Aetna California: Rehab & Detox Centers in CA That Take Aetna Insurance
California is 1 of the most popular states in the nation. Known for its beautiful beaches, perfect weather, and diverse culture, people from all over the world travel to California yearly. When you think of California, you may envision its many landmarks and tourist attractions, like Hollywood in Los Angeles, the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco, or Yosemite National Park. With a highly diverse population of almost 40 million, many reside in Southern California and San Francisco.1
Like many other places in the U.S., California communities are struggling with substance use disorder.2 summary A 2022 report found substance use in California to be widespread, with over half of Californians over age 12 reporting alcohol use in the past month and 20% reporting marijuana use.2 summary
In 2021, 9% of Californians (about 3,600,000) met the criteria for substance use disorder, but only 10% (about 360,000) received treatment.2 summary Fentanyl and psychostimulants like amphetamines are responsible for many overdose deaths in California.2 summary From 2011 to 2019, fentanyl deaths in California increased tenfold.2 executive summary p.2 – key findings include
The state of California continues to fight the battle against addiction and increase access to substance use disorder treatment. Many treatment services are available throughout California to help those struggling with addiction get the help they need.
If you or a loved one is struggling with substance use disorder, help is available even if you don’t have insurance. If you have Aetna of California insurance, some, if not all, of the cost for many treatment services like medical detox, inpatient rehab, outpatient rehab, and behavioral therapies will be covered under your insurance. Other financing options are available through many federal, state, and local organizations.
Does Aetna of California insurance cover Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers?
Aetna of California insurance plans cover some or all of the costs for alcohol and drug addiction treatment. The exact amount covered will depend on your specific plan.
To find out more about what your plan covers, you can check your coverage by providing your information to the rehab center you’re interested in attending. You can also call the number on the back of your insurance card or reach out to American Addiction Centers (AAC). We can assist you with verifying your insurance by phone or online chat, or you can fill out the SSVOB form below.
What is Aetna of California?
Aetna has provided quality healthcare services and benefits to individuals, employers, and healthcare professionals since 1853.3 They provide a wide range of programs and services, insurance plans, tools, and resources to their estimated 39 million members.4
Aetna offers the following health plans and services:4
- Medical, pharmacy, and dental plans
- Medicare plans
- Medicaid services
- Behavioral health services and programs
- Medical management
Aetna of California understands the importance of expanding the availability of services throughout the community. They strive to offer high-quality care while controlling costs and educating members so they can make the best decisions regarding healthcare services.4 By providing access to various addiction treatments and services, hundreds of in-network rehab centers are available with Aetna of California insurance.
What Substance Addiction Does Aetna CA Rehab Treatment Centers Cover?
With Aetna of California insurance, addiction treatment centers are available throughout California to help, no matter what substance you’re misusing or addicted to. Coverage for at least a portion, if not all, costs of treatment is available through Aetna of California for many substances, such as:
- Crystal meth.
- Prescription drugs.
How Much Does Aetna of California Cover (Addiction Treatment)?
Aetna of California insurance will cover a portion, and sometimes all, costs of several addiction treatment options. Your Aetna of California coverage will differ depending on various factors like the services you require, your treatment duration, and your specific plan. Some of the most common addiction treatment options covered under Aetna of California insurance include: 2 p.34 Treatment Facilities and Programs
- Inpatient and residential rehab: If you’re struggling with a severe addiction, an inpatient or residential facility could be beneficial. These facilities offer a safe, supportive space to live while in treatment. You can disconnect from your everyday environment and focus on recovery completely. Inpatient rehab provides a space to develop healthy coping skills and understand addiction triggers to promote long-term sobriety. Many standard programs last between 30 and 90 days, but longer ones are available. 2 p.34 Treatment Facilities and Programs
- Outpatient rehab and therapy: For people with mild to moderate addictions, outpatient programs can be a great place to start. Outpatient rehabs provide similar treatments to inpatient rehabs, like medical detox, peer support, and one-on-one therapy. And you can still live at home while seeking treatment. You’ll develop skills to fight addiction triggers and prevent relapse. 2 p.34 Treatment Facilities and Programs
- Intensive outpatient programs (IOP): IOPs are more rigorous outpatient programs that require you to visit a treatment center a specific amount of times weekly. With IOPs, you can continue living at home and dealing with daily responsibilities while in treatment.2 p.57
- Partial hospitalization programs (PHP): PHPs, or day treatment programs, are similar to inpatient programs, but you can remain living at home during treatment. They require you to attend the facility almost daily for multiple hours a day. 2 p.57
Does Aetna of California Insurance Cover Mental Health Care Treatment Facilities?
Under the Affordable Care Act (ACA), health insurance companies are required to provide coverage for essential benefits.5 Behavioral and mental health care are considered essential health benefits, which means that seeking treatment for conditions like co-occurring disorders or heroin addiction will always be covered under your Aetna of California insurance plan.6
When someone suffers from a mental illness, along with substance use disorder, mental health care is often necessary to treat both issues appropriately.6 what should I do Co-occurring disorders or “dual diagnoses” are very common, with many struggling with mental health disorders like anxiety, depression, attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), or bipolar disorder, as well as addiction.6 intro Of the 21 million people struggling with addiction, almost half of them are fighting a mental illness. 6 intro
The onset of co-occurring disorders is thought to happen in 2 different ways.6 does one cause the other Some people become addicted to substances by trying to self-medicate or alleviate the symptoms of their mental health illness with substances, resulting in addiction over time.6 does one cause the other Others develop mental health illnesses from long-term excessive use of drugs or alcohol.6 does one cause the other No matter how a co-occurring disorder manifests, mental health professionals agree that treating both illnesses simultaneously is the best method for efficient care and long-term recovery. 6 What should I do?
How Long Does Aetna of California Insurance Cover Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab program?
How long your Aetna of California insurance covers inpatient alcohol and drug rehab programs will depend on your specific plan. When it comes to treatment, everyone is different, and no one treatment will work for all. But no matter the person, mental health professionals agree that longer treatment times are generally the most effective in achieving long-term sobriety.7 p.5 principles of effective treatment
Taking as much time as you need to build the necessary coping skills and focus on yourself can greatly affect your treatment outcome.7 p.5 principles of effective treatment Focusing on self-care and learning strategies to better address addiction triggers when difficult life situations arise will likely result in the most efficient treatment.7 p.5 principles of effective treatment
Like most insurance companies, Aetna of California insurance will cap the expenses they cover. The duration of your treatment will affect pricing and how much is covered. Because there are so many different tiers of coverage and types of policies, your coverage will be based on your specific plan.
To find out more about your specific Aetna of California insurance plan, reach out directly to the rehab facility you’re interested in or call the number on the back of your insurance card. If you need to verify your insurance, AAC can also assist you.
What if my Aetna of California policy does not cover an Inpatient drug rehab program?
If your Aetna of California policy doesn’t cover the inpatient drug rehab program that’s best suited for you, don’t let it deter you from getting treatment. Many options for financial assistance are available through federal, state, and local organizations to help you get the help you need. You can receive partial or complete funding through scholarships, grants, and other financial assistance for substance use treatment. Some options are:
- The Affordable Care Act (ACA): The ACA Provides coverage for addiction treatment services to people with low or no income.5
- State-funded rehabs and local assistance: Many state and local organizations offer scholarships to partially or fully cover the costs of medical detox and addiction treatment programs.
- Government-funded programs: The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) provides financial assistance for at-risk and high-risk populations through Block grants. Anyone struggling with addiction, especially IV drug users, mothers, and expecting mothers, is encouraged to apply to receive partial or complete coverage for substance abuse treatment.8 What is a Block Grant?
- S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA): The VA offers financial aid to Veterans struggling with addiction or mental health issues. Different services, like medical detox, outpatient therapy, medication-assisted treatment (MAT), and mental health treatment are covered depending on eligibility.9 What services does VA provide for Veterans with substance use problems?
- Loans and financing: You can apply for bank loans or assistance from lenders that specialize in funding substance use treatment. If you know someone who can loan you the money, taking a private loan is also an option.
Getting help for your addiction as soon as possible is most important and shouldn’t be pushed off for another day. Learn more ways to pay for treatment and begin your journey to recovery.
Aetna of California In Network vs. Out of Network Inpatient Drug Rehab Centers
When paying for treatment with your Aetna of California insurance, it’s important to choose a provider within your network to ensure that at least some of the cost will be covered. In-network providers are healthcare professionals and facilities contracted to provide healthcare services through your insurance. If you choose an in-network rehab center, you’ll likely still have to pay fees like deductibles and co-pays. But when you choose a rehab outside your network, you’ll often have to pay most costs for treatment out of pocket.
To find out if a rehab center is in your network, call the number on the back of your insurance card, reach out to the rehab directly, or contact AAC for more information.
How to find Aetna of California covered Inpatient drug treatment centers in CA?
Embarking on the road to recovery is a brave and often difficult decision. Knowing what’s covered under your insurance can reduce some of the stress when getting started. AAC can verify your insurance coverage for you.
Call our helpline to speak directly with a representative who can check your benefits right while you’re on the phone. You can also reach out through online chat and connect with an agent who can assist you. Every year hundreds of people attend rehab financed through Aetna of California insurance.
AAC provides access to some of the leading treatment centers in the nation. Laguna Treatment Center is one of our top-notch California facilities, offering an upscale treatment experience from well-renowned mental health care professionals.
This Laguna Beach facility provides exceptional amenities and accommodations, along with expert medical care through individualized services. The high-quality addiction treatment plans offered through Laguna Treatment Center provide services like medical detox, inpatient residential treatment, addiction-focused healthcare, and addiction aftercare.
If you’re ready to start the journey to recovery, AAC is here to help. Contact us today to learn more about your Aetna of California coverage and other ways to finance your treatment.
What Rehab Centers Take Aetna Insurance?
American Addiction Centers (AAC) has various rehab facilities around the country that provide drug and alcohol addiction treatment. If you have an Aetna insurance plan, the following AAC facilities accept Aetna for drug and alcohol addiction rehab.
- AdCare Rhode Island: With various facilities located in Rhode Island, AdCare provides innovative, quality, and cost-efficient addiction treatment. Its integrated system of care offers an inpatient treatment center in North Kingstown and a network of outpatient offices throughout Rhode Island. AdCare’s continuum of care includes detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, inpatient and outpatient services, and tele-health.
- Greenhouse Treatment Center: Located in Grand Prairie, Texas, Greenhouse offers individualized treatment plans and many levels of care including detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and tele-health, all in a luxurious setting with high-end amenities.
- Oxford Treatment Center: Located in Etta, Mississippi, Oxford offers gender-specific rehab while offering an opportunity to connect with nature and try new activities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, inpatient and outpatient treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health, all with individualized treatment programs.
- Recovery First Treatment Center: Located in Hollywood, Florida, Recovery First treats substance use disorders by combining evidence-based therapeutic modalities with top-level care. Recovery First provides a personalized continuum of care including detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and tele-health.
- River Oaks Treatment Center: Located in Riverview, Florida, River Oaks treats substance use disorders through combining evidence-based therapies with world-class amenities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, behavioral disorder treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, outpatient services, and tele-health, all with individualized treatment programs.
- Sunrise House Treatment Center: Located in Lafayette Township, New Jersey, Sunrise House provides treatment for people suffering from substance abuse from a medical and holistic standpoint. With various evidence-based therapeutic interventions, personalized care is provided through detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, and outpatient services.
There are various treatment programs for individuals struggling with drug or alcohol addiction, so don’t give up if the first program you check out doesn’t meet your individual needs. There are rehabs near me that can provide the treatment you need. Check out the directory to find a list of facilities and programs. You can search by location and filter by Aetna insurance.
- California.gov. (2022). Living.
- California Health Care Almanac. (2022). Substance use in California, 2022: Prevalence and treatment.
- Aetna.(n.d.). Our history.
- Aetna.(n.d.). Aetna facts.
- Healthcare.gov. (n.d.). Affordable Care Act (ACA).
- National Alliance on Mental Illness. (n.d.). Understanding dual diagnosis.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2018). Principles of drug addiction treatment: A research-based guide (third edition).
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. (n.d.). Substance abuse and mental health block grants.
- S. Department of Veteran Affairs. (2022). Substance use treatment for veterans.