Aetna Texas Insurance Coverage for Drug and Alcohol Rehab Treatment
Aetna Texas: Rehab & Detox Centers in TX That Take Aetna Insurance
Texas, known as the Lone Star State, is home to many famous landmarks, people, and experiences.1 The Alamo is a well-known Texas landmark that is viewed as a symbol of independence and liberty and visited by millions of people every year.1 The Alamo Texas is also considered the capital of BBQ and even has different styles based on each region.1 BBQ Dallas, Houston, and Austin are some of the most popular cities in Texas.1 As the second largest state in the U.S. in population and land mass, Texas has a population of about 30 million.2
Like many places across the nation, Texas is struggling with the public health issue of substance use disorder. In 2020, 4,172 Texans died from drug overdoses.3 Texas Most of these overdose deaths in Texas were caused by opioids.4 p.8, intro, opioids The rate of opioid overdose deaths increased almost 3-fold from 2000 to 2016 in Texas.4 p.8, intro, opioids Adults reporting non-medical use of pain relievers also increased from about 779,000 in 2009–2010 to 830,000 in 2016–2017.4 p.8, intro, opioids One in 7 teens reported misusing prescription drugs.4 p.8, intro, opioids
Texas has developed several preventive initiatives to fight the opioid crisis and expand access to addiction treatment services.5 This includes enhancing data collection and developing training and resources to help people, professionals, and the community.5
If you or someone you love is struggling with substance use disorder, several options for treatment in Texas are available.6 If you have Texas Health Aetna, some, if not all, of the cost for treatment could be covered. Even if you don’t have insurance, several options, such as grants and scholarships, are available to help finance your journey to recovery.
Does Texas Health Aetna insurance cover Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers?
Texas Health Aetna insurance covers inpatient alcohol and drug rehab centers and addiction treatment services like medical detox, outpatient services, behavioral therapies, and addiction aftercare. Your level of coverage will depend on your specific insurance plan. Several factors can affect your coverage, such as the treatment center you choose and the duration of your treatment.
You can find out about your Texas Health Aetna insurance coverage in a few ways. Call the number on the back of your insurance card for more information on your plan. You can also reach out directly to facilities you’re interested in attending and have them check your insurance based on the information you provide. American Addiction Centers (AAC) can also verify your insurance for you. Call our helpline, chat with an agent online, or fill out the SSVOB form below for more information on your Texas Health Aetna plan.
What is Texas Health Aetna?
Aetna has been dedicated to providing top-quality healthcare solutions for its members since 1853.7 Texas Health Aetna is a branch of Aetna serving over 16 Texas counties.8 about us, transcript Texas Health Aetna provides health insurance plans and benefits for individuals and families focused on making finding healthcare easier and more convenient.8 about us, transcript
This includes access to quality mental health and substance use treatment services. Texas Health Aetna provides several programs geared toward alcohol and substance abuse treatment, including virtual addiction treatment and access to Texas Health Recovery & Wellness Center.9 Thousands of behavioral specialists and in-network rehab centers are available in Texas.8 about us, transcript
What Substance Addiction Does Aetna TX Rehab Treatment Centers Cover?
Different treatment services are available depending on the severity of your addiction and the substance you’re misusing. Texas Health Aetna provides addiction treatment coverage for various substances, such as:
- Crystal meth.
- Prescription drugs.
How Much Does Texas Health Aetna Cover (Addiction Treatment)?
The level of coverage you receive from your Texas Health Aetna plan will vary depending on several factors, like the duration of your treatment, the type of treatment you choose, and your benefits. Since everyone is unique and has different needs, finding the best treatment can sometimes require trial and error.10 p. 5 Many options for addiction treatment are available, including:10 p.32-37
- Inpatient or residential rehab programs: Many people who struggle with severe addictions attend inpatient or residential rehab. Inpatient programs are supportive, safe spaces to live while in recovery. Most programs last between 30 and 90 days, but longer programs are also available. Inpatient programs offer evidence-based treatment approaches like therapy, one-on-one counseling, and peer support groups. You’ll be able to build new coping skills to help support your long-term sobriety.
- Outpatient rehab or therapy: People with mild to moderate substance use disorder often start their recovery journey with outpatient programs. Like inpatient rehab, therapy in individual and group settings, peer support groups, and counseling focused on building skills to prevent relapse are available. You can continue living at home and tending to responsibilities like work or family while seeking treatment.
- Intensive outpatient programs (IOP): IOPs are more rigorous outpatient programs that require you to attend a certain number of times weekly.
- Partial hospitalization programs (PHP): Also called day treatment programs, PHPs are facilities that require you to attend treatment for multiple hours weekly while living at home.
Does Texas Health Aetna Insurance Cover Mental Health Care Treatment Facilities?
Yes, Texas Health Aetna Insurance covers mental health care. Mental health care is often necessary for those struggling with addiction and mental health disorders at the same time.11 what should I do? Of the 21 million people with substance use disorder, almost half are struggling with a co-occurring disorder.11 intro Mental health illnesses like anxiety, depression, bipolar disorder, attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) often coincide with addiction.10 p. 12
It’s unclear whether one illness causes the other, but mental health professionals believe the onset to occur in 2 different ways.11 does one cause the other? Some develop substance use disorders while trying to alleviate symptoms of their mental health illness through self-medication with drugs or alcohol.11 does one cause the other?
Others develop mental health illnesses from excessive, prolonged use of alcohol or drugs.11 does one cause the other? Although onset is undetermined, mental health professionals agree that addressing both illnesses in tandem results in more effective treatment and higher chances of long-term recovery. 11 what should I do?
The Affordable Care Act (ACA) considers behavioral and mental health care as essential health benefits.12 All insurance providers are required to cover at least some of the costs for essential health benefits.12 This means treatment for co-occurring disorders and stand-alone heroin rehab will always be covered under your Texas Health Aetna insurance.
How Long Does Texas Health Aetna Insurance Cover Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab program?
The amount of time you require for successful treatment will vary depending on different factors, like the severity of your addiction and your specific needs. Everyone is different, and some treatments work better than others, but mental health professionals agree that longer treatment times are most effective in promoting long-term recovery.10 p. 5 #5
Addiction recovery is an extensive process that can often take multiple stays in treatment.10 p. 5 #5 Research shows that treatment for at least 3 months is necessary for efficient results, but longer times have the best outcomes.10 p. 5 #5 Even after treatment, addiction aftercare plays a vital role in remaining sober.10 p. 6 #8
You may be wondering how long your Texas Health Aetna policy will cover inpatient alcohol and drug rehab treatment programs. Many factors can affect the length of your coverage. Since there are so many different tiers of coverage and types of policies, it’s best to check with your insurance company to find out exactly what’s covered under your plan. Call the number on the back of your insurance card, reach out to the rehab you’re interested in attending, or contact AAC for assistance.
What if my Texas Health Aetna policy does not cover an Inpatient drug rehab program?
You may find an inpatient drug rehab program that best suits you, but it isn’t covered under your Texas Health Aetna policy. If this is the case, don’t let this stop you from getting the treatment you need. Many options for financial assistance, like grants, scholarships, and other financial aid, are available through government, state, and local organizations. You can receive coverage for inpatient drug rehab programs along with other addiction services like medical detox, behavioral therapies, outpatient services, and addiction aftercare through the following:
- Government-funded programs: The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) provides financial assistance for at-risk and high-risk populations. Anyone struggling with addiction, especially mothers, expecting mothers, and IV drug users, is encouraged to apply to receive partial or complete coverage for substance abuse treatment through block grants. 13 What is a Block Grant?
- State-funded rehabs and local assistance: Many state and local organizations provide scholarships to cover some or all of the costs of addiction treatment services like medical detox, outpatient services, inpatient rehab, and behavioral therapy.
- The Affordable Care Act (ACA): The ACA assists people with no or low income to cover addiction treatment services.12
- S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA): The VA offers financial assistance to Veterans struggling with addiction or mental health issues. Depending on eligibility, you can receive coverage for services like medical detox, outpatient therapy, medication-assisted treatment (MAT), and mental health treatment.14 What services does VA provide for Veterans with substance use problems?
- Loans and financing: Banks and lenders specializing in funding substance use treatment offer loans for financial assistance. If you know someone who can pay for your recovery, taking a private loan is also an option.
Finding the help you need is most important. Instead of pushing it off for another day, learn more ways to pay for treatment.
Texas Health Aetna In Network vs. Out of Network Inpatient Drug Rehab Centers
To ensure at least a portion of the cost for inpatient drug rehab centers and other addiction services are covered, choose a provider in your network. Texas Health Aetna will provide a list of in-network providers to choose from. In-network providers are doctors, hospitals, facilities, and other healthcare professionals contracted through your Texas Health Aetna insurance to provide healthcare services.
When you choose an in-network provider, you’ll likely still have to pay out-of-pocket costs, like deductibles and co-pays. But when you choose a provider outside your network, you’ll likely pay most costs out of pocket.
To find out whether a provider is in your network, call the number on the back of your insurance card. You can also reach out directly to that provider and have them check your benefits or contact AAC for assistance.
How to find Texas Health Aetna covered Inpatient drug treatment centers in TX?
AAC can assist you with verifying your insurance and help you find inpatient drug treatment centers and addiction services covered under your Texas Health Aetna insurance. Every year, hundreds of people go into rehab financed through Texas Health Aetna. Call our helpline to speak directly with a representative who can check your insurance benefits for you right when you’re on the phone. You can also reach out to us online and chat with an agent who can assist you in verifying your benefits.
You can access some of the best treatment centers in the nation with AAC. Our facilities provide top-quality evidence-based addiction treatment services with impressive accommodations and amenities.
Greenhouse Treatment Center is our luxury treatment facility in Dallas, Texas. Their well-renowned staff understands that everyone has unique needs and offers top-quality individualized treatments in a spa-like environment. Many options for care and programs are available for special populations like the LGBTQ community, Veterans, Christians, and recovering licensed mental health professionals.
Starting the journey to recovery can often be difficult and confusing. Understanding what’s covered under your insurance offers peace of mind when figuring out the rest. If you or a loved one is ready to seek treatment for your addiction, AAC is here to help. Contact us to learn more about your Texas Health Aetna coverage and other ways to pay for treatment.
What Rehab Centers Take Aetna Insurance?
American Addiction Centers (AAC) has various rehab facilities around the country that provide drug and alcohol addiction treatment. If you have a Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance plan, the following AAC facilities accept Blue Cross Blue Shield for drug and alcohol addiction rehab.
- AdCare Rhode Island: With various facilities located in Rhode Island, AdCare provides innovative, quality, and cost-efficient addiction treatment. Its integrated system of care offers an inpatient treatment center in North Kingstown and a network of outpatient offices throughout Rhode Island. AdCare’s continuum of care includes detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, inpatient and outpatient services, and tele-health.
- Greenhouse Treatment Center: Located in Grand Prairie, Texas, Greenhouse offers individualized treatment plans and many levels of care including detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and tele-health, all in a luxurious setting with high-end amenities.
- Oxford Treatment Center: Located in Etta, Mississippi, Oxford offers gender-specific rehab while offering an opportunity to connect with nature and try new activities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, inpatient and outpatient treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health, all with individualized treatment programs.
- Recovery First Treatment Center: Located in Hollywood, Florida, Recovery First treats substance use disorders by combining evidence-based therapeutic modalities with top-level care. Recovery First provides a personalized continuum of care including detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and tele-health.
- River Oaks Treatment Center: Located in Riverview, Florida, River Oaks treats substance use disorders through combining evidence-based therapies with world-class amenities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, behavioral disorder treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, outpatient services, and tele-health, all with individualized treatment programs.
- Sunrise House Treatment Center: Located in Lafayette Township, New Jersey, Sunrise House provides treatment for people suffering from substance abuse from a medical and holistic standpoint. With various evidence-based therapeutic interventions, personalized care is provided through detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, and outpatient services.
There are various treatment programs for individuals struggling with drug or alcohol addiction, so don’t give up if the first program you check out doesn’t meet your individual needs. There are rehabs near me that can provide the treatment you need. Check out the directory to find a list of facilities and programs. You can search by location and filter by Aetna insurance.
- Texasproud.com. (2012). The 15 things that make Texas famous..
- Census.gov. (2022). QuickFacts.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2022). Drug overdose mortality by state.
- Texas Health and Human Services. (2020). Addressing substance use in Texas.
- Texas Health and Human Services. (2023). Agency action plan to address substance use.
- Texas Health and Human Services. (2023). Adult substance use services.
- Aetna.(n.d.). Our history.
- Texas Health Aetna. (n.d.). About us.
- Texas Health Aetna. (n.d.). Addressing addiction: Alcohol and substance abuse.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2018). Principles of drug addiction treatment: A research-based guide (third edition).
- National Alliance on Mental Illness. (n.d.). Understanding dual diagnosis.
- Healthcare.gov. (n.d.). Affordable Care Act (ACA).
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. (n.d.). Substance abuse and mental health block grants.
- S. Department of Veteran Affairs. (2022). Substance use treatment for veterans.
- Insurance Provider Name
- Policy Member's Full Name
- Policy Membership/Subscriber ID