Blue Cross Blue Shield of Missouri Insurance for Detox, Rehab, and Aftercare
- Access to licensed treatment centers
- Information on treatment plans
- Financial assistance options
Does BCBS of Missouri Insurance Cover Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers?.
Struggling with an alcohol or drug misuse issue can be complicated and may require a comprehensive treatment plan. By understanding how to access your Blue Cross Blue Shield of MO, you can move forward in seeking the proper treatment for your well-being.
You can find out more details about your Blue Cross Blue Shield of Missouri substance abuse treatment coverage by checking the information on the back of your insurance card. If you’d rather speak to someone and verify your insurance right away, you can call American Addiction Centers (AAC), and an admissions navigator will give you the answer you need. Additionally, you can reach out for more information using online chat or an SSVOB form.
How To find BCBS of Missouri Covered Inpatient Drug Treatment Centers in MO?
When you contact AAC, an admissions navigator will take your insurance information down and quickly provide you with the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Missouri drug treatment providers near you. This can ease your mind as to what options for treatment are available for your needs.
You can verify Blue Cross Blue Shield of Missouri by calling the helpline and speaking to someone. Additionally, you can check the back of your insurance card for more information about your specific plan and coverage.
What Is BCBS of Missouri?
BCBS of MO is an Anthem subsidiary, which is a part of the Blue Cross Blue Shield network of services.1 Anthem, Inc. began with a merger between WellPoint Health Networks Inc. and Anthem, Inc. in 2004.1 In the beginning, the parent company was known by the name WellPoint, Inc. and changed it to Anthem in December 2014.1
Anthem is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association and services several states across the U.S., including California, Colorado, Connecticut, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Maine, Missouri, Nevada, New Hampshire, New York, Ohio, Virginia, and Wisconsin. 1
BCBS of MO is one of the nation’s leading health benefits companies in the United States. They offer several health plans and services, including behavioral health services.1
How Much Does BCBS of Missouri Cover (Addiction Treatment)?
Substance use disorder (SUD) is a chronic condition that can feel overwhelming to the person who is dealing with it. 2 Because of its complexity and its ability to change the structure of the brain, it is difficult to stop using a substance without an appropriate treatment plan. 2
Additionally, SUD can take on various forms and manifest differently in individuals, thus making it necessary for individualized treatment plans.2 A substance use disorder also varies in how it displays in people, with ranges from mild to severe.2 It’s essential to have a qualified substance misuse counselor advise on what the appropriate treatment plan should be going forward.
An admissions navigator can help guide you on whether more than one level of service is recommended for best results. It’s common to move from one level to another as your recovery strengthens.2
Your Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Missouri substance abuse treatment coverage may provide payment for some or all of the costs for the various treatment programs. These treatments are as follows:
- Inpatient or residential rehab: This level of treatment represents the most intense form of care from professional substance misuse providers. An inpatient program consists of 24/7 treatment that is overseen by medical doctors and staff. You will stay overnight in a residential environment and attend intensive rehab therapy sessions. Some patients also receive medicated-assisted detox treatment.2(inpatient)
- Partial hospitalization program (PHP): The PHP is also an intensive treatment setting that often includes therapy and detox. However, you won’t stay there 24/7. Instead, you will go to your own residence at night. This program may work well as a step down from inpatient treatment, or it could be an ideal starting point for some individuals. 3(partial)
- Intensive outpatient program (IOP): After completing one or both of the services mentioned above, you may want to consider an IOP. This treatment program provides patients with outpatient therapy more regularly than traditional outpatient therapy does. You will attend for several days and hours a week.2(outpatient)
- Outpatient treatment program and therapy: During an outpatient therapy program, patients will receive regular therapy services usually once a week. During the sessions, patients learn coping mechanisms for emotional regulation and strategies for relapse prevention. 2(outpatient)
Does Blue Cross Blue Shield of Missouri provides coverage for mental health facilities?
Your Blue Cross Blue Shield of Missouri benefits will allow for both substance misuse and mental health disorders due to its tie to the Affordable Care Act (ACA). The ACA mandates that insurance providers follow guidelines for coverage, and one of these guidelines is that insurance providers must allow for essential benefits, which include substance misuse and mental health disorder treatment.4
This indicates that BCBS of Missouri rehabilitation centers will cover co-occurring disorder treatment for mental health and substance misuse.4
Co-occurring mental health disorders are common with substance misuse.5 In fact, approximately half of the people using a substance will have a mental health condition as well as half of the people with a mental health disorder will misuse a substance.5 It works both ways.5
People may have any type of mental health condition co-occurring with substance misuse.5 However, there are certain conditions that tend to co-occur more frequently than others.6(2nd) These are as follows: 6(2nd)
- Anxiety disorders, including generalized anxiety disorder, panic disorder, and post-traumatic stress disorder.
- Bipolar disorder
- Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Psychotic illness
- Borderline personality disorder
- Antisocial personality disorder
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Missouri insurance drug treatment programs can assess your condition to determine if you have a co-occurring mental health condition when you begin treatment. It’s helpful to obtain treatment for both conditions simultaneously so that you don’t have a relapse.5
How Long Does BCBS of Missouri Insurance Cover Alcohol and Drug Rehab Programs?
The length of time you need to stay in one of the BCBS Missouri substance abuse treatment centers will depend on what you work out with an admissions navigator. Everyone’s needs are different, and the various treatment level times range. You may require an intensive inpatient program to begin with and then taper down to an intensive outpatient program or a partial hospitalization program, depending on your specific substance misuse situation. 2
However, most research points to longer treatment times as being best for patients in substance misuse treatment.7 It’s vital to stick with the program for a length of time that will get you over the difficult part and teach you strategies for coping on your own. At a minimum, 3 months is recommended.7
You can reach out to an admissions navigator for details about what length of time your Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Missouri benefits will cover.
What If My BCBS of Missouri Policy Does Not Cover an Inpatient Drug Rehab Program?
If you find out your Blue Cross Blue Shield of Missouri drug detox treatment insurance does not adequately cover you for inpatient care, don’t give up so quickly. It’s best not to prolong getting help because pushing it down the road can lead to harmful consequences. Instead, check with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Missouri insurance rehab centers for financial aid programs they may offer that can help offset the cost of rehab.
BCBS of Missouri In-Network vs. Out-of-Network Inpatient Drug Rehab Centers
If you participate in an in-patient rehab MISSOURI program, you won’t have to worry about your coverage costs. BCBS of MO in-network providers consist of medical facilities and rehabs that provide services at reduced rates because they have a contract with the insurance provider. 8
If you go outside the network, you are subjected to paying additional costs and fees, or your services may not be covered at all.8 It’s best to check with an admissions navigator to check if a location is a BCBS of Missouri substance abuse treatment facility.
You can also visit your insurance website to check for a list of Blue Cross Blue Shield of Missouri insurance rehab centers near you. If you prefer to talk to someone in person, call AAC and they can guide you through finding a Blue Cross Blue Shield of Missouri insurance facility.
What Rehab Centers Take Blue Cross Blue Shield of Missouri Insurance?
American Addiction Centers (AAC) has various rehab facilities around the country that provide drug and alcohol addiction treatment. If you have a Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance plan, the following AAC facilities accept Blue Cross Blue Shield for drug and alcohol addiction rehab.
- AdCare Rhode Island: With various facilities located in Rhode Island, AdCare provides innovative, quality, and cost-efficient addiction treatment. Its integrated system of care offers an inpatient treatment center in North Kingstown and a network of outpatient offices throughout Rhode Island. AdCare’s continuum of care includes detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, inpatient and outpatient services, and tele-health.
- Desert Hope Treatment Center: Located in Las Vegas, Nevada, Desert Hope provides individualized care programs as well as offering a full continuum of care including detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health.
- Greenhouse Treatment Center: Located in Grand Prairie, Texas, Greenhouse offers individualized treatment plans and many levels of care including detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and tele-health, all in a luxurious setting with high-end amenities.
- Laguna Treatment Hospital: Located in Orange County, California, Laguna is a chemical dependency recovery hospital that focuses on treating people who are medically compromised and need 24/7 oversight. Provided care includes detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment inpatient treatment, and intensive outpatient services.
- Oxford Treatment Center: Located in Etta, Mississippi, Oxford offers gender-specific rehab while offering an opportunity to connect with nature and try new activities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, inpatient and outpatient treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health, all with individualized treatment programs.
- River Oaks Treatment Center: Located in Riverview, Florida just outside of Tampa, River Oaks Treatment Center has advanced accreditations and professional staff who provide the highest level of individualized care to each person who attends a treatment program at the facility.
- Sunrise House Treatment Center: Located in Lafayette Township, New Jersey, Sunrise House provides treatment for people suffering from substance abuse from a medical and holistic standpoint. With various evidence-based therapeutic interventions, personalized care is provided through detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, and outpatient services.
There are various treatment programs for individuals struggling with drug or alcohol addiction, so don’t give up if the first program you check out doesn’t meet your individual needs. There are local rehab near you that can provide the treatment you need. Check out the directory to find a list of facilities and programs. You can search by location and filter by Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance.