Aetna Arkansas Insurance Coverage for Drug and Alcohol Rehab Treatment
Aetna Arkansas: Rehab & Detox Centers in AR That Take Aetna Insurance
People seeking help for a substance use disorder in Arkansas may have questions about what treatment options are covered by insurance. If you have Aetna insurance in Arkansas, it’s a good idea to familiarize yourself with your insurance coverage before enrolling in a drug or alcohol rehab program. Whether you are seeking treatment for yourself or a loved one, taking full advantage of your insurance benefits can help you get the appropriate care and make the most out of treatment.
The organization Arkansas Take Back reports that Arkansas prescribes 114.6 opioid prescriptions per 100 people, compared to the national average of 66.5 prescriptions.1 (blockquote) The rate of drug overdose deaths has been increasing steadily in Arkansas over the past 20 years; in the year 2000, the drug overdose death rate was 5.4 per 100,000 residents.2 (graph) By 2020—the last year of data available from the CDC—that figure had increased to 19.1 deaths per 100,000 residents.3 (diagram) There were 546 drug overdose deaths in Arkansas in 2020.3 (diagram)
If you or someone you know is in need of drug or alcohol treatment in Arkansas, the best time to get help is now. Contact your insurance company to find out exactly what is covered under your specific insurance plan.
Does Aetna of Arkansas insurance cover Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers?
If you have Aeta of Arkansas insurance, you can expect your insurance plan to cover at least some of your care for drug or alcohol rehab. The Affordable Care Act (ACA) mandated that all insurance plans must cover “mental health and substance use disorder services, including behavioral health treatment.”4 (page 78)
Addiction treatment comes in many different forms and includes many different components. These may include cognitive-behavioral therapy, medication-assisted detox, group therapy, and other types of therapy. It’s important to understand that these various services fall under different categories, and may be covered differently by your insurance.
For example, your insurance plan may cover therapy for drug or alcohol addiction but may not cover all of the costs of living at an inpatient treatment program. When evaluating your Aetna of Arkansas coverage, it can help to speak to a treatment specialist or someone at a rehab center who can help you understand your benefits.
The specifics of your Aetna insurance plan will depend on several different factors. Aetna offers several different types of insurance plans, including preferred provider organization (PPO) plans, point of service (POS) plans, and health maintenance organization (HMO) plans.
Your options for coverage will depend to a certain degree on the type of plan you have. For more information on your specific plan benefits, you can call the number on your insurance card or log in to the Aetna member website.
The staff at many rehab facilities can also often verify your insurance coverage for you and let you know which services may be covered and what your out-of-pocket costs will be, if any. You can also contact the specialists at American Addiction Centers, who are familiar with many different types of insurance plans and can help eliminate much of the confusion around insurance coverage. Our specialists are available by phone, text, and online chat.
You can also complete our insurance verification form, after which you will be contacted by an American Addiction Centers admissions navigator, who can help you determine your next steps.
What is Aetna of Arkansas?
Aetna is an American health insurance company founded in 1853 and headquartered in Hartford, Connecticut. Today, Aetna provides insurance benefits to an estimated 39 million people in the U.S.5 (top of page) In addition to medical and dental plans, Aetna offers other services, such as Medicaid services, health discount plans, and behavioral health programs.
Aetna covers substance abuse treatment in facilities that it designates as Institutes of Quality.6 (top of page) These facilities must meet certain criteria, including daily access to medical care, and providing patients with measurable outcomes during treatment.
Not all services offered at Institutes of Quality will be covered by insurance. To find out if a facility is in-network with your health plan, log in to the Aeta member website and search for Institutes of Quality.
What Substance Addiction Does Aetna AR Rehab Treatment Centers Cover?
Rehab centers that offer treatment for substance use disorder are typically equipped to help people who are experiencing dependence on any substance. Substance use disorders typically involve alcohol, prescription drugs, or illicit drugs such as marijuana, cocaine, heroin, opioids, and methamphetamine.
If your insurance plan covers substance use treatment, you can receive treatment for addiction to any of these substances. If you have concerns about finding a facility that specializes in certain substances, ask an American Addiction Centers admissions navigator to help you find a specialized program.
How Much Does Aetna of Arkansas Cover (Addiction Treatment)?
The level of coverage provided by your Aetna of Arkansas plan will depend on several factors, including the type of plan you have and the type of treatment you select. Your insurance plan may cover some or all of the costs for the following:
- Inpatient / residential rehab. During an inpatient program, patients live at the treatment facility for the duration of treatment. Inpatient programs typically combine several different types of therapy, including drug detox, individual and group therapy, life skills classes, relapse prevention education, and more. Some facilities may offer additional services, such as fitness classes or nutritional counseling.7 (inpatient rehabilitation)
- Outpatient rehab. Outpatient therapy is a good option for some patients, especially those who have a stable home life and require minimal supervision. Outpatient rehab typically includes the same services as a residential program but at a lower cost, as meals and lodging are not included.7 (outpatient services)
- Intensive outpatient programs (IOPs). IOPs offer more intensive treatment than a standard outpatient program while still allowing patients to live at home. Some patients may transition to an IOP after completion of a residential program.8 (objective)
- Partial hospitalization programs (PHPs). PHPs are often recommended for patients who require a higher level of medical supervision, such as those who may have severe withdrawal symptoms or have co-occurring mental health issues. Although the elements offered in a PHP can vary, they are typically more structured than outpatient programs and require more of a time commitment.9 (introduction)
Does Aetna of Arkansas Insurance Cover Mental Health Care Treatment Facilities?
Yes, Aetna of Arkansas covers mental health care. Many people who experience substance use disorder also have mental health conditions, and people with co-occurring disorders are more likely to be hospitalized. Treating all coexisting conditions at the same time can lead to better outcomes.10 (second section)
Under the ACA, insurance providers are required to provide coverage for both mental health treatment and substance use disorders, which means those with co-occurring disorders can receive treatment for both conditions. Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) is a standard part of most rehab treatment programs, but people with mental health issues such as depression, anxiety, eating disorders, or other conditions will require more specialized care. It’s a good idea to ask any potential treatment facilities if they offer treatment for these conditions.
How Long Does Aetna of Arkansas Insurance Cover Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab program?
The length of treatment time covered by your insurance provider will depend on your specific policy. You should expect to spend roughly 90 days in a drug or alcohol rehab program. The National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) reports that most people experiencing a substance use disorder require at least 3 months in treatment to see significant outcomes, and remaining in treatment longer will lead to better outcomes.11 (page 5)
To find out how long your insurance company will pay for a drug or alcohol rehab program, you can call the number on your insurance card for more information.
What if my Aetna of Arkansas policy does not cover an Inpatient drug rehab program?
If your Aetna of Arkansas policy does not cover an inpatient treatment program, you have other options. Some facilities will offer treatment on a sliding scale, meaning the cost of your program is based on your ability to pay. Rehab centers may also offer payment plans that allow you to pay over time.
You may also want to look for rehab scholarships, which are often offered by churches or community organizations. These opportunities aren’t always well publicized, so ask someone at your rehab facility if they know of any funding opportunities you can apply for.
Don’t let the cost of treatment prevent you from seeking the care you need. Entering a drug or alcohol rehab program as soon as you’re ready may save your life. The cost of treatment is also often less than the cost of continuing to live with addiction, which can lead to loss of employment and increased medical bills.
Aetna of Arkansas In Network vs. Out of Network Inpatient Drug Rehab Centers
When seeking an Arkansas drug rehab program, you may find that some are in network with your Aetna insurance plan, and others are out of network. You can decide to undergo treatment at any facility you like, but your out-of-pocket costs are typically less when you elect to go to an in-network provider. If you aren’t sure whether a facility is in-network, you can call the rehab center or your insurance provider to find out.
Keep in mind that doctors who work at the same facility can be in different insurance networks. If finding providers in your insurance network is important to you, be sure to let the staff know to schedule you with doctors and therapists who take your insurance.
How to find Aetna of Arkansas covered Inpatient drug treatment centers in AR?
Insurance coverage can be confusing, but that shouldn’t prevent you from finding the care you need. The admissions navigators at American Addiction Centers can help you make sense of your insurance benefits and find a treatment center that meets your needs. When you call our helpline, you can get answers to your insurance questions within minutes, while you wait.
You may also decide to travel out of state for your treatment program. Our network of top-quality treatment programs, such as Laguna Treatment Hospital in Orange County, CA, specializes in providing highly customized treatment programs that are continually evaluated and modified to make sure you receive care that meets your needs. Contact us today to learn more and start on the road to recovery.
What Rehab Centers Take Aetna Insurance?
American Addiction Centers (AAC) has various rehab facilities around the country that provide drug and alcohol addiction treatment. If you have an Aetna insurance plan, the following AAC facilities accept Aetna for drug and alcohol addiction rehab.
- AdCare Rhode Island: With various facilities located in Rhode Island, AdCare provides innovative, quality, and cost-efficient addiction treatment. Its integrated system of care offers an inpatient treatment center in North Kingstown and a network of outpatient offices throughout Rhode Island. AdCare’s continuum of care includes detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, inpatient and outpatient services, and tele-health.
- Greenhouse Treatment Center: Located in Grand Prairie, Texas, Greenhouse offers individualized treatment plans and many levels of care including detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and tele-health, all in a luxurious setting with high-end amenities.
- Oxford Treatment Center: Located in Etta, Mississippi, Oxford offers gender-specific rehab while offering an opportunity to connect with nature and try new activities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, inpatient and outpatient treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health, all with individualized treatment programs.
- Recovery First Treatment Center: Located in Hollywood, Florida, Recovery First treats substance use disorders by combining evidence-based therapeutic modalities with top-level care. Recovery First provides a personalized continuum of care including detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and tele-health.
- River Oaks Treatment Center: Located in Riverview, Florida, River Oaks treats substance use disorders through combining evidence-based therapies with world-class amenities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, behavioral disorder treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, outpatient services, and tele-health, all with individualized treatment programs.
- Sunrise House Treatment Center: Located in Lafayette Township, New Jersey, Sunrise House provides treatment for people suffering from substance abuse from a medical and holistic standpoint. With various evidence-based therapeutic interventions, personalized care is provided through detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, and outpatient services.
There are various treatment programs for individuals struggling with drug or alcohol addiction, so don’t give up if the first program you check out doesn’t meet your individual needs. There are rehabs near me that can provide the treatment you need. Check out the directory to find a list of facilities and programs. You can search by location and filter by Aetna insurance.
- Arkansas Take Back. (n.d.). The Arkansas opidemic.
- Arkansas Department of Health. (2017). Drug overdose deaths in Arkansas – 2000 – 2016.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2022, March 1). Drug overdose mortality by state.
- United States House of Representatives. (2010, May 1). Compilation of Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.
- Aetna.(n.d.). Aetna facts.
- Aetna.(2021). Institutes of Quality — Behavioral health quality care made simple.
- New York State. (n.d.). Types of treatment.
- National Library of Medicine. (2015, June 1). Substance abuse intensive outpatient programs: Assessing the evidence.
- National Library of Medicine. (2019, March 15). Alcohol treatment outcomes following discharge from a partial hospital program.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. (2022, September 27). The case for screening and treatment of co-occurring disorders.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2014, January). Principles of drug addiction treatment: A research-based guide.
- Insurance Provider Name
- Policy Member's Full Name
- Policy Membership/Subscriber ID
Check your Aetna Arkansas rehab coverage
American Addiction Centers' locations
Guides for other health insurance providers
- 1199SEIU Funds
- APS Healthcare
- Aetna Insurance
- Ambetter Insurance
- American Family Insurance
- Amerigroup Insurance
- Amerihealth Insurance
- Anthem BlueCross California
- Anthem Insurance
- Assurant Health Insurance
- Beacon Health
- Behavioral Healthcare
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Shield of California
- Cigna Insurance
- Community Health Choice
- Cooks Children’s Health Plan
- Emblem Health
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Exclusive Care
- Federal Blue Cross Blue Shield
- First Care
- First Health
- Florida Blue (BCBS Florida)
- GEHA Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Harvard Pilgrim
- Health Net
- Health Plan of Nevada
- Horizon BCBS
- Humana Health Insurance