is to call the number on the back of your insurance card. Someone will be able to give you additional details about your specific plan.
What Is Home State Health (Ambetter)?
Ambetter from Home State Health is a Marketplace product offered through Centene Corporation’s health insurance.2 Serving approximately one in 15 people across the United States with Marketplace plans, Medicaid, Medicare, and TRICARE plans, Centene is a leading healthcare enterprise that works to bring local health solutions to people so that they can be healthier.2
The following 3 Home State Health (Ambetter) healthcare plans are offered in Missouri:1
- Bronze level, Ambetter Essential Care: A Bronze level plan is the essential care plan. It has the lowest monthly premium but may cost more out of pocket. It may be the right plan for people who simply need to have their essential care needs met.
- Silver level, Ambetter Balanced Care: With a silver level plan, you have moderately priced premium costs and a bit more coverage than the Bronze level.
- Gold level, Ambetter Secure Care: A Gold tier level will be the costliest each month, but it will also cover the most services. For people who use a lot of services, this plan would be ideal.
In Missouri, Home State Health (Ambetter) drug coverage is available in the following areas:3
- Cape Girardeau
- New Madrid
- Louis City
What Substance Addiction Does Home State Health (Ambetter) Cover?
Home State Health (Ambetter) Missouri rehab coverage will provide you with an addiction plan for the substance or substances you may need help with. Given the number of substances that people tend to use and often abuse, you may want to contact one of the Home State Health (Ambetter) Missouri Insurance drug treatment providers to find out if they have experience with your substance of use. Some of the commonly reported substances that people use in the United States include:4
- Prescription painkillers.
What Does Home State Health (Ambetter) Insurance Cover in Addiction Treatment?
Your Home State Health (Ambetter) Missouri insurance coverage will provide addiction treatment because it is a Marketplace plan. Marketplace plans provide essential benefits that include substance use and mental health disorders. Although there are a variety of different treatment programs and levels, the Home State Health covered Missouri plans may cover some or all of the following types of treatment:
- Inpatient treatment program. With an inpatient program, you will receive a thorough treatment regimen, with qualified professionals providing 24/7 care. Some inpatient treatment plans include medicated-assisted plans, while others will have therapy and monitoring only.5(inpatient)
- Partial hospitalization program (PHP). At a PHP, you have just about the same amount of care as an inpatient program, but you’ll return to your home at night. This allows you to obtain the certified care treatment necessary while still retaining some degree of flexibility and independence.6(partial)
- Intensive outpatient program (IOP). During an IOP, you will be attending an outpatient program but at an intense level with several hours a day. This can provide you with the help needed to prevent a relapse. 5(outpatient)
- Outpatient treatment program and therapy. A typical outpatient treatment program is one that you attend about once a week. During your time there, you’ll participate in evidence-based therapy sessions. 5(outpatient)
Does Home State Health (Ambetter) Cover Mental Health & Co-Occurring Disorder Treatment?
Home State Health (Ambetter) Missouri mental health will assist with problems involving co-occurring disorders. An example of co-occurring disorders is having mental health and substance misuse disorders simultaneously.7 According to the research, people with substance misuse issues often have co-occurring disorders involving a mental health disorder.7 The reasons behind the correlation between these 2 conditions co-occurring are not definitively known.7(why)
However, experts feel that in some cases people who have untreated mental health problems will use drugs to self-medicate. In other instances, people who use substances over time will have changes to the brain occur, which could lead to symptoms of mental health problems. 7(why)
If you feel that you may have a co-occurring disorder, you can seek treatment for both conditions in tandem. Due to the Home State Health (Ambetter) Missouri drug coverage being a Marketplace plan, it must abide by the Affordable Care Act (ACA) standards and regulations.8 The ACA mandates that insurance providers provide coverage for substance use and mental health disorders.8
How Long Does Home State Health (Ambetter) Cover Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab programs?
You may be wondering how long your Home State Health (Ambetter) Missouri Insurance substance use treatment coverage will pay for inpatient alcohol and drug rehab. The first step is to find out how much treatment is appropriate for you. Drug addiction is a chronic disease that may have its ups and downs.9(does relapse) Relapsing does not mean that you have failed and should quit.9(does relapse)
It may be appropriate to look at treatment as an ongoing need. Just like someone with diabetes doesn’t quit taking appropriate measures to manage their disease, neither should people with a substance use disorder. Consequently, you can begin with an inpatient rehab program and continue with outpatient therapy later.
Experts recommend that people with a substance use disorder stay in inpatient rehab for at least 90 days.10 The amount of Home State Health (Ambetter) Missouri Insurance rehab coverage that you’ll have for inpatient rehab depends on the specific policy and tier level you have. You can check your specific plan details by looking at the information on your insurance card.
What if My Home State Health (Ambetter) Policy Does Not Cover an Inpatient Drug Rehab Program?
If you find out that your Home State Health (Ambetter) Missouri mental health coverage doesn’t pay for the cost of inpatient drug rehab, you still have other payment options. You can contact 1 of the Home State Health (Ambetter) Missouri Insurance rehabilitation centers to find out if they offer any scholarships, financial aid, or other financial aid plans. It’s better to explore all your alternatives instead of giving up or not seeking help immediately.
Home State Health (Ambetter) In-Network vs. Out-of-Network Inpatient Drug Rehab Centers
Home State Health (Ambetter) Missouri out-of-network coverage can cost you more out of pocket than an in-network rehab. In-network facilities work with the provider on a contract basis to give the best rates. This allows the facility to pass the savings to the patients. In some instances, you may have all the costs paid for certain services.
What Rehab Centers Take Ambetter Insurance?
American Addiction Centers (AAC) has various rehab facilities around the country that provide drug and alcohol addiction treatment. If you have a Ambetter insurance plan, the following AAC facilities accept Ambetter for drug and alcohol addiction rehab.
- Greenhouse Treatment Center: Located in Grand Prairie, Texas, Greenhouse offers individualized treatment plans and many levels of care including detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and tele-health, all in a luxurious setting with high-end amenities.
- Oxford Treatment Center: Located in Etta, Mississippi, Oxford offers gender-specific rehab while offering an opportunity to connect with nature and try new activities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, inpatient and outpatient treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health, all with individualized treatment programs.
- Recovery First Treatment Center: Located in Hollywood, Florida, Recovery First treats substance use disorders by combining evidence-based therapeutic modalities with top-level care. Recovery First provides a personalized continuum of care including detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and telehealth.
- River Oaks Treatment Center: Located in Riverview, Florida, River Oaks treats substance use disorders through combining evidence-based therapies with world-class amenities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, behavioral disorder treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, outpatient services, and telehealth, all with individualized treatment programs.
There are various treatment programs for individuals struggling with drug or alcohol addiction, so don’t give up if the first program you check out doesn’t meet your individual needs. There are rehabs near me that can provide the treatment you need. Check out the directory to find a list of facilities and programs. You can search by location and filter by Ambetter insurance.
How Can I Check My Home State Health (Ambetter) Coverage for Inpatient Drug Rehab Centers in Missouri?
If you’re looking for a quick and easy way to check your Home State Health (Ambetter) Missouri behavioral health coverage, you can call American Addiction Centers (AAC). Someone there will verify your insurance coverage right away for you.
When you contact the Home State Health (Ambetter) Missouri helpline, you can talk to the admissions navigator about where locations are near you. AAC has quality rehab locations all across the United States. Take the first step today and begin the admissions process.
- Ambetter home state health. (2022). About our plans.
- Ambetter home state health. (2022). About us.
- Ambetter home state health. (2022). Coverage area map.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2020). Commonly used drugs.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2019). Treatment approaches for drug addiction DrugFacts.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2020). Treatment settings.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2018). Comorbidity: substance use disorders and other mental illnesses DrugFacts.
- HealthCare.gov. (n.d.). What Marketplace health insurance plans cover.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2022). Treatment and recovery.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2020). Principles of effective treatment.