Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Georgia: Rehab & Detox Centers in GA That Take Anthem BCBS
- Access to licensed treatment centers
- Information on treatment plans
- Financial assistance options
Does Anthem BCBS of Georgia Insurance Cover Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers?
If you or someone you love has an alcohol or drug addiction issue, finding the proper care for your needs is essential. Through Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia, you have access to drug or alcohol rehab options. Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield of GA provides behavioral health benefits that are included with your Anthem medical plan. It’s important to verify your insurance prior to being admitted to a rehab facility, so you can be assured that you are covered. If you know a substance abuse rehab facility that you’d like to participate in, you can contact the rehab center directly. They can check your coverage based on the insurance information you provide.
If you prefer, you can call the number on the back of your insurance card and obtain more information about your specific plan. Additionally, you can contact American Addiction Centers (AAC) and find out what Anthem Georgia substance abuse treatment centers are near you that accept your insurance. AAC has several channels by which you can communicate to find out more information about where you can seek treatment with Anthem BCBS Georgia insurance coverage.
How To Find Anthem BCBS of Georgia Covered Inpatient Drug Treatment Centers in GA
The more efficient way to find out where to start drug rehab treatment in Georgia is to contact American Addiction Centers (AAC). An admissions navigator will verify your insurance coverage for you while you wait. If you desire to speak to someone about other issues involving drug or alcohol addiction, you can contact the AAC helpline. They can answer limited questions, such as:
- Where are top-quality AAC facilities in your area?
- What are the signs of addiction?
- What substances do particular providers treat?
- What amenities are at the facility you plan to attend?
What Is Anthem BCBS of Georgia?
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Georgia offers its clients healthcare services and plans. 2 Anthem BCBS of GA is a leading healthcare company designed to improve the physical and mental health of its clients. 2 Anthem serves more than 118 million people, which also includes over 45 million within its connected provider health plans.
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia is also associated with affiliate companies and serves people in California, Colorado, Connecticut, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Maine, Missouri (excluding 30 counties in the Kansas City area), Nevada, New Hampshire, New York, Ohio, Virginia (excluding the Northern Virginia suburbs of Washington, D.C.), and Wisconsin. 2
How Much Does Anthem BCBS of Georgia Cover (Addiction Treatment)?
When considering how much your Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance will cover of your addiction treatment, it’s important first to consider what types of treatments you’ll need and if you need more than one type of treatment level. It’s common for people with substance use disorder to need a range of therapeutic treatments due to the complexity of the disease.3 It can be a lifelong struggle. Consequently, some people may find they need addiction treatment and rehab throughout their life.3
When you talk to an admissions navigator, they will analyze what treatment programs would best serve your needs. Depending on the type of addiction issues you are facing, the admissions navigator may suggest that you begin with the highest level of care, which is inpatient or residential treatment.
After completing this more intense level of rehab, you may transition to a lower level of treatment, such as intensive outpatient therapy or standard outpatient therapy. However, moving from a higher level of treatment to a lower level isn’t automatically what will occur. You may start at the bottom tier and find that this level of treatment isn’t adequate and move to a more intense level.
Everyone is unique in how they transition between the treatment programs. An admissions navigator can advise you about what treatments are best for you and how long you may need to be in treatment.
The amount of Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia substance abuse treatment coverage you may have depends on your specific policy. So it’s best to consult with an admissions navigator for details. However, your Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia benefits may cover all or part of the following:
- Inpatient or residential rehab: As stated above, the inpatient treatment program will be the most intensive type of treatment, with patients receiving 24/7 residential service. People in this treatment program will have medical clinicians with them throughout their stay. There is an array of therapeutic services that clients will take part in, which can include medication-assisted detox, therapy, and group sessions.3(inpatient)
- Partial hospitalization program (PHP): A partial hospitalization program (PHP) works with patients in an inpatient setting that is similar to the residential program. However, they will stay the night at their own residence. There are plenty of therapy sessions throughout the day to assist patients with achieving their goal of sobriety. They will learn the tools for successful living when they do go home at night. 4(partial)
- Intensive outpatient program (IOP): An intensive outpatient program (IOP) delivers a robust program where patients gain a more intense form of therapy than the typical outpatient program. You will attend sessions several times throughout the week for several hours. This type of program may be a good fit for someone who has completed one of the other more residential-type programs and is ready to spend a bit more time on their own.3(outpatient)
- Outpatient treatment program and therapy: The least intense form of rehab is the outpatient treatment program. It incorporates many of the same tools as the other programs but is conducted less frequently than the other treatment levels. A patient may attend 1–2 times a week.3(outpatient)
Does Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia Provide Coverage for Mental Health Treatment Facilities?
People who are diagnosed with a substance misuse disorder often have a mental health disorder that co-occurs with substance misuse.5 There is no consensus on what causes these 2 conditions to co-occur, but the research shows there is a correlation.5 Some research indicates that a person with a mental health disorder could self-medicate if they’re not being treated, and that leads to substance use.5
A person who doesn’t have a mental health disorder initially may develop one due to continued use of a substance. 5 The reason for this is that substance misusage over time will change the brain, leading to mental health problems.5 When these 2 conditions co-occur, it is best to seek co-occurring disorder treatment. This targets the treatment of both conditions together.5 By having a treatment plan that works on both conditions together, you can minimize relapses.5
Don’t be concerned about Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Georgia mental health coverage covering substance abuse treatment simultaneously. Due to the Affordable Care Act (ACA), you can receive treatment for both conditions together at one facility. The ACA enacted a mandate that states insurance providers must provide for mental health and substance misuse disorders.6 You just need to ensure that the rehab center offers co-occurring disorder treatment. This mandate allows patients to receive treatment for both conditions together.6
Does Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia Cover Addiction Treatment Therapies?
Therapy is a key part of any type of rehab treatment.7 An Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia drug detox treatment center will offer a range of therapies to assist with healing and sobriety. The Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia drug treatment coverage may allow for all types of therapies but vary in how many hours that’ll be covered a day/week. An admissions navigator can verify your insurance information when you contact them.
Some of the therapies that may be included in your Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia insurance drug treatment program include:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy is a treatment that focuses on helping change a person’s thinking patterns to help them with behavioral issues.3
- Motivational interviewing is a method used to motivate people to begin therapy and seek sobriety.3
- Psychotherapy is “talk” therapy. It is the umbrella term for a wide variety of therapies.7
- Multidimensional family therapy is targeted to assist families dealing with substance misuse.3
- Motivational incentives (contingency management) use positive reinforcement as a way to help people gain sobriety.3
How Long Does Anthem BCBS of Georgia Insurance Cover Alcohol and Drug Rehab Programs?
Some people need to stay in one of the Anthem BCBS of Georgia rehabilitation centers for an extended period, while others may gain the tools they need to live soberly in less time. In most cases, it’s beneficial to look at rehab as an ongoing life habit. Since no two people have the exact same journey during rehab, it’s best to discuss the length of time you’ll be in rehab with an admissions navigator.
An admissions navigator will assess your situation and work out a treatment plan with you. This plan will focus on your specific needs at the moment. As time goes on, the plan may be modified to fit your needs. Most medical clinicians do agree that a treatment program of 3 months is usually the minimum amount that patients should have.8
What if My Anthem BCBS of Georgia Policy Does Not Cover an Inpatient Drug Rehab Program?
There may be a chance that Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia insurance rehab doesn’t cover all the costs for an inpatient drug rehab program. If that is the case with you, don’t let it discourage you or hold you back from seeking care. Many Anthem residential treatment centers in Georgia offer special financing plans, scholarships, and reduced-cost treatment for those in need.
Anthem BCBS of Georgia In-Network vs. Out-of-Network Inpatient Rehab Centers
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia drug treatment providers that are in-network with your insurance will help cover the costs of care.9 If you use an Anthem BCBS of Georgia substance abuse treatment facility that is within the network of providers given, then you can be confident that the facility has a contract with your insurance.9 This helps reduce costs and possibly covers all the expenses of your rehab.9 You’ll need to check with an admissions navigator to verify your insurance is in-network.
If you choose an out-of-network provider, you may have to pay for services.9
Rehabs That Take Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia Insurance
American Addiction Centers (AAC) has various rehab facilities around the country that provide drug and alcohol addiction treatment. If you have a Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance plan, the following AAC facilities accept Blue Cross Blue Shield for drug and alcohol addiction rehab.
- AdCare Rhode Island: With various facilities located in Rhode Island, AdCare provides innovative, quality, and cost-efficient addiction treatment. Its integrated system of care offers an inpatient treatment center in North Kingstown and a network of outpatient offices throughout Rhode Island. AdCare’s continuum of care includes detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, inpatient and outpatient services, and tele-health.
- Desert Hope Treatment Center: Located in Las Vegas, Nevada, Desert Hope provides individualized care programs as well as offering a full continuum of care including detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health.
- Greenhouse Treatment Center: Located in Grand Prairie, Texas, Greenhouse offers individualized treatment plans and many levels of care including detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and tele-health, all in a luxurious setting with high-end amenities.
- Laguna Treatment Hospital: Located in Orange County, California, Laguna is a chemical dependency recovery hospital that focuses on treating people who are medically compromised and need 24/7 oversight. Provided care includes detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment inpatient treatment, and intensive outpatient services.
- Oxford Treatment Center: Located in Etta, Mississippi, Oxford offers gender-specific rehab while offering an opportunity to connect with nature and try new activities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, inpatient and outpatient treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health, all with individualized treatment programs.
- Sunrise House Treatment Center: Located in Lafayette Township, New Jersey, Sunrise House provides treatment for people suffering from substance abuse from a medical and holistic standpoint. With various evidence-based therapeutic interventions, personalized care is provided through detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, and outpatient services.
There are various treatment programs for individuals struggling with drug or alcohol addiction, so don’t give up if the first program you check out doesn’t meet your individual needs. There are rehabs near me that can provide the treatment you need. Check out the directory to find a list of facilities and programs. You can search by location and filter by Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance.
How to Verify Anthem BCBS of Georgia Insurance Coverage for Drug Rehab Centers?
It’s simple to verify whether an Anthem BCBS of Georgia treatment center will be accepted by your insurance. You can contact AAC and get an answer right away. Also, AAC has several drug and alcohol treatment centers in Georgia or the surrounding area. With top-quality facilities located across the U.S., you’re sure to find the rehab services you need for your journey to sobriety.
Contact the helpline at AAC and locate Anthem rehab facilities in Georgia. A brighter future awaits you today.