Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Connecticut: Rehab & Detox Centers in CT That Take Anthem
- Access to licensed treatment centers
- Information on treatment plans
- Financial assistance options
Does Anthem BCBS of Connecticut Insurance Cover Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers?
Many health insurance plans may cover some portion of the cost of inpatient alcohol or drug rehab in Connecticut. If you have an Anthem BCBS of Connecticut health plan, this may be true for you.
Connecticut is home to approximately 3,605,597 people.1 From 2015 to 2020, deaths due to drug overdose in Connecticut increased from 22.3 per 100,00 people to 38.9 per 100,000 people.2, “Substance Use and Related Deaths” Specifically, in 2020, 1,258 opioid overdose deaths were in Connecticut, which made up 90.8% of all drug-related overdose deaths in the state.2, “Substance Use and Related Deaths, para 2” Beyond opioid abuse and drug overdose deaths, alcohol use disorder is also prevalent in Connecticut. Approximately 6.6% of Connecticut adults between 2018-2019 reported past-year alcohol use disorder, which is higher than the national average of 5.7%.2, “Substance Use and Related Deaths, Individuals in Connecticut Reporting Alcohol Use Disorder in the Past Year Chart”
Rehab centers can check your coverage based on the insurance information provided to them, or you can also call the number on the back of your insurance card to talk to an Anthem BCBS representative. American Addiction Centers can help you verify your insurance over the phone, via chat, or with an online verification form (SSVOB form), and they may be able to help you find a rehab center near you in Connecticut.
How to Find Anthem BCBS of Connecticut Covered Inpatient Drug Treatment Centers in CT?
There are several ways to find inpatient drug treatment centers covered by Anthem BCBS of Connecticut. First, you can work with American Addiction Centers (AAC) to help you check your benefits and find a covered facility. By calling the confidential helpline, you can speak to an admissions navigator who will help you go over your insurance information and find a facility within your plan’s network. If you call the helpline, you’ll be able to speak to a person who can help you accomplish these tasks right while you’re on the phone.
Another option is to call the number on the back of your insurance card and speak to a plan representative. Your BCBS insurance representative can help you find a covered facility within your plan’s network. Because there are so many different Anthem BCBS of Connecticut plans, it’s difficult to say precisely how many people go into rehab each year financed by their insurance plan. These covered facilities may include the top-notch AAC facilities across the nation, including nearby Massachusetts and Rhode Island locations.
What Is Anthem BCBS of Connecticut?
Anthem BCBS of Connecticut administers the state’s ACA marketplace insurance plans. They also offer employer healthcare plans and administer Connecticut’s Medicare and Medicaid plans. Anthem Inc. is the parent company and independent licensee of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association.3 Anthem BCBS serves members in 14 states, including Connecticut.3 Anthem, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest insurance companies, providing care to 118 million people through affiliated health plans.3, 4 Approximately 1 million patients and their families have received mental health care resources from Anthem, according to 2021 data.4
In Connecticut, individual and family plans offered by Anthem BCBS of Connecticut are available on the Health Insurance Marketplace.5 The plans vary in cost and breadth of coverage: the Bronze plan has the lowest premium and highest out-of-pocket costs, Silver has average premiums and lower deductibles/out-of-pocket costs than the Bronze plans, and the Gold plans have the highest premiums but lowest out-of-pocket costs.5
Anthem BCBS offers several different health care plans to suit every budget, and coverage and treatment availability can vary depending on your plan. You can call the number on the back of your insurance card at any time to speak to a BCBS representative who can explain your benefits to you and help you find an in-network treatment facility
How Much Does Anthem BCBS of Connecticut Cover (Addiction Treatment)?
When it comes to addiction treatment, what will be covered and how much will be covered by your Anthem BCBS of Connecticut plan will vary based on your specific plan. Another determining factor in terms of coverage may include where you seek care and if it’s a covered facility under your plan’s network. As such, it’s recommended that you call the number on the back of your insurance card to learn more about what your plan covers.
Your doctor may recommend specific treatment methods, which may or may not be covered by your plan. These treatments may include:
- Inpatient or residential rehab. Addiction treatment that involves a residential or inpatient rehab treatment program refers to a structured program where a patient remains at a facility 24/7 for the duration of their care, which includes round-the-clock medical supervision.6, Pg 8, “What types of treatment programs are available?” Para 2,
- Outpatient rehab or therapy. Addiction treatment that involves outpatient rehab typically refers to a program where a patient goes to a facility 1 or 2 times each week to receive their care, which may include therapy or counseling.6, Pg 10, Para 2
- Intensive outpatient programs. Addiction treatment that involves IOP refers to a program that offers more structure than a standard outpatient program, as it involves the patient attending a minimum number of hours each week.6, Pg 10, Para 3
- Partial hospitalization programs. Addiction treatment that involves a PHP refers to a program that has patients attend their treatment for 4–8 hours daily, for multiple days a week. Unlike inpatient or residential rehab, patients aren’t required to stay overnight.6, Pg 10, Para 1
Even though these are common treatment methods, they may not be recommended for your path to recovery. Similarly, they may not be fully or partially covered by your insurance plan. Be sure to follow the advice of your provider and check your insurance before seeking care whenever possible.
Does Blue Cross Blue Shield of Connecticut Provide Coverage for Mental Health Tretment Facilities?
Across the country in 2020, 17 million adults in the United States experienced a mental illness and a substance use disorder.7 The combination of experiencing both a mental illness and substance use disorder simultaneously is known as a co-occurring disorder or a dual diagnosis.7 For those who experience a co-occurring disorder, it is recommended that they receive integrated treatment, which is when they would receive care for both conditions at the same time.7
Treating a mental illness, substance use disorder, or both, comes at a cost. Under the Affordable Care Act (ACA), almost all health insurance plans, including your BCBS of CT plan, must provide some level of coverage for mental and behavioral health services.8 Specifically, plans must provide coverage for substance use disorder treatment in some capacity.8 This mandate helps ensure that plans provide coverage for both co-occurring disorder treatment and stand-alone heroin rehab treatment.
Does Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield of Connecticut Cover Addiction Treatment Therapies?
The therapies that are covered by Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield of Connecticut will depend on your specific plan. Be sure to call the number on the back of your Anthem BCBS of CT card to speak to a representative who can explain your benefits and coverage to you. Blue Cross Blue Shield Association provides members access to a Substance Use Resource Center. Your BCBS plan may cover—in whole or in part—the following common types of substance abuse treatments:9
- Withdrawal management (also known as detox)
- Outpatient care
- Inpatient care
- Residential care
- Medication-assisted treatment (MAT)
- Interim care
- Sober living home
Whenever possible, work with a rehab center directly or your insurance representative to check whether any of the above treatment methods are covered under your plan.
How Long Does Anthem BCBS of Connecticut Insurance Cover Alcohol and Drug Rehab Programs?
How long your Anthem BCBS of CT insurance plan covers drug and alcohol rehab programs will depend on your specific plan, where you receive care, and the type or duration of care you may need. It’s recommended that you verify your insurance before seeking care whenever possible to understand what may be covered under your plan and what your out-of-pocket costs may be. Regardless of your plan’s coverage, it’s important to note that staying in rehab for an adequate length of time is essential for your recovery. Experts recommend that you should remain in care for at least 3 months to improve overall outcomes and stop or reduce drug use.10, bullet 5
What if My Anthem BCBS of Connecticut Policy Does Not Cover an Inpatient Rehab Program?
It is possible that your Anthem BCBS of Connecticut policy doesn’t cover an inpatient drug rehab program. Plans may only cover portions of your care or may not cover your care at all depending on where you receive care. If this is the case, you can ask the rehab facility you choose whether there are payment options that may be available to you. For example, there may be financing or scholarship options that may be available to you to help offset some of the upfront costs of getting care. Despite the cost, it’s important to remember that getting the treatment right now is critical rather than pushing it off down the road.
Anthem BCBS of Connecticut In-Network vs. Out-of-Network Inpatient Rehab Centers
Health insurance companies divide providers into two categories: in-network and out-of-network. An in-network provider over an out-of-network provider can help you lower health care costs. This is because in-network providers are contracted with your insurance plan to provide care at lower rates.11 Certain plans will only provide coverage for in-network providers.11
This means that if you visit an out-of-network provider, your BCBS of Connecticut plan may not offer coverage for the care you receive.11 Consequently, the provider can charge whatever rates they set by their practice and you will be responsible for paying those costs out-of-pocket.11 As such, whenever possible, choosing an in-network provider is generally the most cost-effective option.
To find an in-network provider, you can call the number on the back of your insurance card. Alternatively, you can work with your rehab facility of choice or call the AAC helpline to speak to a real-life person who can help you find an in-network facility near you.
Rehabs That Take Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield CT Insurance
American Addiction Centers (AAC) has various rehab facilities around the country that provide drug and alcohol addiction treatment. If you have a Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance plan, the following AAC facilities accept Blue Cross Blue Shield for drug and alcohol addiction rehab.
- AdCare Rhode Island: With various facilities located in Rhode Island, AdCare provides innovative, quality, and cost-efficient addiction treatment. Its integrated system of care offers an inpatient treatment center in North Kingstown and a network of outpatient offices throughout Rhode Island. AdCare’s continuum of care includes detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, inpatient and outpatient services, and tele-health.
- Desert Hope Treatment Center: Located in Las Vegas, Nevada, Desert Hope provides individualized care programs as well as offering a full continuum of care including detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health.
- Greenhouse Treatment Center: Located in Grand Prairie, Texas, Greenhouse offers individualized treatment plans and many levels of care including detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and tele-health, all in a luxurious setting with high-end amenities.
- Laguna Treatment Hospital: Located in Orange County, California, Laguna is a chemical dependency recovery hospital that focuses on treating people who are medically compromised and need 24/7 oversight. Provided care includes detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment inpatient treatment, and intensive outpatient services.
- Oxford Treatment Center: Located in Etta, Mississippi, Oxford offers gender-specific rehab while offering an opportunity to connect with nature and try new activities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, inpatient and outpatient treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health, all with individualized treatment programs.
- Sunrise House Treatment Center: Located in Lafayette Township, New Jersey, Sunrise House provides treatment for people suffering from substance abuse from a medical and holistic standpoint. With various evidence-based therapeutic interventions, personalized care is provided through detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, and outpatient services.
There are various treatment programs for individuals struggling with drug or alcohol addiction, so don’t give up if the first program you check out doesn’t meet your individual needs. There are rehabs near me that can provide the treatment you need. Check out the directory to find a list of facilities and programs. You can search by location and filter by Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance.
How to Verify Anthem BCBS of Connecticut Insurance Coverage for Rehab Centers?
If you’re ready to receive the care you need to treat your substance use disorder, you should begin by verifying your Anthem BCBS of Connecticut insurance coverage. Using your insurance may help you keep your drug rehab center treatment costs low, but it’s impossible to say how many people go into rehab every year finance through Anthem BCBS of CT plans. With different plans available, specific numbers aren’t available. Despite this, using your health insurance can help you keep costs low.
AAC is here to help you navigate your journey to recovery. If you call the team at the AAC helpline, you can speak to a real person who can check your benefits right while you’re on the phone. They can also help connect you to the various AAC treatment centers in the nation, which provide top-notch quality programs. AAC works with a variety of insurers, which may include your specific Anthem BCBS of CT plan. Call us today to get started.