Does Ambetter Insurance Cover Cocaine rehab?
- Access to licensed treatment centers
- Information on treatment plans
- Financial assistance options
If you struggle with cocaine use, you might feel embarrassed and alone. However, that’s far from the truth. In 2021, 4.8 million people reported using cocaine in the last 12 months.1, How many people…
If you’re ready to break free from using cocaine, the best option is to get treatment. But how can you afford it?
If you have Ambetter insurance coverage, your health insurance plan can help pay for some or all of the cost of rehab. The Affordable Care Act (ACA) requires all long-term insurance plans to cover 10 essential health benefits, which include substance use and mental health treatment.2, fifth bullet
What Does Ambetter Insurance Cover for Cocaine Treatment?
There are many types of treatment for substance use, including cocaine use. No approach will be right for everyone, so it’s important to work closely with your doctor to determine the ideal treatment plan for your needs.
Some of the most common treatment options include:3, types of treatment
- Screenings and immediate intervention. Medical providers can screen for cocaine use disorder and provide immediate interventions until you can enter a treatment program.
- Detox. During detox, you’ll receive medical supervision while the drugs exit your system.
- Inpatient services. Inpatient treatment centers provide a safe, supportive, and structured environment for those in need of recovery from substance abuse. At an inpatient facility, you can focus solely on your recovery journey while you receive 24-hour medical and emotional support.
- Outpatient treatment. This type of treatment typically involves attending sessions or meetings, either during the day or evening, focusing on substance abuse education, relapse prevention, stress management, communication skills, and goal setting.
- Behavioral therapies. Behavioral therapies are used at inpatient and outpatient treatment programs to help you overcome substance use and create new habits that allow you to live a happy, productive, and substance-free life.
- Treatment for co-occurring disorders. Studies show that around 50% of those who struggle with substance use also have a mental health disorder, which is known as a co-occurring condition.4, second paragraph Integrated treatment of mental health and substance use together has been shown to be far more effective than treating only one or the other.5, first paragraph
No matter what elements your treatment plan includes, what’s most important is that you complete the treatment process entirely. It’s tempting to stop when you start to feel better, but the full treatment program will set you up for long-term recovery.
What Ambetter Insurance does not cover for Cocaine Treatment?
There are some treatment options that are not evidence-based, which means they will not be covered by health insurance, including Ambetter rehab coverage.
Treatment options such as alternative therapies and holistic care have not been studied sufficiently to show that they make a positive difference in substance use disorders and cocaine use.6, p. 5 “How effective are…”
Ambetter insurance only pays for medically necessary care, which means your insurance won’t cover additional services such as:7, medically necessary
- Non-medical amenities.
- Recreation programs.
- Food delivery.
- Private treatment services.
To break free from cocaine use, it’s vital to focus on medically necessary, evidence-based care. That will give you the best chance of long-term recovery.
What is Ambetter Insurance?
Ambetter has offered health insurance plans since 2014 and services more than 2 million members across the United States.8, first paragraph Ambetter plans are available with a variety of coverage levels and benefits, which may include wellness programs, vision and dental, and telehealth.8 second paragraph
Ambetter is a subsidiary of Centene Corporation and focuses on delivering high-quality care at a local level.8, third and forth paragraph All Ambetter plans are Qualified Health Plans on the Insurance Marketplace of the state in which they are offered.8 fourth paragraph
H2: How Much Does Cocaine Rehab Cost?
Different rehab programs will have different costs. Some programs offer a variety of amenities and more private accommodations, and others are focused on treatment alone and have you sharing space with other patients.
Some of the factors that impact the cost of rehab include:
- Type of program. Inpatient will cost more than outpatient, for example.
- Intensity of services. Higher levels of care and more focused treatment generally cost more than lower levels of care.
- Duration of treatment. The longer you’re in a treatment program, the more it will cost
- As mentioned above, higher-priced rehab programs may have additional amenities such as a pool, gym, private living arrangements, and more.
However, don’t let the cost of treatment deter you from getting the care you need. Ambetter healthcare plans can help pay some or all of the cost, and there are other ways to pay for rehab as well.
What’s most important is that you get the type and duration of treatment that you need to truly break free long-term.
Cocaine Rehab vs. the Cost of Cocaine Addiction
Given the cost of treatment, is it really worth it to overcome cocaine use?
Yes, it is. Not only is buying cocaine expensive in itself, but there are significant health and legal costs to you as well. Over time, you need more cocaine to get the same pleasurable effects, which means more damage to your body and brain.9, second paragraph
Also, the way you use cocaine can cause long-term problems.9, fourth paragraph Snorting cocaine leads to nose bleeds, loss of smell, hoarseness, and problems swallowing.9, fourth paragraph Smoking crack cocaine damages the lungs, and injecting it leads to risks of infection, HIV, and hepatitis C.9, fourth paragraph
Cocaine can also result in:9, third, fifth, sixth paragraphs
- Panic attacks.
- Paranoia or psychosis.
- Damage to the heart and cardiovascular system.
- Increased risk of stroke and aortic ruptures.
On top of the health issues, there are legal concerns. Being caught with cocaine can lead to thousands of dollars in fines, along with jail time. You’ll lose money from being unable to work, and how much money is a year or more of your life worth wasted behind bars?
Clearly, it’s more than worth the cost of rehab to break free from cocaine addiction.
What Length of Cocaine Rehab Does Ambetter Insurance Cover?
How long is rehab? It’s a common question, but the answer is different for everyone. Research shows that most people need at least 90 days to make a significant change in their substance use, including quitting.10, p. 5, fifth bullet That’s why many programs are at least three months long.
However, your specific treatment plan may be longer and might include multiple treatment options, such as inpatient rehab followed by an outpatient program. What’s most important is to fully complete your personalized plan. That will give you time to break free from old habits and create a new, fulfilling life without cocaine use.
Different Ambetter plans will have different requirements and limits for treatment, so it’s important to understand the details before you commit to a program. You can call the insurance company directly or contact American Addiction Centers (AAC) anytime. Our admissions navigators can verify your insurance in just a few minutes as they chat with you. We are available anytime by online chat, phone, or by filling out the form below.
Choosing between Ambetter Insurance Inpatient vs. Outpatient Cocaine Rehab Centers
When choosing a treatment program, it’s important to follow the recommendation of your doctor. Many times your doctor will recommend you start with an inpatient program. Why?
The care at an inpatient center is more intensive than outpatient care, so it can be a better place to focus on your recovery when you’re starting out. Accountability is stronger when you live at the treatment center, and you get high-quality care in a treatment ecosystem designed to help you break free from your old habits. There are also other people in the program with you, giving you a support group as you all work to overcome substance use.
How to Use Ambetter Insurance for Cocaine Rehab?
Ambetter coverage nationwide can help you cover the costs of treatment to overcome cocaine use. To get the care you need, you can take the following steps:
- Contact a doctor and work with them to create a treatment program that meets your needs
- Find a rehab program that fits your treatment needs
- Find out if your Ambetter addiction treatment coverage is accepted at that rehab program
- Work with the treatment program to use your Ambetter insurance and pay for any out-of-pocket costs you may have
When you take these steps, you’ll be well on your way to a life where you can pursue your dreams without being held back by substance use.
How to Find Cocaine Rehabs That Accept Ambetter Insurance
How do you know if a treatment program accepts your insurance plan? You can contact the insurance company or reach out to the treatment center, but it may be easier to connect with AAC. We are available 24/7 through online chat, by phone, or by filling out the form below.
Working with your doctor will help you determine which treatment options are right for your needs. Once you know what you’re looking for, let us help you match your insurance to centers that provide high-quality care.
AAC is proud to operate a variety of high-quality treatment centers around the country, and each program has its own unique benefits. To learn more about getting the treatment, you need to get out of cocaine use and into a life you love, contact us today.
What Rehab Centers Take Ambetter Insurance?
American Addiction Centers (AAC) has various rehab facilities around the country that provide drug and alcohol addiction treatment. If you have a Ambetter insurance plan, the following AAC facilities accept Ambetter for drug and alcohol addiction rehab.
- Greenhouse Treatment Center: Located in Grand Prairie, Texas, Greenhouse offers individualized treatment plans and many levels of care including detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and tele-health, all in a luxurious setting with high-end amenities.
- Oxford Treatment Center: Located in Etta, Mississippi, Oxford offers gender-specific rehab while offering an opportunity to connect with nature and try new activities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, inpatient and outpatient treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health, all with individualized treatment programs.
- Recovery First Treatment Center: Located in Hollywood, Florida, Recovery First treats substance use disorders by combining evidence-based therapeutic modalities with top-level care. Recovery First provides a personalized continuum of care including detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and telehealth.
- River Oaks Treatment Center: Located in Riverview, Florida, River Oaks treats substance use disorders through combining evidence-based therapies with world-class amenities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, behavioral disorder treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, outpatient services, and telehealth, all with individualized treatment programs.
There are various treatment programs for individuals struggling with drug or alcohol addiction, so don’t give up if the first program you check out doesn’t meet your individual needs. There are rehabs near me that can provide the treatment you need. Check out the directory to find a list of facilities and programs. You can search by location and filter by Ambetter insurance.