Aetna North Carolina: Rehab & Detox Centers in NC That Take Aetna Insurance
If you or someone you know is in need of drug or alcohol treatment in North Carolina, you may have questions about NC rehab facilities that take insurance. While navigating insurance benefits can sometimes be confusing, there is good news: If you have insurance, you can expect at least some of your treatment to be covered. The details about exactly what is covered will vary from one insurance plan to the next, but a qualified admissions navigator can help you find the care that you need and take full advantage of your insurance benefits.
As of 2022, North Carolina is a state of roughly 10.7 million people and is rapidly growing. 1 (top of pg) Between 2021 and 2022, North Carolina’s population grew by 133,000 people.2, 2nd paragraph Roughly 100,000 new North Carolina citizens moved from other states, while the rest of the population growth is attributed to international migration and natural growth, with new births outnumbering deaths. 2 (middle of page)
Like many states in the U.S., North Carolina has seen an increase in drug use and in overdose deaths in recent years. The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services reports that North Carolina experienced a 40% increase in drug overdose deaths in 2020.3 (top of page) More than 3,300 people died of drug overdoses in 2020, up from 2,352 in 2019. 1 (3rd paragraph)
More than 70% of overdose deaths in the state in 2020 are believed to be linked to fentanyl, and more than 60% involve multiple substances. 3 (last paragraph) The use of drugs such as methamphetamine and cocaine is also increasing in the state.3 (last paragraph)
Does Aetna North Carolina insurance cover Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers?
If you have Aetna North Carolina insurance, some or all of your inpatient treatment should be covered under your insurance plan. Aetna North Carolina provides all members with a Summary of Benefits and Coverage that outlines your insurance benefits and provides examples of how much you can expect to pay for certain services.4 (top of page) You can access your Summary of Benefits when you log in to the Aetna member website.
You can also call the number on the back of your insurance card to learn more about your benefits. An Aetna North Carolina representative will be able to tell you exactly what your plan covers and what you can expect to pay.
Often when you contact a rehab center, they can also help you navigate your insurance benefits. You can call the North Carolina rehab center where you are interested in receiving treatment, and they can verify your insurance information for you.
American Addiction Centers also has experienced addiction navigators who can help you find treatment that is covered by your Aetna North Carolina coverage. You can contact us by phone, via chat, or complete the form on our website to have one of our specialists check your insurance coverage.
What is Aetna North Carolina?
Aetna is a health insurance company in the United States that was founded in 1853.5 (top of page) Roughly 39 million Americans receive healthcare benefits through Aetna.6 (top of page) The company also provides services such as dental insurance, Medicare plans, and healthcare savings plans.6 (top of page)
There are currently 74 in-network substance abuse facilities listed on the Aetna North Carolina website.7 (you have to submit the form)
What Substance Addiction Does Aetna NC Rehab Treatment Centers Cover?
Regardless of what substance you are seeking help for, the qualified treatment specialists at Aetna North Carolina rehab centers can work with you to develop a customized treatment plan that addresses your specific needs. As reported by the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services, some of the most commonly misused drugs in the state are fentanyl, cocaine, and methamphetamine. 3 (bottom of page) Other substances for which people may enter an Aetna North Carolina treatment center include alcohol, marijuana, heroin, other opioids, and prescription drugs.
How Much Does Aetna North Carolina Cover (Addiction Treatment)?
When evaluating how much your Aetna North Carolina insurance policy may cover, it’s important to understand that drug and alcohol rehab consists of many different components and treatment modalities, which can vary depending on the facility you choose and the type of program you enter.
The following are some of the different types of drug and alcohol rehab programs you may choose to enter:
- An inpatient/residential rehab program is one in which patients live at the facility for the entire length of the treatment. Stays typically last between 6 and 12 months.8 (page 21) The treatment is highly structured; in addition to one-on-one therapy, treatment includes services such as group therapy designed to help patients function better in the home, at work, and in society.8 (page 21)
- Outpatient rehab/therapy typically offers many of the same services as inpatient therapy but differs in a few key elements. During an outpatient program, patients usually attend sessions during the day but return to their own homes in the afternoon or evening. This means that outpatient programs are often far less expensive than inpatient programs. Outpatient treatment is best for people who have a supportive home environment or who need to schedule treatment around work.8 (page 22)
- As the name suggests, intensive outpatient programs (IOP) are also conducted on an outpatient basis but provide more intensive treatment than is typically offered in an outpatient program. IOPs consist of at least 3 4-hour sessions per week. 9 (first paragraph) Some programs may also consist of longer sessions or more frequent sessions.
- Partial hospitalization programs (PHP) are a highly structured and intensive alternative to inpatient programs.10 (first paragraph) The specifics of different PHPs can vary, but they often consist of 20 hours of treatment during the day for a period of 1–2 weeks. PHPs may be used following completion of an inpatient program or before transitioning to a less intensive outpatient program. 10 (2nd paragraph)
Does Aetna North Carolina Insurance Cover Mental Health Care Treatment Facilities?
Under the Affordable Care Act (ACA), insurance providers are required to provide coverage for mental health care.12 (page 78) Many people who enter a drug or alcohol treatment program are also in need of mental health services. When a substance use disorder and a mental health disorder occur together, this is known as a co-occurring disorder.11 (top of page)
The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) reports that people with co-occurring disorders are more likely to be hospitalized.11 (middle of page) Anyone seeking treatment for a substance use disorder should also be screened for mental health disorders such as depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, and schizophrenia to ensure that they receive appropriate care.8 (page 6) Treatment for both disorders at the same time can often lead to better outcomes.10 (top of page)
How Long Does Aetna North Carolina Insurance Cover Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab program?
Check your Aetna North Carolina Insurance policy to determine if there are limitations on how long you can remain in treatment. While the recommended treatment duration may be different for everyone depending on their specific needs and the type of program they choose to enter, the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) reports that most people need at least 3 months of treatment to see significant results and that the best results are seen with longer treatment times.8 (page 5)
What if my Aetna North Carolina policy does not cover an Inpatient drug rehab program?
If your Aetna North Carolina insurance policy does not cover the treatment you need, don’t let the cost of treatment prevent you from getting the help you need. Illicit drug use costs the country roughly $193 billion in the form of public health costs, increased crime, and lost productivity.13 (page 10) The best time to get treatment is as soon as possible.8 (page 5)
Many rehab facilities offer services on a sliding scale and will work with you depending on your ability to pay. Some also offer payment plans that will allow you to pay for your treatment over time. Some community organizations and churches also offer scholarships for drug and alcohol treatment. These opportunities may not be well publicized. Ask the admissions counselor at your preferred treatment facility if they know of any opportunities for financial assistance.
Aetna North Carolina In Network vs. Out of Network Inpatient Drug Rehab Centers
When seeking a North Carolina drug rehab program, it’s best to find one that is in-network with your Aetna North Carolina insurance plan. Even if you have to meet your deductible or pay a portion of your fees out of pocket, you will still likely pay less than you would if you went to a facility that is out of network.
To find facilities that are in-network with your Aetna North Carolina insurance policy, visit the Aetna member website or call the number on your insurance card.
How to find Aetna North Carolina covered Inpatient drug treatment centers in NC?
Representatives at American Addiction Centers can help verify your insurance coverage and find the right treatment program for you. You can get the answers you need immediately by calling our helpline; our representatives can check your insurance benefits in minutes while you wait.
Our nationwide network consists of top-quality treatment programs that offer treatment for co-occurring disorders, and our success rate is double the national average.
You may decide to travel out of state for your addiction treatment. Our renowned treatment facilities include Sunrise House Treatment Center in New Jersey, which has earned the gold standard of industry accreditations. Contact us today to let us help you find the best treatment for you.
What Rehab Centers Take Aetna Insurance?
American Addiction Centers (AAC) has various rehab facilities around the country that provide drug and alcohol addiction treatment. If you have an Aetna insurance plan, the following AAC facilities accept Aetna for drug and alcohol addiction rehab.
- AdCare Rhode Island: With various facilities located in Rhode Island, AdCare provides innovative, quality, and cost-efficient addiction treatment. Its integrated system of care offers an inpatient treatment center in North Kingstown and a network of outpatient offices throughout Rhode Island. AdCare’s continuum of care includes detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, inpatient and outpatient services, and tele-health.
- Greenhouse Treatment Center: Located in Grand Prairie, Texas, Greenhouse offers individualized treatment plans and many levels of care including detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and tele-health, all in a luxurious setting with high-end amenities.
- Oxford Treatment Center: Located in Etta, Mississippi, Oxford offers gender-specific rehab while offering an opportunity to connect with nature and try new activities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, inpatient and outpatient treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health, all with individualized treatment programs.
- Recovery First Treatment Center: Located in Hollywood, Florida, Recovery First treats substance use disorders by combining evidence-based therapeutic modalities with top-level care. Recovery First provides a personalized continuum of care including detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and tele-health.
- River Oaks Treatment Center: Located in Riverview, Florida, River Oaks treats substance use disorders through combining evidence-based therapies with world-class amenities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, behavioral disorder treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, outpatient services, and tele-health, all with individualized treatment programs.
- Sunrise House Treatment Center: Located in Lafayette Township, New Jersey, Sunrise House provides treatment for people suffering from substance abuse from a medical and holistic standpoint. With various evidence-based therapeutic interventions, personalized care is provided through detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, and outpatient services.
There are various treatment programs for individuals struggling with drug or alcohol addiction, so don’t give up if the first program you check out doesn’t meet your individual needs. There are rehabs near me that can provide the treatment you need. Check out the directory to find a list of facilities and programs. You can search by location and filter by Aetna insurance.
- United States Census. (2022, July 1). Quick facts: North Carolina.
- North Carolina Office of State Budget and Management. (2022, December 22). North Carolina population growth bouncing back.
- North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services. (2022, March 21). North Carolina reports 40% increase in overdose deaths in 2020 compared to 2019; NCDHHS continues fight against overdose epidemic.
- Aetna.(n.d.). The basics about your health coverage.
- Aetna.(n.d.). Our history.
- Aetna.(n.d.). Aetna facts.
- Aetna.(n.d). Directory of healthcare professionals.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2014, January). Principles of drug addiction treatment: A research-based guide.
- Psychiatric Services. (2014, June 1). Substance abuse intensive outpatient programs: Assessing the evidence.
- National Library of Medicine. (2019, March 15). Alcohol treatment outcomes following discharge from a partial hospital program.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. (2022, September 27). The case for screening and treatment of co-occurring disorders.
- United States House of Representatives. (2010, May 1). Compilation of Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.
- National Drug Intelligence Center. (2011). National drug threat assessment.