Aetna Arizona: Rehab & Detox Centers in AZ That Take Aetna Insurance
Substance abuse is a major issue in the state of Arizona. There have been several reports, projects, and studies done to examine just how bad this problem is. Statistics from the National Survey on Drug Use and Health Report, provided by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMSHA), highlight issues in the metropolitan area of Arizona.
In the Phoenix-Mesa-Glenda MSA area, they surveyed different age groups to examine how many people were impacted. Results of this study are listed below: 1 Substance Use and Mental Disorders in the Phoenix-Mesa-Glendale MSA
- An average of 558,000 persons aged 12 or older used illicit drugs, which represented 16% of the MSA population.
- 326,000 persons aged 12 or older were classified as having a substance abuse use disorder.
- 23% of persons aged 12 or older smoked cigarettes.
- 23% of persons aged 12 or older binged alcohol.
These statistics, although a fraction of the population, are cause for alarm.
Arizona’s location is in the southwestern part of the U.S. and was admitted as the 48th state to the Union. This state is most notable for its open land space that comprises national parks, national forests, wildlife preserves, and Indian reservations.
The most iconic feature of Arizona is the Grand Canyon. 2 AZ Fun Facts The capital of Arizona is Phoenix, which is the 5th largest city in the U.S., with an estimated population of 1,680,992; and Arizona is the 14th most populous state, with 7,200,000 people. 2 AZ Fun Facts
Does Aetna of Arizona insurance cover Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers?
Aetna of Arizona provides insurance coverage for inpatient alcohol and drug rehab centers. The level and amount of coverage will vary on your particular plan. Aetna insurance covers medical, pharmacy, and dental plans, Medicare plans, Medicaid services, behavioral health programs, and medical management. 3 Aetna Facts
As it relates to alcohol and drug rehab centers, according to Marketplace plans found under the Affordable Care Act, insurance plans must cover both substance abuse and mental health services. 4 Mental health & substance abuse coverage Rehab centers fall within the previously mentioned services.
BannerAetna of Arizona has a standard plan, 2023 AZ BannerAetna Bronze: HMO ON Standard, which gives an example of coverages for alcohol and drug rehabilitation. An example of coverage is listed below taken from the summary of benefits and coverage for this plan: 5 2023 AZ BannerAetna Bronze: HMO ON Standard
- Outpatient service coverage (network provider)
- $50 Copayment/Visit
- Deductible does not apply
- 50% coinsurance on all other outpatient services
- Inpatient service coverage (network provider)
- 50% coinsurance
The rehabilitation centers you choose are able to check your specified coverage based on the information you provide from your insurance plan. You can locate the number found on the back of your insurance card that provides the information you will need to give the rehabilitation center. In addition, you can contact American Addiction Centers (AAC) at 1-702-847-7887. This helpline is open 24/7, and there are people there to assist you. You can also utilize or fill out an online SSVOB form.
What is Aetna of Arizona?
Aetna of Arizona is called Banner|Aetna. This insurance company is the combination of Banner|Aetna, a nonprofit healthcare system, and Aetna insurance. The home base of Banner|Aetna is in Phoenix, Arizona, and it began offering plans, such as Aetna Whole Health, in 2011. 6 About Us The Banner|Aetna network is extensive in that it has over 250,000 members covering the Phoenix and Tucson areas.
- AdCare Rhode Island (Rhode Island).
- River Oaks Treatment Center (Florida).
- Desert Hope Treatment Center (Nevada).
- Greenhouse Treatment Center (Texas).
- Laguna Treatment Hospital (California).
- Recovery First Treatment Center (Florida).
- Sunrise House Treatment Center (New Jersey).
- Oxford Treatment Center (Mississippi).
To determine your level of courage, as stated, you can reach out to the respective facilities. Their information is contained within the facilities hyperlink above.
What Substance Addiction Does Aetna AZ Rehab Treatment Centers Cover?
Substance abuse addictions involve several common substances. Centers provide the treatment, plans, and guidance needed to assist in the person overcoming addiction to these various substances. Some common substances are: 7 Commonly Used Drug Charts
- Synthetic cathinones.
- Prescription opioids.
- Prescription stimulants.
How Much Does Aetna of Arizona Cover (Addiction Treatment)?
Specific coverage limits under Aetna of Arizona, or Banner|Aetna, depends on the type of plan you have. The following types of treatment are covered: detoxification, rehabilitation (inpatient and rehabilitation), partial hospital treatment, and intensive outpatient treatment. These types of treatments are described below: 8 Alcohol and Drug Treatment
- Rehabilitation (Inpatient and Residential) — In this treatment, programs are offered in alcohol and treatment facilities, psychiatric facilities, and medical hospitals. Patients receive 24-hour supervision in this type of treatment. In addition, any other psychiatric or medical issues are also managed.
- Detoxification — In this treatment, patients go through the phases of detoxification within an outpatient program. Several factors such as type of drug, alcohol amounts consumed, and severity of addiction are considered as to the length of detoxification.
- Intensive Outpatient Treatment — Patients meet for a couple of hours, sometimes 3–5 times each week. Patients can continue with daily tasks, such as working, while enrolled in these types of programs as well.
- Partial Hospital Treatment — Patients go through about 4–8 hours of treatment, and are allowed to return home each night. They are connected with self-help groups that assist in their recovery from substance abuse addiction.
Does Aetna of Arizona Insurance Cover Mental Health Care Treatment Facilities?
Aetna of Arizona has mental health coverage and benefits under its behavioral health umbrella. They have an Aetna Behavioral Health site that provides the following: 9 Mental Health Benefits for Members
- Connections to your community
- Healthy tips for living
- Inspirational videos and empowering stories
- Emotional well-being checks
- Caregiver resources and support
This website can assist you in finding the mental health resources that you need.
Co-occurring disorders are the coexistence of both mental illness and substance abuse disorder. 10 Co-Occurring Disorders and Other Health Conditions People often experience co-occurring disorders. Some of the most common mental disorders seen are: 10 Co-Occurring Disorders and Other Health Conditions
- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
- Conduct disorders.
- Major depressive disorder.
- Bipolar disorder.
- Anxiety and mood disorders.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
Patients being treated for the above-listed mental disorders often abuse the following: 10 Co-Occurring Disorders and Other Health Conditions
- Prescription drugs
The Affordable Care Act (ACA), enacted in 2010, is a comprehensive reform law that implemented reforms to the health insurance market and increased health insurance coverage for the uninsured. 11 Understanding the Affordable Care Act This act also required that substance abuse treatments be offered on par with medical and surgical procedures. 12 The Affordable Care Act Transformation of Substance Use Disorder Treatment paragraph 5
How Long Does Aetna of Arizona Insurance Cover Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab program?
Coverage length Aetna of Arizona varies for inpatient alcohol and drug rehabilitation programs. The following factors cause a variation in coverage:
- The length of the treatment
- The selected treatment facility
- Presence of other potential issues such as having a co-occurring disorder that must be treated in tandem.
Overall, your Aetna plan manager will assist you in determining how long they will cover your treatment. The types of coverage, policy types, and factors differ from person to person. Specific plan information can be found by looking up your plan information on your insurance card.
What if my Aetna of Arizona policy does not cover an Inpatient drug rehab program?
If your policy does not cover inpatient drug rehabilitation programs, there are several different options you can utilize. Diverse rehabilitation centers may offer scholarship programs or financing to cover the expenses of your treatment.
To find the specified options, you are encouraged to call the rehabilitation center where you are interested in receiving treatment. Many of these treatment centers will help you with your options and assess your personal financial situation. Options include free rehab, grants, or lower treatment costs. However, no matter whether you can afford treatment or not, you must exhaust all means to get the assistance you need. It is critical to receive treatment sooner rather than later.
Aetna of Arizona In Network vs. Out of Network Inpatient Drug Rehab Centers
You can go about checking whether a treatment provider is in or out of network by calling Aetna. They will be able to give you a list of providers within your network.
What Rehab Centers Take Aetna Insurance?
American Addiction Centers (AAC) has various rehab facilities around the country that provide drug and alcohol addiction treatment. If you have a Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance plan, the following AAC facilities accept Blue Cross Blue Shield for drug and alcohol addiction rehab.
- AdCare Rhode Island: With various facilities located in Rhode Island, AdCare provides innovative, quality, and cost-efficient addiction treatment. Its integrated system of care offers an inpatient treatment center in North Kingstown and a network of outpatient offices throughout Rhode Island. AdCare’s continuum of care includes detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, inpatient and outpatient services, and tele-health.
- Greenhouse Treatment Center: Located in Grand Prairie, Texas, Greenhouse offers individualized treatment plans and many levels of care including detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and tele-health, all in a luxurious setting with high-end amenities.
- Oxford Treatment Center: Located in Etta, Mississippi, Oxford offers gender-specific rehab while offering an opportunity to connect with nature and try new activities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, inpatient and outpatient treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health, all with individualized treatment programs.
- Recovery First Treatment Center: Located in Hollywood, Florida, Recovery First treats substance use disorders by combining evidence-based therapeutic modalities with top-level care. Recovery First provides a personalized continuum of care including detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and tele-health.
- River Oaks Treatment Center: Located in Riverview, Florida, River Oaks treats substance use disorders through combining evidence-based therapies with world-class amenities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, behavioral disorder treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, outpatient services, and tele-health, all with individualized treatment programs.
- Sunrise House Treatment Center: Located in Lafayette Township, New Jersey, Sunrise House provides treatment for people suffering from substance abuse from a medical and holistic standpoint. With various evidence-based therapeutic interventions, personalized care is provided through detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, and outpatient services.
There are various treatment programs for individuals struggling with drug or alcohol addiction, so don’t give up if the first program you check out doesn’t meet your individual needs. There are rehabs near me that can provide the treatment you need. Check out the directory to find a list of facilities and programs. You can search by location and filter by Aetna insurance.
How to find Aetna of Arizona covered Inpatient drug treatment centers in AZ?
Aetna of Arizona provides comprehensive plans that can be utilized to cover inpatient drug treatment centers in and around Arizona. Coverage for treatment at inpatient drug centers can range from full coverage to partial coverage, all depending on your specified plan. To verify your Aetna of Arizona insurance coverage, AAC can assist you. AAC has helped thousands of people get their lives back on the right track. You are encouraged to call their helpline to further discuss inpatient treatment options.
One of the American Addiction Centers located around Arizona is Desert Hope Treatment Center in Nevada provides top-notch rehabilitation treatment. This facility accepts Aetna of Arizona. Facility highlights include:
- Coronavirus testing.
- Co-occurring disorder treatment.
- Safe medical detox.
- Inpatient residential.
- PHP/day treatment.
- Telehealth addiction treatment.
- Outpatient therapy.
In addition, Desert Hope offers a wide variety of specialized treatment programs and services for Veterans, first responders, and those with co-occurring disorders.
Another top-notch rehabilitation center of AAC is Laguna Treatment Hospital. This facility accepts Aetna of Arizona as well. Facility highlights include:
- Safe medical detox.
- Coronavirus testing.
- Outpatient therapy.
- Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP).
- PHP/Day treatment.
- Inpatient residential.
Laguna Treatment Hospital is a chemical dependency hospital that focuses on the treatment of people who are medically compromised and need 24/7 oversight.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. (n.d.). Substance use and mental disorders in the Phoenix-Mesa-Glendale MSA.
- Arizona: The Grand Canyon State. (n.d.). At-a-glance AZ fun facts.
- Aetna.(n.d.). Aetna facts.
- Healthcare.gov. (n.d.). Mental health & substance abuse coverage.
- BannerAetna: 2023 AZ BannerAetna Bronze: HMO ON Standard. (n.d.). Summary of benefits and coverage.
- BannerAetna.(n.d.). About us.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (n.d.). Commonly used drugs charts.
- Aetna.(n.d.). Alcohol and drug treatment.
- Aetna.(n.d.). Mental health benefits for members.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. (n.d.). Co-occurring disorders and other health conditions.
- American Medical Association. (n.d.). Understanding the Affordable Care Act.
- National Library of Medicine. (2017, January). The Affordable Care Act transformation of substance use disorder treatment.
- Insurance Provider Name
- Policy Member's Full Name
- Policy Membership/Subscriber ID