Aetna Indiana Insurance Coverage for Drug and Alcohol Rehab Treatment
Aetna Indiana: Rehab & Detox Centers in IN That Take Aetna Insurance
Indiana is full of rich history, fun places, and interesting facts. Its past and present are filled with tradition, pomp and circumstance, and it is the birthplace of many great entertainers. Indianapolis is the capital of Indiana, and the current population is estimated at 6.84 million people. 1 Population U
In this populous state, people reside in the major cities of Carmel, Fishers, Hammond, Fort Wayne, Evansville, and South Bend. 1 Population U The state is not only large, but it boasts several interesting facts. Indiana has the second largest automotive industry in the country, and the state leads the nation in manufacturing job growth. 2 10 Things to Know About Indiana Indiana is also home of the Indianapolis 500, a leading racing event. 2 10 Things to Know About Indiana
Although there are exciting things and sites to see in Indiana, it is not immune from the effects of substance abuse. Some Indiana residents have found themselves in need of treatment for various substances. The following gives a brief outlook of the substance abuse statistics: 3 Addiction Affects Every Aspect of Hoosier Life
- Approximately 4,000 residents have died from opioids in the last decade.
- Between 2012 and 2016, deaths have increased by over 600% due to the usage of synthetic opioids.
- More residents die from drug overdoses than car crashes.
- Drug overdoses in the state doubled between 2010 and 2017 from 923 to 1,809.
Does Aetna of Indiana insurance cover Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers?
Aetna of Indiana insurance provides coverage for inpatient alcohol and drug treatment. The amount and level of your coverage are determined by your particular plan.
Aetna health plans and services include: 4 Aetna Facts
- Medical management.
- Behavioral health programs.
- Medical coverage.
- Pharmacy coverage.
- Dental plans.
- Medicare plans.
- Medicaid services.
These programs provide services and treatment for people battling substance abuse disorders.
An example of an Aetna plan available to Indiana residents is Aetna Advantage. This plan has provisions that allow for coverage of alcohol and drug treatment.
To find out your specific plan coverage for the rehabilitation centers, you have several options you can utilize. One of the options is to call the number on the back of your insurance card for more specific information about your plan. The next option to find out more about your plan is to contact us at American Addiction Centers (AAC). You can give us a call at . This helpline is open 24/7, and there are people there to assist you.
What is Aetna of Indiana?
Aetna is an insurance company that casts a wide network for statewide coverage. Indiana residents have the option to select various plans that Aetna offers. Aetna has a network of an estimated 39 million people that they service, and they offer a range of insurance benefits products, programs, and services that assist with rising healthcare costs, and tools and information to assist customers in making well-informed decisions about their well-being. 4 Aetna Facts
AAC has facilities that are in network with Aetna of Indiana. These facilities are:
- AdCare Rhode Island (Rhode Island).
- River Oaks Treatment Center (Florida).
- Desert Hope Treatment Center (Nevada).
- Greenhouse Treatment Center (Texas).
- Laguna Treatment Hospital (California).
- Recovery First Treatment Center (Florida).
- Sunrise House Treatment Center (New Jersey).
- Oxford Treatment Center (Mississippi).
What Substance Addiction Does Aetna IN Rehab Treatment Centers Cover?
Substance abuse addiction involves several commonly used drugs. These drugs are: 6 Commonly Used Drugs Charts
- Synthetic cannabinoids.
- Prescription opioids.
- Prescription stimulants.
Drug and rehabilitation centers have treatment and programs to help you overcome addiction to the drugs listed above.
How Much Does Aetna of Indiana Cover (Addiction Treatment)?
Aetna of Indiana may cover all or some of the costs for different types of treatment. The following are some treatments that may be covered: 7 Alcohol and Drug Treatment
- Inpatient/residential rehab: In this form of treatment, there are chemical dependency programs offered in alcohol and drug treatment centers, psychiatric hospitals, and medical hospitals. The patient receives 24 hours of supervision with the management of psychiatric and medical conditions, all while working on addiction recovery. Once the patient has a level of stability, they can move to outpatient programs and care to continue treatment.
- Partial hospitalization program (PHP): In these programs, patients are provided with about 4–8 hours of programming in the daytime and are allowed to return home at night. This type of treatment also involves being in a self-help group such as Alcoholics Anonymous. One key advantage of this treatment is that the patient is in a supportive environment as they experience some of their stressors or triggers.
- Intensive outpatient programs (IOP): This type of treatment involves patients meeting several hours at a time, and it’s often in the evening. The meetings are from 3 to 5 times a week, and there is participation in self-help groups. An important advantage is that patients can work while in this program.
- Outpatient therapy/rehab: This type of treatment occurs while you are still living at home. You can continue attending work or school while attending treatment throughout the week.
Does Aetna of Indiana Insurance Cover Mental Health Care Treatment Facilities?
Aetna of Indiana insurance covers mental health care. The Affordable Care Act (ACA) is a comprehensive healthcare reform law that was enacted in 2010. 8 Affordable Care Act (ACA) In the ACA, there are provisions where health insurance companies must provide coverage for the treatment of those suffering from mental health issues. Mental health and substance abuse issues, when presented at the same time, are called co-occurring disorders.
Co-occurring disorders are the condition of having at least 1 substance use disorder and at least 1 mental disorder at the same time. 9 Substance Use Disorder Treatment For People With Co-Occurring Disorders These disorders must be treated in tandem in order to lead to better health outcomes, improved quality of life, fewer arrests, and improvement in psychiatric symptoms and functioning.10 The Case for Screening and Treatment of Co-Occurring Disorders Some common types of co-occurring disorders are:11 Substance Use and Co-Occurring Mental Disorders
- Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
- Bipolar disorder.
- Personality disorder.
- Anxiety disorders.
How Long Does Aetna of Indiana Insurance Cover Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab program?
The coverage of inpatient and drug rehab programs depends on several factors. These factors are the length of treatment you need, the treatment facility you choose, and the presence of co-occurring disorders that may have to be treated together as well.
Your Aetna Indiana plan manager can assist you with how long your treatment coverage will be. The policy types, types of coverage, and factors are different for each person. You can find your specific plan information on the back of your insurance card.
What if my Aetna of Indiana policy does not cover an Inpatient drug rehab program?
If your Aetna of Indiana policy does not cover an inpatient drug rehab program, you should not forgo treatment. Different rehabilitation centers may offer grants, scholarship programs, or financing to cover your treatment. To find the options, you are encouraged to call the rehabilitation center you are interested in. These treatment centers can provide you with the necessary information. However, if you can afford treatment or not, please exhaust all means. Treatment is extremely important.
Aetna of Indiana in Network vs. Out of Network Inpatient Drug Rehab Centers
In-network verse out-of-network status can be checked by calling Aetna. They can provide you with a list of in-network or out-of-network providers within your Indiana Aetna network. In network, providers are a group of healthcare providers, such as doctors, specialists or facilities, that have a contract with Aetna to provide services at a contracted rate. 12 Network and out-of-network care Out-of-network providers are not in the Aetna network.
How to find Aetna of Indiana covered Inpatient drug treatment centers in IN?
Aetna of Indiana provides coverage that can be utilized for inpatient drug centers in and around the state of Indiana. Coverage for treatment ranges from partial coverage to full coverage, dependent upon your plan specifics. To verify your Aetna of Indiana coverage, AAC can provide assistance. We have helped thousands of people get their lives back together. You can call our helpline at , and it is open 24/7.
Some of the following AAC facilities are located around Indiana:
- Sunrise House Treatment Center (New Jersey)
- Resolutions-Recovery Residences (Nationwide)
- AdCare Rhode Island
What Rehab Centers Take Aetna Insurance?
American Addiction Centers (AAC) has various rehab facilities around the country that provide drug and alcohol addiction treatment. If you have a Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance plan, the following AAC facilities accept Blue Cross Blue Shield for drug and alcohol addiction rehab.
- AdCare Rhode Island: With various facilities located in Rhode Island, AdCare provides innovative, quality, and cost-efficient addiction treatment. Its integrated system of care offers an inpatient treatment center in North Kingstown and a network of outpatient offices throughout Rhode Island. AdCare’s continuum of care includes detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, inpatient and outpatient services, and tele-health.
- Greenhouse Treatment Center: Located in Grand Prairie, Texas, Greenhouse offers individualized treatment plans and many levels of care including detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and tele-health, all in a luxurious setting with high-end amenities.
- Oxford Treatment Center: Located in Etta, Mississippi, Oxford offers gender-specific rehab while offering an opportunity to connect with nature and try new activities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, inpatient and outpatient treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health, all with individualized treatment programs.
- Recovery First Treatment Center: Located in Hollywood, Florida, Recovery First treats substance use disorders by combining evidence-based therapeutic modalities with top-level care. Recovery First provides a personalized continuum of care including detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and tele-health.
- River Oaks Treatment Center: Located in Riverview, Florida, River Oaks treats substance use disorders through combining evidence-based therapies with world-class amenities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, behavioral disorder treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, outpatient services, and tele-health, all with individualized treatment programs.
- Sunrise House Treatment Center: Located in Lafayette Township, New Jersey, Sunrise House provides treatment for people suffering from substance abuse from a medical and holistic standpoint. With various evidence-based therapeutic interventions, personalized care is provided through detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, and outpatient services.
There are various treatment programs for individuals struggling with drug or alcohol addiction, so don’t give up if the first program you check out doesn’t meet your individual needs. There are rehabs near me that can provide the treatment you need. Check out the directory to find a list of facilities and programs. You can search by location and filter by Aetna insurance.
- Population U. (n.d.). Indiana population.
- S. News & World Report. (2019). 10 Things to know about Indiana.
- Indiana University. (n.d.). Addiction affects every aspect of Hoosier life.
- Aetna.(n.d.). Aetna facts.
- Aetna Advantage. (n.d.). Summary of benefits and coverage.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (n.d.). Commonly used drugs charts.
- Aetna.(n.d.). Alcohol and drug treatment.
- Healthcare.gov. (n.d.). Affordable Care Act (ACA).
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. (n.d.). Substance use disorder treatment for people with co-occurring disorders.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. (n.d.). The case for screening and treatment of co-occurring disorders.
- National Institute of Mental Health. (n.d.). Substance use and co-occurring mental disorders.
- Aetna.(n.d.). Network and out-of-network care.
- Insurance Provider Name
- Policy Member's Full Name
- Policy Membership/Subscriber ID
Check your Aetna Indiana rehab coverage
American Addiction Centers' locations
Guides for other health insurance providers
- 1199SEIU Funds
- APS Healthcare
- Aetna Insurance
- Ambetter Insurance
- American Family Insurance
- Amerigroup Insurance
- Amerihealth Insurance
- Anthem BlueCross California
- Anthem Insurance
- Assurant Health Insurance
- Beacon Health
- Behavioral Healthcare
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Shield of California
- Cigna Insurance
- Community Health Choice
- Cooks Children’s Health Plan
- Emblem Health
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Exclusive Care
- Federal Blue Cross Blue Shield
- First Care
- First Health
- Florida Blue (BCBS Florida)
- GEHA Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Harvard Pilgrim
- Health Net
- Health Plan of Nevada
- Horizon BCBS
- Humana Health Insurance