Ambetter from Louisiana Healthcare Connections Covered Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers in Louisiana
Ambetter from Louisiana Healthcare Connections covered Alcohol and Drug rehab centers in Louisiana
Lousiana may be the land of crawfish boils and New Orleans fun, but there’s a darker side to the state. Like many areas of the country, Louisiana residents struggle with misusing substances, from prescription drugs to alcohol.
Between 2017 and 2019, 12.5% of Louisiana residents over age 12 admitted to using marijuana in the past year, and 4.5% admitted to misusing prescription drugs.1, p. 25 and 28, second paragraph on both In the same timeframe, 6.3% of Louisianans over 12 struggled with alcohol use disorder.1. p. 31, second paragraph
If you struggle with misusing substances in Louisiana and have health insurance from Ambetter from Louisiana Healthcare Connections, you might wonder if your coverage can help you pay for rehab. The good news is that your Ambetter from Louisiana Healthcare Connections coverage can pay for some or all of the cost of getting the treatment you need.
Your coverage will vary depending on your specific plan, so be sure to find out more details by calling the phone number on the back of your insurance card before you commit to a treatment program.
This guide will help answer common questions about maximizing Ambetter from Louisiana Healthcare Connections rehab coverage so you can get the care you need.
What is Ambetter from Louisiana Healthcare Connections?
Ambetter plans from Louisiana Healthcare Connections are health insurance plans available on the Louisiana healthcare marketplace.2, first section There are a variety of options, divided into three categories: gold, which has the highest monthly premium and lowest out-of-pocket costs; bronze, which has the lowest monthly premium and highest out-of-pocket costs; and silver, which is in the middle.2, second section
By comparing the plans available in your area, you can choose the insurance that makes the most sense for you. Most importantly, every plan complies with the Affordable Care Act’s (ACA) requirement that insurance plans cover ten essential health benefits.2, You’re covered on…
The ACA changed a lot about how health insurance operates, including requiring long-term health plans to cover 10 essential health benefits3, first paragraph One of the essential benefits is mental health and substance use treatment, so you can rely on your Ambetter from Louisiana Healthcare Connections insurance to pay at least some of the cost of the rehab you need.3, fifth bullet
What Substance Addiction Does Ambetter from Louisiana Healthcare Connections Cover?
People misuse a variety of substances, and this drug use can have long-term health consequences.4, top paragraph Some of the most commonly misused drugs include cocaine, meth, opioids, marijuana, alcohol, prescription drugs, and heroin.4, bulleted list
Fortunately, if you misuse these substances, you can get help to break free of addiction. There are a variety of high-quality treatment centers that can walk you through the process of creating new habits and mindsets, so you can live a happy, healthy life without substance use.
What does Ambetter from Louisiana Healthcare Connections Insurance Cover in Addiction Treatment?
Substance use treatment is very specific to your needs, so each person will have a different treatment plan. You’ll want to work closely with your doctor to discuss what substances you use, when, and how long you’ve been using them. Your doctor will also ask about use triggers, your home environment, and social support.
Your insurance plan will focus on covering the treatment program your doctor creates for you. Some of the most common treatment options include:5,6
- Inpatient Rehab. During inpatient rehab, you live full-time at a facility and get 24/7 care, from group therapy to individual counseling. You will also participate in recreational activities and work on creating new mindsets and habits.
- Outpatient Rehab. Outpatient care allows you to live at home while getting the treatment you need. You usually only attend a few hours of therapy a week, and outpatient care is often used to support those who graduate from inpatient rehab.
- Intensive Outpatient Programs (IOP). IOPs allow you to get more support than a traditional outpatient program, but without requiring you to attend a full-time treatment program. You’ll attend multiple therapy sessions per week and will live at home.
- Partial Hospitalization Programs (PHP). A PHP gives you full-time treatment without living at a residential facility. You can get intensive treatment for 5-6 hours a day but spend evenings at home, which can help you save on the cost of rehab.
Of course, having the right treatment program in place only makes a significant difference if you complete it. While it’s common to feel better partway through rehab, it’s important to fully graduate from the program so that you have the right amount of time to put new habits in place.
Does Ambetter from Louisiana Healthcare Connections Cover Mental Health & Co-Occurring Disorder Treatment?
Do you struggle with a mental health issue as well as substance use? If so, you likely have a co-occurring disorder, which is quite common. In fact, 50% of those with substance use concerns also have a mental health diagnosis.7, second paragraph
It’s common for those who misuse substances to also struggle with conditions like anxiety, depression, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), and others.7, second paragraph Fortunately, many drug rehabs include programs that treat co-occurring disorders. This is especially important because studies show that getting treatment for both mental health and substance use at the same time is much more effective than treating only one or the other.8, first paragraph Integrated treatment can help you make a permanent change for the better.
Fortunately, the ACA includes both mental health treatment and substance use treatment in the list of essential health benefits.3, fifth bullet As a result, Ambetter from Louisiana Healthcare Connections plans can help you get the treatment you need for both concerns.
How Long Does Ambetter from Louisiana Healthcare Connections Cover Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab Programs?
How long will you need to be in rehab? The answer is different for each person and will depend on the treatment plan you create with your doctor. However, studies show that most people need at least 90 days of treatment to make a significant change in their substance use.9, fifth bullet As a result, most treatment programs are at least three months long.
You might need to be in treatment longer than three months or perhaps follow up your inpatient treatment with outpatient treatment and aftercare. What’s important is that you follow your treatment plan entirely—that way, you’ll have the best chance at long-term freedom from substance use.
How much coverage your insurance plan provides will vary, so be sure you verify your insurance by calling the phone number on the back of your insurance card or by contacting American Addiction Centers (AAC) by phone or online. Our admissions navigators can review your coverage in just a few minutes and answer any questions about rehab.
What if my Ambetter from Louisiana Healthcare Connections policy does not cover an Inpatient drug rehab program?
When you review your insurance coverage, you might discover that your Ambetter from Louisiana Healthcare Connections insurance plans benefits only cover part of the cost of treatment, but you have to cover a certain amount too. Or you might discover that the treatment center that you’re most interested in isn’t covered by your health insurance.
Either way, don’t let the out-of-pocket cost stop you from getting the treatment you need. There are many ways to pay for rehab. For example, the treatment center may allow you to set up a payment plan, or you might be able to get a scholarship. Some people are able to take out a loan or borrow money from friends or family. Or, you might be able to find a treatment center that offers a sliding scale of fees based on your income.
Substance misuse can have long-term legal and physical consequences, so don’t wait for treatment. Start now, and you’ll be able to put yourself in a far better position to be healthy, happy, and successful.
Ambetter from Louisiana Healthcare Connections In-Network vs. Out-of-Network Inpatient Drug Rehab Centers
What does it mean for a treatment center to be “in-network” vs. “out-of-network”? Insurance plans all contract with specific doctors and specialists who agree to treat plan members at a lower cost in return for more patients from the insurance plan.10, p. 1 What’s a Provider Network This group of doctors and providers are “in-network” with the insurance plan.10, p. 1 What’s a Provider Network That means you’ll pay less out-of-pocket for your care when you use an in-network provider.10, p. 2, Why do some plans…
Unfortunately, many insurance plans have no coverage for out-of-network doctors, meaning you have to pay the full cost yourself.10, p. 2, Why do some plans… To maximize your insurance coverage and keep your own costs low, focus on in-network rehab centers if possible. Fortunately, there are a lot of high-quality treatment facilities to choose from. If you decide to go outside the insurance provider network, you may need to be more creative in how you pay for treatment.
What Rehab Centers Take Ambetter Insurance?
American Addiction Centers (AAC) has various rehab facilities around the country that provide drug and alcohol addiction treatment. If you have a Ambetter insurance plan, the following AAC facilities accept Ambetter for drug and alcohol addiction rehab.
- Greenhouse Treatment Center: Located in Grand Prairie, Texas, Greenhouse offers individualized treatment plans and many levels of care including detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and tele-health, all in a luxurious setting with high-end amenities.
- Oxford Treatment Center: Located in Etta, Mississippi, Oxford offers gender-specific rehab while offering an opportunity to connect with nature and try new activities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, inpatient and outpatient treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health, all with individualized treatment programs.
- Recovery First Treatment Center: Located in Hollywood, Florida, Recovery First treats substance use disorders by combining evidence-based therapeutic modalities with top-level care. Recovery First provides a personalized continuum of care including detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and telehealth.
- River Oaks Treatment Center: Located in Riverview, Florida, River Oaks treats substance use disorders through combining evidence-based therapies with world-class amenities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, behavioral disorder treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, outpatient services, and telehealth, all with individualized treatment programs.
There are various treatment programs for individuals struggling with drug or alcohol addiction, so don’t give up if the first program you check out doesn’t meet your individual needs. There are rehabs near me that can provide the treatment you need. Check out the directory to find a list of facilities and programs. You can search by location and filter by Ambetter insurance.
How Can I Check My Ambetter from Louisiana Healthcare Connections Coverage for Inpatient Drug Rehab Centers in Louisiana?
You are worthy of a happy, healthy life free of substances. The way to get there is to get the treatment you need to break free, and your Ambetter from Louisiana Healthcare Connections insurance coverage for treatment can help you pay for it.
Because each plan has its own coverage levels, you want to verify your insurance to know what to expect before committing to a specific rehab. You can call the number on your insurance card or simply contact AAC anytime. We are available 24/7 for you, and many high-quality rehab options are available. For example, the Oxford Treatment Center in Mississippi offers a beautiful natural environment and a variety of specialized therapy options.
It’s time to create a better life without relying on substances. Take the first step by contacting us today.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. (2020). Behavioral health barometer, Louisiana.
- Ambetter from Louisiana Health Solutions. (n.d.). About our plans.
- Healthcare.gov. (n.d.). What Marketplace health insurance plans cover
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2020, August 20). Commonly Used Drugs Charts.
- gov (2019, October). Treatment Options.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2014). Principles of Adolescent Substance Use Disorder Treatment: A Research-Based Guide: Treatment Settings.
- National Institute of Mental Health. (n.d.). Substance Use and Co-Occurring Mental Disorders.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2020, April). What are the treatments for comorbid substance use disorder and mental health conditions?
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2018, January). Principles of Effective Treatment.
- Marketplace.gov (2021, May). What you should know about provider networks.
- Insurance Provider Name
- Policy Member's Full Name
- Policy Membership/Subscriber ID
Check your rehab coverage
American Addiction Centers' locations
Guides for other health insurance providers
- 1199SEIU Funds
- APS Healthcare
- Aetna Insurance
- Ambetter Insurance
- American Family Insurance
- Amerigroup Insurance
- Amerihealth Insurance
- Anthem BlueCross California
- Anthem Insurance
- Assurant Health Insurance
- Beacon Health
- Behavioral Healthcare
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Shield of California
- Cigna Insurance
- Community Health Choice
- Cooks Children’s Health Plan
- Emblem Health
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Exclusive Care
- Federal Blue Cross Blue Shield
- First Care
- First Health
- Florida Blue (BCBS Florida)
- GEHA Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Harvard Pilgrim
- Health Net
- Health Plan of Nevada
- Horizon BCBS
- Humana Health Insurance