Aetna Mississippi: Rehab & Detox Centers in MS That Take Aetna Insurance
Mississippi is a popular state in America’s deep south. Well-known for the iconic Mississippi River, Mississippi is famous for its cotton plantations, southern hospitality, and musical influence. 1 WHAT IS MISSISSIPPI KNOWN FOR There are many small towns along the Mississippi River and chances to enjoy the outdoors.1 WHAT IS MISSISSIPPI KNOWN FOR With a population of about 2.9 million, Jackson, Biloxi, and Tupelo are some of Mississippi’s most popular cities.1,2 Mississippi is also known for its delicious catfish, hot tamales, and Barq’s root beer.1 FOOD MISSISSIPPI IS KNOWN FOR
Mississippi is dealing with a public health crisis posed by substance abuse, like many states in the nation. From 2019 to 2020, Mississippi experienced a 49% rise in drug overdose deaths.3 p.1 key findings In 2020, 586 Mississippi residents died from drug overdoses.3 p.1 key findings Opioids, particularly fentanyl, were responsible for 69% of drug overdose deaths in Mississippi in 2020. 3 Distribution of Deaths by Drug Type
Overdose deaths from amphetamines also rose by 79% in 2020.3 p.1 Change by Type of Drugs, 2019 and 2020 Polydrug use played a significant role in the number of overdose deaths in 2020, with over half of all documented fatalities resulting from using multiple substances at the same time. 3 p.1 Polysubstance Use The Mississippi State Department of Health continues to fight the epidemic by carefully monitoring substance use trends and developing and implementing prevention and treatment initiatives.3 p.4
If you or a loved one are struggling with substance use disorder, many options for addiction treatment services are available throughout Mississippi.3 p.4 As an Aetna Mississippi member, at least a portion of the cost for rehab and other addiction treatment services could be covered under your insurance.
Does Aetna Mississippi insurance cover Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers?
Aetna Mississippi insurance covers inpatient alcohol and drug rehab centers along with other addiction treatment services like medical detox, outpatient programs, behavioral therapies, and addiction aftercare. Some, if not all, of the cost of addiction treatment could be covered under your insurance based on your specific plan. Your level of coverage will depend on several factors associated with your insurance plan, such as the type of treatment you choose and the duration of your treatment.
To find out more about your specific plan, call the number on the back of your insurance card. You can also contact rehab centers you’re interested in and have them check your coverage based on the information you provide. American Addiction Centers (AAC) can also verify your insurance online, by phone, or through the SSVOB form below.
What is Aetna Mississippi?
Aetna has provided access to life insurance and quality healthcare nationwide since 1853.4 Aetna Mississippi is a branch of Aetna that serves millions of Mississippi residents. Various medical, dental, and pharmacy plans are available for individuals and families, including plans offered through Medicare, and employers.5 plan options
Aetna is dedicated to delivering quality mental health and addiction services to its members. In 2018, the Aetna Foundation launched an initiative to fund opioid-related programs.4 2000-present (2018) Six million dollars was donated to help communities and states significantly affected by the opioid crisis.4 2000-present (2018) As access to substance use treatment continues to expand, several in-network rehab centers are available in Mississippi.
What Substance Addiction Does Aetna MS Rehab Treatment Centers Cover?
No matter what substance you’re misusing, different treatment options are available through Aetna Mississippi insurance. Common substances of abuse you can receive treatment for include:
- Crystal meth.
- Prescription drugs.
How Much Does Aetna Mississippi Cover (Addiction Treatment)?
Since everyone is unique and has different needs, no one treatment will work for all.6 p. 5 #2 A combination of different treatment approaches are often needed to effectively address substance use disorder. 6 p.5 Depending on your Aetna Mississippi plan, some, if not all, of the cost for many addiction treatment services could be covered. Aetna Mississippi insurance could cover the following:6 p.32-37
- Inpatient and residential rehab: For those with severe addictions, inpatient rehabs can provide a break from the stress and distractions of daily responsibilities. Inpatient programs offer a supportive, safe space to live during recovery. Most standard programs last 30 to 90 days. You’ll learn to handle your addiction triggers in a healthy way, promoting long-term recovery.
- Outpatient rehab and therapy: Outpatient rehab is a common starting point for people with mild to moderate addictions. You can live at home and still tend to your daily responsibilities, like work and family, while seeking treatment. Similar treatments as inpatient rehab are offered, like one-on-one counseling and peer-support groups where you can build coping skills and achieve long-term sobriety.
- Intensive outpatient programs (IOP): IOPs are more rigorous outpatient programs where you continue living at home while visiting a treatment center multiple times a week.
- Partial hospitalization programs (PHP): PHPs, or day programs, are almost as intensive as inpatient rehab but allow you to live at home while seeking treatment. You’re required to visit a treatment facility at least 5 days a week.
Does Aetna Mississippi Insurance Cover Mental Health Care Treatment Facilities?
Mental health treatment is often required for people struggling with addiction along with a mental health illness.6 p. 26-27 Co-occurring disorders or “dual diagnoses” affect many people, with nearly half of the 21 million Americans struggling with substance use disorder also fighting a mental illness.7 intro Mental illnesses that coincide with substance abuse include bipolar disorder, depression, anxiety, attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).6 p. 12
The onset of co-occurring disorders is unclear, but they’re believed to occur in 2 different ways.7 does one cause the other At times, people who struggle with mental health disorders may try to relieve the symptoms with alcohol or drugs, leading to addiction over time.7 does one cause the other Others develop mental illnesses from the long-term excessive use of drugs or alcohol.7 does one cause the other Whichever way they occur, mental health professionals recommend treating co-occurring disorders in tandem to heighten the likelihood of long-term recovery.7 what should I do
The Affordable Care Act (ACA) considers behavioral and mental health as essential benefits.8 Because of this, insurance companies are required to provide coverage for mental health care and treatment.8 That means at least a portion of the costs of treatment for co-occurring disorders and stand-alone heroin rehab will always be covered under your Aetna Mississippi insurance.
How Long Does Aetna Mississippi Insurance Cover Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab program?
Mental health professionals agree that the longer you spend in treatment, the more efficient your treatment will be.6 p. 5 #5 Everyone is different, and no one treatment will work for all, but spending as much time as you need in treatment positively affects your outcome.6 p. 5 #5 Recovery from addiction is a long-term process that often requires many episodes of treatment.6 p. 5 #5
Studies show that longer treatment times produce the best outcomes, but it’s recommended to remain in treatment for at least 3 months to see significant results.6 p. 5 #5 Taking as much time as possible to focus on building healthy coping skills to fight addiction triggers is beneficial for many to reach sobriety.6 p. 5 #5
You may wonder how long your Aetna Mississippi insurance will cover inpatient alcohol and drug rehab programs. Because there are so many different types of policies and tiers of coverage, the length of time covered under your insurance will depend on your specific plan. To find out more about how long your plan will cover treatment, reach out directly to the rehab center you’re interested in attending, call the number on the back of your insurance card, or contact AAC for help.
What if my Aetna Mississippi policy does not cover an Inpatient drug rehab program?
It’s possible that the inpatient drug rehab program that best suits you won’t be covered under your Aetna Mississippi policy. If this is the case, don’t be discouraged. Other options to cover addiction treatment services, like medical detox, inpatient rehab, outpatient programs, and behavioral therapies, are available.
Many federal, state, and local organizations provide financial assistance for addiction treatment through grants, scholarships, and other forms of financial aid. Depending on your eligibility, some, if not all, of the costs for substance use disorder treatment programs could be covered through the following:
- State-funded rehabs and local assistance: State and local institutions offer partial or full coverage for recovery costs through scholarships. Many fund various addiction services like medical detox and treatment programs.
- The Affordable Care Act (ACA): The ACA offers to help cover different addiction treatment services for people with low or no income.8
- Government-funded programs: Block grants that provide financial assistance to high-risk and at-risk populations are offered through the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA). Anyone struggling with addiction, especially mothers, expecting mothers, and IV drug users, is encouraged to apply.9 What is a Block Grant?
- S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA): Financial aid for Veterans struggling with addiction is available through the VA for different services, like medical detox, outpatient programs, and mental health treatment.10 What services does VA provide for Veterans with substance use problems?
- Loans and financing: You can apply for bank loans or borrow from a private lender to assist you with financing your addiction treatment. Lenders that specialize in funding substance abuse treatment can also offer financial assistance.
Getting the help you need as soon as possible is most important. Instead of waiting for another day, learn more about ways to pay for addiction treatment.
Aetna Mississippi In Network vs. Out of Network Inpatient Drug Rehab Centers
The best way to ensure at least some of the costs of inpatient drug rehab centers and other addiction treatment programs are covered by your Aetna Mississippi insurance is to choose a provider in your network. In-network providers are doctors, specialists, facilities, and hospitals contracted through Aetna Mississippi to provide healthcare services.
Your Aetna Mississippi policy will provide a list of in-network providers for you to choose from. When selecting a provider from your network, you’ll likely still have to pay fees like deductibles and copays. But if you choose a provider outside your network, you’ll often pay most, if not all, of the costs on your own.
To check whether a treatment provider is in your network, call the number on the back of your insurance card. You can also reach out directly to the provider for more information or contact AAC for assistance.
How to find Aetna Mississippi covered Inpatient drug treatment centers in MS?
AAC can verify your insurance coverage and help you find an inpatient drug rehab center or other addiction service covered under your Aetna Mississippi insurance. Call our helpline to speak directly with an admissions representative who can check your benefits right while you’re on the phone. You can also chat online with an agent for assistance. Every year, hundreds of people attend rehab financed through Aetna Mississippi.
AAC is home to some of the leading treatment facilities nationwide. Our facilities specialize in evidence-based treatment and offer unique programs geared toward the different needs of different people. You’ll work directly with medical professionals to design an individualized treatment plan that best fits your needs. With access to impressive accommodations and amenities, you’ll receive high-quality addiction care from well-renowned mental health professionals.
Oxford Treatment Center is our top-notch facility in Etta, Mississippi. It offers a unique blend of evidence-based treatment options with outstanding therapeutic services like music therapy, art therapy, yoga, and equine therapy. Located in the rolling Northern Mississippi hills, it’s a great option to take an alternative approach to self-care in a serene environment while in recovery.
Embarking on the journey to recovery can open the doors to a happier, healthier life. Knowing what’s covered under your insurance helps you get one step closer to finding the best treatment. If you or a loved one is ready to seek treatment for your addiction, AAC is here to help. Contact us for more information on your Aetna Mississippi coverage and find out other ways to pay for treatment.
What Rehab Centers Take Aetna Insurance?
American Addiction Centers (AAC) has various rehab facilities around the country that provide drug and alcohol addiction treatment. If you have an Aetna insurance plan, the following AAC facilities accept Aetna for drug and alcohol addiction rehab.
- AdCare Rhode Island: With various facilities located in Rhode Island, AdCare provides innovative, quality, and cost-efficient addiction treatment. Its integrated system of care offers an inpatient treatment center in North Kingstown and a network of outpatient offices throughout Rhode Island. AdCare’s continuum of care includes detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, inpatient and outpatient services, and tele-health.
- Greenhouse Treatment Center: Located in Grand Prairie, Texas, Greenhouse offers individualized treatment plans and many levels of care including detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and tele-health, all in a luxurious setting with high-end amenities.
- Oxford Treatment Center: Located in Etta, Mississippi, Oxford offers gender-specific rehab while offering an opportunity to connect with nature and try new activities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, inpatient and outpatient treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health, all with individualized treatment programs.
- Recovery First Treatment Center: Located in Hollywood, Florida, Recovery First treats substance use disorders by combining evidence-based therapeutic modalities with top-level care. Recovery First provides a personalized continuum of care including detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and tele-health.
- River Oaks Treatment Center: Located in Riverview, Florida, River Oaks treats substance use disorders through combining evidence-based therapies with world-class amenities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, behavioral disorder treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, outpatient services, and tele-health, all with individualized treatment programs.
- Sunrise House Treatment Center: Located in Lafayette Township, New Jersey, Sunrise House provides treatment for people suffering from substance abuse from a medical and holistic standpoint. With various evidence-based therapeutic interventions, personalized care is provided through detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, and outpatient services.
There are various treatment programs for individuals struggling with drug or alcohol addiction, so don’t give up if the first program you check out doesn’t meet your individual needs. There are rehabs near me that can provide the treatment you need. Check out the directory to find a list of facilities and programs. You can search by location and filter by Aetna insurance.
- Nomadsunveiled.com. (n.d.). 20 things Mississippi is known and famous for.
- Census.gov. (2022). QuickFacts: MS.
- The Mississippi Department of Health. (2022). Trends in Mississippi’s drug overdose deaths, 2011-2020.
- Aetna.(n.d.). Our history.
- Aetna.(n.d.). Explore your plan options.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2018). Principles of drug addiction treatment: A research-based guide (third edition).
- National Alliance on Mental Illness. (n.d.). Understanding dual diagnosis.
- Healthcare.gov. (n.d.). Affordable Care Act (ACA).
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. (n.d.). Substance abuse and mental health block grants.
- S. Department of Veteran Affairs. (2022). Substance use treatment for veterans.