Aetna Ohio: Rehab & Detox Centers in OH That Take Aetna Insurance
Ohio is a family-friendly state where you can enjoy indoor and outdoor activities all day long.1, Paras 1 & 2 The Buckeye State is home to both the Pro Football Hall of Fame and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. It’s also the state from which the most US presidents have hailed, giving it its nickname, The Mother of Presidents.2, Bullet 5
Unfortunately, Ohio suffers from a severe substance abuse and addiction problem, just like most of the U.S. In 2020, Ohio was fourth overall in drug overdose mortalities, with an age-adjusted death rate of 47.2.3, Chart: Double Click Death Rate That year’s total superseded 2017, which was previously the highest for unintentional overdose deaths, and jumped 25% from previous year’s total in 2019.4, Bullet 2
The good news, though, is that getting help for addiction is possible. Aetna Better Health of Ohio covers certain drug addiction treatment programs that can help you start your life over without substance abuse. But how do you know where to look to find a facility or program that is covered by your insurance?
Does Aetna Better Health of Ohio insurance Cover Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers?
If you are covered by Aetna Better Health of Ohio, rehabilitation centers throughout the state will likely have a version of treatment contracted with your insurance plan. It’s important to find a facility covered under your plan so that you can seek professional treatment in the form of therapies, detox, medications, or whatever else your providers deem appropriate.
Still, many people feel intimidated when it comes to seeking treatment because they’re not sure which facilities contract with their Aetna Better Health of Ohio insurance plan. A great way to find this out is to call the number on the back of your insurance card for more details on your plan’s offerings.
Our admissions navigators are also here to help you. We’re available by phone, chat, or through the form at the bottom of this page.
What Is Aetna Better Health of Ohio?
Aetna Better Health of Ohio is a health insurance corporation. For over 30 years, it has been helping patients find the treatment they need with a trauma-informed and results-focused approach.5, Experience, Approach, Results This insurance is available in 16 states, including Arizona, California, Florida, Illinois, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, Virginia, and West Virginia.6, Dropdown menu Aetna Better Health is connected with the pharmacy company CVS and partners with a number of programs, including Medicaid and CHIP.5, Experience, Part of the
What Substance Addiction Does Aetna OH Rehab Treatment Centers Cover?
Many substances have caused problems in the Buckeye State in recent years. In 2020, fentanyl was associated with over 80% of overdose deaths.4, Bullet 3 The drug is a prescription opioid that has been cheaply manufactured and diverted in recent years to maximize the potency of heroin, which has created an increase in overdose fatalities.7, Para 1
But fentanyl isn’t the only addictive substance causing problems for Ohio residents. And because of the large variety of both illegal and prescription drugs that can cause addiction and dependence, it’s important to know treatment exists for all types of substance use disorders.8, pg 10-11 Other addictive substances include:
- Crystal meth.
- Prescription opioids.
Aetna Better Health of Ohio can provide coverage for addiction treatment for one or more of these substances. Some drugs, like cocaine, don’t have medications that can be used to treat addiction to them, while others, like heroin, do.8, pg 11 Whether medications can be used or not, behavioral therapy is usually a part of the larger treatment program, and different types of therapy might be used depending on a number of variables.8, pg 11
How Much Does Aetna Better Health of Ohio Cover (Addiction Treatment)?
When it comes to seeking addiction treatment, it’s always important to verify which treatments are covered under your insurance and at which facilities. Aetna Better Health of Ohio offers a number of treatment options for anyone dealing with substance use disorders, including but not necessarily limited to:9, Bullets
- A wellness assessment.
- 24/7 access to crisis assistance.
- Medications that will help you both during detox and recovery.
- Outpatient treatment.
- Inpatient treatment (should it be needed).
Aetna Better Health of Maryland health and rehab centers will ensure you get the treatment offerings best suited to your needs, but it helps to know different choices are available based on type and the severity of your addiction.
- Inpatient treatment: Inpatient or residential treatment is a type of rehab that provides 24-hour care.10, Bullets
- Partial hospitalization treatment: PHP doesn’t offer round-the-clock care but allows patients to get medical treatment while they are at the facility.10, Bullets
- Intensive outpatient program: IOP treatment offers the chance for patients to come and go from their rehab facility.10, Bullets Patients may need intensive outpatient care if their addiction or other symptoms are more severe than those in regular outpatient treatment.10, Bullets
- Outpatient treatment: Regular outpatient programs are the least intensive option, allowing patients to visit several times a week and to have long periods at home.10, Bullets
Does Aetna Better Health of Ohio Insurance Cover Mental Health Care Treatment Facilities?
Another difficult truth of having a substance use disorder is that some people uncover the co-occurring disorders that exist with it. Mental disorders and addictions both increase the likelihood that you will form the other disorder over time, which complicates recovery and treatment.11, Bullets It is recommended that patients are treated for both their substance use disorder and their co-occurring mental disorder at the same time.11, Diagnosis and treatment
According to the Affordable Care Act (ACA), all insurance plans are required to cover both substance use disorder and behavioral or mental health treatment.12, Bullets This means that if you began using as a way to escape the symptoms of your mental disorder or you’ve experienced mental health problems due to your substance abuse, you will be able to get treatment for both under your Aetna Better Health of Ohio drug treatment plan.
How Long Does Aetna Better Health of Ohio Insurance Cover Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab program?
Addiction treatment can come in many different forms, types, and lengths.8, Pg 16 While no singular treatment is right for all patients, there are certain truths associated with recovery that apply to most situations.8, Pg 5 For one, treatment that lasts longer is generally considered to be more effective, with 3 months being the proven minimum that leads to better results.8, Pg 5
This is concerning for some people who may not be sure if the full duration of treatment and/or the type of treatment they need is covered by their insurance plan. That’s why you should make sure to reach out to your Aetna Better Health of Ohio insurance provider to know what your plan offers.
What if My Aetna Better Health of Maryland Policy Does Not Cover an Inpatient Drug Rehab Program?
Not everyone is able to seek the exact treatment they want or need with coverage from their specific insurance plan, but this shouldn’t stop you from seeking out care. And different payment options—like financing—abound in treatment centers across the U.S.
The National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) states treatment must be “readily available” to be successful.8, Pg 5 This not only means the program itself should be able to immediately assist the patient but also that you shouldn’t wait to get the care you need. People who wait to get treatment sometimes back out (as a result of fear or denial), and like with other diseases that require lifelong recovery, earlier intervention leads to improved outcomes.8, Pg 5
Aetna Better Health of Ohio In Network vs. Out of Network Inpatient Drug Rehab Centers
One of the standards for seeking treatment for a substance use disorder with insurance coverage is to find a program in your network. In-network treatment facilities contract with your insurance provider, meaning they agree to work with your provider. If you seek treatment at one of these facilities, it will likely be covered to a greater degree.
If you choose an out-of-network facility, however, the program may have fewer payment requirements covered—or even none at all. That means you’ll wind up paying more for the same or similar treatment. We recommend always looking for in-network OH detox and OH drug rehabilitation centers whenever possible.
How to Find Aetna Better Health of Ohio Covered Inpatient Drug Treatment Centers in MD?
Two questions you should ask yourself when looking for any type of recovery program for substance abuse are, “Is it right for me?” and “Is it covered by my insurance?” It can be hard to answer these questions. Luckily, Aetna Better Health of Ohio offers behavioral health benefits to help you find the care you seek.8, Para 1
To get the answers you seek, reach out today. Call us at to speak with a member of our knowledgeable support staff, and we’d be happy to help you find a rehab center that accepts your insurance and offers the care you need. For example, Oxford Treatment Center is one of AAC’s leading treatment centers and offers quality care in Mississippi.
Recovery isn’t something you have to do alone. In fact, people who have support from their family, friends, and community will often stay in treatment longer and see better results.8, Pg 16-17 So, instead of going it alone, let us and your loved ones help you begin a safe, long-term recovery from substance use and start your life anew.
What Rehab Centers Take Aetna Insurance?
American Addiction Centers (AAC) has various rehab facilities around the country that provide drug and alcohol addiction treatment. If you have an Aetna insurance plan, the following AAC facilities accept Aetna for drug and alcohol addiction rehab.
- AdCare Rhode Island: With various facilities located in Rhode Island, AdCare provides innovative, quality, and cost-efficient addiction treatment. Its integrated system of care offers an inpatient treatment center in North Kingstown and a network of outpatient offices throughout Rhode Island. AdCare’s continuum of care includes detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, inpatient and outpatient services, and tele-health.
- Greenhouse Treatment Center: Located in Grand Prairie, Texas, Greenhouse offers individualized treatment plans and many levels of care including detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and tele-health, all in a luxurious setting with high-end amenities.
- Oxford Treatment Center: Located in Etta, Mississippi, Oxford offers gender-specific rehab while offering an opportunity to connect with nature and try new activities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, inpatient and outpatient treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health, all with individualized treatment programs.
- Recovery First Treatment Center: Located in Hollywood, Florida, Recovery First treats substance use disorders by combining evidence-based therapeutic modalities with top-level care. Recovery First provides a personalized continuum of care including detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and tele-health.
- River Oaks Treatment Center: Located in Riverview, Florida, River Oaks treats substance use disorders through combining evidence-based therapies with world-class amenities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, behavioral disorder treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, outpatient services, and tele-health, all with individualized treatment programs.
- Sunrise House Treatment Center: Located in Lafayette Township, New Jersey, Sunrise House provides treatment for people suffering from substance abuse from a medical and holistic standpoint. With various evidence-based therapeutic interventions, personalized care is provided through detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, and outpatient services.
There are various treatment programs for individuals struggling with drug or alcohol addiction, so don’t give up if the first program you check out doesn’t meet your individual needs. There are rehabs near me that can provide the treatment you need. Check out the directory to find a list of facilities and programs. You can search by location and filter by Aetna insurance.
- Ohio.(2021, April 19). 4 epic events in Ohio.
- Frank LaRose Ohio Secretary of State. (n.d.). Ohio by the numbers .
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2022, March 1). Drug overdose mortality by state.
- Ohio Department of Health. (n.d.). Drug overdose.
- Aetna Better Health. (2022). Who we are.
- Aetna Better Health. (2022). Aetna Better Health.
- US Drug Enforcement Administration. (n.d.). Fentanyl.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2018, January). Principles of drug addiction treatment: A research-based guide (third edition).
- Aetna Better Health of Ohio. (2023). Substance abuse.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. (2006). Substance abuse: Clinical issues in intensive outpatient treatment: Chapter 3. Intensive outpatient treatment and the continuum of care.
- National Institute of Mental Health. (n.d.). Substance use and co-occurring mental disorders.
- Healthcare.gov. (n.d.). Health & benefits coverage: Mental health & substance abuse coverage.