Aetna Georgia: Rehab & Detox Centers in GA That Take Aetna Insurance
Georgia has a population of almost 11 million1(top) and approximately 57,716 square miles of land.1(bottom) Georgia is often referred to as the “Peach State”; however, it grows more peanuts than anything.2(#7) One in 7 residents of GA work in the agricultural industry. 2(#2)
Even with these positive attributes, Georgia also has many people who struggle with substance misuse.2(top) In 2021, there were 37,636 Georgia residents who sought treatment at a substance abuse treatment center for all substance types. 2(top) Here is a breakdown of the various substance types that people sought treatment for in that year: 2(top)
- There were 13,110 residents who sought treatment for alcohol misuse.
- 4,241 people sought treatment for opiate misuse, which included heroin.
- There were 3,334 people who went into a treatment center for misusing cocaine (in all of its forms).
- 7,702 people misused marijuana and subsequently sought treatment.
- There were 8,041 people who went into treatment for amphetamine misuse.
Does Aetna of Georgia insurance cover Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers?
Aetna of Georgia insurance offers immediate care for mental health and substance abuse services.4(top) You can access your Aetna of Georgia coverage to receive support for your substance misuse issue. You can contact any of the Aetna of Georgia health and rehab centers in your area and verify your insurance coverage with the admissions navigator. Another way to ensure that you have coverage is to call the number on the back of your Aetna of Georgia insurance card.
Additionally, American Addiction Centers (AAC) has a 24/7 GA addiction hotline that you can contact to verify your benefits. You can reach them in a variety of methods, such as calling, using the online chat function, or filling out the form on this page.
What is Aetna of Georgia?
Aetna is committed to making a difference in people’s lives with their healthcare initiatives.5(top) They were founded in 1853 in Hartford, CT, and have provided healthcare benefits, products, and services to individuals, employers, and healthcare professionals ever since. 5(halfway)
In addition to operating as Aetna Health, they are a subsidiary of CVS Health. 5(halfway)
The following is a list of plans Aetna offers:6(halfway down)
- Individual & family plans
- Medicare plans
- Medicaid plans
- Dental plans
What Substance Addiction Does Aetna GA Rehab Treatment Centers Cover?
Aetna of Georgia insurance rehab centers will assist patients with substance misuse. This could range from prescription misuse to street drugs. You may need to contact the Aetna of Georgia rehab center to ensure they treat the specific substance you are using. Some common substances used in the U.S. are:7(top)
- Cannabis (marijuana).
- Prescription drugs.
How Much Does Aetna of Georgia Cover (Addiction Treatment)?
Aetna of Georgia rehabilitation centers offer a range of treatment levels to help address substance abuse needs. You may participate in more than one treatment level to get adequate care, depending on your specific needs. You can discuss treatment options with an admissions navigator.
Your Aetna of Georgia substance abuse treatment coverage should cover some (or all) of the following treatment programs:
- Inpatient treatment program: This treatment program will provide the 24/7 care that is necessary in the beginning stages of recovery. During treatment, you will stay in a therapeutic, residential-like setting, with staff nearby. As you explore the deeper aspects of addiction, you can more fully recover from addiction. Length times can vary from 1 week to up to 1 year, depending on your case.8(p14))
- Partial hospitalization program (PHP): A PHP offers a closely supervised setting that lasts most of the day. You’ll participate in therapy sessions throughout the day and return home at night. This program gives you much of the services and treatment as an inpatient program, but you’ll return home at night.9(pg.10)
- Intensive outpatient program (IOP): Rehabs in GA offer IOPs, which are outpatient programs that aremore intense than standard ones.8(p16)
- Outpatient treatment program and therapy: An outpatient treatment program provides weekly therapy and minimizes relapse. 8(p16)
GA rehab facilities provide all types of treatment levels, forming a continuum of care for people in recovery.
Does Aetna of Georgia Insurance Cover Mental Health Care Treatment Facilities?
A co-occurring disorder can involve substance use and mental health disorders occurring together simultaneously.10(top) This condition is a common occurrence for people with either condition. 10(top) Researchers aren’t exactly sure what causes the link between the two conditions. 10(why)
However, there are some factors that predispose people to co-occurring disorders. 10(why) For one thing, if you have a mental health problem, you are more likely to have substance misuse.10(why) Additionally, if you have a substance use disorder, you are more likely to have mental health problems. 10(why) Sometimes, genetic conditions can be a factor in a co-occurring disorder diagnosis. 10(why)
You can use your Aetna mental health coverage to move forward in seeking treatment. Under the Affordable Care Act (ACA), Marketplace insurance plans must provide several health essential benefits.11(top) One of these essential health benefits includes coverage for mental health care and substance abuse treatment. 11(middle) Some of the treatments that are covered under ACA’s mandate for mental health and substance use disorders include the following:12(mental)
- Behavioral health services, including psychotherapy and counseling
- Substance use disorder treatment
- Mental and behavioral health inpatient services
- Behavioral health inpatient services
How Long Does Aetna of Georgia Insurance Cover Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab program?
Seeking treatment for an addiction issue can take time. The length of time your Aetna of Georgia drug treatment program is covered can vary based on the exact policy details. You can check the back of your card for more information. Better yet, contact AAC for insurance verification.
Whatever amount of time your Aetna of Georgia drug rehab insurance will pay for, it’s important to stay in treatment for an adequate length. This will help with recovery and reduce the chances of relapse.
What if my Aetna of Georgia policy does not cover an Inpatient drug rehab program?
If your Aetna of Georgia addiction treatment doesn’t cover the inpatient drug rehab program, you can look at other financial options. There is no need to give up on your goal of sobriety. There are plenty of Aetna of Georgia drug treatment providers that will have financial plans for people who don’t have insurance or don’t have adequate coverage. When you contact an Aetna of Georgia substance abuse treatment facility, ask if they give scholarships or financial aid to participants.
Additionally, you can ask for the rehab facility to allow you to make payments or be given a sliding scale fee instead of the full amount.
Aetna of Georgia In Network vs. Out of Network Inpatient Drug Rehab Centers
Make sure you work with Aetna of Georgia treatment centers that are in network with your insurance provider. An in-network substance abuse facility will be contractually bound with the insurer for an agreed-upon price for services. This is usually lower than paying full price. If you seek services at an out-of-network facility, you will have to pay more.
How to find Aetna of Georgia covered Inpatient drug treatment centers in GA?
You can easily find an approved Aetna of Georgia health and rehab center that is equipped to meet your needs. Reach out to American Addiction Centers (AAC) and an admissions navigator will verify your insurance coverage for you.
AAC is a top-rated addiction provider that has locations across the United States. When you call the Aetna of Georgia hotline, someone will direct you to Aetna of Georgia rehab centers near you that take your health insurance plan.
What Rehab Centers Take Aetna Insurance?
American Addiction Centers (AAC) has various rehab facilities around the country that provide drug and alcohol addiction treatment. If you have an Aetna insurance plan, the following AAC facilities accept Aetna for drug and alcohol addiction rehab.
- AdCare Rhode Island: With various facilities located in Rhode Island, AdCare provides innovative, quality, and cost-efficient addiction treatment. Its integrated system of care offers an inpatient treatment center in North Kingstown and a network of outpatient offices throughout Rhode Island. AdCare’s continuum of care includes detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, inpatient and outpatient services, and tele-health.
- Greenhouse Treatment Center: Located in Grand Prairie, Texas, Greenhouse offers individualized treatment plans and many levels of care including detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and tele-health, all in a luxurious setting with high-end amenities.
- Oxford Treatment Center: Located in Etta, Mississippi, Oxford offers gender-specific rehab while offering an opportunity to connect with nature and try new activities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, inpatient and outpatient treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health, all with individualized treatment programs.
- Recovery First Treatment Center: Located in Hollywood, Florida, Recovery First treats substance use disorders by combining evidence-based therapeutic modalities with top-level care. Recovery First provides a personalized continuum of care including detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and tele-health.
- River Oaks Treatment Center: Located in Riverview, Florida, River Oaks treats substance use disorders through combining evidence-based therapies with world-class amenities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, behavioral disorder treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, outpatient services, and tele-health, all with individualized treatment programs.
- Sunrise House Treatment Center: Located in Lafayette Township, New Jersey, Sunrise House provides treatment for people suffering from substance abuse from a medical and holistic standpoint. With various evidence-based therapeutic interventions, personalized care is provided through detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, and outpatient services.
There are various treatment programs for individuals struggling with drug or alcohol addiction, so don’t give up if the first program you check out doesn’t meet your individual needs. There are rehabs near me that can provide the treatment you need. Check out the directory to find a list of facilities and programs. You can search by location and filter by Aetna insurance.
- United States Census Bureau. (2020).
- S. News. (2018). 10 things to know about Georgia.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services. (2020). Quick statistics Georgia.
- Aetna.(2023). Immediate care & your mental health.
- Aetna.(2023). About us.
- Aetna.(2023). Individuals & families.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2020). Commonly used drugs charts.
- Center for Substance Abuse Treatment, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. (2004). What is substance abuse treatment? A booklet for families. HHS Publication No. (SMA) 14-4126. Rockville, MD.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. (2021). Clinical issues in intensive outpatient treatment for substance use disorders.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2018). Comorbidity: substance use disorders and other mental illnesses DrugFacts.
- HealthCare.gov. (n.d.). What marketplace health insurance plans cover.
- HealthCare.gov. (n.d.). Health benefits & coverage.