Aetna New York Insurance Coverage for Drug & Alcohol Rehab Treatment
Aetna New York: Rehab & Detox Centers in NY That Take Aetna Insurance
New York is 1 of the most exciting places to live. This state is filled with entertainment, tradition, fashion, and theatrics. The capital of New York is Albany, and it is one of the most populous states in the U.S. 1 Albany Some of the major cities where the most residents reside in New York are Utica, Syracuse, Rochester, Albany, and Buffalo.1 Albany The population of New York in 2020 was estimated at 20,201,249 people. 2 Total Population in New York
This state is not only highly populous, but it claims several interesting facts, including that it is the home of the Statue of Liberty and that our first president, George Washington, was inaugurated in 1789 in New York City. 3 The Empire State
The exciting facts and sites to visit in New York do not alleviate the state from the effects of substance abuse. A portion of New York residents found themselves seeking treatment for various substances. The following statistics for New York were identified in residents age 12 or older from 2017 to 2019: 4 Behavioral Health Barometer
- 5% used tobacco.
- 2% used marijuana.
- 20% used heroin.
- 8% misused prescription pain relievers.
Does Aetna Better Health of New York insurance cover Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers?
Aetna Better Health of New York has plans that provide coverage for inpatient drug and alcohol treatment services for substance abuse. The level of coverage and amount covered are dependent upon your specific Aetna Better Health of New York plan.
Some of the products and services provided by Aetna are: 5 Aetna Facts
- Different ranges of employee benefits and insurance products.
- Behavioral health programs.
- Medical management.
- Medicaid services.
- Medicare plans.
- Tools and information to help you make better, well-informed decisions about your healthcare and financial well-being.
Programs provide the services needed for residents of New York who have substance abuse issues. The Aetna Better Health FIDA Plan is an example of an Aetna plan that is available to citizens of New York, and it provides coverage for substance abuse services. 6 Aetna Better Health FIDA Plan
You can find out what your plan covers in several ways. On the back of your Aetna Better Health of New York insurance card, there is a number you can call for more information about your coverage. You can also contact us at American Addiction Centers (AAC) via phone at 1-702-847-7887. Our helpline is open 24/7, with people waiting to assist you. You can fill out or use the chat or online SSVOB form.
What is Aetna Better Health of New York?
Aetna Better Health of New York, as a part of Aetna, has an estimated 39 million people; and they assist in helping these people in making decisions concerning their healthcare spending and healthcare overall, as well as provide programs and services that help to control rising healthcare costs. 5 Aetna Facts
Aetna Better Health of New York is a Medicaid Managed long-term care plan that is available to qualified New York residents. 7 Aetna Better Health of New York The term managed care describes a healthcare system or health insurance plan that provides cost and quality of care for its enrolled members. 8 Department of Health
AAC has facilities that are in-network with Aetna Better Health of New York. Some of these centers are:
- AdCare Hospital Outpatient (Massachusetts).
- Sunrise House Treatment Center (New Jersey).
- AdCare Rhode Island (Rhode Island).
- AdCare Hospital (Massachusetts).
- AdCare Rhode Island Outpatient (Rhode Island).
What Substance Addiction Does Aetna NY Rehab Treatment Centers Cover?
Aetna Better Health of New York drug and alcohol rehabilitation coverage includes the usage of some common drugs. Some common drugs that are used are: 9 Commonly Used Drugs Charts
- Prescription stimulants.
- LSD (acid).
- MDMA (ecstasy/molly).
- Psilocybin (magic mushrooms/shrooms).
- Steroids (anabolic).
- Methamphetamine (crystal/meth).
- Cannabis (marijuana/pot/weed).
- Cocaine (coke/crack).
How Much Does Aetna Better Health of New York Cover (Addiction Treatment)?
You can overcome substance abuse addiction through different types of treatment. The different types of treatment are either totally or partially covered by Aetna Better Health of New York, and the types of treatment are highlighted below: 10 Alcohol and Drug Treatment
- Intensive Outpatient Treatment: These type of treatment programs usually meet for several hours at a time, and it is often in the evening. They meet between 3 to 5 times each week as well. In this type of treatment, self-help group participation is often expected. Patients can continue to work while in this form of treatment.
- Inpatient and Residential Rehabilitation: This type of treatment is a chemical dependency program that is offered in psychiatric hospitals, general hospitals, and alcohol and drug treatment facilities. Patients receive supervision 24/7 that includes the management of psychiatric and medical conditions while working on their addiction recovery. Once the patient is stable, they typically move to outpatient care for their ongoing treatment.
- Partial Hospital Program (PHP): This type of treatment involves programs that provide 4–8 hours during the day and allows people to return home at night. They usually involve a self-help program like Alcoholics Anonymous (AA). While in this program, patients are placed in a supportive environment as they experience some of their stressors and triggers.
- Outpatient Program: In this program, patients undergo safe detoxification from alcohol and drugs. They are assessed on whether they need to be admitted into an inpatient program depending on the length and severity of their alcohol or drug usage.
Does Aetna Better Health of New York Insurance Cover Mental Health Care Treatment Facilities?
The Affordable Care Act (ACA) is a comprehensive law reform that addresses healthcare costs, insurance coverage, and preventive care. 11 Category: Health Insurance Reform This act requires that most small and large employer health insurance plans, including all the plans that are offered through the Health Insurance Marketplace, provide coverage for substance use disorder and mental health services. 11 Category: Health Insurance Reform
Co-occurring disorders may include any combination of 2 or more mental health disorders or substance use disorders. 12 Co-Occurring Disorders and Other Health Conditions These types of co-disorders are often treated at the same time. Some common co-occurring disorders are: 12 Co-Occurring Disorders and Other Health Conditions
- Conduct disorders.
- Bipolar disorder.
How Long Does Aetna Better Health of New York Insurance Cover Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab program?
Aetna Better Health of New York’s level of coverage for drug and alcohol rehabilitation programs depends upon several factors. Some of these factors are:
- Any co-occurring disorder that may need to be treated at the same time as the rehab program.
- The seriousness of your substance use disorder.
- The type of rehabilitation facility you choose.
Aetna Better Health of New York has plan administrators that can assist you in determining how long your treatment coverage will be. The types of policies, coverage, and different factors vary for each member. To find your plan’s specifics, you can call the number on the back of your insurance card.
What if my Aetna Better Health of New York policy does not cover an Inpatient drug rehab program?
The policy you have with Aetna Better Health of New York may not cover an inpatient drug rehabilitation program. If your policy does not cover inpatient drug rehabilitation, you should not seek or delay your treatment. Some rehabilitation centers offer financing, grants, and scholarships to fund coverage for your treatment.
To find the options available to you, you are encouraged to call the rehabilitation center. These rehab centers can give you the needed information about treatment funding. However, if you can or cannot afford treatment, please make it of the utmost importance to seek treatment. Treatment is very important in your journey to overcoming substance abuse issues.
Aetna Better Health of New York In Network vs. Out of Network Inpatient Drug Rehab Centers
In-network and out-of-network care are different. In-network care involves doctors, specialists, and other facilities that are in contract with insurance companies, such as Aetna Better Health of New York; services are provided at a distinct rate. 13 Network and out-of-network care Out-of-network providers do not have contracts with an insurance company and have to pay out of pocket for services.
To determine if the drug rehabilitation center you are interested in is either out-of-network or in-network, you can contact Aetna Better Health of New York for specifics about your plan.
How to find Aetna Better Health of New York covered Inpatient drug treatment centers in New York?
Aetna Better Health of New York has comprehensive insurance coverage that can be utilized for inpatient drug centers in and around New York. You can contact them to find out the treatment centers that are in network.
AAC can provide you with the assistance you need to verify your Aetna Better Health of New York coverage. We have helped several people get their lives back together and on track. Our helpline is open 24/7, and our number is 1-702-847-7887.
Sunrise House Treatment Center of New Jersey is 1 of AAC’s leading treatment centers. This treatment center is also in-network with Aetna Better Health of New York and provides outpatient therapy, intensive outpatient, safe medical detox, co-occurring disorder treatment, and inpatient residential.
What Rehab Centers Take Aetna Insurance?
American Addiction Centers (AAC) has various rehab facilities around the country that provide drug and alcohol addiction treatment. If you have an Aetna insurance plan, the following AAC facilities accept Aetna for drug and alcohol addiction rehab.
- AdCare Rhode Island: With various facilities located in Rhode Island, AdCare provides innovative, quality, and cost-efficient addiction treatment. Its integrated system of care offers an inpatient treatment center in North Kingstown and a network of outpatient offices throughout Rhode Island. AdCare’s continuum of care includes detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, inpatient and outpatient services, and tele-health.
- Greenhouse Treatment Center: Located in Grand Prairie, Texas, Greenhouse offers individualized treatment plans and many levels of care including detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and tele-health, all in a luxurious setting with high-end amenities.
- Oxford Treatment Center: Located in Etta, Mississippi, Oxford offers gender-specific rehab while offering an opportunity to connect with nature and try new activities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, inpatient and outpatient treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health, all with individualized treatment programs.
- Recovery First Treatment Center: Located in Hollywood, Florida, Recovery First treats substance use disorders by combining evidence-based therapeutic modalities with top-level care. Recovery First provides a personalized continuum of care including detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and tele-health.
- River Oaks Treatment Center: Located in Riverview, Florida, River Oaks treats substance use disorders through combining evidence-based therapies with world-class amenities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, behavioral disorder treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, outpatient services, and tele-health, all with individualized treatment programs.
- Sunrise House Treatment Center: Located in Lafayette Township, New Jersey, Sunrise House provides treatment for people suffering from substance abuse from a medical and holistic standpoint. With various evidence-based therapeutic interventions, personalized care is provided through detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, and outpatient services.
There are various treatment programs for individuals struggling with drug or alcohol addiction, so don’t give up if the first program you check out doesn’t meet your individual needs. There are rehabs near me that can provide the treatment you need. Check out the directory to find a list of facilities and programs. You can search by location and filter by Aetna insurance.
- Albanyny.gov. (n.d.). Albany.
- United States Census Bureau. (n.d.). Total population in New York.
- New York Senate Government. (n.d.). The Empire State.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. (n.d.). Behavioral health barometer.
- Aetna.(n.d.). Aetna facts.
- Aetna.(n.d.). Aetna Better Health FIDA Plan.
- Aetna.(n.d.). Aetna Better Health of New York.
- New York State. (n.d.). Managed care.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (n.d.). Commonly used drugs charts.
- Aetna.(n.d.). Alcohol and drug treatment.
- HHS.gov. (n.d.). Category: Health insurance reform.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. (n.d.). Co-occurring disorders and other health conditions.
- Aetna.(n.d.). Network and out-of-network care.
- Insurance Provider Name
- Policy Member's Full Name
- Policy Membership/Subscriber ID
Check your Aetna New York rehab coverage
American Addiction Centers' locations
Guides for other health insurance providers
- 1199SEIU Funds
- APS Healthcare
- Aetna Insurance
- Ambetter Insurance
- American Family Insurance
- Amerigroup Insurance
- Amerihealth Insurance
- Anthem BlueCross California
- Anthem Insurance
- Assurant Health Insurance
- Beacon Health
- Behavioral Healthcare
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Shield of California
- Cigna Insurance
- Community Health Choice
- Cooks Children’s Health Plan
- Emblem Health
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Exclusive Care
- Federal Blue Cross Blue Shield
- First Care
- First Health
- Florida Blue (BCBS Florida)
- GEHA Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Harvard Pilgrim
- Health Net
- Health Plan of Nevada
- Horizon BCBS
- Humana Health Insurance